Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

itry posted:

Something along the lines of-

You missed the turn! :argh:
I know :v:
What are you doing! :argh:
I'm winning the race :v:

I only know because I was winning the race and didn't actually have any car to follow down the highway.

Haha that owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trustworthy
Dec 28, 2004

with catte-like thread
upon our prey we steal
I just played through the Act 1 tutorial braindance (convenience store) again, and there's something I still can't quite wrap my head around...

Why the hell would anyone want this braindance? The really "juicy" black market BD's involve stuff like someone committing murder or getting murdered, so that audiences can feel those vivid emotions without personal risk or consequences.

But what use is shooting the BD scroller in the back of the head, when he doesn't know it's coming??? He's not going to feel any strong emotions, have any interesting thoughts, or see anything visually interesting. The BD is just going to cut to black, and future BD audiences are going to think "Wtf, is this thing busted?"

If the other guy were the one scrolling, it would make sense. Or if the shooter announced himself, and said "Ha ha, you've been double crossed, chump!" before pulling the trigger, it might have made sense. But the more I think about the way they scrolled it, the more it drives me crazy. Was this just a completely idiotic BD concept, or am I missing something significant?

Trustworthy fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Jan 4, 2021

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
We are in that twilight between the game being released, and the 7 hour videos about this game. It is the time of the hour and a half long videos. My favorite on this game is by NeverKnowsBest on YT. It crystalized a few of my thoughts and is insightful and analytical beyond the opening obligatory farce that was the state of the game on release (and even now in many ways).
Just a few of the things it drew my attention was how every major sub-plot with the main/romanceable characters involve revenge, or how brilliant the idea of celebrity of Johnny in-game with Keanu IRL matches up and how they don't make many excuses for him being abrasive.

I got really into YT video essays in 2020 guys, so I apologize if this is turbonerd poo poo, but I found it really interesting and I thought I'd share it with you.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

I just assume it's a death grip sort of escalation in snuff BDs. If you can produce it, there will be a niche for it.

I just want to know why Judy had it in the first place

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Trustworthy posted:

I just played through the Act 1 tutorial braindance (convenience store) again, and there's something I still can't quite wrap my head around...

Why the hell would anyone want this braindance? The really "juicy" black market BD's involve stuff like someone committing murder or getting murdered, so that audiences can feel those vivid emotions without personal risk or consequences.

But what use is shooting the BD scroller in the back of the head, when he doesn't know it's coming??? He's not going to feel any strong emotions, have any interesting thoughts, or see anything visually interesting. The BD is just going to cut to black, and future BD audiences are going to think "Wtf, is this thing busted?"

If the other guy was scrolling, it would make sense. Or if the shooter announced himself, and said "Ha ha, you've been double crossed, chump!" before pulling the trigger, it might have made sense. But the more I think about the way they scrolled it, the more it drives me crazy. Was this just the world's most idiotic BD concept, or am I missing something significant?

You feel the shot, though. You feel as if you died. It’s like a shock scare but you’re feeling it up to the very verge of death. Judy sets pain limiters / parameters of how just how much you actually register but the whole point of that BD is that you’re experiencing death.

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
i really like how this game presents a brutal and unforgiving world but except adam smasher everyone has their own motives and hell you may be simpathetic to them. take the maiko mission for example whats the best way to handle that scenario? cdpr has really good video game writers

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

You feel the shot, though. You feel as if you died. It’s like a shock scare but you’re feeling it up to the very verge of death. Judy sets pain limiters / parameters of how just how much you actually register but the whole point of that BD is that you’re experiencing death.
I don't know why we're spoiling an introductory tutorial. Also the guy who shoots the recorder inherits the murdered guy's cut of the profits, it's win-win.

Trustworthy
Dec 28, 2004

with catte-like thread
upon our prey we steal

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Yeah I guess I've just always had the assumption that if you get surprise shot in the back of the skull, your brain's not actually going to register the shot (or have any conception of what's going on) before you blank out.

Basic Chunnel posted:

I don't know why we're spoiling an introductory tutorial.

If it's any consolation, I was thinking "Why am I spoilering this? What utter loving gonk would get mad about tutorial spoilers?" the whole time.

Trustworthy fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Jan 4, 2021

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

If a BD roller can pick up sound and 3D imaging that the person it's plugged into cannot perceive in the moment, it stands to reason that it might persist in recording the feedback of death even after consciousness has been lost.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Trustworthy posted:

If the other guy were the one scrolling, it would make sense. Or if the shooter announced himself, and said "Ha ha, you've been double crossed, chump!" before pulling the trigger, it might have made sense. But the more I think about the way they scrolled it, the more it drives me crazy. Was this just a completely idiotic BD concept, or am I missing something significant?

V comes out of that BD freaking the gently caress out because it has enough shock and feeling still attached to the last seconds of life.

elpaganoescapa
Aug 13, 2014
I just read that the original 2020 Voodoo Boys were white boys with implants or something to look black? Weird. These new VDB are clearly lifted from Gibson's Count Zero, where there are two console jockeys who contact "loas" or AIs that represent themselves as voodoo gods and even possess people to talk through them

Oscar Romeo Romeo
Apr 16, 2010

I'm having serious trouble with the final Beat the Brat fight. I've been cheesing them (drop a weapon before the fight, pick up with equip button, then wail on them) because a) Funny b) Easy and c) kinda fits the attitude I have in mind for V on this playthrough. For some reason that tactic just will not work on this fight. The weapon gets picked up but goes straight back into inventory and the ACTION BLOCKED icon flashes up in the top left of the screen. I did think maybe CDPR patched it but I didn't have any patch downloads today, and I've done all the other fights yesterday and the penultimate one only a few minutes before starting the final. Any ideas? Playing on the PS4 version if that helps.

Also, game gud!

Oscar Romeo Romeo fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Jan 4, 2021

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_QSHuADVfM
curse you pc goons!!! curse you!!!!

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Anyone else hear this in their head? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1qN6gLbUMw

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
First time I’ve played since around two weeks ago and while kind of sluggish at first (keep in mind I’m using GeForce now for the most part), it’s been fine since I signed back on and besides Mrs Perez walking briefly on air...it’s been pretty drat stable and not nearly as janky (well besides one example of a need this level script text being left in). It will be interesting to see what the January patch does. But hopefully CDPR will be able to right the ship, as this game really is the next step in he DX lineage and fun as hell.

I haven’t been following the talk of class actions, but as a proud member of a $3 PS3 other os class action settlement check (auto included), I’m kind of loling at the thought anyone, besides a law firm, will make money (and I say this as a lawyer and I know remediation of a practice may also be a desired outcome). Truthfully and I can’t speak to say EU, UK, or Polish law, but bitting the bullet and offering the refunds was a very smart choice and combined with the forthcoming patches should help CDPR significantly. Of course that’s assuming the patches fix things by and large, before the standard phase of QoL, feature ad, and enduring bug support occur.

Really do love this game so much. Honestly though for DLC or more likely a sequel I’d love to explore more of the world or even just the east coast. I know Night City is the focus, but there is just so much good material to work with.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

stratdax posted:

Also,
I'm in the lategame now and drat was it a mistake to have Johnny Silverhand be such a prominent part of the story. First, he's completely unpleasant. The game tries to make you sympathetic to him in Act 3 with a bit of reminiscing on old days, but by then it's too late. But a larger point I was thinking about... why bother setting this game in 2077 at all? First, there doesn't seem to be any progress or difference at all from when Silverhand was alive, except the buildings are bigger. 55 should be a long time between then and now but he's walking around like it was yesterday and he's more familiar with the city than V. His dogtags are in a cubbyhole in a hotel and even his Porsche is in shipping container that was being loaded on a ship. (speaking of which, 2077 and all the cars are internal combustion motors. mm hmm.)

Also, seems odd that Arasaka would implant Silverhand's engram on a prototype chip, and then sit on it for 55 years. And after 55 years it's still "experimental"? Wouldn't it be "completely rote" by this point? And proven? He just had Silverhand on a chip in case he decided to bring him back for funsies?
And jamming with the band... yeah Kerry looks amazing for an 80 year old man, obvious due to anti-aging stuff, but it's still just yet another thing making this game seem like it's set in an earlier time than it is. Samurai supposedly broke up in 2008 in the in-game history. It just feels like the scale of the timeline is completely wonky. When the story is supposedly set is completely incongruous with these anchors from the past running around.

