Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
There is a item recovery box in.. the adventurer's guild? Expensive though and only records the stuff you lost in your last death.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeadlyHalibut
May 31, 2008

Autistic Speculum posted:

Has anyone noticed an increase in prismatic shards? In my first year on a new save I got 5 or 6.

I found only one

But I feel like I found tons of museum artifacts that are usually super rare. They might've tweaked the drop rates somehow.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
Geodes are fixed to the seed and you can check out with the predictor, for what it's worth. Dunno about the normal drop rate.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!

Noonsaliwah posted:

So basically, when you harvest you just walk down the walkways and pick both above and below you. It's also easy to set up, and you can use the middle-quality sprinklers.

Not sure, but if you're talking a watering radius of two, that's iridium.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

Noonsaliwah posted:

This method has 1 walkway and 1.5 hops for each row of sprinklers, so I think a simple setup where sprinklers do both the row immediately above and below is more effecitient. Like so;
code:
==================
*X**X**X**X**X**X*
==================
(1 walkway and 2 hops per sprinkler row)

By repeating this pattern over and over, it looks like this;
code:
==================
*X**X**X**X**X**X*
==================
==================
*X**X**X**X**X**X*
==================
==================
*X**X**X**X**X**X*
==================
So basically, when you harvest you just walk down the walkways and pick both above and below you. It's also easy to set up, and you can use the middle-quality sprinklers.
How are you watering the hops that are 2 tiles away if you're using the quality sprinkers?

Also, this is the hop garden that I use until I move on to starfruit/ancient fruit wine. I usually plant coffee bushes in the walkable area.

It gives a use for quality sprinklers as you move to iridium but if you're rich enough to use iridium sprinklers everywhere you might as well make a 15x15 field with nothing but trellis crops and a junimo hut at the center. The cons here are that you won't be able to reach the hut until the end of the season and you're not making as much b/c you're either making pale ale or grape wine.

Rick_Hunter fucked around with this message at 11:19 on Jan 3, 2021

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Noonsaliwah posted:

This method has 1 walkway and 1.5 hops for each row of sprinklers, so I think a simple setup where sprinklers do both the row immediately above and below is more effecitient. Like so;
code:
==================
*X**X**X**X**X**X*
==================
(1 walkway and 2 hops per sprinkler row)

By repeating this pattern over and over, it looks like this;
code:
==================
*X**X**X**X**X**X*
==================
==================
*X**X**X**X**X**X*
==================
==================
*X**X**X**X**X**X*
==================

If you're using iridium sprinklers (and you'd have to to water that Island row) you can double up the island row as below

code:
==================
*X**X**X**X**X**X*
==================
==================
*X**X**X**X**X**X*
==================
==================
*X**X**X**X**X**X*
==================

Noonsaliwah
Sep 5, 2006
Shizne

Rick_Hunter posted:

How are you watering the hops that are 2 tiles away if you're using the quality sprinkers?

Sorry, I'm a fool who got *s and =s the wrong way around!

Unclouded
Jul 14, 2012

So I recently bought the telephone from Robin's and didn't realize you could get incoming phone calls from people. Seems random on when it happens but some of the people that called were amusing.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Anew news if/when consoles will get the latest update?

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

ConcernedApe estimated it'll be out before the end of the month if things go well.

Mountaineer
Aug 29, 2008

Imagine a rod breaking on a robot face - forever

Unclouded posted:

So I recently bought the telephone from Robin's and didn't realize you could get incoming phone calls from people. Seems random on when it happens but some of the people that called were amusing.

I got a phone call from the bear I gave some maple syrup to. It was cool. The phone is super convenient, too. I always forget what materials I need for buildings so I can call Robin ahead of time and avoid wasting a trip.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i mean after this cutscene

it makes sense he's harrassing you at home as well

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
Mr. Qi: "Man, look at these awesome slimes. I put sunglasses on 'em! Boy, when the farmer unlocks this content they're in for a tough time."

