Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tsed
Jan 30, 2008

aaaaag drugs

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

it was such a slaughter and one sided massacre (it's still ongoing) that the BJs weren't being able to shine

however

when they called to log off, we warped down and burst jammed to get as many of them agro'd as possible, which over 90% of them in range, and we were in range of about 80% of them

so 70%+ of their titans were aggresseed by us :)

bless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
We dared PASSPI to gently caress around to find out, well, they hosed around, and they found out

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

The Hambulance
Apr 19, 2011

:20bux:

ASK ME ABOUT MY AWESOME STARTUP IDEA

Pillbug

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

e: To be fair, the keepstar barely matters. It repairing means we can jump out safely, but that's it. Us winning it or losing it mostly stops being relevant after downtime.

On the up-side, It should prove to PISSPEE that they don’t stand a chance of hurting anything in 1DQ. At least now they can use “the server can’t handle it” as an excuse to pack up and go home.

Realistically, how badly will losing this many titans & supers hurt them in the short term? I’m sure they can build more in the long run, but are Test and other groups going to be more vulnerable to a curb-stomping from their associates?

rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

So, roughly 5k goons & fam were logged in and even more sneks were logged in? Keeping in mind about 39k accounts were logged into tranquility as a whole, that's pretty loving impressive.

Oh look, a bunch of accounts have logged off over the last 45 minutes or so https://eve-offline.net/?server=tranquility

rocketrobot fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Jan 3, 2021

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

Their tiers will power us for years

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Collateral Damage posted:

To be fair to PAPI they did fight until downtime and they weren't really in a position they could extract from. They were trapped, they tried to fight their way out but it wasn't enough.

They should have logged back in.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
the story is that papi coord told everyone to log off

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007
no pl, no nc, no problemo

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

The Hambulance posted:

On the up-side, It should prove to PISSPEE that they don’t stand a chance of hurting anything in 1DQ. At least now they can use “the server can’t handle it” as an excuse to pack up and go home.

Realistically, how badly will losing this many titans & supers hurt them in the short term? I’m sure they can build more in the long run, but are Test and other groups going to be more vulnerable to a curb-stomping from their associates?

One thing is for sure, is it will make them a lot more hesitant to take that sort of fight ever again.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

Stereotype posted:

the story is that papi coord told everyone to log off

They can log off but their fleet is aggressed and will just sit there and die.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
lol they lost over 50 titans, we lost none, and they both lost the objective as well as trapped even more of their super/titan pilots next to a now fully operational battlestation.

just unbelievable. just a massacre. incredible

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

The Hambulance posted:

The first fight over this keep should have told them that the price of one keep timer in Delve where we could jump in supers was 130 titans, and 1DQ has 5 keeps, with four on the same grid, so the blood price for 1DQ was close to 2000 titans at a minimum

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

But they had 1500 titans ready to jump in!

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
Reddit is reporting unconfirmed reports that PL And NC To Announce Withdrawal From Campaign.

redbrouw
Nov 14, 2018

ACAB

Comstar posted:

I don't think we've lost anyone in our subcap fleet yet. If you want to be a good target for friendly's to keep alive. train for a fleet booster, but that takes a LONG time.

I never got out of dreadnoughts last time I played and without access to the Goonwiki, I'm struggling to understand all the shortform for roles. Is a fleet booster something to do with command burst? Logistics? What kind of space planes do they fly?

I'm totally excited for this to stop being a mystery.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
guys we just won the war

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

This is amazing. How have I never flown a supertrain before two days ago?

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
I'm gonna need to see some propaganda art for this.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

rocketrobot posted:

So, roughly 5k goons & fam were logged in and even more sneks were logged in? Keeping in mind about 39k accounts were logged into tranquility as a whole, that's pretty loving impressive.