They actually touch upon this in the tabletop and not really explained in game. In the Cyberpunk world, most cars run on CHOOH^2, which is a highly refined ethanol variant from processed wheat and algae strains. It's suppose to be 100% sustainable (or at least that's what their ad copy says) and significantly cleaner than any oil product, nor does it require the sorts of rare earth metals that plagued lots of green energy production like solar cells. Proper oil is still drilled for use in plastics as well as legacy systems that still feed off diesel. The refining process was perfected by a company call Biotechnica (which is name dropped a couple of times) which is just about the closest thing the setting has to a 'good' corporation. They sell the licensing to produce CHOOH^2 to all the major fuel companies so they are an extremely wealthy and powerful company despite being quite a bit smaller than the other major players in a pure manpower sense. They are actively trying to bioengineer microbes to clean up the toxins and pollution around the world and are one of the few companies working to repopulate endangered and extinct species that have died off in the last couple of centuries.

Johnny and the Porche thing is kind of stupid, but that's been a thing since Cyberpunk 2013/2020. Johnny Silverhand being a piss rear end broke drug addled anti-establishment anarchist that somehow scored a Porche 311 is literally canon (Mike Pondsmith isn't perfect you guys, it's dumb when it's brought up in the tabletop game too).

The whole thing about the Relic / Secure your soul is this: Before Alt Cunningham gets kidnapped in the VDB flashback, she has already developed Soulkiller for use by Netwatch. Netwatch's whole aim with it was a last resort to secure their data forts from netrunners and was a last-ditch-break-glass-in-case-of-emergency defensive measure. When Arasaka catches wind of it, they kidnap Alt to have her make their own version, that can be used offensively, as well as pairing it up with their Soul Securing program because Saburo saw it as a way to live forever. When they bring in Alt, they already have their Soulkiller prototype in some level of development and they force Alt to finish it first before getting her to develop the other side of it - the SYS program. Until SYS is up and functional, Arasaka Soulkiller exists pretty much solely to go after Arasaka's enemies and send their minds to cyber hell. They view soulkiller as a hammer, and every person who ever wronged them in any way as a nail. Queue the VDB flashback of Johnny's first Arasaka raid of which Alt gets unplugged from the system (in the game they make it seem like an accident or that she was already dead, in the TT books Arasaka unplug her when Johnny blow up the doors. Alt's consciousness still exists in Arasaka's datafort, but with her meat body dead Arasaka doesn't really have anything to leverage against her, and she keeps taking over the security systems and murdering the employees with turrets whenever they try to get her to help so they lock her away in their data vaults. the whole reason Johnny and the crew head back 10 years later in the Interlude flashback is because they got tipped off that Alt's psyche is trapped in Mikoshi. Thinking anything is better than cyber purgatory, they set off nukes in Arasaka tower to try to either kill the Mikoshi program and/or give the trapped engrams a chance to escape with the gatekeeper destroyed. Shockingly enough , it worked, and Alt was able to steal away with a bunch of other soulkilled consciousnesses and hide away in the dark corners of the web. With Arasaka Tower of 2020 blown the gently caress up and all of the Secure Your Soul program data blown the gently caress up with it, SYS was suspended. It wasn't until decades later with the rebuilding of the Arasaka tower in Night City and the rebuilding of the data fort there that Hanako starts the program up in secret again. They get the process for storing the engrams on biochips sorted but don't have the 'getting the engram back onto a body' part complete yet, but that doesn't stop them from duping rich idiots to give them money at the shot of being reborn down the line. As far as why Yorinobu specifically had Johnny's engram - He was making a deal with Netwatch. Netwatch has been trying to catch Alt's engram for literal decades and they were going to use it to try to lure her out. I just wish the game had a better way of getting all of that information to the players because it makes some of those flashback plot beats a lot more clear.

