Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!
I see a lot of people acting like Fischl is just a support but she's not. Her basic attack string has almost as much DPS as Diluc and Razor, she's absolutely designed to be a carry if you want to use her that way. The main issue she has is that she's split physical/electro damage but you can just gear her for atk/crit/critdmg and she works fine as a carry especially past C1 with Rust.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Some Numbers posted:

I'm running a ton of HP% on Bennett, because Atk and Dmg stats don't do as much for his as a support, while HP boosts his healing.

i've had him built mostly for DPS so that's probably why. but yeah looking at him on the sheet, aside from the unnecessary rec for healing% you'd just see he wants ER/HP/HP. so it does seem usable for determining the finer details of a build with a bit of looking into how artifact stats work.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Fischl's got the best values on her uncharged shot combo, even above Childe. And given Ganyu will be charge shot centric I bet Fischl will beat her out too. Combined with the constellations that add bonus Oz shots yeah she'll be really great with investment. The big drawback to her is that she's really only doing single target DPS.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
yes but have you considered that uncharged bow spam feels like crap to use regardless of how good the DPS is

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

yes but have you considered that uncharged bow spam feels like crap to use regardless of how good the DPS is

Depends on the player, I find it fun as hell to machine-gun spam.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Also Fischl does noble woman laughs after combos.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Having Oz floating there doubling the amount of numbers you're sending out makes bow spam feel way more satisfying just by itself.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Also Fischl does noble woman laughs after combos.

Which you promptly skip by double tapping the r to maximize damage

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

I see a lot of people acting like Fischl is just a support but she's not. Her basic attack string has almost as much DPS as Diluc and Razor, she's absolutely designed to be a carry if you want to use her that way. The main issue she has is that she's split physical/electro damage but you can just gear her for atk/crit/critdmg and she works fine as a carry especially past C1 with Rust.

The main issue is that most combat situations involve more than 1 enemy and claymore is just a better weapon for that. And Diluc is pyro in an element that he's allowed to crit on reactions.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

I see a lot of people acting like Fischl is just a support but she's not.

She can be a carry, just like Xiangling, but if you have better options then she's a really, really good support.

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

Taikuri posted:

Tried to melt Cryogunner Fatui backed up to a wall with Klee burst.

EVERY SINGLE ONE hit a torch in the opposite direction, about twice as far from as the fatui was. I was literally hugging the guy.

Is it really that hard to program different target priorities for objects? Honorable mention goes to cooking pots, and sometimes fences that are right next to my target.

This is my biggest gripe with the game. You can make an auto-targeting system which takes my right-stick input as a suggestion to as to what I'm aiming at. Genshin just says "Aiming at that Fatui? That's cute. But I know what you REALLY want to attack is that fly that is slightly closer to you."

Mailer posted:

She can be a carry, just like Xiangling, but if you have better options then she's a really, really good support.

Yeah, you should really have at least two characters on a team who are just there to activate a skill and go away. Which is why I almost always have at least 2 of Babs/Fishl/Xiangling.

The Atomic Man-Boy fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Jan 4, 2021

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

I use her as my second group DPS for the split Spiral Abyss. Her single target dps is decent, but it practice it feels like there are things that don't translate as well in-game compared to a straight math calculation that make her somewhat worse. One thing is that when auto-attacking you don't have the same level of control on what target you are going after. Another is that a claymore user can hit multiple mobs with a single attack, while a bow user cannot. Also, it does not seem like there is much knockback on her arrows, where if an abyss mage starts shielding up she cannot block it very well, while a claymore user can fairly easily knock them off their feet. As mentioned, I use her as a dps at times and she is fine at finishing off weekly bosses if a melee dps dies and I don't want to waste a steak, but it does feel like the overall low "impact" of her hits factors in on some enemies.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Reason 1 why Bow dps is thwarted: Electro/Cryo mages

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Tae posted:

The main issue is that most combat situations involve more than 1 enemy and claymore is just a better weapon for that. And Diluc is pyro in an element that he's allowed to crit on reactions.

Yes, Diluc is a better carry. Razor arguably too though Razor's AoE damage is negligible since he's all about physical and most of his wider hitting AoE is electro based, Razor is mostly better because his basic combo puts out the highest DPS in the game and he self buffs his attacks like crazy.

IME most of the time the AoE on claymores doesn't matter that much, almost all AoE ends up coming from ults and skills that explicitly hit a wide area like Diluc's ult.

Ibblebibble posted:

Depends on the player, I find it fun as hell to machine-gun spam.

This.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

Yes, Diluc is a better carry. Razor arguably too though Razor's AoE damage is negligible since he's all about physical and most of his wider hitting AoE is electro based, Razor is mostly better because his basic combo puts out the highest DPS in the game and he self buffs his attacks like crazy.

