Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!
Pretty sure people were aware for a while that Roderick was some level of gross and rode the line of edgy humor poo poo, but was personable enough that people who knew him always gave him a pass. Any time I actually heard anything about him, it lowered my opinion of him, though.

The boys really need to get out of the mindset of treating business partners like any other friend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

NieR Occomata posted:

Considering there’s a whole section of Twitter devoted to hating the three of them, down to referring them with asterisks in their names, considering that Something Sensitive loving exists, which is literally entirely devoted to taking down randos on this dead gay forum, the insane level of mental gymnastics you’d have to go through to justify that somehow they never knew about his lovely beliefs for eight years defies belief. It is, quite literally, unbelievable.

Most of the people who hate the McElroys hate them for themselves and maybe Lin and again, would probably not give a poo poo about the guy they licensed a song from and barely interact with otherwise.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Like you could probably match the dates of some of his rweets to eps of mbmbm and the reason why justin was talking about glass shark while bean dad said america belongs to whites is bc nobody even remembered who he is.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.

NieR Occomata posted:

It is, quite literally, unbelievable.

Not really but if you really think that feel free to stop listening to them

Colonel Whitey fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Jan 4, 2021

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

NieR Occomata posted:

Its loving unbelievable to me that literally nobody would inform any of the three Extremely Online hosts of the podcast in eight years that the guy who wrote the song they use all the time is Actually Bad.

I agree. It’s time we cancel this podcast

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
some people really shouldn't be on twitter lol

number 1 snake fan
Jul 16, 2018

https://twitter.com/cortmanteau/status/1345647999146360832?s=19

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
It just occurred to me that I’ve listened to the intro 100s of times and have never once thought about listening to the rest of that song.

I’m going to miss Touch the Skyrim way more.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

NieR Occomata posted:

Considering there’s a whole section of Twitter devoted to hating the three of them, down to referring them with asterisks in their names, considering that Something Sensitive loving exists, which is literally entirely devoted to taking down randos on this dead gay forum, the insane level of mental gymnastics you’d have to go through to justify that somehow they never knew about his lovely beliefs for eight years defies belief. It is, quite literally, unbelievable.

Weird that you wrote those “considerings” and it didn’t end in “it is quite literally unbelievable they don’t ignore all online communication sent their way.”

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Professor Wayne posted:

It just occurred to me that I’ve listened to the intro 100s of times and have never once thought about listening to the rest of that song.
it's an incredibly disjointed song... the money zone music is also from the same song, and the song just transitions to that part almost completely at random with no set-up

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
I just feel sorry for Jesse Thorn's inbox tomorrow morning.

https://twitter.com/j_mcelroy/status/1345921122416562176?s=20

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

my only hope is that the new song is roughly 0:45 so i don't have to change my "start playback at 0:45 so the song is already done" setting

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

lol this guy ran for seattle city council and no one even bothered to look at his tweets

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I just realized that because he wanted her to make the baked beans herself, he was fully intending this 9 year old to use the stove unattended.

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

https://twitter.com/megaleg2/status/1345914458959446017?s=21

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Not a day goes by that I don’t feel some degree of relief that I have scripts to auto purge anything on my social media(s) after a year. I don’t do anything of note in any aspect but if a lovely drawn out woke toddler meme can draw out this sort of response best to hedge bets.

Warbird fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Jan 4, 2021

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Waffleman_ posted:

Most of the people who hate the McElroys hate them for themselves and maybe Lin and again, would probably not give a poo poo about the guy they licensed a song from and barely interact with otherwise.
Man what if they got Lin to do the new intro/outro

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

Call Carly Rae Jepsen's people. Make Griffin's dream come true.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

I’m sure whatever they choose will somehow be worse than it’s a departure off the album putting the days to bed.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
2022 has to start with someone raiding hte McElroy compound to find the 5 hour outtakes of Griffin still thanking john roderick for the use of their theme song it's a departure off the album putting the days to bed

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

Intros shouldn't be more than like 10 seconds max, especially when it repeats every episode

Even shows like UYD where Jonathan puts thought into picking something different each week-- my dude, I am absolutely skipping past a wholeass 3+ minute track

Colonel Whitey posted:

I’m sure whatever they choose will somehow be worse than it’s a departure off the album putting the days to bed.

That song was bad and you're probably correct

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

The uruk-hai defender has logged on.

flesh dance posted:

Intros shouldn't be more than like 10 seconds max, especially when it repeats every episode

Even shows like UYD where Jonathan puts thought into picking something different each week-- my dude, I am absolutely skipping past a wholeass 3+ minute track

That song was bad and you're probably correct

UYD has introduced me to a lot of good songs

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

The McElroy brothers are not experts and their advice should never be followed. Travis claims he's a "sexpert," but if there's a degree on his wall, I haven't seen it. Also, this show isn't for kids, which I mention only so the babies out there will know how cool they are for listening. What's up, you cool baby?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdCH7ZewAfY

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Waffleman_ posted:

The McElroy brothers are not experts and their advice should never be followed. Travis claims he's a "sexpert," but if there's a degree on his wall, I haven't seen it. Also, this show isn't for kids, which I mention only so the babies out there will know how cool they are for listening. What's up, you cool baby?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAB8dNMoXZ0

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

Kevin DuBrow posted:

UYD has introduced me to a lot of good songs

He has real good taste, I guess it's me that's lacking in patience :v:

e: vvvvvvvv YES

flesh dance fucked around with this message at 06:40 on Jan 4, 2021

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

While they’re at it they should redo the disclaimer and get rid of that dumb sexpert part

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

flesh dance posted:

Unless it's the We Hate Movies Spooktacular theme, that thing is rad.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
TWIoAT season 2 had the best podcast intro/outro, I clued into the theme slowing down a bit every episode just before they mentioned it

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

keep your heart 3 stacks...

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Colonel Whitey posted:

While they’re at it they should redo the disclaimer and get rid of that dumb sexpert part
Travis claims he's got an MA in manners, but if there's a degree on his wall, I haven't seen it.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Sankis posted:

the phase of Twitter where a main character's Twitter history is searched and posted is here and folks its not great.

https://twitter.com/BirdRespecter/status/1345772924028928000?s=19

Aside from the tweet with the N-word in it (which is super super super super bad), and maybe the one with the C-word in it, and the one where he calls a dude a fag, none of the other incriminating tweets in this thread really rise to anything beyond "this looks kinda bad out of context" (lol, that's still three tweets too many, and he absolutely deserves the scrutiny he's getting).

Honestly, they should've just stuck to those three tweets.

Maybe it's because Roderick has always been the 'emphatically pro-Israel one' on Friendly Fire and Omnibus, and has been pretty vocal about his Jewish heritage and about being "the only Jew in Alaska" and so forth, but it's hard for me to see his tweets about Jews outside of a very obvious context that people seem to willingly be missing. And in that context, I don't think his tweets are any more indicative of "lovely beliefs" than the poo poo that routinely gets said on Chapo, or the poo poo that thousands of other Jewish comics and commentators routinely say.

And the "bitch named Nora" tweet is just funny. If you don't find the "bitch named Nora" tweet funny then you're probably absolutely intolerable to be around in real life.

Also, IDK who this Bird Respecter is, but they seem like a Defcon 1 square, their body of other tweets gives me that impression. I bet they're absolutely intolerable to be around in real life.

Anyway, my point isn't that I don't think Roderick deserves what's happening to him right now--he clearly absolutely does. I'm not defending John Roderick or his stupid "I'm an old man now so I get to do lovely old man things" schtick.

My point is that it's weirdly frustrating to me to watch the most tiresome people in all of liberalism (because I guarantee you that none of them are actual leftists), these wannabe Neera Tandens of Woke Internet, bend over backwards to dig up any tweet that has a potty word in it, or the tongue-in-cheek suggestion of an adversarial relationship with a child, as proof of a broader pattern of secret fascism or whatever. Like, I wanna be able to confidently argue that poo poo like cancel culture doesn't really exist, but then you've got people with embarrassing gamer avatars in this very thread going all "the Brothers McElroy must have known about his secret fascism and kept it secret for a decade :argh:"

Oooh Oooh, he said the word "bitch" in this one! This whole thing is equal parts stupid and entertaining. Like, just cancel a dude for using slurs and be done with it. You don't have to manufacture all of this other spurious crap about child abuse or "secret lovely beliefs" to give it legitimacy.

