Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Caesar Saladin posted:

I like tons of different video games, I just don't like Gone Home much

Like lmao i mentioned other walking simulators I enjoy

Yeah you enjoy the ones without icky unrelatable gay themes, we get it. Straight guy stomps into gay art, cries out about how boring it is. Please take your spicey hot gamergate level takes to reddit where they belong or something.

New page, so a new unpopular gaming opinion : the Might and Magic RPGs were better than the Heroes of Might and Magic series.

Punkinhead fucked around with this message at 08:47 on Jan 3, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

I enjoy ones that engage you in more creative ways than reading notes scattered around a house

i didn't know that disliking Gone Home is a sign of deep seated homophobia

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Caesar Saladin posted:

i didn't know that disliking Gone Home is a sign of deep seated homophobia

No, you attacked a game for gay people as not being engaging enough for a straight man.

You're being a piece of poo poo, if you're poo poo talking the first gay video game that my sister experienced and you don't understand why that makes you a piece of poo poo then you're beyond helping. I wasn't joking, if you think of yourself as a progressive and caring guy then I have some news for you. You're not. You're part of the problem. gently caress off.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

A game can be as gay as it likes if it presents its gameplay in more engaging way than reading notes in a static environment

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Caesar Saladin posted:

A game can be as gay as it likes if it presents its gameplay in more engaging way than reading notes in a static environment

Aren't you the guy who said that it was okay Pewdiepie says the N-word?

Suddenly everything makes sense. You really are beyond the pale.

Edit : But just in case you forgot, you're comparing this game to What Remains of Edith Finch. The game that is 100% about collecting notes with absolutely no gameplay in between unless you count pressing X to jump between trees, which is a pathetic level of pedantry to anyone who's played both.

The only difference you pointed out is that one of the characters is a man.

Punkinhead fucked around with this message at 09:00 on Jan 3, 2021

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Please Caesar, enlighten us as to what specifically made Edith Finch bearable as opposed to what you call a monotonous note collecting game? Perhaps it was the one or two straight male characters? God forbid that you admit that one of your dumbass opinions was half baked.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

why don't you write your posts on a series of notes and leave them around your house

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQBlSnsT5bc here is an exemplary sequence from edith finch

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Lmao your entire argument is linking to the one big male characters segment as if it shows tons of awesome and engaging gameplay.

Seriously you are a piece of poo poo. But let's take it to PM's instead of ruining this thread further.

I don't want to make anyone else suffer through your posts. I wish there was a way to convey to straight men like you that queer spaces and queer art aren't designed to appeal to you, but I don't know how to make you understand without crayons and copious amounts of glitter glue.

PM sent

Punkinhead fucked around with this message at 09:11 on Jan 3, 2021

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting

Caesar Saladin posted:

Gone Home is wandering around a house reading notes

So is Resident Evil

Anyways its cool to see perspectives that you don't relate to so you can relate to them better in the future imo

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

signalnoise posted:

So is Resident Evil

Anyways its cool to see perspectives that you don't relate to so you can relate to them better in the future imo

Judging just by our private conversation, this guy has never related to anyone in his life who wasn't a fellow straight white male. I literally begged him to try to see why a gay person might be hurt by his blasé opinion of the game and his reply was basically "k"

Punkinhead fucked around with this message at 09:30 on Jan 3, 2021

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

signalnoise posted:

So is Resident Evil

I'm never gonna relate to Zombies and you can't make me!

lurker2006
Jul 30, 2019
Because of this last page of comments I've been forced to become a Joe Rogan listener and order a blueray of the Boondock saints, I'm sorry I'm a weak man.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

PinheadSlim posted:

Judging just by our private conversation, this guy has never related to anyone in his life who wasn't a fellow straight white male. I literally begged him to try to see why a gay person might be hurt by his opinion of the game and his reply was basically "k"

Because of the circumstances of my life, I only relate to straight white men who are buff as gently caress and on an adventure to save their girlfriend

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

i'm just being kind of a dismissive rear end in a top hat to them, don't act like I'm dropping slurs in PMs or whatever

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Caesar Saladin posted:

i'm just being kind of a dismissive rear end in a top hat to them, don't act like I'm dropping slurs in PMs or whatever

No one said slurs. Stop strawmanning to make your lovely opinions sound better please.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Caesar Saladin posted:

K

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Bringing it around to less homophobic but still bad opinions...

Super Mario Bros 2 was super duper fun. I know it wasn't as tight as 3, but I loved the whole drat thing.

In fact, I like it way more than 3.

spouse
Nov 10, 2008

When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

SMB2 is the gayest one, checkmate, saladman.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

PinheadSlim posted:

Bringing it around to less homophobic but still bad opinions...

Super Mario Bros 2 was super duper fun. I know it wasn't as tight as 3, but I loved the whole drat thing.

In fact, I like it way more than 3.

