Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

funkymonks
Aug 31, 2004

Pillbug

Saxophone posted:

I am AR 47. WHAT?!

Yeah I discovered this at AR49. I also felt bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

smallmouth posted:

I just started this game this weekend. So far so good. Can someone explain the elemental sight thing to me please? i thought it was supposed to highlight enemies in a color or something, but every time I use it they show up white?

Try it on slimes.

White is an elementally receptive object that is currently non-elemental, which includes most enemies since they don't have an element stuck to them. Unless it's raining, then they're hydro blue.

In addition to seeing seelie wakes, it will also show you burnable objects (dendro green) and smashable objects (geo gold). Though most burnable objects are already green.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

No Wave posted:

PJWS is just a stat stick. Deathmatch would do the same thing in a 4* package. I guess you could argue that Xiao prevents the rest of your team from doing things to such an extent that he's only worth it if he has the OP weapon.

(personally, I never take "needs 5* weapon" seriously because all 5* weapons do is make a character ~30% stronger in a very direct mathematical way)

yeah, someone was just telling me the latest opinions from china, i dont really follow the leaks all that closely personally. since anemo res down is way more of a whale stat they might just mean the only way to close the gap is with the weapon though, that was my best guess.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

funkymonks posted:

Yeah I discovered this at AR49. I also felt bad.

AR45, not a great feeling. At least now all the half done Seelie out in the Stone Forest will be found at long last.

WL5, Klee / Childe / Albedo / Bennett, hit this number consistently when my buffs weren't dropping mid-fight. Crit blossoms and Klee's satellite is a disgusting combo. So, so glad to be done with this boss.

Also, fwiw, a Bennett field tanks the AoE murder attack. That was a pleasant surprise.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
Holy crap Kequing is fun. I just wish all my good characters weren't electro. Fish, Razor, and now Kequing.

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

That rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

The seelie sight isn't very useful, it just gives a general "it's off in that vauge direction" that's not easy to see.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

I wonder if they'll ever put elemental damage on a weapon. I could see that being huge for a lot of characters depending on the weapon type and the passive.

Or maybe it'd be to radical and crazy.

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe

Sanya Juutilainen posted:

(Small, but still) counter-point: Fischl built for DPS is invaluable when you don't want to / cannot reach the enemy, like against Eye of Storm, Ruin Guard in air and few other minor exceptions.
I'll quibble back: useful, yes, but invaluable only if you have no other ranged DPS. Hazdoc's point still stands in these cases because, for example, Ning + Oz on the field will absolutely wreck Fish's DPS on her own for all this stuff. It's not that Fish is unsuitable for doing on-field damage, it's that she's merely OK at it while being a top-tier off-field damage support. Deciding to use her for aesthetics/waifu/etc. reasons is totally fine, but it makes no sense to argue for her on-field carry use for DPS reasons given that her kit is designed to make other, already-stronger-than-her carries even better.

aparmenideanmonad fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Jan 4, 2021

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Speaking of flying enemies I discovered the other day that Albedo's skill seemingly has infinite vertical height as far as blossom procs go. I was flinging arrows at a storm elemental quite a ways above the ground and still seeing those bursts of geo damage. He continues to prove himself best boy.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

No Wave posted:

Widsith is apparently amazing on Mona because you'll swap into her once every thirty seconds for her Q and will get a huge boost in damage. (I don't own a mona... yet)

I do have an ungeared and mostly unlevelled Mona to pair with it. I am not sure if I need another character to spend weeks farming artifacts/talent books etc. for though, as it is my flexible party spot has way more people I want to bring than I can bring.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

You get 600 primos for 3* everything in a cycle (repeated, not sure about first clear), but since it's not the only reward (and it's free to participate), it's usually worth it to improve - you get also leveling mats, extra 5* artifacts and 2.25 levels for BP.