Oh look, a bunch of animes have logged off over the last 45 minutes or so https://eve-offline.net/?server=tranquility

According to INN the total players in home systems before fight were well north of 10k.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Collateral Damage posted:

To be fair to PAPI they did fight until downtime and they weren't really in a position they could extract from. They were trapped, they tried to fight their way out but it wasn't enough.

I'm sorry I meant to say "Fight past downtime". The logical response to that would have been for Imperium to dock up and lol.

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

Holy jesus they hosed up so badly, this is madness.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
I said "Goonspeed" Not "Goonwarpspeed"

I am playing a better game right now but holy poo poo this is loving DELICIOUS.

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

I DID A BIG CACA IN MY DRUG STORE DIAPER
Upvoted. I respect the play, I really do. But I would have been very skeptical about jumping a fleet into a system already at max Tidi with more than 5,000 fat, sweaty goons in it. The smell alone was probably stressing the server beyond capacity.

But knowing how hard it is to not welp supercap fleets, I probably would have pulled the trigger too. After all, it's damned hard to jump to a safe fortizar on grid when everyone just wants to jump straight into a swarm of fighter bombers. The calculus was iffy, but if you had managed to not welp your entire supercap fleet, we'd have probably had another month or even two month's worth of fighting in us before we gave up. Definitely.

So, overall nice play. I'd be more sympathetic about the server conditions, but half your falcons were on grid in max TiDi and surrounded by heavy fighters before they lit the cyno. TEST gave me a lot of poo poo for trying to jump my praxis through the T5 gate when there were only 3,000 horrible unkempt nerds on the other side - what did you think was going to happen. The Imperium spent a lot of time theory crafting and considering ways to move our super fleet right on top of the T5 keepstar, but TiDi jumping was always a consideration. Instead of running head first into a wood chipper, we insisted on being careful and deliberate. Slow. Smart. Methodical. That's our motto!

Unfortunately it's always tough to come up with ways to gain an advantage when you outnumber your enemy 3 to 1. That's why I'm always bitching and complaining about game mechanics. This game is probably trash, but it's the game we have to play. Because I got banned from PS2 and Apex Legends for using slurs.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

Comstar posted:

Reddit is reporting unconfirmed reports that PL And NC To Announce Withdrawal From Campaign.

I think I just heard Villy poo poo himself

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

In the end the shining disco keepstar remained standing in the vastness of M2...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siIFu2yQ4PE

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Stereotype posted:

guys we just won the war

yeah, they have thrown 180 titans into a woodchipper, and now have two superfleets safelogged in a hellcamp. They have no force projection. This is done

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
This is a loving war crime

The Hambulance
Apr 19, 2011

:20bux:

ASK ME ABOUT MY AWESOME STARTUP IDEA

Pillbug

Comstar posted:

That’s no big surprise. As soon as they start to lose, they leave.

Orlando Furioso
Nov 7, 2012
PGL just hit his hat trick for lost titans today

SnoochtotheNooch
Sep 22, 2012

This is what you get. For falling in Love
Iwonder how many super pilots are unsure if the system registered their jump or not. How many of them know where they will load when they log back in?

... I guess that info is shown at the character screen. w/e

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?
We just won the defensive phase of the war. The vengeance phase has not yet begun. TEST is next.

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
Im gonna repost the poster but in big form okay?

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.

Malefitz
Jun 19, 2018

Comstar posted:

It's a post from Scooter McGabe, doubt it has any truth to it

SnoochtotheNooch
Sep 22, 2012

This is what you get. For falling in Love

Standing in front of my monitor doing exactly what my av is.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

Ynglaur posted:

We just won the defensive phase of the war. The vengeance phase has not yet begun. TEST is next.

redbrouw
Nov 14, 2018

ACAB
Lol, Brisc as Baghdad Bob.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

redbrouw posted:

Lol, Brisc as Baghdad Bob.

Fountain Frank

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

:smug::smug::smug::smug::smug::smug::smug::smug::smug::smug::smugdog: