Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Trevor Hale posted:

Guilt or innocence is a weird morality to bring into this. He got jacked because he was cast in a movie and the studio had a history of molding their actors to make a look. They do this in a variety of ways. That’s all.

yeah I think everyone should be allowed to use steroids or HGH if they want...totally not a moral thing just an observation. I like the actor, I'm glad he got jacked, he looks great, hope he enjoys his rocking bod.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Have you seen the rich people with plastic surgery, personal trainers, and chefs?

Yea Elon musk arguably is still gross as before

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Lol elon musk doesn't work out or eat right. He's just got hair plugs and an infinite supply of adderall

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Do it ironically posted:

Before what? He grew up with access to all that poo poo, he chooses to be gross.

And when the basic premise of the meme that triggered the conversation was that it was bad that he used steroids, and there are posts taking about how steroids hosed him up and made him ugly, its reasonable to assume that the tone is one of accusation unless clarified. Especially when our culture almost universally considers them cheating

I still think its reasonable for him to have gotten this ripped with just the work portion.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

gently caress you now I want McDonald's

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

i am shattering like glass

but at least
i have

springy ride
https://twitter.com/thejoannagraham/status/1345722698455019520?s=20

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
There was a local McDonald's deal where you could get 50 Chicken McNuggets for the Super Bowl. I ordered one on a lark with the idea being I'd eat all 50 while watching the Rams-Patriots game in 2001. One of my friends ate a McNugget and my other friends were exasperated that I couldn't try to do all 50 solo.

The Patriots then won that Super Bowl and we've been living in the worst timeline since.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I got a 20 pack of McDonald’s chicken nuggets and ate them with some Chic Fil A buffalo sauce that I saved from before. It was amazing but I felt dirty for doing it, like I was cheating on my wife.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Cartoon Man posted:

I got a 20 pack of McDonald’s chicken nuggets and ate them with some Chic Fil A buffalo sauce that I saved from before. It was amazing but I felt dirty for doing it, like I was cheating on my wife.

which fast food chain is your wife in this situation? Mine is El Pollo Loca.

CapitanGarlic
Feb 29, 2004

Much, much more.

LifeSunDeath posted:

Taco Belle

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

What have I become, my Swedish friend?

RFC2324 posted:

Before what? He grew up with access to all that poo poo, he chooses to be gross.

And when the basic premise of the meme that triggered the conversation was that it was bad that he used steroids, and there are posts taking about how steroids hosed him up and made him ugly, its reasonable to assume that the tone is one of accusation unless clarified. Especially when our culture almost universally considers them cheating

I still think its reasonable for him to have gotten this ripped with just the work portion.

https://twitter.com/asthmalover/status/1345568493907787776?s=21

It’s this though. It’s a certain subset of people who think the virgin vs chad meme was just about the dude having muscles and not literally anything else. It’s also attributing morality to appearance (while conveniently ignoring the same transformations in white actors)

It’s also weird because he initially got jacked like two years ago and this is just a round of point and laugh at the dude with the jawline. So. All of this discourse is dumb and I regret googling any of it

Edit: and I typed too long and now we’re talking about Taco Bell, a much better topic of discussion

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

LifeSunDeath posted:

Definitely Chic Fil A. I could recreate the Super Size Me documentary there and enjoy every day of it.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Taco bell will get you Ronnie Coleman jacked, as that poster earlier explained, their macros are amazing, no PEDs no SOY, just pure american muscle in a burrito.

Ronnie Coleman never used steroids according to people posting earlier. Because no one uses them, ever.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Trevor Hale posted:

https://twitter.com/asthmalover/status/1345568493907787776?s=21

It’s this though. It’s a certain subset of people who think the virgin vs chad meme was just about the dude having muscles and not literally anything else. It’s also attributing morality to appearance (while conveniently ignoring the same transformations in white actors)

It’s also weird because he initially got jacked like two years ago and this is just a round of point and laugh at the dude with the jawline. So. All of this discourse is dumb and I regret googling any of it

Edit: and I typed too long and now we’re talking about Taco Bell, a much better topic of discussion

There's something super gross about people giving non-white actors poo poo for getting fit while treating white actors doing the same as just business as usual by never drawing attention to it.

Like, you never saw these people giving poo poo to Chris Pratt over it. At least, not in these numbers.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

oh this is a sad one. There is context to it, in the rejected parents thread. It is a sad context.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Exercising is traditional masculinity now?

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Heath posted:

Exercising is traditional masculinity now?

Yeah that tweet is definitely telling on itself in a bad way.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Self improvement in any way is Toxic. The only way to live is by fusing to your Gaming chair

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014

Do it ironically posted:

True, but he's definitely at least had hair plugs

A lot of work that celebrities get is a lot more subtle than Kumail's transformation.