Wait I’ve been ignoring the Abyss dungeon completely because I’m not at the end game yet. Is this post saying that you can get primogems every week just by running them?

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

Boris Galerkin posted:

Wait I’ve been ignoring the Abyss dungeon completely because I’m not at the end game yet. Is this post saying that you can get primogems every week just by running them?

It is not every week, it is like 2x a month or something like that. You can repeat levels 9-12, which as mentioned will give 600 primogems plus a few other things if you 3* everything. Honestly I have not bothered to keep it cleared because I do not find it that fun. I might just do levels 9 and 10 because they are relatively easy and call it good enough.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Floors 1-8 are a one time thing. Floors 9-12 reset at the beginning and middle of each month. So you can get up to 1200 primo a month.

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe
EDIT: beaten

Abyss 9-12 is the endgame, and it's also only part of it that refreshes (twice a month).

Take your time on 1-8, those can only be unlocked for rewards once, though they can be rerun to try to snag achievements etc.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I found the last abyss really fun to try to do underleveled (<AR35 for floor 9, <AR40 for 10/11). This one looks totally miserable though, floor 9 is stuffed with ice cages which are trivial when overleveled but impossible when underleveled.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

clearing the floors at all gets you most of the rewards, so it can be worth doing

i think it's nice they made it balanced enough to where there's not so much given out that you feel bad for skipping though.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

gandlethorpe posted:

Floors 1-8 are a one time thing. Floors 9-12 reset at the beginning and middle of each month. So you can get up to 1200 primo a month.

Floors 9-12 give half as many primogems as 1-8.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
600 twice a month = 1200

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?

gandlethorpe posted:

600 twice a month = 1200

Hey, we can't all be Genshin math guys.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I wish that the Abyss setup screen was a lot more user-friendly just so that I can have more than 0 compulsion to run 9-12. Until then I just really can't be hosed.

Also I have 0 elemental carries so I probably won't get too far.

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ibblebibble posted:

I wish that the Abyss setup screen was a lot more user-friendly just so that I can have more than 0 compulsion to run 9-12. Until then I just really can't be hosed.

Elemental carries aren't really necessary. What's necessary is to have enough DPS (even physical) and have proper supports for removing shields. You might run into bit of a slower work with Ruin Guards/Hunters, but it shouldn't be too bad compared to not removing shields.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Elemental carries aren't really necessary. What's necessary is to have enough DPS (even physical) and have proper supports for removing shields. You might run into bit of a slower work with Ruin Guards/Hunters, but it shouldn't be too bad compared to not removing shields.

The Ruin Guards in 8-2 took forever to kill without my C6 Fish and I don't particularly wish to repeat that experience so I'll hold for now. The biggest thing holding me back is the UI anyway. Let me see enemy team compositions whilst I'm setting up my team, let me swap out gear etc etc.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Ibblebibble posted:

Do you have Chongyun? Turn anyone into an ice carry.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Cryo carries seem uniquely bad in a world filled with cryo slimes and cryo shields.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Tsyni posted:

Do you have Chongyun? Turn anyone into an ice carry.

Only level 20, so not particularly well geared or survivable.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Ibblebibble posted:

Only level 20, so not particularly well geared or survivable.

I was mostly being silly. Ruin guard resistance to physical gets lowered after you hit their weak spot and they are sitting there. It's nice having Klee/Diluc and roasting them without having to worry about that, but it's not necessary.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I guess one gimmick Xiao has is that he can double jump which includes being able to take out Ruin Guard's eyes with his horizontal air dash attack.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Tsyni posted:

I was mostly being silly. Ruin guard resistance to physical gets lowered after you hit their weak spot and they are sitting there. It's nice having Klee/Diluc and roasting them without having to worry about that, but it's not necessary.

Issue was I only had one leveled bow user (Venti is stuck in the lvl 20 zone with no real plan to work on him) so I could only do that for one ruin guard in one half of the floor. Eh whatever, it's done and I don't plan to go back any time soon.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Tae posted:

I guess one gimmick Xiao has is that he can double jump which includes being able to take out Ruin Guard's eyes with his horizontal air dash attack.

Kinda hope Xiao gets a good rework because I like characters that zip around but if his whole thing is plunge spam that's going to be annoying. Sitting on gems waiting for a Venti rerun is boring.

Pope Urbane II
Nov 25, 2012
I tried to kill a ruin hunter bounty target today without a bow user. I managed to knock it down to 1/10th health before it went into the sky, and then I learned that Zhongli's meteor can knock one of them to the ground.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
I need a ton of Sealed Scrolls. Where do I farm them?

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

Boris Galerkin posted:

I need a ton of Sealed Scrolls. Where do I farm them?

either use the ingame tracker for samachurls or pull up a map

I had two spots I usually hit, there's a ton of great enemies to farm in the Guyun Stone Forest, especially 2 samachurls at the little hilichurl island, and 2 more on the shore a short distance from each other, plus an abyss mage at the big hut. There's also a 2 spawn right up the stairs from one of the outer ring teleports in stormterror's place, and a solid smattering around the outer wind wall, but it takes a bit of looking to know the route

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

Hazdoc posted:

either use the ingame tracker for samachurls or pull up a map

In game tracker?

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Mailer posted:

Kinda hope Xiao gets a good rework because I like characters that zip around but if his whole thing is plunge spam that's going to be annoying. Sitting on gems waiting for a Venti rerun is boring.

His whole thing wasn't supposed to be plunge spam.
It's just that his burst gives him good air movement and beta players figured out that the highest-dps option was plunge attack.

They can fix that without a whole rework.

Agnostalgia
Dec 22, 2009

Boris Galerkin posted:

In game tracker?

the enemies tab in the adventurer's handbook lets you pick an enemy to mark on the map.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Boris Galerkin posted:

In game tracker?

Hold alt to enable the mouse cursor. Then select the adventure handbook. Then select the enemies book mark on the left. You can filter by enemy classification, or just scroll down until you find what you're looking for. You'll need to reconsult the book to get a new marker.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES
So I'm AR45 and I've hit the point where the BP is worth more for the mats than the weapon. I took Solar Pearl for Klee (now on Ning), Viridescent Hunt for Fischl (now gathering dust), and I don't have anyone who would want Deathmatch or Black Sword more than weapons I already have. I guess get Serpent Spine for whenever I decide to run a greatsword user again?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
It's a good weapon. You've got 27 days to actually pick it though. You can just wait maybe Xiao or Hu Tao will look crazy good to you in which case you'd want Deathmatch on either.

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream

No Wave posted:

It's a good weapon. You've got 27 days to actually pick it though. You can just wait maybe Xiao or Hu Tao will look crazy good to you in which case you'd want Deathmatch on either.

Unless you want to whale for the 5* polearm likely coming out with Xiao and Hu Tao, it seems utterly insane for both of them. It's a shame weapon banners are impossible to guarantee getting the 5* you want.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

No Wave posted:

Based on what's been shown so far, I think my plan re: character banners is attempt Fischl C6 pull on current banner -> save until Venti. While Hu Tao gets major waifu points, I have Skyward Spine Xiangling C3 for a pyro polearm support/DPS and would rather save for Venti's rerun. Xiao might be neat, waiting until release before I make a decision tho. Rolling on ZL was...a time. Still leery.

For reference, I have most units, but am only really leveling
Klee / XQ / Sucrose / Bennett
Childe / XL / Fischl / Diona
Ning / Albedo / ZL for 1.3+ geo shenanigans

eleven of these dorks is enough, I dunno if I have room for another 5* lol

e: so help me god if they release a perfect companion for Skybank Mom, Geo Daddy, and Blossom Boy my need for the perfect family is going to obliterate my primos

zgrowler2 fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Jan 5, 2021