Edit: The reason why they had [spoiler]

RE: Time - Yeah it probably would of made more sense to have the game take place in like the 2040s - 50s or so - which is the time period that Cyberpunk RED exists in. Kerry and Rogue would be in their 60s/70s rather than 80+. To be fair though, both Kerry and Rogue have aged extremely gracefully. The thing about having the game take place in the 2040s is that the city center is still a nuclear shithole from the Demolitron, and tons of people live in the outskirts of town in shipping containers in complete abject squalor. The first of the megatowers is only at that point being built and there's still a lot of reclamation happening in the city. I think it could make for an interesting game, but it would be a completely different kind of game (at that point in the timeline, Arasaka is completely banished from the US because of the giant no-holds-barred war they waged against Militech in the 2020s/2030s, so they would not be available as the main antagonists)

DeathSandwich fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Jan 4, 2021

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

elpaganoescapa posted:

I just read that the original 2020 Voodoo Boys were white boys with implants or something to look black? Weird. These new VDB are clearly lifted from Gibson's Count Zero, where there are two console jockeys who contact "loas" or AIs that represent themselves as voodoo gods and even possess people to talk through them

It is a little disappointing that Posergangs have gone out of style by 2077, the closest we get is the game re-using the same NPC models.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

Firstborn posted:

We are in that twilight between the game being released, and the 7 hour videos about this game. It is the time of the hour and a half long videos. My favorite on this game is by NeverKnowsBest on YT. It crystalized a few of my thoughts and is insightful and analytical beyond the opening obligatory farce that was the state of the game on release (and even now in many ways).
Just a few of the things it drew my attention was how every major sub-plot with the main/romanceable characters involve revenge, or how brilliant the idea of celebrity of Johnny in-game with Keanu IRL matches up and how they don't make many excuses for him being abrasive.

I got really into YT video essays in 2020 guys, so I apologize if this is turbonerd poo poo, but I found it really interesting and I thought I'd share it with you.

I watched that video, he's pretty good. I haven't seen many glowing thinkies about this game yet but there's no shortage of scathing ones. I don't really seek out video essays tho so that's probably the Algorithm

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

itry posted:

You guys keep conflating psychosis and psychopathy, like Jeza said. Pyschosis just means you can't tell what's real or not. So human perception and conversation being affected makes sense.

Cyberpunk RED explicitly references the Hare Psychopathy checklist and says the onset of cyberpsychosis, as a rule, manifests as some of those symptoms lol

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

2house2fly posted:

I watched that video, he's pretty good. I haven't seen many glowing thinkies about this game yet but there's no shortage of scathing ones. I don't really seek out video essays tho so that's probably the Algorithm

If it's video games, may I also offer a few others the algorithm eventually gave me?

Jacob Gellar (this is stellar material to me, it's amazing he doesn't have more subs, this tends towards indie games and ~feels~ so ymmv)
Whitelight
PatricianTV

E: this is video game essay channels i like, not necessarily about cp2077

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you

itry posted:

Something along the lines of-

You missed the turn! :argh:
I know :v:
What are you doing! :argh:
I'm winning the race :v:

I only know because I was winning the race and didn't actually have any car to follow down the highway.

I was 2nd I was going to help Claire but then I just wanted to come 1st :v:

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Oscar Romeo Romeo posted:

I'm having serious trouble with the final Beat the Brat fight. I've been cheesing them (drop a weapon before the fight, pick up with equip button, then wail on them) because a) Funny b) Easy and c) kinda fits the attitude I have in mind for V on this playthrough. For some reason that tactic just will not work on this fight. The weapon gets picked up but goes straight back into inventory and the ACTION BLOCKED icon flashes up in the top left of the screen. I did think maybe CDPR patched it but I didn't have any patch downloads today, and I've done all the other fights yesterday and the penultimate one only a few minutes before starting the final. Any ideas? Playing on the PS4 version if that helps.

Which person are you fighting? The final final fight after you finish the four that Coach initially tells you about? Or the Animals lady (or one of the other ones)?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

elpaganoescapa posted:

Pondsmith made them as a commentary on how in the late 80's when groups like NWA and Public Enemy really took off you had white teens trying really hard to mimic the style and attitude which is obviously still a Thing today, but was even more so back then.

Seymour Buttz
Apr 26, 2006

Dog controls your destiny.

Don't pick the weapon up with square, pick it up with triangle, then hit triangle again to brandish it. Picking it up with square just puts it in your inventory, but triangle immediately equips it.

If you are using triangle and it's not working, then I dunno.

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

It may not be interracial, but it is black and white.

Seymour Buttz posted:

Don't pick the weapon up with square, pick it up with triangle, then hit triangle again to brandish it. Picking it up with square just puts it in your inventory, but triangle immediately equips it.

Also, game gud!

You might also make sure that all of your weapon slots are full. If you an empty slot it might just try to equip in that one instead of your selected slot which is the one that is in use during the fight.

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost

Trustworthy posted:

Some people love "dangerous" stuff like hang gliding or rollercoasters or bungee jumping. Some people like jumpscares. Its not much different than stuff like that

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Here's a script to turn items legendary instead of messing with saves. Gotta look fabulous the whole time.

https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/712

Sachant
Apr 27, 2011

DeathSandwich posted:

The thing about having the game take place in the 2040s is that the city center is still a nuclear shithole from the Demolitron, and tons of people live in the outskirts of town in shipping containers in complete abject squalor. The first of the megatowers is only at that point being built and there's still a lot of reclamation happening in the city. I think it could make for an interesting game, but it would be a completely different kind of game (at that point in the timeline, Arasaka is completely banished from the US because of the giant no-holds-barred war they waged against Militech in the 2020s/2030s, so they would not be available as the main antagonists)

Please god no, I am so sick of dusty rusty "post-apocalyptic" setting games where the screen is never a color other than brown and/or everything is built like some Victorian diving bell aesthetic. Wasteland, Stalker, Metro, Fallout, Bioshock...

Sachant fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Jan 4, 2021

PerilPastry
Oct 10, 2012
Does this Arasaka carrier in the bay people keep mentioning actually exist in-game?

Oscar Romeo Romeo
Apr 16, 2010

StarkRavingMad posted:

Which person are you fighting? The final final fight after you finish the four that Coach initially tells you about? Or the Animals lady (or one of the other ones)?

The final final fight.

Seymour Buttz posted:

Using triangle. Worked in every previous fight but just not happening in this one. :/

Delizin posted:

You might also make sure that all of your weapon slots are full. If you an empty slot it might just try to equip in that one instead of your selected slot which is the one that is in use during the fight.

Ah that might be it. I was unequipping and leaving the slot blank so I could pick it up and did notice it was going straight into the empty slot when I checked my inventory to see where the hell it went after disappearing and not equipping in the fight. Thanks, I'll give that a try.

Remora
Aug 15, 2010

Control Volume posted:

Cyberpunk RED explicitly references the Hare Psychopathy checklist and says the onset of cyberpsychosis, as a rule, manifests as some of those symptoms lol

I mean, that just means they're dumb too

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Sachant posted:

Please god no, I am so sick of dusty rusty "post-apocalyptic" setting games where the screen is never a color other than brown and/or everything is built like some Victorian diving bell aesthetic. Wasteland, Stalker, Metro, Fallout, Bioshock...

To be fair, it's not all bad, In Cyberpunk RED Rancho Coronado was still a really pleasant suburb, Pacifica was all brand new and basically a giant theme park, and most of Watson was fresh construction (that was all turbo gentrified and so expensive that very few people could live there). Northside was a area that specifically catered to like corpo middle management and surprisingly clean and well put together. If you were anywhere in the middle of the city or the east side though you were in knife crime city.

Edit: Specifically, a lot of the shipping container housing from RED with all the squalor was all set up in the area of the game that is now that giant garbage dump.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

The final final fight.

Using triangle. Worked in every previous fight but just not happening in this one. :/

Ah that might be it. I was unequipping and leaving the slot blank so I could pick it up and did notice it was going straight into the empty slot when I checked my inventory to see where the hell it went after disappearing and not equipping in the fight. Thanks, I'll give that a try.

