Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!
A small OSHA story occurred today at work when a coworker complained about one of our stock pickers not working. I ask what's wrong with it, he complains that it won't go up. I think I know where this is going, and I ask him where he was trying to use it, and he tells me it's in the rear stock yard, where the ground has settled, leaving precipitous dips and rises in the tiling.

I inform him that it's for his own sake, since the stock pickers and lifts won't go up if they detect that they're on a grade of sufficient angle that there might be a tipping hazard.

His response to this is: "Gee, I wish we could bypass that, it would make them so much easier to use."

I had to spend a bit explaining to him that the safety features are there to avoid him dying a miserable death crushed under a stock picker while trying to fetch snow shovels from a high shelf. Considering this was the guy who got so drunk he gave himself third-degree burns by sitting around heating random metal objects with a lighter and pressing them against his leg, I'm not sure how much of it actually got through to him, but I hope more than a little.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

my kinda ape posted:

So that guy definitely died right?

It looks like it pushes the cab over first then slides through the non-person part of the cab.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

my kinda ape posted:

Nah it looks like it flipped the whole cab over not sliced it in two.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

my kinda ape posted:

https://jalopnik.com/this-terrifying-video-of-a-truck-can-being-sliced-off-i-1845902483

quote:

First, I should say that, incredibly, the driver of the truck is okay

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

BallerBallerDillz
Jun 11, 2009

Cock, Rules, Everything, Around, Me
Scratchmo
https://twitter.com/ethnicohioan/status/1345822018290274306?s=19

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

PurpleXVI posted:

I had to spend a bit explaining to him that the safety features are there to avoid him dying a miserable death crushed under a stock picker while trying to fetch snow shovels from a high shelf. Considering this was the guy who got so drunk he gave himself third-degree burns by sitting around heating random metal objects with a lighter and pressing them against his leg, I'm not sure how much of it actually got through to him, but I hope more than a little.

Some people, you just can't reach 'em.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib

ultrafilter posted:

At best, the security cameras can. For posterity.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
...how did whatever he was trying to reach get up there if the stock picker doesn’t work in that position

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

would be better if it was weed.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

ultrafilter posted:

You would be able to reach 'em if you just bypassed the safety, you coward.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

haveblue posted:

...how did whatever he was trying to reach get up there if the stock picker doesn’t work in that position

I'm guessing it was placed there when the floor was settled differently.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

When I was a kid I went to the science center and saw a documentary about climbing Mt. Everest, and afterwards my dad pointed out that in the final scene where the central guy raggedly, triumphantly claws his way up to the summit with an ice axe and oxygen mask, they had to have a sherpa already up there chilling out with an 80 pound IMAX rig on his shoulders.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Sagebrush posted:

When I was a kid I went to the science center and saw a documentary about climbing Mt. Everest, and afterwards my dad pointed out that in the final scene where the central guy raggedly, triumphantly claws his way up to the summit with an ice axe and oxygen mask, they had to have a sherpa already up there chilling out with an 80 pound IMAX rig on his shoulders.

That's why I don't give a poo poo about Everest. Yeah, you pay a lot to climb it, but the sherpa are climbing it several times to bring up supplies and set the ropes so you can go up once and take a picture.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Black Friday footage. They're fighting over a tv.

The Real Amethyst posted:

Showing the scale of the landslide in Norway that destroyed entire neighborhoods.
So far they've found little or nobody alive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTDw8PLo_5U

What the poo poo do they do after this? Do they just shore up the edges of the new valley and call it a day? That would be like a poo poo load of fill to try and fill that back in. Not to mention costing hundreds of millions, or billions of dollars to do.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

wesleywillis posted:

What the poo poo do they do after this?

Redraw property lines and change the numbers on the population sign.

And anyone living close to the new city limit usually moves if they are under the age of 65 and its not family property.

EoRaptor
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Sagebrush posted:

Every BBC archaeology documentary ever:
"And now, Dr Everston will descend into this recently discovered cavern, the first human to do so in thousands of years"
<cut to shot from the interior of the cavern of Dr Everston half halfheartedly moving some rocks to allow light in and then scrambling down into the cavern>

Stingwing
Mar 26, 2010

Thank you Mr President for Making America Great Again! USA #1! I shouldn't have to understand other cultures, I'm a god damn American hero.

Cojawfee posted:

That's why I don't give a poo poo about Everest. Yeah, you pay a lot to climb it, but the sherpa are climbing it several times to bring up supplies and set the ropes so you can go up once and take a picture.

They should just dig a railway tunnel to the top of Everest, kind of like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSjEGitwag8

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

haveblue posted:

In an area with lots of little dips and bumps, you can still level out the lift if you reposition yourself.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

that's a screwdriver in his left hand and no one can convince me otherwise

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

This is the dumbest incident since Herbie Goes Bananas was in theaters.

Platystemon fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Jan 4, 2021

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

https://i.imgur.com/nR5W9OR.mp4

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Stingwing posted:

They should just dig a railway tunnel to the top of Everest, kind of like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSjEGitwag8

I've been there. The view is amazing. On the way up the train stops at a few stations and you can get out to look through windows cut into the Eiger. From the windows you can see lines left by climbers going up the face of the mountain.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxfZSEboVM4

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Green chin gonna sit up there next to green boots.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
I think they kicked green boots off his ledge

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

RandomBlue posted:

Green chin gonna sit up there next to green boots.

green boots is on Everest

K2 just wants to kill you.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Wasabi the J posted:

I think they kicked green boots off his ledge

"how was Everest?"

"well, it was a really mild season, so we spent some time cleaning up while we were there!"

"oh good on you, cleaning up old oxygen bottles and stuff?"

"...yeah, oxygen bottles, and ... stuff"

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I'm kinda surprised a cigarette even burns at that height.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

I shot an arrow in the air,
Down it came
Along with the local grid

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
'Totally meant to do that."

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Down it came

drat natives, first thems stopped th' oil line. Now they wanna cut th' 'lectricity as well!! :arghfist::clint:

Nenonen fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Jan 4, 2021

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Memento posted:

"how was Everest?"

"well, it was a really mild season, so we spent some time cleaning up while we were there!"

"oh good on you, cleaning up old oxygen bottles and stuff?"

"...yeah, oxygen bottles, and ... stuff"

I should not be laughing at this but I guess the old adage of "gently caress around and find out" applies here.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Down it came

oh are they already starting the American Woman at War remake?

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Down it came

powerline took an arrow to the knee

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

LifeSunDeath posted: