Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

dorium posted:

out of 10 exclusive, hand numbered gangtags*.

*second pressing coming in blue, out of ten again.

This is beautiful, but I think should come in different swirl variants with different numbers, like 1/1

You know, to increase rarity

Should the tag be split over two tags so we can increase the price? For fidelity of the music of course

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

dorium posted:

Are you loving serious? These gang tags are already going for over 200 dollars on ebay.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

CPL593H posted:

Is there additional material or is it just the original album spread across two discs. I didn't hear about this release at all.

If memory serves, the original CD has all the music that was recorded at the session, and trims out only a few minor bits of banter, so this is almost certainly just the original album.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

dorium posted:

Save a few for replacements, even if it means the number you get is 11/10

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

hexwren posted:

If memory serves, the original CD has all the music that was recorded at the session, and trims out only a few minor bits of banter, so this is almost certainly just the original album.

I forgot about the miracles or technology and also prefer banter. Anyway it's the original LP with five bonus tracks that are from the rehearsal. They're all songs that appeared on the TV special/album.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

CPL593H posted:

Are you loving serious? These gang tags are already going for over 200 dollars on ebay.

a third pressing is on its way.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

CPL593H posted:

I forgot about the miracles or technology and also prefer banter. Anyway it's the original LP with five bonus tracks that are from the rehearsal. They're all songs that appeared on the TV special/album.

I stand corrected. And, yeah, I like banter as well---I'm just remembering there's a section that may or may not be on the commercial dvd but was on the .avi I legally acquired years ago where they stop for a few minutes and take a retuning/tv-equipment-checking break that I wouldn't see them putting on an audio-only version of the album.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

hexwren posted:

I stand corrected. And, yeah, I like banter as well---I'm just remembering there's a section that may or may not be on the commercial dvd but was on the .avi I legally acquired years ago where they stop for a few minutes and take a retuning/tv-equipment-checking break that I wouldn't see them putting on an audio-only version of the album.

I think having the banter is an important part of the work because Cobain's personality being on display is a big reason Unplugged is so memorable. He was a very charming figure and it's not hard to see why people liked him so much.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

It really was, and in that case, I suggest you give the home video a look, because there was definitely some unreleased banter in there.

I didn't really get into pop music (thanks, parents) until a little while after this, so even though I was around the whole time Nirvana did their thing, it wasn't until, like, 1995-6 that I actually Got It. And, really, that may have been worse than not being there at all?

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

hexwren posted:

It really was, and in that case, I suggest you give the home video a look, because there was definitely some unreleased banter in there.

I didn't really get into pop music (thanks, parents) until a little while after this, so even though I was around the whole time Nirvana did their thing, it wasn't until, like, 1995-6 that I actually Got It. And, really, that may have been worse than not being there at all?

I was about seven or eight years old when the TV special was on but I remember it well because it was a huge deal at the time. Plus it was shortly before Kurt Cobain died so I'm pretty sure MTV reran it several times. I vividly remember when In Utero came out and my mom took us to the mall so my brother could get it. Anyway we're on the way home and he pops the tape in and my mother just was kind of half ignoring these new fangled bands the kids are into. And then Rape Me comes on and she was instantly horrified and freaking the gently caress out. Needless to say we didn't listen to the rest of the album on the way home. Oddly though, she didn't end up taking it away from him. Or maybe she did and he just quietly took it back or had a friend get him another one. I really can't remember. I didn't know what rape was when the album came out but I still vividly remember that and my mom's reaction to the whole thing is still funny to me.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

MTV basically ran Unplugged in a 24-hour loop when Kurt Cobain died, interspersed with occasional news updates.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Gang tag: “SIT AND SPIN”

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!

CPL593H posted:

I love it.

Is there additional material or is it just the original album spread across two discs. I didn't hear about this release at all.

There are five rehearsal songs on side (D?)

Come As You Are
Polly
Plateau
Pennyroyal Tea
The Man Who Sold the World

Got to pay a premium for the special edition colored vinyls though.

Edit....looks like the question was already answered.

RestingB1tchFace fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Jan 3, 2021

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Gang tag: Herbie's Homies

You fools, you buffoons

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

My favorite so far is the Herb Alpert one.

RestingB1tchFace posted:

Got to pay a premium for the special edition colored vinyls though.

:frogsiren:

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

Here is something I whipped up.

Just a dumb idea. Not sure if I like the font or the wording. Someone come up with something better!

marjorie
May 4, 2014

sporklift posted:

:dadjoke:

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Only one person is good at stage banter.

caligulamprey fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Jan 3, 2021

Fors Yard
Feb 15, 2008

Aside from getting shot in the head, David, what have you done with yourself?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vu5Bk63AcU4

This is my favorite banter but the humor is also all their songs edited to basically just be first and last notes of each song

ALRIGHT

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

i was surprised that this isnt a link to the most important thing ever uploaded to soundcloud

https://soundcloud.com/christopher-armes/45-minutes-of-paul-stanley

id buy a vinyl of this, tbh. ideally in picture disk form

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat
So for the 3rd year in a row having got exactly none of the vinyl related things I suggested to people as christmas gifts, I was forced to take matters into my own hands

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Banano posted:

So for the 3rd year in a row having got exactly none of the vinyl related things I suggested to people as christmas gifts, I was forced to take matters into my own hands

I should really get Enter the Magical Mystery Chambers. Such a well done mashup.