IME most of the time the AoE on claymores doesn't matter that much, almost all AoE ends up coming from ults and skills that explicitly hit a wide area like Diluc's ult.

This.

I have a Sucrose in my party a lot and she's real good at pulling enemies together so I can smack 2-4 badguys at once with my claymore.

Without some kind of grouping character it's hard to take advantage of the AOE though. The best you can get is using overload knockback to push enemies towards each other / into corners.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Meanwhile I'm still tempted to toy around with artifact sets to see if I could make Albedo more of a DPS than a support. I think it mostly just comes down to swapping 2pc Defenders for 2pc Gladiator or Noblesse and going for a 4/5* damage focused sword in place of Harbinger of Dawn to balance out the damage between E and Burst. Because yes I'm the crazy bastard that would want to try to turn C0 Albedo into a main DPS.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
Noelle is very good at Claymore AoE, but of course her sword is three times longer than anyone else's.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Even when her ult's not up, I've never had any trouble hitting at least two enemies at once with a claymore.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

dogsicle posted:

i've had him built mostly for DPS so that's probably why. but yeah looking at him on the sheet, aside from the unnecessary rec for healing% you'd just see he wants ER/HP/HP. so it does seem usable for determining the finer details of a build with a bit of looking into how artifact stats work.

I actually took ER sands off him for more HP, because I got him to 180 ER without it, which is more than enough to Burst basically whenever I want.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

dogsicle posted:

I don't understand why you'd want a second HP artifact over heal% if you're trying to minmax his healing anyways.
If you're just using benett as a healbot like that he's not gonna be on the field enough for tankiness to really matter -- you just tap E or Q and then switch out again ASAP.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

hp being easier to get than heal% would be the main reason. he heals well enough that i wouldn't bother going after heal% when hp mains would do

the better case is probably for ER/pyro/hp

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

You should not give Albedo an ATK% hourglass unless you're trying to do some main-dps auto-attack-damage shenanigans.
His transient blossoms have 0% attack scaling. They ONLY get damage from defence (and crit, and geo damage).
You want a Geo cup, Def hourglass, and Crit/Def circlet. With the 3* Harbinger of Dawn sword, ideally.

dogsicle posted:

there's not really a need to get that specific when following a list of prioritized stats will basically dictates the build. a character wanting ele%/phys% means their cup slot is spoken for. wanting crit stats means that's the hat they run. any other stat like atk/def/hp/EM/ER would go in their sands slot, and then you also try to get everything from that list in your substats on all the pieces. some stats can be doubled up on, offhand i can only think of like Diona running hp cup/hat or Sucrose running EM cup/hat etc. but based on their lists in this sheet you could arrive at that conclusion.

so like Albedo lists geo/def/crit/ER, this means you build him def%/geo%/crit or def. he actually doesn't run mainstat atk, but i wouldn't turn down atk% subs on a good piece since they will boost his burst damage.

I'm glad people jumped in to offer some advice because that's the exact kinda stuff I was looking for. That and things like specific numbers to aim for, like what was it, 200 EM on Bennet or was that ER? Obviously you want over 1000 atk by 60 but an idea of how high to aim for per WL would be nice.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

RareAcumen posted:

I'm glad people jumped in to offer some advice because that's the exact kinda stuff I was looking for. That and things like specific numbers to aim for, like what was it, 200 EM on Bennet or was that ER? Obviously you want over 1000 atk by 60 but an idea of how high to aim for per WL would be nice.

200% ER for Benny if you want the max uptime on ult, anything over that is considered superfluous but won't kill you to have

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Is Bennett's burst up on cooldown consistently? If yes, you have enough ER. If no, you need more.

The exact numbers depend on team comp

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

RareAcumen posted:

Energy Recharge is the only stat that really has magic-number breakpoints.
For example, if you use Bennett as a main DPS, 175 ER is (apparently) the threshold where, you can mash E on cooldown and, from Benett alone, you'll generate enough energy to use your burst again the second it's available. If you use Bennett as a support for a non-fire team you'll probably want higher ER than that, since you probably aren't switching to Benny every 4 seconds to use his skill, and you definitely aren't switching every 2 seconds during his ult buff.

All the ER stuff is team-dependent, though. If you have two party members of the same element, they'll both need less ER since they get bonus energy from each others' element-matching particles. (Particles that match the character's element give 3x as much burst meter as other colored particles.) If you have a character who generates tons of energy like Venti, Geo MC, or C2 Ningguang, you'll likewise need less ER for the rest of the team.

There aren't really any hard target numbers for any other stat like ATK/EM/crit/whatever.

edit:

Also, there isn't really too much point in thinking about Energy Recharge breakpoints because you don't have any fine control over it.
The hourglass is the only artifact slot that can roll it, plus it can show up on weapons. So basically the decision making process is: "Do I use an ER weapon over a higher-damage one? (y/n). Do I use an ER hourglass over an ATK/HP/whatever one? (y/n)."
Beyond that it's just artifact substat RNG which you should ignore for the next 1 million years.

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 09:06 on Jan 4, 2021

kater
Nov 16, 2010

there's no finishing quest for this event right? it just ends on 'hey look that flower is mad'? seems strange place to leave it.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

kater posted:

there's no finishing quest for this event right? it just ends on 'hey look that flower is mad'? seems strange place to leave it.

Check again in 40 minutes.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

For as much as I've enjoyed the new area, the latest event, and Albedo's gameplay, I've gotta say that I haven't been into the actual story missions. Cutscene Albedo is a boring character and I don't care about this sword. Can't stand Sucrose either.

Vargs fucked around with this message at 09:50 on Jan 4, 2021

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Neat bug that involves killing Amber

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OA_GDxnY2Q&t

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD
the reason you don't use fischl dps is because that's splitting your damage types

doing all physical with attacks, then electro from E/Q/C6 means part of your damage isn't getting boosted by your goblet. And you'd need superconduct AND a VV user to amplify both types of damage
the best DPSes are the ones that can make most, or all, of their damage one type, like Klee, Diluc, Keqing, etc, so that your damage all gets boosted by your goblet, and you only need 1 support to shred resist (cryo/electro for superconduct, anemo VV for anyone doing elemental primary). Its not like Razor, where he prefers physical damage though he has Electro, as that's mainly there to help him keep triggering superconduct. Fischl's electro damage is very high, making a physical build rather unwieldy for her.

And if you decide to take an Electro goblet instead of a physical one, why not just swap off of Fischl after pushing E and use somebody who's getting their basic attacks boosted by their goblet? Why not use somebody who can trigger more electro-based reactions for Fischl to proc her talent damage on?

Fischl's fine for autoattacking as a backup, but as a primary DPS she's far from optimal.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Hazdoc posted:

the reason you don't use fischl dps is because that's splitting your damage types

doing all physical with attacks, then electro from E/Q/C6 means part of your damage isn't getting boosted by your goblet. And you'd need superconduct AND a VV user to amplify both types of damage
the best DPSes are the ones that can make most, or all, of their damage one type, like Klee, Diluc, Keqing, etc, so that your damage all gets boosted by your goblet, and you only need 1 support to shred resist (cryo/electro for superconduct, anemo VV for anyone doing elemental primary). Its not like Razor, where he prefers physical damage though he has Electro, as that's mainly there to help him keep triggering superconduct. Fischl's electro damage is very high, making a physical build rather unwieldy for her.

And if you decide to take an Electro goblet instead of a physical one, why not just swap off of Fischl after pushing E and use somebody who's getting their basic attacks boosted by their goblet? Why not use somebody who can trigger more electro-based reactions for Fischl to proc her talent damage on?

Fischl's fine for autoattacking as a backup, but as a primary DPS she's far from optimal.

Yeah but pew pew pew is hella fun. Also I pretty much never run any anemo in my team so VV's never been a factor in my calculations.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Fischl oh ho ho’s during her attack string so it’s pretty much the best move in the game.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

Hazdoc posted:

By that logic Razor is a bad carry too. You say that doesn't count because Razor's physical damage is very high but Fischl has access to Rust, a weapon with what amounts to +40% physical damage at R1, scaling to +80% at R5. With Rust you can effectively have the equivalent of both an electro and a physical goblet at once.

My point isn't that Fischl is the best carry in the game or some such nonsense, my point is that she is a top tier carry and players without Diluc, Razor, etc shouldn't just dismiss her out of hand especially if they have C1 and Rust.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
So how is DPS Fischl supposed to be played anyway? Do you use her E or not?

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler
The game is easy enough (barring late stage Abyss) that it really doesn't matter that spamming Fischl auto-attacks isn't optimal. I clear the highest level Childe fight by pretty much exclusively spamming Fischl's auto attacks.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

gandlethorpe posted:

So how is DPS Fischl supposed to be played anyway? Do you use her E or not?

why wouldn't you use her E? That's like the entire point of fish

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

using her skill shuts off her C1 so it'd be important to know how that affects her damage. given her burst is just an excuse to refresh her skill though, i suppose you can't really escape that and should just treat C1 as a bonus for the like 5s her skill and burst are both on cooldown

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

C1 for Fish has got to be one of the most overrated constellations in the game. It's a minor damage boost for the small time your Oz isn't on the field.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

kater posted:

Fischl oh ho ho’s during her attack string so it’s pretty much the best move in the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Terper posted:

Check again in 40 minutes.

guess this was nothing? rip the nothing rear end mystery of this okay enough sword.