Me, wearing a Slime Charmer Ring combined with a crabshell ring: "La de dah this is fun"

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Mountaineer posted:

I always forget what materials I need for buildings so I can call Robin ahead of time and avoid wasting a trip.

Last night I was halfway to Robin's before I realised I hadn't brought enough (any :downs:) materials. And it was 4:30pm. On the day before the Festival of Ice. Which takes place on a Monday. Guess I didn't need that Coop upgrade so badly after all.

I'm not super complaining, but it is kinda weird that you have to take the materials to her, before she brings them back to your farm the following morning.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

webmeister posted:

Last night I was halfway to Robin's before I realised I hadn't brought enough (any :downs:) materials. And it was 4:30pm. On the day before the Festival of Ice. Which takes place on a Monday. Guess I didn't need that Coop upgrade so badly after all.

I'm not super complaining, but it is kinda weird that you have to take the materials to her, before she brings them back to your farm the following morning.

The reason I use chests anywhere is basically because of this.

SpudCat
Mar 12, 2012

Y1 at least I usually just buy the materials there.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

MacheteZombie posted:

The reason I use chests anywhere is basically because of this.

I use CJB's time freeze and warp functions for this situation. Which happens basically every single loving goddamn time I go to Robin or Clint to upgrade anything.

e: Clint's not so bad once you get the minecarts going, but Robin is a long hike from any cart stop urrrrgh. Would it kill you to put a cart stop like by the spa or something CA? :saddowns:

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

Eric the Mauve posted:

e: Clint's not so bad once you get the minecarts going, but Robin is a long hike from any cart stop urrrrgh. Would it kill you to put a cart stop like by the spa or something CA? :saddowns:

There's a minecart in the mines. Which isn't much further away than the spa.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Well, neither is your front door if you look at it like that.

What I should be doing is keeping a chest by Robin's front door and dumping wood/stone/clay/hardwood into it on my way to/from the mines or whatever so it's there when I want to upgrade... but of course I never think to do it when I'm actually playing.

S w a y z e
Mar 19, 2007

f l a p

So I walk in to Pierre's on day 1 of Spring year 3 to get crops, don't see him there. Go back home and call him. "Come right in, we're open until 5," he says from the Island Resort, wearing nothing but his swim trunks :argh:

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

S w a y z e posted:

So I walk in to Pierre's on day 1 of Spring year 3 to get crops, don't see him there. Go back home and call him. "Come right in, we're open until 5," he says from the Island Resort, wearing nothing but his swim trunks :argh:

no one is happier than Clint exists than Pierre

Clint's existence means that Pierre has a shot at not being the most-hated character in the game

SpudCat
Mar 12, 2012

If Pierre didn't have the moment where he sends Morris to orbit I think he'd be solidly in first place.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Now you know to close down the resort the day before you need to make some purchases!

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

I would day one buy a gently caress Pierre's Life DLC wherein you go Joja, sell your crops direct to some distributor somewhere so they never pass through Pierre's hands, marry Abigail, show Caroline his "stash" prompting her to leave him and get back with the Wizard, help Joja drive him out of business, and he finally staggers out of the valley a shattered shell where once was a man, never to be seen again. Caroline and Emily team up to open a store selling herbal remedies and crystals and poo poo, which Clint spends all day every Monday staring forlornly at.

Eric the Mauve fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Jan 4, 2021

kilus aof
Mar 24, 2001

Eric the Mauve posted:

I would day one buy a gently caress Pierre's Life DLC wherein you go Joja, sell your crops direct to some distributor somewhere so they never pass through Pierre's hands, marry Abigail, show Caroline his "stash" prompting her to leave him and get back with the Wizard, help Joja drive him out of business, and he finally staggers out of the valley a shattered shell where once was a man, never to be seen again. Caroline and Emily team up to open a store selling herbal remedies and crystals and poo poo, which Clint spends all day every Monday staring forlornly at.

