Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Vote to threadban Bioshuffle
This poll is closed.
Yes (Goku) 146 85.38%
No (also Goku) 25 14.62%
Total: 171 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
The krispy kreme thing is a little disingenuous though. The title makes it sound like the company started out by making jewish slaves make the donuts and run the ovens, but in reality a rich nazi gently caress started a company and that company eventually bought krispy kreme years after the war ended.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

dont care still ownedb y nazis

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

The krispy kreme thing is a little disingenuous though. The title makes it sound like the company started out by making jewish slaves make the donuts and run the ovens, but in reality a rich nazi gently caress started a company and that company eventually bought krispy kreme years after the war ended.

Don't worry. An alien lady will single handedly keep them alive

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

IShallRiseAgain posted:

The Nazis really weren't too fond of the physically handicapped though.

They murdered people born with disabilities, but they praised injured veterans. Although Hitler replaced the pension system for injured veterans with one that paid based on the heroic nature of the injury, so that a minor combat wound would get a larger pension than a serious wound in training.

Crespolini
Mar 9, 2014

Bust Rodd posted:

Why do you think Nazis deserve mercy?

guessing it's not specific to nazis, but just a question of pattern recognition. 100% of people in the world who like torture do so because they enjoy torturing, and don't actually care about who the victim is

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I bought the Homelander plush and he has an adorably insufferable penis head. Great chewtoy for my cats.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Crespolini posted:

guessing it's not specific to nazis, but just a question of pattern recognition. 100% of people in the world who like torture do so because they enjoy torturing, and don't actually care about who the victim is

citation needed

Crespolini
Mar 9, 2014

Bust Rodd posted:

citation needed

uh, not really

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Ok cool dude didn’t realize I was talking to someone who mapped the entire human psyche that is pretty cool

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

I wonder if Obama actually watched the Boys + great Homelander ending scene or if something he just said to seem in touch with the latest popular TV shows per recommendation from the focus groups...

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

christmas boots posted:

I don't think she was secretly running things, though I think it's clear she had enough pull to get her way if she wanted something and I think she just wasn't interested in any company business outside of her little project with Lamplighter.

I think it makes sense that she didn't make a move before she did, though. Presumably she was waiting until she had a breakthrough with the Compound V research before she did anything.

Stormfront took time off to raise her daughter and be with her until she died. That's why she was gone for so long. She even shows Homelander a pic of herself with her daughter and says "she died recently".

I don't think the show will ever talk about her having controlling interest in Vought or not but I agree with the other people who said that if it was me there is no loving way I would give up controlling interest in the company my spouse founded that also happens to be the biggest and most powerful in the whole world.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

etalian posted:

I wonder if Obama actually watched the Boys + great Homelander ending scene or if something he just said to seem in touch with the latest popular TV shows per recommendation from the focus groups...

he's probably got some kind of task force dedicated to fashioning his public image. they come up with those stupid lists he puts out. he's probably never even seen the show.

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

You can credibly accuse Obama of a lot of things up to and including actual war crimes without needing to go "and I bet he's lying about having seen popular TV shows too"

I mean I believe Ted Cruz when he says he's read Watchmen as well.

massive spider fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Dec 31, 2020

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

It's not remotely weird for politicians to have totally normal hobbies unrelated to politics, and Obama's always been a relatively mainstream nerd who knew what "Kwisatz Haderach" was.

I still genuinely can't decide if Paul Ryan was just lying when he said Rage Against the Machine was one of his favorite bands, or if he's genuinely that clueless. Both are really plausible.

Edit: the last issue of The Boys comic epilogue Dear Becky came out, and it shits all over some of the minor side characters. Do not recommend.

Old Kentucky Shark fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Dec 31, 2020

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

It's not remotely weird for politicians to have totally normal hobbies unrelated to politics, and Obama's always been a relatively mainstream nerd who knew what "Kwisatz Haderach" was.

I still genuinely can't decide if Paul Ryan was just lying when he said Rage Against the Machine was one of his favorite bands, or if he's genuinely that clueless. Both are really plausible.

Edit: the last issue of The Boys comic epilogue Dear Becky came out, and it shits all over some of the minor side characters. Do not recommend.

I'm gonna go with "clueless" for Paul Ryan. A ton of people have a surface level (or less) understanding of what RatM is singing about, they tend to be a favorite of anyone who considers themselves a radical, regardless of their beliefs.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

etalian posted:

It is 100% possible that he sat and watched the entire show and it went completely over his head.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Cpt_Obvious posted:

It is 100% possible that he sat and watched the entire show and it went completely over his head.