MunchE
Sep 7, 2000

Seriously guys the whole "OMG Kumail is ripped now" thing was ages ago why the gently caress is anyone talking about it now

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Who tf is Kumail?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I'm just thinking, I haven't seen the latest season of Silicon Valley yet and that's got to be weird if they haven't written it into the script.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Incels not understanding how the acting industry works on even the most basic layman level is a good way to start the new year.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

MunchE posted:

Seriously guys the whole "OMG Kumail is ripped now" thing was ages ago why the gently caress is anyone talking about it now
Alt-right theater. Being deliberately behind the curve is kind-of the point.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

beepsandboops posted:

True, but he's definitely at least had hair plugs

Bad job on the facial hair plugs IMO.

field balm
Feb 5, 2012

As someone who works out and spends a bunch of time in the gym that dude is absolutely juicing. For people to try and say it's not and suggest that this kinda transformation is possible for anyone who tries for a couple of months is pretty dang toxic and terrible for the average persons body image. Hollywood should really be more upfront about the ped use imo, mainly so people realise this is not natural and not something to compare yourself with.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

mind the walrus posted:

Alt-right theater. Being deliberately behind the curve is kind-of the point.

Yeah he got ripped in 2019, it's mostly now chuds noticing it.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

field balm posted:

As someone who works out and spends a bunch of time in the gym that dude is absolutely juicing. For people to try and say it's not and suggest that this kinda transformation is possible for anyone who tries for a couple of months is pretty dang toxic and terrible for the average persons body image. Hollywood should really be more upfront about the ped use imo, mainly so people realise this is not natural and not something to compare yourself with.

Taken completely out of context, I can see this being a not-incorrect take to pull. But it sure does look like there's a completely different kind of toxicity in play and it's even more insidious than the media culture's body image issues.

E: I want to point out the irony of sleeveless expounding about the insincerity of the Twisted Tea video as some sort of manufactured propaganda, then he immediately busts in and starts posting actual, blatantly manufactured incel propaganda.

Runa has a new favorite as of 20:57 on Jan 3, 2021

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

With racist undertones no less!

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

field balm posted:

No one is saying he did this casually in a couple months, multiple people have acknowledged that achieving this kind of transformation takes tons of time, effort, personal trainers, personal chefs/nutritional advice, etc that normal people dont have access to, but it doesn't mean hes taking drugs. He's not a normal guy getting mysteriously jacked in 3mo

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

field balm posted:

As a quick question, are you "supposed" to use these sorts of things? I kept reading in various places online that "oh yeah, you need to get on the juice" and it kind of makes me worry that it's something I need to do if I want to look nice.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Next we're going to start discussing carrot top

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Josef bugman posted:

As a quick question, are you "supposed" to use these sorts of things? I kept reading in various places online that "oh yeah, you need to get on the juice" and it kind of makes me worry that it's something I need to do if I want to look nice.

No of course not. You don't need steroids to "look nice".

But generally these hollywood dudes go from "not looking so nice" to "dreamboat who both lost fat and gained muscle" in short periods of times while they're 40+ years old. That is almost entirely because of drug use

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Xarbala posted:

Taken completely out of context, I can see this being a not-incorrect take to pull. But it sure does look like there's a completely different kind of toxicity in play and it's even more insidious than the media culture's body image issues.

E: I want to point out the irony of sleeveless expounding about the insincerity of the Twisted Tea video as some sort of manufactured propaganda, then he immediately busts in and starts posting actual, blatantly manufactured incel propaganda.

It's also funny that it's been like 3 days and everybody has stopped giving a poo poo about the Twisted Tea video. I don't think I've seen a single mention of it all weekend.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Heath posted:

It's also funny that it's been like 3 days and everybody has stopped giving a poo poo about the Twisted Tea video. I don't think I've seen a single mention of it all weekend.

Its spotlight lasted longer than most videos showing assholes getting smacked, that's for sure. Usually those just sort of get filed away in a schad folder to get pulled out every so often when someone wants get on the front page of imgur.

Having an obnoxiously identifiable drink can as a weapon of choice sure did extent its lifespan.

field balm
Feb 5, 2012

Josef bugman posted:

No, you can absolutely look great natty. If you want to compare yourself/be compared to dudes in marvel movies, then yes, you 100% need to get on gear.

Zzulu posted:

No of course not. You don't need steroids to "look nice".

But generally these hollywood dudes go from "not looking so nice" to "dreamboat who both lost fat and gained muscle" in short periods of times while they're 40+ years old. That is almost entirely because of drug use

Yeah this.

Far be it I encourage anyone to go on 4chan but the fitness subforum there has a lot of discussion surrounding 'the natty limit' and multiple threads of people being very open and honest about ped use, once you learn about the tells and physiological effects it's hard not to notice continually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006