Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
Friendly Fleet

Hostiles up top. Friendlies down bottom

5489 in system total

Comstar fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Jan 3, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

https://zkillboard.com/kill/89681597/
:piss:

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo
I love how different the pvp can be in eve-

Solo frigate pvp: I must pay attention every instant, if I'm a second too late overheating my rep I'll die!

Null TIDI pvp: Well I hit "activate" on my guns, guess I'll go pop a load of laundry in the washer...

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

ONLY HALF OF THE TITANS WILL BE ISSUED GUNS

IF YOUR TITANMATE DIES, LOOT HIS GUNS

https://zkillboard.com/kill/89681688/

supersnowman
Oct 3, 2012

raminasi posted:

What is the logic even supposed to be here

People often petition for reimbursement when the node looks like it is sitting itself because people pretend it's CCP's fault they lost their shiny. It's stupid but apparently it works once in a while because some GM are stupid.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Okay, so is that a zKill glitch, or are they seriously jumping in empty titans to waste our ammo?

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
22 enemy Titans down.

It is rumored that enemy Titans are not loading mods before getting killed. THIS IS A MASSACRE.

Orlando Furioso
Nov 7, 2012
This is the most hilarious tidifest I've ever been in, hearing Asher and Elo call out kills every minute or two, while my Megathron slowly grazes their lovely Onyx fleet to death

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
server is melting lmao
thats whats going on

Super.Jesus
Oct 20, 2011

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Okay, so is that a zKill glitch, or are they seriously jumping in empty titans to waste our ammo?

No, that's the type of stuff we'd do.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
So when Titans jump in under tidi they don't have their tank active while loading. This is a known thing.

Well it looks like PASSPISS forgot about that and is getting slaughtered

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

BIG HEADLINE posted:

I'm just here to watch the drama and have next to no EVE experience, but that would be mindbogglingly wasteful right?

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
Enemy capital ships are reported be jumping in BELOW the station- maybe logging back in now?

Tsed
Jan 30, 2008

aaaaag drugs

BIG HEADLINE posted:

killmail generation gets fucky in these situations, it's nearly certainly a server issue

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

BIG HEADLINE posted:

unfit killmails are an old as gently caress bug in lag fights

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

A quote from the INN stream: we're apparently killing a titan every five seconds of non-dilated time.

Tsed
Jan 30, 2008

aaaaag drugs

Raged posted:

So when Titans jump in under tidi they don't have their tank active while loading. This is a known thing.

Well it looks like PASSPISS forgot about that and is getting slaughtered

They got high on shield supremacy.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
26 dead Papi Titans

0 Dead Goon Titans

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
I have 1 kill logged on zkill and did 56k damage, and yet I have seen my fighter guns cycle once in an hour. SLOW, SMART, METHODICAL

Super.Jesus
Oct 20, 2011
So hum, is tonight the end of EVE Online?

What happens if we mulch the entire enemy titan fleet?

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!
In retrospect, it might have been smarter for them to try and load hours, or even a day before in a surprised attempt to get as many titans out as possible. But trying to load grid while we already had 4k people in system was the dumbest fuckin' decision they could have made.

I am enjoying their lack of forethought very much.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Super.Jesus posted:

They will claim victory because the servers were poo poo, because that's what these idiots loving do. Every loving time

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
ENEMY TITANS HAVE BEEN REPORTED TO LOG OFF. ENEMY TITANS HAVE BEEN REPORTED TO BE ORDERED TO LOG OFF. ENGAGE ALL ENEMY TITANS.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

Super.Jesus posted:

There will be a travelling goon carnival of whoop-rear end travelling around the galaxy face loving test & freinds

Orlando Furioso
Nov 7, 2012

Comstar posted:

ENEMY TITANS HAVE BEEN REPORTED TO LOG OFF. ENEMY TITANS HAVE BEEN REPORTED TO BE ORDERED TO LOG OFF>

Looks like we've got two fleets to camp then :skink:

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

Literally what the gently caress are they even doing? Did they just log in half their titan fleet, piecemeal, and then immediately log them off? None of this makes any sense whatsoever

rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

The last few posts of page 786 made for a hell of a cliffhanger

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
PAPI is screaming bloody murder that we are using the same tactics they used, but better.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

BIG HEADLINE posted:

its a glitch i just thought it was funny

it's happening a lot and i suspect it also means they're not even loading passive hardeners/extenders before they die, but id have to add up the damage they're taking

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

THEY ARE RUNNING
THEY ARE TRYING TO SAFELOG TITANS ON GRID:frogsiren:

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Aesculus posted:

Literally what the gently caress are they even doing? Did they just log in half their titan fleet, piecemeal, and then immediately log them off? None of this makes any sense whatsoever

Not piecemeal. They tried to jump in all at once, but the server quietly squeaked out a strained, blood-curdled "no" before collapsing in an electric diabetic coma.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Raged posted:

PAPI is screaming bloody murder that we are using the same tactics they used, but better.

"don't jump into a shitload of motherships with drones out" was something we learned in, uh, 2009

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
THE KEEPSTAR HAS STARTED TO REPAIR STOP 37 ENEMY TITANS HAVE BEEN DESTROYED STOP WE ARE ENGAGING ENEMY TITANS WITH SUB-CAPITALS TO KEEP THEM ON GRID STOP ENEMY FLEET IS BUBBLED STOP SEND MORE SHIPS STOP

redbrouw
Nov 14, 2018

ACAB
What's a sub-battleship role that I can aim for where I'll actually stay alive long enough to see some action?

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
This is like Little Bighorn and once again the good guys are winning.

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007
wheres the duck?

CFox
Nov 9, 2005
So it's been a few years since I won eve, as long as you keep a ship aggressed by shooting at it then it never logs off except at downtime, right?

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

redbrouw posted:

What's a sub-battleship role that I can aim for where I'll actually stay alive long enough to see some action?

Literally fly a BJ interceptor and fly into the middle of their pack solely to generate logoff timers

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

They had almost 7000 people next door to our staging, and they have basically fed dozens of Titans into a woodchipper. This war is loving over

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malefitz
Jun 19, 2018

So they try to jump into a system with 4500 dudes present right into the middle of one giant ball of death. And they are loading one by one, getting picked off before they can do anything.

Who could possibly have predicted this?