Like anything else involving the Brothers and sociopolitics it all feels super performative and like it's gonna be taken too far, until it becomes way more cringey than useful or helpful. Cancelling John Roderick will become the Loupe of 2021.

ghost emoji posted:

It's so bad! It's forgettable fartrock that doesn't match the retch of the show, and the volume is so much louder than it needs to be.

I like MBMBAM, but the theme song (and 95% of the ads, I'm looking at you Dr Gameshow) is not good.

I was so put off by the Dr. Gameshow ads that I will literally never listen to a single episode of it. They managed to fit a whole Wonderful episode's-worth of twee into a 30 second ad. It was like a van full of ASMR videos crashed into Emo Philips on his way to an Adventure Time read and every time I hear it my spine tries to leave my body.

NieR Occomata posted:

lol

Waffleman_ posted:

I just realized that because he wanted her to make the baked beans herself, he was fully intending this 9 year old to use the stove unattended.

are you really arguing that nine is too young to know how to turn on and turn off a stove?

achillesforever6 posted:

Man what if they got Lin to do the new intro/outro

Just make it "A Fugue for Brotherhorns" and be done with it.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Warbird posted:

Not a day goes by that I don’t feel some degree of relief that I have scripts to auto purge anything on my social media(s) after a year. I don’t do anything of note in any aspect but if a lovely drawn out woke toddler meme can draw out this sort of response best to hedge bets.
I for one just don't post the n-word online in the first place, because I'm built different

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Bean Dad Defender is an unexpected turn

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Ok Comboomer posted:

are you really arguing that nine is too young to know how to turn on and turn off a stove?
absolutely yes, good lord

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Eox posted:

Bean Dad Defender is an unexpected turn

I'm not defending Bean Dad in the slightest, I'm just annoyed that people are taking tweets with the N-word in them and tweets with the word "bitch" in them and putting them into the same big rhetorical pile

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Ok Comboomer posted:

I'm not defending Bean Dad in the slightest, I'm just annoyed that people are taking tweets with the N-word in them and tweets with the word "bitch" in them and putting them into the same big rhetorical pile
where does this one fit in the pile

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

The 7th Guest posted:

where does this one fit in the pile

That one’s pretty obviously facetious, considering that the dude routinely talks about Israel and about his time in Israel, and about Israelis he’s known, and has done multiple tours in Israel, including poo poo explicitly affiliated with USO and the IDF. Friendly Fire recently covered Exodus and Roderick’s take on the film was literally framed as “coming from the one Zionist in the group”.

Do you think he’s an antisemite? I have pretty strong evidence to suggest that he is not, as ill-advised as that tweet may have been, and as grotesque as it may look on its own.

When Amber Frost refers to herself as “octaroon” is she being a racist too? Should she be cancelled for that mocking use of a slur?

If I refer to myself as a wetback, explicitly in the context of mocking or facetiously parroting viewpoints that I find objectionable, do I also have to face scrutiny for simply using the word?

(The answer is yes, and in this case I gave the tweet scrutiny and found it to be evidence of arrogance and extremely poor judgment. You didn’t find a secret Nazi tweet)

trilobite terror fucked around with this message at 07:30 on Jan 4, 2021

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

https://twitter.com/PlanetofFinks/status/1345859317145231361

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!
Being a Zionist isn't mutually exclusive with being an antisemite. In fact, that describes a gently caress ton of American conservatives. You do not ever have to give the edgy middle aged white guy constantly finding ways to use slurs in jokes the benefit of the doubt. He just wants to use slurs.

Also, the new theme will definitely be by LMM, because of course they'll make the decision that will please half the fans and piss off the others. And he's also very high on the likely to get cancelled list.