Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FilthIncarnate
Aug 13, 2007

Weird owl has life all figured out

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

if you're guaranteed a single point of damage on a slinger per turn - every turn - then that's a bona fide raiding force you got there, pal.

slings have poo poo for accuracy so you can needle the slingers until they fail a morale check and run away. it's ethical, cheap, and can easily be scaled up with multiple archers for dealing with more than a single point of PD at a time

incredible....so you're telling me that for a mere 15 or 20 air gems, i could put together a raiding party that could reliably defeat perhaps 1-5 points of pd??????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FilthIncarnate
Aug 13, 2007

talking to ermor

1:10 AM] weedzmin: this was an incredible battle

[1:11 AM] weedzmin: the slingers killed the commander instantly but also berserked one of the river demons which beat the rest of the pd to death by itself

gather 'round children, and i'll sing you a tale.......

:guitar: The Ballad of the Lonely Ogre :guitar:

The Ballad of the Lonely Ogre

the slinger struck the celestial master....

his wound, it was a-grave.....

but he also hurt the lonely ogre......

and his club....he did a-wave......

oooooh, the lonely ogre......

ooooooooooh, the lonely ooooogreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

FilthIncarnate
Aug 13, 2007

incredible, the first folk song to go triple platinum in fifty years.....i'm humbled by this experience......thank you all, and a special thank-you to my lord and savior, Jesus Christ, without whom nothing is possible......

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Great LP so far, I like your style. Good to see that JBBM continues to buff the less good nations.

Important question: Is anything being done to help Ys be halfway competitive? Somewhat competitive? A little bit competitive? Please, I'm dying to know.

Tuna-Fish
Sep 13, 2017

Torrannor posted:

Great LP so far, I like your style. Good to see that JBBM continues to buff the less good nations.

Important question: Is anything being done to help Ys be halfway competitive? Somewhat competitive? A little bit competitive? Please, I'm dying to know.

JBBM makes the free swans that Ys can spam with the swanherds sacred. Since you can scale up their amounts into absurdity, with the right bless you can pull some crazy poo poo with that.

I still don't think it makes Ys actually good, or even baseline competitive, but it is at least funny.

OOrochi
Jan 19, 2017

On my honor as the Dawnspear.
It also make their merrow slightly less bad. They got their attack stats bumped up a bit so they can actually hit things instead of flailing around like Pale Ones. It's not hugely impactful, but it is something.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

As demonstrated by Marverni and the hogpocalypse, any massable sacred can get out of hand. Boars are pseudo freespawn though.

wiegieman fucked around with this message at 07:34 on Jan 5, 2021

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
I think a lot of the issues with Ys are structural problems with how water nations work. People apparently like them in other, less enlightened Dom5 communities that do not understand the terrible truth of water nations.

Kobal2
Apr 29, 2019

Tuna-Fish posted:

I still don't think it makes Ys actually good, or even baseline competitive, but it is at least funny.

Exploding swans :getin:

Arcvasti
Jun 12, 2019

Never trust a bird.

Kobal2 posted:

Exploding swans :getin:

Pfft, that's not a real swan bless.

THIS is a real swan bless. Yes, I have seen this in an actual game.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

the gently caress does doing heat aura 3 cold aura 3 amount to

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Mostly nothing in neutral scales, cold aura 6 in cold 3 scales, heat aura 6 in heat 3 scales. Almost nobody ever takes neutral scales.

Banemaster
Mar 31, 2010
With large enough heat and cold auras effects spread on different tiles so it can be useful even on neutral scales.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Arcvasti posted:

Pfft, that's not a real swan bless.

THIS is a real swan bless. Yes, I have seen this in an actual game.

You may be surprised to learn that this bless did not work very well against actual opposition

FilthIncarnate posted:

ooooooooooh, the lonely ooooogreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

this was probably the high point of the game for me. These guys are pretty dangerous already, and the scaling change to their summoning spell that was around for a little while made it so you could summon something like 12 of them for 9 gems with a quickness bless, which allowed them to smack something twice a turn for enough damage to probably kill any human heavy infantry even through their shield. however the magic leader commander got sniped by 15 gold worth of slinger PD and all those ogres got stranded leaderless in my territory instead

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

Straight White Shark posted:

I think a lot of the issues with Ys are structural problems with how water nations work. People apparently like them in other, less enlightened Dom5 communities that do not understand the terrible truth of water nations.
Are there any generally accepted playerbase ideas on how to fix those structural problems with water nations beyond just 'delete them'? I've got a soft spot for waterborne and underwater nonsense in games in general - I still miss RTSes having naval units - and I'm always interested in hearing new reasons why they don't work or could be made to work or both.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

Drakyn posted:

Are there any generally accepted playerbase ideas on how to fix those structural problems with water nations beyond just 'delete them'? I've got a soft spot for waterborne and underwater nonsense in games in general - I still miss RTSes having naval units - and I'm always interested in hearing new reasons why they don't work or could be made to work or both.

I know Arcvasti's working on/off on a mod that rebalances water nations while also giving them amphibious options, which goes some way towards solving the issue by letting water nations participate on land.

Arcvasti
Jun 12, 2019

Never trust a bird.

PurpleXVI posted:

I know Arcvasti's working on/off on a mod that rebalances water nations while also giving them amphibious options, which goes some way towards solving the issue by letting water nations participate on land.

To be precise, the mod turns underwater nations into coastal nations, and gives them inland recruitables. It also makes some stuff like aboleths straight-up amphibious.

It's a pain to do though so I currently only have support for ea UW nations minus therodos and ys. I'll get around to finishing it eventually.

FilthIncarnate
Aug 13, 2007

Straight White Shark posted:

the real problem with ys is that ys has no actual tools for any phase of the game. morvach are prohibitively expensive so you can't leverage them early, when troops are actually good; their only air magic access (their only real midgame tool) is cap-only and slow-to-recruit, so they can't actually leverage air battlemagic; they have no native access to any sort of lategame, and also their underwater recruit-anywhere uw mage has the game's worst crosspath (e1w1, which literally has no practical use; you don't even get any battlemagic out of it).

also they are garbage at fighting uw, a problem when that's where your capital is..

fixing ys would probably start with making it a coastal nation instead of uw and giving merrow druids a workable magic path. after that we can talk about repricing morvach.

Arcvasti
Jun 12, 2019

Never trust a bird.

FilthIncarnate posted:

fixing ys would probably start with making it a coastal nation instead of uw and giving merrow druids a workable magic path. after that we can talk about repricing morvach.

Putting Ys as a coastal nation actually totally bypasses the need to give merrow druids a workable magic path, because then you start off with their kernou druids who have the perfectly serviceable E1S1 crosspath. They're still overpriced for their paths, but they're a lot more usable then merrow druids.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?

Arcvasti posted:

Putting Ys as a coastal nation actually totally bypasses the need to give merrow druids a workable magic path, because then you start off with their kernou druids who have the perfectly serviceable E1S1 crosspath. They're still overpriced for their paths, but they're a lot more usable then merrow druids.

Hell basically anything that has S1 in the mix is a good option because even if it can't cast something by itself, something else can use it as a battery or it can communion up with others of its kind to cast cool poo poo.

FilthIncarnate
Aug 13, 2007

t30

a busy, busy turn.

first things first: we sent the flying brick on an excursion. how did that go

one last job......

you remember these guys, rented elephants squished a lot of them.

the flying brick stands alone....

there's the fire elemental, we expected him.

we are uh less prepared for air elementals, who can use their shock attack to stun, and for the indie mages to spam paralyze at us.

punching a big elemental shrinks it, so as you can see we're making progress. the horned helmet we forged is doing a lot of work here.

we melee down two fire elementals and here comes a third

uh oh, what's this

oof, a chest wound.

but the elementals cannot stand against us.

the archers run out of arrows and charge into melee with their knives.....a poor decision

in close range with the wizards we're stunned by a lightning bolt but it's too late to matter, the wizards have already begun their retreat.

let's see what we've won

ah, this is....insanely good. like this is one of the best thrones we could have gotten. you'll see why.

this was a stupid and dangerous plan but it turns out to have been worth it.

meanwhile:

ulm attacked us, as we predicted. that's their stack.

and here it is, the brick wall.

divine blessing

the guru extends his hand. the air is suddenly filled with celestial music.

for reference, a normal human on foot has a combat speed of 10. heavy cavalry has a combat speed of 20, and a fast horse 24. all of our guys right now have 28.

before.

after.

even with fire evocations hurting our guys this battle goes very, very fast. our boys are tough, murderous, and now they're moving faster than horses; they liquify everything in a few rounds. we cast howl but the battle doesn't even last long enough for it to matter.

filled with blood-surge bloodlust, we sprint for the commanders, who try to run.

a few get lucky. most do not.

we butcher them utterly. of 189 units, 181 perish by the sword.

after that the fort storm is trivial. after an irl month of careful play, we've finally vindicated our basic premise, and made kailasa's troops viable. huzzah.

ubar is taking back his cap circle from tien chi.

fine okay good for you, the ebb and flow of other wars is good for us. only we get decisive victories, ideally.

we're moving peacekeeping forces into lanka, to prevent further violence in the wake of the war.

random events:

this one's a classic.

you win some, you lose some.

we're moving to incorporate southern ulm and leave ermor the cap. building a fort on our new throne, sitesearching, and teching up. we finally got our early war.

meanwhile:

looks like sauro's turning death gems into undead horsemen.

and agartha is making earth gems into trolls. perhaps the dumbest thing he could possibly do.

diplomacy:

talking to ermor:

talking to ermor1:10 AM] weedzmin: this was an incredible battle

[1:11 AM] weedzmin: the slingers killed the commander instantly but also berserked one of the river demons which beat the rest of the pd to death by itself
[10:52 AM] filthincarnate: :wow:
[10:52 AM] filthincarnate: can i get screenshots
[10:56 AM] weedzmin: probably
[10:57 AM] filthincarnate: for the sslp
[10:57 AM] filthincarnate: thank you
[10:57 AM] filthincarnate: :pray:
[10:57 AM] filthincarnate: also i just absolutely wiped ulm's stack with no survivors
[10:57 AM] weedzmin: I noticed that
[10:58 AM] weedzmin: celestial music's pretty good
[10:58 AM] filthincarnate: incredible........your ally works so hard on your behalf, and this is the thanks he receives
[10:58 AM] filthincarnate: makes u think
[10:58 AM] filthincarnate:
celestial music's pretty good
it's so good man
[10:58 AM] filthincarnate: and you can cast it on guys you recruit out of every fort
[10:59 AM] weedzmin: before

[10:59 AM] weedzmin: after

[10:59 AM] filthincarnate: :wow:
[10:59 AM] filthincarnate: owned
[11:00 AM] weedzmin: it was pretty funny

[11:01 AM] weedzmin: and then when they're all running away this dude also gets a sling bullet

[11:01 AM] weedzmin: which upsets him

[11:02 AM] filthincarnate: justifiably so
[11:02 AM] filthincarnate: tbf
[11:03 AM] weedzmin: +4 berserk really is quite a lot

[11:03 AM] weedzmin: the rest of the pd got him down to 10 hp before all dying
[11:05 AM] weedzmin: anyway I took ulm's one fort and their cap army broke out to presumably try and stop me taking the other one
[11:05 AM] weedzmin: using a force of 100 longdeads vs my very many priests i can't imagine that working
[11:05 AM] weedzmin: I somehow got the pope killed in the fort storm though, rip
[1:36 PM] filthincarnate: alas
[1:39 PM] filthincarnate: The Ballad of the Lonely Ogre

talking to ramc:
1:59 PM] Ramc: oh did you pick up any of the weird loot
[2:00 PM] Ramc: or was the greatsword of sharpness lost
[2:00 PM] Ramc: did you see the greatsword + blacksteel thug morale broke
[2:00 PM] Ramc: without even taking a swing
[2:02 PM] Ramc:

[2:03 PM] Ramc: then a guy ran up and kicked him in the head
[2:04 PM] filthincarnate: i was gonna ask
[2:04 PM] filthincarnate: about his fate
[2:04 PM] filthincarnate: did he die
[2:04 PM] filthincarnate: can you get the moment of his death also
[2:05 PM] filthincarnate: was it a kick that did him in, are you sure
[2:05 PM] Ramc: he got kicked once for mute
[2:05 PM] Ramc: then something else for 5 damage
[2:06 PM] Ramc: trueshot longbow guy
[2:06 PM] Ramc:

[2:07 PM] Ramc: got 2 shots off, killing monkies, then paralyzed
[2:07 PM] Ramc:
the headshot to greatsword

[2:08 PM] Ramc: then another guy falchions his arm, finishing him

[2:09 PM] Ramc: trueshot longbowman got obliterated for 33 damage while paralyzed

[2:37 PM] filthincarnate: gather 'round children
and i'll tell you a tale
of a wall that moved real quick
their arms were strong
their bodies were hale
it's the ballad of the flying brick

talking to lanka:
11:04 PM] filthincarnate: anyway i don't know if i've mentioned this but i'm doing my first-ever sslp, of this game
[11:04 PM] filthincarnate: do you have any remarks for your adoring fans?
[1:58 AM] Tekk: Hi, ill take a look shortly.
[1:59 AM] Tekk: As for "adoring fans" I suspect back to the drawing board for Lanka would be a suitable quote :-)
[2:41 PM] filthincarnate: all right, so i've taken the precaution of hiring a crew of mercenary peacekeepers, to take lankan land into protective custody if and when the time comes
[2:42 PM] filthincarnate: you can see them in my fort on 21 but they won't move out without your say-so
[2:43 PM] Tekk: Ah its fine go for it. I'm just trying to do some damage by getting the god back
[2:56 PM] filthincarnate: kk will do
[2:56 PM] filthincarnate: best of luck
****note: score!!!!*****

talking to ermor:
1:53 PM] filthincarnate: mmm
[3:02 PM] filthincarnate: hey do you want the fort in 99 back or can i have it
[3:20 PM] weedzmin: is that the one ulm took from me
[3:20 PM] filthincarnate: ya
[3:20 PM] weedzmin: you can have it if you leave me their cap
[3:20 PM] filthincarnate: :wow:
[3:20 PM] weedzmin: leads the way into TC eventually
[3:21 PM] filthincarnate: what if i take the cap and leave you the fort in 99 haha :eyes:
[3:21 PM] filthincarnate: i'm jk i'm not greedy
[3:21 PM] filthincarnate: this is your party anyway
[3:21 PM] filthincarnate: i'm just a guest

FilthIncarnate fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Jan 5, 2021

FilthIncarnate
Aug 13, 2007

Arcvasti posted:

you also want to do something for merrow druids. they're literally completely unusable for anything except for lab monkey work, and they're way too expensive for that.

FilthIncarnate
Aug 13, 2007

anyway it's turn 30 and we finally had one (1) major battle.

makes u think

rzal
Nov 8, 2007

FilthIncarnate posted:

t30

Ballad of the lonely ogre

Alexa play All Star by Smash Mouth

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Merrow druids are also available in some provinces as indie mages, and MA Ulm with any sort of underwater presence would kill for them.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

tell us why the throne is good in this context!!

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Every path to site search, lots of communion masters being able to cast spells Kailasa's mages wouldn't be able to cast, while having massable sacred communion slaves available.

