Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Bird in a Blender posted:

I’m amazed at how many normally intelligent people get sucked in by these bullshit sites. I have a friend, her parents are both retired rocket scientists, and they are constantly sending her conspiracy theory websites about COVID-19. She sends actual legit things back and they just get brushed aside.

It's because they are also arrogant. And the whole "the sheeples aren't smart enough to understand this" plays right into that arrogance.

And of course because they are so smart, they couldn't possibly be duped by someone untruthful so there's no need to fact check

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
And finished with Cobra Kai Season 3.

Definitely, definitely worth a watch.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

FizFashizzle posted:

good suggestions for fun 2 player computer games for the gf and i?

not overcooked

Diablo 3 is still fun coop if it's something both of you might like.

Or Torchlight 2 if you picked it up when it was free in the epic store a few day ago. I haven't played Torchlight 2 but did play the first one and it was a fun little hack & slash rpg thing.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

wandler20 posted:

Owns. I really need to get something like this. Every time I need to haul my tools I put them in a tote and it's not ideal at all. Having wheels would be great.

In other I'm officially old because I'm way too excited about it purchases I bought a couple non-stick pans today because I'm sick of poo poo always sticking to our old stainless ones.

I've been eyeing them for at least a year. My younger brother has the Craftsman one, but the way that system stacks together and the latches are both kinda janky compared to the Rigid. The Milwaukee branded one is super nice too, but it costs double any of the others. I wasn't 100% sure that I'd like it, so I didn't want to pay for Milwaukee. DeWalt makes one too, but I just liked the way the Rigid snaps together when stacking, plus it has moisture and dust seals, and the beefiest latches of any that I've ogled in stores

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Grittybeard posted:

Diablo 3 is still fun coop if it's something both of you might like.

Or Torchlight 2 if you picked it up when it was free in the epic store a few day ago. I haven't played Torchlight 2 but did play the first one and it was a fun little hack & slash rpg thing.

If you want a terrifying amount of choice there is Path of Exile :unsmigghh:

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

D-LINK posted:

I've been eyeing them for at least a year. My younger brother has the Craftsman one, but the way that system stacks together and the latches are both kinda janky compared to the Rigid. The Milwaukee branded one is super nice too, but it costs double any of the others. I wasn't 100% sure that I'd like it, so I didn't want to pay for Milwaukee. DeWalt makes one too, but I just liked the way the Rigid snaps together when stacking, plus it has moisture and dust seals, and the beefiest latches of any that I've ogled in stores

That Rigid price point looks good compared to the Dewalt stuff I've looked at. I wish Menards carried at least one higher quality brand because I have some gift cards to burn up there.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Skwirl posted:

You need 4 people for Left 4 Dead. It's in the title.

eh two people two bots is doable unless you're on high difficulties

ZuluDashOne
May 1, 2020

#NeverForget

Go Wings!

:911:

Its Rinaldo posted:

If you want a terrifying amount of choice there is Path of Exile :unsmigghh:

:getin:

Deep Rock Galatic: pick a class, go mine stuff and mind the bugs.
Hammerwatch: similar to your Diablo's, Torch Lights, Wolcens but 2d. I can't speak to any of the custom content made for it but my brother and I had fun playing through the main campaign.
XCom 2: command together or trade off doing missions or the base building/management aspect.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhkBleDMvB0

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

wandler20 posted:

That Rigid price point looks good compared to the Dewalt stuff I've looked at. I wish Menards carried at least one higher quality brand because I have some gift cards to burn up there.

Yeah, I don't own any other Rigid tools except shop vacs. It no longer matters to me if all of my tools match tho, so I just went with the set that I thought was best quality

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I have made it this far in life never having had this happen to me, and I sincerely hope that I will keep that streak going.

https://twitter.com/oeste/status/1345523552125124610

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Skwirl posted:

I had a loving rolling suitcase for half a semester.

In my defense my high school didn't have lockers because they thought it would stop school shootings.
First year of high school I shared a locker, I took the top shelf and my classmate with a last name close to my own took the bottom half. Sophomore year, that year moved to the separate lockers one on top of another. Then I switched high schools to one that was on the semester system so instead of 7 classes all year long it was 4 classes for Autumn and 4 for Spring. And at that point I had a car so I used that instead of a locker.

The car was a 1985 Pontiac Sunbird that I drove in 1996 so don't at me

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

waah posted:

It's because they are also arrogant. And the whole "the sheeples aren't smart enough to understand this" plays right into that arrogance.

And of course because they are so smart, they couldn't possibly be duped by someone untruthful so there's no need to fact check

There are giant Epoch Times billboards on one of the main thoroughfares through Denver now. It’s disheartening that these places have that sort of money to throw around and that they’re going to keep that grift train running for the foreseeable future.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

wandler20 posted:

Owns. I really need to get something like this. Every time I need to haul my tools I put them in a tote and it's not ideal at all. Having wheels would be great.

In other I'm officially old because I'm way too excited about it purchases I bought a couple non-stick pans today because I'm sick of poo poo always sticking to our old stainless ones.

Oh man last year we bought some scanpan pans without any rivets sticking out from the handle, totally smooth. Incredible difference.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Skwirl posted:

gently caress.

2020 doesn't want to stay in 2020.