If you can’t get the weapon thing to work, it’s possible to cheese that fight. Get as far away from him as possible and he’ll do that thing where he charges in and throws the big jumping overhand. Block that and he’ll go into a crouch for a few seconds; throw a couple punches at him or a strong punch. I aimed down to try and hit his stomach area but I’m not sure how much I succeeded. Then back off as far as you can and he’ll charge again. It took forever but I eventually ground him down this way. It’s basically 100% predictable as long as you don’t stay close to him for too long and let him start throwing combos. A few times I staggered him with the strong punch and could get a few more shots in. I was pretty body focused so maybe if you are at super low body you won’t be able to block the big punch, I don’t know.

After all the talk about his weak abs and him doing that charge into a jumping punch I was pretty disappointed that I wasn’t able to Bald Bull one shot him by timing a punch to the gut during the charge.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I feel like it would have helped the timeline if there'd been a fifth Corporate War, maybe with something about it was how Arasaka was allowed back onto NUSA turf.

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

I like this game. Truly I do. But are there ever people to talk to?

Like every time I find something cool it's just full of gangs who aggro when I get close. I stumbled on a really cool parking structure full of tents and couches and a bunch of scavs with a robot and like 15 cameras.

I would like to know who they are and why they're there and etc etc etc. Picking up a conversation shard with a bunch of fucks and cunts in it after I kill everyone is super lame.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

The gig Hot merchandise is kind of unsatisfactory. A weapons merchant Rebeca has opened a shop that deals in stolen / hacked goods and Rogue wants her taken out. But when you read a shard on her, you find out

that some mystery person has taken her daughter hostage and is sending her their fingers to extort Rebeca into working with her. Killing her after reading this seems pretty drat unfair. Even taking her alive feels bad. What will Rogue do with her? How will her daughter end up?

This could've been honestly a whole bigger quest where you find this stuff out and work with Rebeca to get rid of the goons in her shop and rescue the daughter / find out who is blackmailing her. It's honestly a pretty good reminder that sometimes these gigs are more than just to kill whoever the fixer wants you to kill. Or at least they can be if you read the info! All in all I was left with an unsatisfactory feeling and a bad taste of this one.

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

It may not be interracial, but it is black and white.
I just started up another playthrough to try out different things and I love finding all these little things I might have missed before. For example, the first time you go to the Afterlife before going and talking to Dex, you can walk around the club and find Panam meeting with Nash Bane to discuss their upcoming job.

Tall Tale Teller posted:

Like every time I find something cool it's just full of gangs who aggro when I get close. I stumbled on a really cool parking structure full of tents and couches and a bunch of scavs with a robot and like 15 cameras.

I would like to know who they are and why they're there and etc etc etc. Picking up a conversation shard with a bunch of fucks and cunts in it after I kill everyone is super lame.

There are a few gigs that can be solved diplomatically, but it isn't always obvious how to get people talking instead of shooting. I really would have liked to see more conversations in game instead of people immediately reaching for their guns as you approach. It's a hard ask with all of the extra writing and recording time necessary in a game like this though.

Honestly, I was surprised in some of the gigs that I did differently in a subsequent playthrough to discover that if I approached it a certain way I could talk through the situation.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Tall Tale Teller posted:

My advice? Approach the game as a narrative RPG, not an open world game

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

TeaJay posted:

The gig Hot merchandise is kind of unsatisfactory. A weapons merchant Rebeca has opened a shop that deals in stolen / hacked goods and Rogue wants her taken out. But when you read a shard on her, you find out

that some mystery person has taken her daughter hostage and is sending her their fingers to extort Rebeca into working with her. Killing her after reading this seems pretty drat unfair. Even taking her alive feels bad. What will Rogue do with her? How will her daughter end up?

This could've been honestly a whole bigger quest where you find this stuff out and work with Rebeca to get rid of the goons in her shop and rescue the daughter / find out who is blackmailing her. It's honestly a pretty good reminder that sometimes these gigs are more than just to kill whoever the fixer wants you to kill. Or at least they can be if you read the info! All in all I was left with an unsatisfactory feeling and a bad taste of this one.

yeah it's weird because SOME gigs like the one with the guy in the truck allow you to make a different decision, but this one doesn't

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sachant
Apr 27, 2011

Dawgstar posted:

fifth Corporate War

At that point they might have to start putting some thought into the names.