Real Homer "When Flanders Failed" energy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_esEXByDG-I

But maybe it's a little deserved in this case.

kilus aof fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Jan 4, 2021

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
People's hate for Pierre is the weirdest thing. Is it because he's possibly French

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Tired Moritz posted:

People's hate for Pierre is the weirdest thing. Is it because he's possibly French

it's because I sold him some sweet fuckin' Eggplant and then I have to hear Robin talking about how she bought this great eggplant from Pierre and he told her he grew it himself in his own garden

I don't give a drat that he closes on Wednesdays and he's a smarmy son of a bitch, but don't you take credit for my fuckin' gameplay you prick

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Tired Moritz posted:

you've been posting in this thread long enough to know exactly why

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

I've never sold him anything so I've never seen those messages. Just dump all the produce in my chest the mayor drives into town on his pickup truck in the late night/early morning.

What is the open box in the store for by the way?

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
Pierre was cuckolded by the Wizard, so it all evens out - he's suffered enough.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

S w a y z e posted:

You should still be able to shop while he's at the resort? He sets up an honestly box to pay with.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

it's because I sold him some sweet fuckin' Eggplant and then I have to hear Robin talking about how she bought this great eggplant from Pierre and he told her he grew it himself in his own garden

He did the same thing in my game selling Linus "the most delicious daffodil", what kind of exploitative snake-oil salesman is this creep, to convince a seasoned forager to pay for and eat that thing? :mad:

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅
Finally able to get a 'perfect' grange display score at the fair soothes my soul.

Also decided to build a honey maze using the mini obelisks

You click on one by the farmhouse and you're in the maze to the south west. I plan on extending it to the entire west side of the map. All honey has to be reachable in the maze and has to be pollenated. All flowers have to be sealed off to prevent myself from harvesting on accident. I plan on incorporating all my diamond huts on the path as well. Two exits the frog exit to the south and what will be an exit to the north west.

Darkhold fucked around with this message at 11:32 on Jan 4, 2021

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

Coolguye posted:

you've been posting in this thread long enough to know exactly why

Because people want to gently caress his wife??

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
Trip update : Almost did a year 1 community bundle. In spring 3 y2 and just waiting on one more apple *shakes fist at fruit bats* and a beet because I was bad at managing my money, could have gotten the bus open sooner.

Sadly my collection brain also kicked back in and I tried to catch the spring Legendary fish. Which seemed nearly impossible even if the tackle to reduce the bar drop when not reeling in, and then when I exited to title and retried the day, it didn't show at all for the next couple of retries (each only the length of one Dish of the Sea buff, because I'm still fishing 9 base).

Should probably dig up most of my greenhouse and rationalize it a bit. Some re-harvest ables, some space for growing cooking stuff, and a bunch of ancient and star fruit.

Need to actually both talk to villagers more and take more time to read what they say, lol. And find somewhere to put a post-it note to remind me this is meant to be my Chill Sands playthrough and not worry about completionist poo poo (but still want the CC for post-game stuff).

EDIT : Also 50/50 on if I want to move the greenhouse somewhere better, but almost prefer it on the set it and forget it island.

Tylana fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Jan 4, 2021

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
I finally bought this on my Switch after wanting to play this game since it released on PC a million years ago.

Just two questions before I dive in - can I change my characters appearance in the game or is character creation my one shot?

Can I have multiple saves? I'd like my own file but my wife and I may coop a farm too.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Wildtortilla posted:

I finally bought this on my Switch after wanting to play this game since it released on PC a million years ago.

Just two questions before I dive in - can I change my characters appearance in the game or is character creation my one shot?

Can I have multiple saves? I'd like my own file but my wife and I may coop a farm too.

There's a way to change your appearance later on, yeah. And there are a lot more clothing options since the patch before this most recent huge one.

I don't have the Switch version so I'm not sure about multiple saves, but I don't know why you wouldn't aside from Nintendo being weird about it. Given that it's not an AAA title, I would assume you can have as many saves as you want. PC and mobile both allow for multiple.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Wildtortilla posted:

You can change your appearance at any time for a nominal fee after befriending the town Wizard.

You can have multiple saves as well.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
Thanks for the info!