Edit....where did you get it? Looks like I can buy it from Europe....which I'd prefer not to do.

RestingB1tchFace fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Jan 3, 2021

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat
A UK Discogs seller. I’m in the UK (as is Tom Caruana) and it’s a naughty disc so I doubt there’d be any in the US that weren’t imported privately. I was surprised it hadn’t been blocked by discogs tbh

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Banano posted:

A UK Discogs seller. I’m in the UK (as is Tom Caruana) and it’s a naughty disc so I doubt there’d be any in the US that weren’t imported privately. I was surprised it hadn’t been blocked by discogs tbh

Ah. I kind of figured that might be the issue. Oh well. Quality pressing though? I might be willing to pay the cost as long as the pressing was done well.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Some day I want to get this record, along with the A-TOM-IC Jones record someone posted about long ago. 1969/70 album covers are wild, man.

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

What have I become, my Swedish friend?

I have like two random versions of The Planets but would gladly get a third for that cover.

marjorie
May 4, 2014

Well that was a creepy coincidence

Agreed that that cover is great, though.

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat
Yeah It's nice thick, flat vinyl and sounds good.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

MrSargent posted:

I think there are some MF DOOM fans in here and I just saw this deal posted. I don't have this album yet and it will be cool to get the limited red pressing.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/232737742085

This quoted post from 2018 was for King Geedorah on red vinyl for about :20bux:

Hope y'all were like me and jumped on that when you did, because the current cheapest listing for it on discogs is over $200. I'm pretty sure before last week it was going for about $40.

poo poo's wild, man. I'm still extremely sad about DOOM's death, but man if there aren't a few barely-touched things in my collection that I could flip for some easy cash right now...

Nightmare Cinema
Apr 4, 2020

no.

sporklift posted:

Have you tried messing with the pitch control? Otherwise you might have to open it up and clean the pots? I dunno about getting in the guts but googling "direct drive turntable slow" yielded some results you might try out

Fixed! Just had to spray some WD-40 into a couple holes under the plate and realign the pitch.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

wa27 posted:

Some day I want to get this record, along with the A-TOM-IC Jones record someone posted about long ago. 1969/70 album covers are wild, man.

I don't care what's on that record or how good it is, there's no way that the contents are as good as that cover. Most things on Earth are not as good as that cover.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Ballz posted:

This quoted post from 2018 was for King Geedorah on red vinyl for about :20bux:

Hope y'all were like me and jumped on that when you did, because the current cheapest listing for it on discogs is over $200. I'm pretty sure before last week it was going for about $40.

poo poo's wild, man. I'm still extremely sad about DOOM's death, but man if there aren't a few barely-touched things in my collection that I could flip for some easy cash right now...

I have an unopened copy of madvillany i suppose I could sell.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Happens every time someone dies. It's lovely and stupid and things will inevitably get repressed

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I have a bunch of download codes I'll never use. Here are the titles. PM me if you want some. They might work, they might now work but it's worth a try. I guess maybe two or three per person or something and then if there aren't any more takers I'll give you more codes. These be the titles:

The White Stripes:
s/t
De Stijl
White Blood Cells

John Carpenter:
Lost Themes
Lost Themes II

David Bowie:
Blackstar

Black Sabbath:

Flight of the Conchords:
Pencils in the Wind/Albi the Racist Dragon

Son House:
Oberlin College, April 15, 1965

Joyful Noise sampler

Ezra Furman:
Transangelic Exodus

Eno/Cale:
Wrong Way Up

Two that I have no idea what they are but one of them might be In Utero

edit: If it's not crossed out nobody asked for it yet.

CPL593H fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Jan 4, 2021

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Has anyone else been encountering more and more Discogs sales listings that are in the United States but grayed out, with the listing labeled as "Unavailable in the United States"? Or did I accidentally mess something up in my profile?

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

Ballz posted:

Has anyone else been encountering more and more Discogs sales listings that are in the United States but grayed out, with the listing labeled as "Unavailable in the United States"? Or did I accidentally mess something up in my profile?

Nah I see it too. I figure it's a combination of COVID and the mess the USPS is right now.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Ballz posted:

I see that a bunch. I'm thinking it could be poo poo that already sold or is in pending.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

CPL593H posted:

I don't care what's on that record or how good it is, there's no way that the contents are as good as that cover. Most things on Earth are not as good as that cover.

You aint wrong. It's so good.

Banano posted:

Love the art on that Mariah one.

hexwren posted:

This is good to know. Missing the banter on it would be awful.

I got a sealed Euro Nevermind for Christmas, and discogs has it cheap, I still feel bad opening it.

EL BROMANCE posted:

If there’s a gang tag made that doesn’t say Crosley Crew on it, well I just don’t know...

GATEFOLD GANG

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

sporklift posted:

Just a dumb idea. Not sure if I like the font or the wording. Someone come up with something better!

Tijuana Brahs :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Ballz posted:

I've reached out to a few of those and its mostly that they're just not going out to the post office right now so they've shuttered their stores until covid/shipping has calmed down.