He probably did the "I can do whatever I want" scene with one hand on the nuclear button.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
People keep praising Antony Starr for his work on this show and for good reason, but even though his character is on the exact opposite end of the complexity scale I think Chace Crawford is doing a great job with the Deep. I loved that moment in the bar when he's watching the hearing on tv.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Cpt_Obvious posted:

I mean he’s literally an evil genius. I don’t know why people need to pretend he was another GW. Obama knew exactly what to pretend to be like and exactly when to show the real Obama.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

obama is probably a sociopath, just like most of the ruling class. sleep tight!

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

It's too bad he didn't make Christianity illegal like my aunt's FWD:FWD:FWD:FWD:FWD: PLEASE READ!!!!!! promised

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Chamale posted:

He probably did the "I can do whatever I want" scene with one hand on the nuclear button.
Thanks, now the idea that Michele Obama's clit is labeled the Nuclear Button is in my head.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

christmas boots posted:

People keep praising Antony Starr for his work on this show and for good reason, but even though his character is on the exact opposite end of the complexity scale I think Chace Crawford is doing a great job with the Deep. I loved that moment in the bar when he's watching the hearing on tv.

:same:

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
The Deep's scenes are pretty repetitive. I don't get why he's still hanging around.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Because there's a certain type of idiot who things just kind of slide off

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

the deep loving owns. Chace does a great job of playing reprehensible goofy dumbass and I'm always looking forward to how he can make his life even more embarrassing and stupid.

Babe Magnet fucked around with this message at 13:01 on Jan 1, 2021

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Deep is the himbo representation we need.

I also believe he is a good actor, his scene with Patton Oswalt is already kind of a cult classic Sci-Fi moment

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Bust Rodd posted:

Deep is the himbo representation we need.

I also believe he is a good actor, his scene with Patton Oswalt is already kind of a cult classic Sci-Fi moment

I didn't find the conclusions that scene came to particularly compelling. They're a bit of a cliché, truth be told, just gussied up with some spectacle. Once you cleave through the sfictional metaphor it's pretty standard stuff.

Though he's a good actor, yeah.

Open Source Idiom fucked around with this message at 13:37 on Jan 1, 2021

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Babe Magnet posted:

the deep loving owns. Chace does a great job of playing reprehensible goofy dumbass and I'm always looking forward to how he can make his life even more embarrassing and stupid.

The best thing was how due to being a embarrassing D-list super hero he got exiled to the mid west.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Open Source Idiom posted:

The Deep's scenes are pretty repetitive. I don't get why he's still hanging around.

It’s fun just watching him not catch a break with every opportunity that comes his way,he’s a jinxed idiot.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

It’s fun just watching him not catch a break with every opportunity that comes his way,he’s a jinxed idiot.

It was like the hilarious bits in American Gods in after Mad Sweeney lost the gold coin which brought him good luck.

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

Bust Rodd posted:

Right so how does she have powers though? if every soup is just a baby whose parents cut a deal with Vought how do they not know about her?

The Supes from Brazil!

Feral Integral
Jun 6, 2006

YOSPOS

Just finished binging the whole show and holy poo poo season 1 ruled and season 2 was pretty much a ball of predictable, rehashed stupid poo poo like the one dimensional marketing duo. Character arcs were either unchanged or entirely predictable. Still entertaining but no longer surprising at all. No more good performances by the actors, either

Still impressed that James Deen has acting chops like this tho

Feral Integral fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Jan 2, 2021

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Feral Integral posted:

Just finished binging the whole show and holy poo poo season 1 ruled and season 2 was pretty much a ball of predictable, rehashed stupid poo poo like the one dimensional marketing duo. Character arcs were either unchanged or entirely predictable. Still entertaining but no longer surprising at all. No more good performances by the actors, either

Still impressed that James Deen has acting chops like this tho

Please tell me more (i’m being genuine,i would like to know)

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
The characters either acted different or acted the same! What a shitshow! lmao

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Imagine watching Antony Starr this season and being like "no more good performances from this guy!"

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
So did you have your tv turned off during all of Black Noir’s scenes or what?

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Defiance Industries posted:

Imagine watching Antony Starr this season and being like "no more good performances from this guy!"

Ffs, everyone gave a great performance. Storm front was unbelievably likable by pure charisma alone.

And if you didn't like season 2, you might be a cryptofascist.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

christmas boots posted:

So did you have your tv turned off during all of Black Noir’s scenes or what?

he was really good,especially him being asleep during the seven meeting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Defiance Industries posted:

I can do anything I want!