Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

Within walking distance of me:

Sell Land Rover’s and all parts,, enough parts to rebuild,,, if interested please call me for more details @ [hidden information]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
I like the pickup door is out of alignment on the top and the bottom like a banana.

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

"Here's a big, beautiful avatar for someone"

A turbo Harley ? Is that rare ? The heat coming off that thing, and keeping traction , have to suck

Dr.Caligari fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Dec 31, 2020

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Dr.Caligari posted:

keeping traction

I wouldn't worry about that too much, the turbo probably brings it up to a whopping 60hp.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Going by the damage listed, Layer Dan strikes again.

Turbo kits on harleys are not exactly rare, but like ^^ says, the motors are pretty anemic to begin with. Putting a turbo on it is like putting forced induction on your B&S lawnmower. You can... but why. Actually, a Turbo on a lawnmower might make more sense.

Shamino
Mar 14, 2008

I am weary of loitering about Britain. There is much we could be accomplishing! Where hast thou been, anyway?

StormDrain posted:

I like the pickup door is out of alignment on the top and the bottom like a banana.

It probably came that way from the factory.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

StormDrain posted:

Shamino posted:

It probably came that way from the factory.

Didn't realize that Tesla Cybertruck had a prototype

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Still love the truck though.

NoWake
Dec 28, 2008

College Slice

Only an hour away. I don't need it but drat, I kinda want it. If it has 3 pedals I might just end up taking it home.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Five speeds and five cylinders, what more can you ask for?

i own every Bionicle
Oct 23, 2005

cstm ttle? kthxbye
A normal car being sold by a friendly gentleman:

https://boston.craigslist.org/nos/cto/d/byfield-2005-manual-audi-allroad-rs/7256336735.html

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

NoWake posted:

Only an hour away. I don't need it but drat, I kinda want it. If it has 3 pedals I might just end up taking it home.

Try to find out if they've done any diagnosis. Misfire doesn't necessarily mean an easy, worn ignition parts related issue.

Personally, I'd want to test compression unless the price is so good it's worth fixing HG/valve/rings/engine swap to you. Unfortunately something I found out from experience.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

i own every Bionicle posted:

A normal car being sold by a friendly gentleman:

I bet he's a blast at parties.

dk2m
May 6, 2009

who would marry such an insane creature. this is like if the navy seal copypasta guy sold his car on craigslist

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
Did they sell a C5 A6 Allroad in America with a manual? If not then this thing is converted to a manual?

i own every Bionicle
Oct 23, 2005

cstm ttle? kthxbye

Throatwarbler posted:

Did they sell a C5 A6 Allroad in America with a manual? If not then this thing is converted to a manual?

If you read the rear end in a top hat’s tome of a description the driveline was swapped in from a RS4.

Now that I think about a S4, timing chain guides and all, would probably be less of a headache since at least that whole car is documented in one place

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

i own every Bionicle posted:

If you read the rear end in a top hat’s tome of a description the driveline was swapped in from a RS4.

Now that I think about a S4, timing chain guides and all, would probably be less of a headache since at least that whole car is documented in one place

Yes I got that, but if the original car was an auto then they would have had to add a clutch and convert the interior too which is uh

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Throatwarbler posted:

Yes I got that, but if the original car was an auto then they would have had to add a clutch and convert the interior too which is uh
I’m 99% sure you could get the original Allroad in manual in North America but it’s extremely rare to find one because almost no one bought them.

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

Is it bad that I got as far as the insistence on cash before wanting to notify the IRS that this man is a big time tax cheat

i own every Bionicle
Oct 23, 2005

cstm ttle? kthxbye

Throatwarbler posted:

I did a quick google and there are a bunch of kits and guides out there to convert to stick. I wouldn’t be surprised if it was swapped but who knows.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Nebakenezzer posted:

Is it bad that I got as far as the insistence on cash before wanting to notify the IRS that this man is a big time tax cheat

yeah probably. There's nothing wrong with wanting to do a cash deal and no idea why that sets off tax flags for you.

Steve French
Sep 8, 2003

Throatwarbler posted:

Yes. Yes.

Throatwarbler posted:

Yes.

They did sell manual allroads, I spent some time looking for a good example years ago and failed (but did find some). I *think* it was available with the 2.7TT 6, but not the 4.2L V8.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
I got about halfway reading through that and they swapped in the RS4 manual because it has "so much better ratios" than the Allroad OEM manual.

i own every Bionicle
Oct 23, 2005

cstm ttle? kthxbye
There is actually a (original) manual Allroad for sale on Carsandbids right now. There have been a few on BaT as well.

