Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
numeracy
This poll is closed.
s*x n*mb*r 69 0.22%
w@@d n_mb_r 420 1.34%
Jeb! number 538 1.72%
Biden numbr 30330 96.72%
Total: 31357 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

fraud squad is up to some Good Trouble today! They started the important work today of confirming woke qween mama bear herself, no one raises money better than she does 👏👏

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/haleytalbotnbc/status/1345855219813543937?s=20

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

A PARTICULARLY GHOULISH SHITPOSTER FOR NEOLIBERLISM AND THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY

cenotaph posted:

Literally calling out the dems for the actually incredibly dangerous mistake of ceding populist momentum to the fascists but since someone put your brain in upside down you read it as an endorsement. What a loving moron, get the gently caress out already.

lol you're right i didnt parse that tweet correctly. i'm still not buying dore's shtick and am incredibly suspicious of ball, who is funded by her conservative co-host and whose show is literally red-brown theater and who says nice things about people like tucker carlson.

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

This thread has really reached new heights with the person who has spent countless posts concern trolling about splitting the left revealing themselves to be worried about a loving red-brown alliance coming out of a group with Cornel West's name attached. A magical moment we can all savor.

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Quetzadilla posted:

lol you're right i didnt parse that tweet correctly. i'm still not buying dore's shtick and am incredibly suspicious of ball, who is funded by her conservative co-host and whose show is literally red-brown theater and who says nice things about people like tucker carlson.

You should be suspicious of everyone in a position of power, including the justice Dems.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

cenotaph posted:

This thread has really reached new heights with the person who has spent countless posts concern trolling about splitting the left revealing themselves to be worried about a loving red-brown alliance coming out of a group with Cornel West's name attached. A magical moment we can all savor.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

spacemang_spliff posted:

no one thought forcing the vote was going to get us M4A

jesus christ lmao

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

cenotaph posted:

Like two days rofl loving solid 48 hours

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

A PARTICULARLY GHOULISH SHITPOSTER FOR NEOLIBERLISM AND THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY

PhilippAchtel posted:

You should be suspicious of everyone in a position of power, including the justice Dems.

i am!

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
https://twitter.com/thoreau_devotee/status/1345861836537790466

Kapil Khetan
@thoreau_devotee
Teacher; financial markets; for USA, India and Israel; music is just love looking for words (L Durrell); shut down
@FoxNews
to save America

lmfao

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

spacemang_spliff posted:

going to lmao when AOC's seat is gerrymandered away

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

cenotaph posted:

yes but Angry Man Bad

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

cenotaph posted:

well Cornel West is a “wrecker” since he voted for Biden :v:

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
going to be funny when nothing actually happens to aoc and this thread keeps malding out of control

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

spacetoaster posted:

Well, at least we know who's who now.

Fraud squad.

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Crazypoops posted:

All the DSA organizing amounted to absolutely nothing lol lmao

Hahahaha

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

spacemang_spliff posted:

going to lmao when AOC's seat is gerrymandered away

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Chris James 2 posted:

How was your Biden vote, bitch

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

cenotaph posted:

Cornell West is friends with Bob Avakian, and the RCP supports the fascist Hong Kong protest movement

So concerns about a "red"-brown are legit on that front

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Cerebral Bore posted:

is there some dumbass factory cranking out disingenuous libs who all keep ascribing opinions to people and then clumsily trying to refute them or something?

yes its called america

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

tremendously pathetic lol. incredible

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/ArletteSaenz/status/1345861540663205899?s=20

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
lol the past week of people really mad when politicians are criticized

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Atrocious Joe posted:

Cornell West is friends with Bob Avakian, and the RCP supports the fascist Hong Kong protest movement

So concerns about a "red"-brown are legit on that front

West is also friends with Pete Buttigieg pretty sus

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Crazypoops posted:

Hahahahahahaha

Faaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiled state

can a failed state do this?

didnt think so

:smug:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Here's a palate-cleansing bad take

Today's runner-up Twitter MC was someone who had a blistering hot take about the Height Discourse (not politics-adjacent tho); someone found this take in her history

https://twitter.com/EvelKneidel/status/1345852926133207044

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

stronk country

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
What happened? The squad didn't vote for Pelosi and then did?

Be interested to know if they got any concession between those votes.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Crazypoops posted:

Like two days rofl loving solid 48 hours

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Good thing we're standing up to fascists and their glorification of an imperials military

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

Look folks we just have to organize better. Let's start with getting everyone in the caucus to vote the same way.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

USA #1

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Rah! posted:

can a failed state do this?

didnt think so

:smug:

I've seen North Korea's dance demonstrations. They're wayyyyyyyyyy better

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

PostNouveau posted:

I've seen North Korea's dance demonstrations. They're wayyyyyyyyyy better

https://i.imgur.com/sLSj7Qx.mp4

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

aoc a cop

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

The REAL Goobusters posted:

going to be funny when nothing actually happens to aoc and this thread keeps malding out of control

the Inauguration is less than three weeks away

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Trabisnikof posted:

well Cornel West is a “wrecker” since he voted for Biden :v:

Trabisnikof posted:

West is also friends with Pete Buttigieg pretty sus

lol :trumppop: cornell noooo

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

PostNouveau posted:

What happened? The squad didn't vote for Pelosi and then did?

Be interested to know if they got any concession between those votes.

They didn't.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

cornell western values :heritage:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

eSports Chaebol posted:

I mean of course yelling online doesn't do anything. Does this mean I should advocate for fascism online, and you shouldn't criticize me, because after all my words aren't forcing castor oil down anyone's throat? We just want you to stop importing your own personal succ into the succ thread.

when someone says "don't yell online it won't do anything," the (implicit) alternatives they're suggesting are like: call your representqtives, organize with either local orgs or local chapters of national orgs to flood their office with complaints and visitors, preferably IRL, etc.

i have no idea why you even asked the question of whether to advocate for non-leftist beliefs online, let alone fascism

Finicums Wake has issued a correction as of 23:53 on Jan 3, 2021