Kobal2
Apr 29, 2019

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

tell us why the throne is good in this context!!

Big research boost and then the research mooks are communion slaves.

(also recruitable crystal matrix/slave matrix/S booster hammering wizzards, monkeys easily providing the hammers)

folytopo
Nov 5, 2013
The lore masters provided by the throne have the potential to have any path or path combination. Monkeys have only astral and nature on their non cap only sacreds and the added diversity will let the monkey armies be more tricky and handle a variety of threats better. The monkies can also build crystal matrixs which let any mage join into a communion. So even a mage with 1 in a path you want can be made to cast a particular spell that you would want as long as they are part of a communion.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

As implied by the name Throne of Knowledge both mage recruits you can get from it are very good researchers, in addition to lore masters having potentially any magic path. It is one of the best level 2 thrones you can get, in my opinion

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

rzal posted:

Alexa play All Star by Smash Mouth
Guru play more Marina

FilthIncarnate
Aug 13, 2007

folytopo posted:

The lore masters provided by the throne have the potential to have any path or path combination. Monkeys have only astral and nature on their non cap only sacreds and the added diversity will let the monkey armies be more tricky and handle a variety of threats better. The monkies can also build crystal matrixs which let any mage join into a communion. So even a mage with 1 in a path you want can be made to cast a particular spell that you would want as long as they are part of a communion.

it's this one

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Also, man read book.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

I'm still astonished that no one bothered me all game when I was doing basically nothing.

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

Tagichatn posted:

I'm still astonished that no one bothered me all game when I was doing basically nothing.

Were you maybe just too quiet in the discord to get any friendly advice pointing you down the road to self-annihilation?

FilthIncarnate
Aug 13, 2007

Tagichatn posted:

i really wanted to kill you but it never really made sense :shrug:

FilthIncarnate
Aug 13, 2007

turn 31

a quiet and straightforward turn.

found some magic sites. +1n, +1w. nice.

battlewise, our mercs clean up some lankan pd

and we moved to besiege an ulmish fort. our losses last turn mean we can't quite instacrack this fort but it'll be sieged down next turn.

for the rest of our turn we're sitesearching and building infrastructure. we've got 3 yogi factories online right now, and it'll be 4 next turn.

with conj5 and thaum6 we have all the battlemagic we need, for now. our next target is ench7 and we are sprinting. we want to get there fast.

meanwhile:

sauro seems to have bested yomi. good news for us; we want everyone else to fight endless hellwars. let's take a look.

yomi's army. looks like shikome are the intended engine here.

meanwhile sauro is fielding nonmagical cav. for example:

combat speed 26. aww, that's cute, we say, smugly.

another example. these units all have magical tattoos but the tattoo mechanic is poorly implemented so it will literally never matter, don't worry about it.

spooky cav, for october (it was october when i took this screenshot).

the cav crash directly into the shikome and slaughter them.

it isn't a complete rout but the shikome are unblessed which means they get no benefit from the luck bless, meaning they die in droves.

huh what's...what's that

oh wait oh poo poo this is yomi's PRETENDER

and this is an irreplaceable, though mediocre, national hero.

yomi's pretender is dead, this is huge (captured above at the moment of death (the floating 23)). luck is an incarnate bless, so if the pretender is dead none of yomi's sacreds get its benefits, blessed or not.

the fight ends up being pretty close, i bet it goes different if yomi's sacreds were blessed.