Nohearum
Nov 2, 2013
I'm going to label all my cars as MILF owned in future ads.

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^
A guy who says he's pushing 40 and he claims to like SAABs?

My guess he looks something like this irl:

Hermsgervørden
Apr 23, 2004
Møøse Trainer
From the folks who brought you the U2 spy plane and the SR-71 Blackbird:

DRAGON WAGON

I see this posted every once in a while on the heavy machinery section of bay area craigslist. It's been for sale since at least 2018.

If I didn't want to remain married I may have bought it and a little plot of land somewhere to park it. It's maybe the only truck I have ever wanted.

There is a youtube video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oz_faXYIItk

i own every Bionicle
Oct 23, 2005

cstm ttle? kthxbye
Me: Mom can we have a Sherp

Mom: We have sherp at home

Sherp at home:

Hermsgervørden posted:

From the folks who brought you the U2 spy plane and the SR-71 Blackbird:

DRAGON WAGON

I see this posted every once in a while on the heavy machinery section of bay area craigslist. It's been for sale since at least 2018.

If I didn't want to remain married I may have bought it and a little plot of land somewhere to park it. It's maybe the only truck I have ever wanted.

There is a youtube video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oz_faXYIItk

Steely Dad
Jul 29, 2006

That thing owns and my 4-year-old son is trying to talk me into buying it.

boxen
Feb 20, 2011
That truck (?) is amazing, but someone blew so much smoke up his rear end about it I'm surprised he doesn't float away.
I guess he's trying to sell it for a Craigslist ad, though, so he's probably about par as far as truthiness goes.

MrOnBicycle
Jan 18, 2008
Wait wat?

Steely Dad posted:

That thing owns and my 4-year-old son is trying to talk me into buying it.

Your 4-year old son is 100% correct and you should obviously buy it.

Senor P.
Mar 27, 2006
I MUST TELL YOU HOW PEOPLE CARE ABOUT STUFF I DONT AND BE A COMPLETE CUNT ABOUT IT
I'm tempted to go look at this, this weekend.

Possibly a decent truck?
https://lexington.craigslist.org/cto/d/bush-2005-chevrolet-silverado-2500/7245783590.html

Pros:
-4x4
-6.5 ft bed
-No 5th wheel hitch
-6.0 liter

Cons:
-4 speed
-Not a crew cab
-150k miles, may need transmission rebuilt...
-Cigarette stains
-High price compared to KBB.

TBD:
-Rust
-How does the transmission shifts
-Price

I'm leaning towards one of the 6.0 liters as they seem to have a nicer transmission than the quarter ton variants. I mainly want it for remodeling my house as well as for moving cars around and just being able to get bigger car parts and such.

Senor P. fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Jan 6, 2021

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

I'd definitely try to at least get a 6.0 if you want to pull a car trailer and haul heavy poo poo regularly. 2500 also gets you the heavier bits to help with hauling. If you can find an 8.1, that came with the Allison 1000 transmission which is basically bulletproof unless abused. Also, unless you really need 4wd, it's a lot more crap to break, and leak, and it's in the way (like if you need to drop the oil pan)

I think their asking price is a little high, but truck prices are kinda silly from what I've seen, so maybe that's about right I dunno.

Nice truck if you can deal with a single cab

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Senor P. posted:

I'm tempted to go look at this, this weekend.

Possibly a decent truck?
https://lexington.craigslist.org/cto/d/bush-2005-chevrolet-silverado-2500/7245783590.html

Jerk

Other jerk

Mustache Ride fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Jan 6, 2021

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/2336954869781548/

🤔

2000 MY brown Saturn wagon with only 43,000 miles for $1900.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Well, I've seen worse for more... So there's that.

i own every Bionicle
Oct 23, 2005

cstm ttle? kthxbye
It probably sat for a while so who knows how the seals and other moving stuff are. With that said, those were actually pretty good cars and that’s the better engine.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

MrOnBicycle posted:

Your 4-year old son is 100% correct and you should obviously buy it.

It looks like it is missing some pretty important and not fabricatable parts. I think his son should start saving for a 50 acre lot so he can start storing all his projects.

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

1991 Plymouth Plymouth Laser

$1,500

1991 Plymouth laser car is in absolutely amazing shape and only needs a headlight bulb for inspection!! Car needs a sensor for the transmission car starts first flick of the key, the cars 98% original and was never winter driven well worth having a look at if not sold in 2 weeks Im keeping her message me if interested SERIOUS INQUIRIES ONLY DO NOT WASTE MY TIME!!

Note that these three images I rotated and focused to post on this comedy web forum, originals are quoted below

quote:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

That pinstripe / text is dope tho