Super Mario Bros 2 has the best music in the franchise to me

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

spouse posted:

SMB2 is the gayest one, checkmate, saladman.

actually its SMB3 because it takes place on a theatre stage

pieuvre armement
Feb 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

PinheadSlim posted:

Judging just by our private conversation, this guy has never related to anyone in his life who wasn't a fellow straight white male. I literally begged him to try to see why a gay person might be hurt by his blasé opinion of the game and his reply was basically "k"

Lmao

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Core Mario games are awesome. Have any of them sucked? I mean like the SNES, M64, Sunshine, etc.

Also I want to play Gone Home, seems cool to me. I am A Gay though :v:

Also a surprisingly good walking sim is Soma. Play on easy or whatever it is and have the monsters be harmless. Great game that oozes atmosphere.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

I've heard that Sunshine had some questionable design decisions but I haven't played enough of it to say any drat thing about it.

I wouldn't want to poo poo talk something I don't understand.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

Hold on now guys let's not talk about Mario games being fun

This is the thread for unpopular opinions like walking sims being lame

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Well is saying that gay people like theater an unpopular gaming opinion?

It's certainly an outdated, lovely, and insensitive joke to make given the context of the discussion. Great posting Caesar.

spouse
Nov 10, 2008

Since someone mentioned it last page:

Prey 2006 is thematically better than new Prey by a mile, and it's a crime that the name was used to create a completely different game.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Walking simulators can be cool, I really thought the Witness was a special game even if J. Blow is right up his own rear end

What Remains of Edith Finch just might be the most aggressively boring video game I've ever played

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

PinheadSlim posted:

Well is saying that gay people like theater an unpopular gaming opinion?

It's certainly an outdated, lovely, and insensitive joke to make given the context of the discussion. Great posting Caesar.

Is it gay to like Pathologic

spouse
Nov 10, 2008

Tacoma was good.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

QWOP is my favorite walking simulator

SwissDonkey
Mar 29, 2007

spouse posted:

Prey 2006 is thematically better than new Prey by a mile, and it's a crime that the name was used to create a completely different game.

:hai:

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I am a bigger fan of games like Finch where you go forwards and see the environment and stuff. I am not as big a fan of puzzle based walking sims because I can be a bit slow because my brain kind of shuts off during video games.

Basically, I like video games that are cool and neat and require no mental energy. Sick puzzles that take thinking are the worst.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

Barudak posted:

QWOP is my favorite walking simulator

I wanted to like it but the enemy I could manage to hit was the ground

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

I asked Caesar in PMs to stop messaging me but he doesn't seem to get it, so please, I'm asking publicly, stop messaging me.

I get it, you think you're right, can you please stop messaging me about how you totally won this argument? Please.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
I might eventually check out Gone Home, but I played Tacoma and while it had some creative ideas the game did very little to make me interested in any other Fulbright games.

Hellblade Senua's Sacrifice is a much better walking simulator with occasional combat (which feels pretty forced like they had to add it to sell the game) that does some outstanding things with the game audio to create an extremely unique experience.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

pentyne posted:

I might eventually check out Gone Home, but I played Tacoma and while it had some creative ideas the game did very little to make me interested in any other Fulbright games.

Hellblade Senua's Sacrifice is a much better walking simulator with occasional combat (which feels pretty forced like they had to add it to sell the game) that does some outstanding things with the game audio to create an extremely unique experience.

Hellblade really kicked rear end. With headphones its one of the cooler more engaging experiences out there

PinheadSlim posted:

I asked Caesar in PMs to stop messaging me but he doesn't seem to get it, so please, I'm asking publicly, stop messaging me.

I get it, you think you're right, can you please stop messaging me about how you totally won this argument? Please.

could you stop ruining this thread?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

spouse posted:

I remember people being like, it's got a kinda schlocky native american protagonist but that beats the usual rep they get which is none

Also fighting alien invaders with magic is always fun

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

syntaxfunction posted:

Core Mario games are awesome. Have any of them sucked? I mean like the SNES, M64, Sunshine, etc.

If you count the New Super Mario titles as core, a couple of them are 'eh', but only really when you compare them to the rest of the Mario series.

spouse posted:

I will never not be salty that Prey 2 never happened.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Vandar posted:

If you count the New Super Mario titles as core, a couple of them are 'eh', but only really when you compare them to the rest of the Mario series.

I really really liked the first New Super Mario Bros for the DS when it came out. I hope that's not one that people hate :(

Caesar Saladin posted:

could you stop ruining this thread?

I'll take that as a yes, thank you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

PinheadSlim posted:

I really really liked the first New Super Mario Bros for the DS when it came out. I hope that's not one that people hate :(

That one is pretty okay and I liked it a bunch when it came out (maybe because it had been like ages since we had a new 2D Mario game?). NSMB2 was kind of treading the water a bit and had the weird coin gimmick, but I enjoyed the Wii game and NSMB U is right up there with Mario 3 and World for me.