Any excuse to post one of the great responses to an incredibly out of touch person

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76HijAoXi6k

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
Yeah, all other things being neutral Larry King is a bajillion years old and I honestly would forget he’s still alive pretty regularly

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Kalli posted:

Any excuse to post one of the great responses to an incredibly out of touch person

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76HijAoXi6k
I thought this was a sketch when I first watched it

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.

FizFashizzle posted:

good suggestions for fun 2 player computer games for the gf and i?

not overcooked

Jackbox has their old You Don’t Know Jack games available for single-computer trivia competition. You’d be running a high risk of some reaaally outdated jokes and pop culture references, though.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

wandler20 posted:

Menards tools and accessories are generally poo poo. I will 100% go to Home Depot for any tool I need, electric or otherwise. If there was a Lowes in my area, that would be my preference. Menards is good for building materials, but the quality of the brands they carry (other than ones like Bosch) is horrible.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Follow up on an earlier post, I’m enjoying Fallout: NV on the PS3; performance has been satisfactory so far.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
We're doomed

https://twitter.com/latimes/status/1344648353397702657

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

i know i've said it before but i'm probably just getting tools from harbor freight until the end of time. the chinese figured out steel like 5 years ago and plastic is plastic. i'm not blowing 30 bucks on made in america pliers, especially when that premium probably just goes to line the executives' pockets.

off on a different tangent i'm reading hard boiled wonderland by murakami. dudes got some wild prose about women. almost half way thru.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Harbor Freight is dope

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

General Dog posted:

Follow up on an earlier post, I’m enjoying Fallout: NV on the PS3; performance has been satisfactory so far.

sure it's fine now

50 hours from now when your savefile is so bloated thanks to memory leaks that the game crashes every 3rd area transition? not so great

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Alaois posted:

sure it's fine now

50 hours from now when your savefile is so bloated thanks to memory leaks that the game crashes every 3rd area transition? not so great

That sounds like a problem for future-me :c00lbert:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Alaois posted:

sure it's fine now

I played the poo poo out of it on PS3 and that never happened :shrug:

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

i hope the priority is just that, a priority. i don't know these people, i can't talk to them much less convince them, nor do i really have any faith in the government or media to convince them either. it sucks that that's probably going to impede the first goal of protecting the retirement homes and hospitals but if they want to get a move on with progressing towards herd immunity, then i'll take the vaccine.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
I talked to a friend yesterday who said his wife, a nurse, was one of six nurses out of 26 at her clinic that took the vaccine, the rest didn’t.

I got nothin.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

steroids are a hell of a drug

https://twitter.com/moschinodorito/status/1345533350774235144?s=20

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Abugadu posted:

I talked to a friend yesterday who said his wife, a nurse, was one of six nurses out of 26 at her clinic that took the vaccine, the rest didn’t.

I got nothin.

They only thing I'm even remotely optimistic about with this is that they've already had the first wave of immunizations going through and nobody has grown a new appendage or had their brain melt, so a number of the early "uncertains" are coming around around here. I know a few personally who have decided to get it after originally declining.

I guess seeing your colleagues take it and end up fine is enough to overcome the trust issues. You'll never get the COVID-denying crowd, though.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Abugadu posted:

I got nothin.

Did they report why?

I’m trying to figure out what’s the proportion of the following beliefs;

+COVID is fake
+COVID isn’t that bad
+Hesitant to get first round of vaccines
+Vaccines have Bill Gates mind control chips
+???

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
I'm glad both of my parents have had thier first shots and my sister gets hers next week. This is one of those times I really regret not going into medicine

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

2 Big 2 Sick

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

The Glumslinger posted:

I'm glad both of my parents have had thier first shots and my sister gets hers next week. This is one of those times I really regret not going into medicine

Found out my county health department has a sign up thing that will broadly put you into an appropriate tier and they're supposed to email and call you when you have a chance to make an appointment.

I don't exactly trust it for poo poo honestly, but I feel happier that I've at least gotten the people I worry about most theoretically in line. I think the older people I personally care about are pretty much on board with getting things as soon as possible, which was a relief. I mean it isn't much but a few days ago I had no idea about what to do at all.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

shirts and skins posted:

Oh man last year we bought some scanpan pans without any rivets sticking out from the handle, totally smooth. Incredible difference.

The ones I bought are Woll brand and are completely smooth as well. Very excited to make some breakfast tomorrow.

Samadhi posted:

Menards tools and accessories are generally poo poo. I will 100% go to Home Depot for any tool I need, electric or otherwise. If there was a Lowes in my area, that would be my preference. Menards is good for building materials, but the quality of the brands they carry (other than ones like Bosch) is horrible.

Yep, that's why I commented on wishing they carried one of the better brands. I don't have HD or Lowe's in my town so that's my big box option.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

What the heck happened to his jaw??

Rooster Brooster
Mar 30, 2001

Maybe it doesn't really matter anymore.

General Dog posted:

2 Big 2 Sick

Lolling on line

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Is it the lighting or is his nose hosed up?

And I guess hanging out with Bautista and having a role in a Marvel movie gets you the good stuff

VVV Eternals

Digital Jedi fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Jan 3, 2021

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

What was he cast in again? One of the upcoming Marvel movies?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

wandler20 posted:

Yep, that's why I commented on wishing they carried one of the better brands. I don't have HD or Lowe's in my town so that's my big box option.

You could always spend it on beef jerky and other snacks