talking to lanka:
11:41 AM] filthincarnate: wow sauro just wiped a yomi army
[11:41 AM] Tekk: Good
[11:41 AM] Tekk: :-)
[11:41 AM] filthincarnate: yeah looks like 80 shikome and a bunch of mages
[11:42 AM] Tekk: Not sold on shikomes, their damage is pretty low. Decent thugs should eat them even with luck bless
[11:42 AM] Tekk: But what do I know, having been beaten up by Yomi :-)
[11:47 AM] filthincarnate: oh poo poo
[11:47 AM] filthincarnate: sauro killed yomi's PRETENDER
[11:48 AM] Tekk: Haha no more luck then :-)
[11:48 AM] Tekk: Shame I couldn't get him to intervene earlier, but then I would have waited too if the position had been reversed:-)
[11:50 AM] filthincarnate: no so
[11:50 AM] filthincarnate: what happened is
[11:50 AM] filthincarnate: yomi attacked sauro
[11:50 AM] filthincarnate: with the pretender i think to instabless everyone?
[11:50 AM] filthincarnate: but the fight happened outside of yomi dom
[11:51 AM] filthincarnate: so nobody got blessed
[11:51 AM] filthincarnate: and the sauro cav just slaughtered the naked shikome
[11:53 AM] filthincarnate: anyway you uh
[11:53 AM] filthincarnate: honestly?
[11:53 AM] filthincarnate: you could probably get your stuff back ow.
[11:53 AM] filthincarnate: now*
[11:53 AM] filthincarnate: ifand when your god rouses himself
[11:54 AM] filthincarnate: like this was a consequential turn
[11:55 AM] filthincarnate: is it your intention to at some point go ai or do you intend to rebuild your empire
[11:55 AM] Tekk: Yes im going to try
[11:55 AM] Tekk: I have never gone AI in any game ever
[11:55 AM] filthincarnate: alright then i'll move my mercs out
[11:55 AM] Tekk: I always play to the death
[11:55 AM] Tekk: or win
[11:55 AM] filthincarnate: :fist:
[11:55 AM] filthincarnate: happy hunting friend
[11:55 AM] Tekk: although the former out numbers the latter rather considerably :p
[11:56 AM] filthincarnate: that's usually the case yes

talking to marverni
12:00 PM] filthincarnate: how goes panwar
[12:00 PM] filthincarnate: or is that still going on
[12:01 PM] 🦍➡💀 DrBonertron: yeah its very slow paced
[12:01 PM] 🦍➡💀 DrBonertron: sauro and yomi are fighting it looks like
[12:01 PM] filthincarnate: yomi invaded lanka
[12:01 PM] filthincarnate: and went for the throat
[12:01 PM] filthincarnate: sieged the cap, provoked a big fight, killed their army and their god
[12:02 PM] filthincarnate: sauro invaded yomi from the other side
[12:02 PM] filthincarnate: yomi just uhhh
[12:02 PM] filthincarnate: got their pretender killed i think
[12:02 PM] 🦍➡💀 DrBonertron: nice gently caress yomi i hate yomi
[12:02 PM] filthincarnate: good
[12:02 PM] filthincarnate: yeah ermor is being invaded by tc
[12:02 PM] filthincarnate: but kicking their rear end
[12:02 PM] filthincarnate: so
[12:03 PM] filthincarnate: death to jbbm asia
[12:03 PM] 🦍➡💀 DrBonertron: also my scales suck and of course i spawned next to them so at least i dont have to worry so much
[12:03 PM] 🦍➡💀 DrBonertron: oh, pan moved in a bit more heavily this turn. thats okay
[12:04 PM] filthincarnate: it's weird you're still alive tbqh
[12:04 PM] filthincarnate: optimally played pan should kill mar
[12:04 PM] filthincarnate: v
[12:04 PM] filthincarnate: what's he fielding
[12:04 PM] filthincarnate: is it garbage
[12:04 PM] 🦍➡💀 DrBonertron: well, probably you're right
[12:04 PM] 🦍➡💀 DrBonertron: i have my hog production online though at this point
[12:04 PM] filthincarnate:
optimally played pan should kill mar
key word here being "optimally"
[12:04 PM] 🦍➡💀 DrBonertron: a bunch of luck blessed white centaurs
[12:05 PM] filthincarnate: hahaha
[12:05 PM] filthincarnate: no dryads?
[12:05 PM] 🦍➡💀 DrBonertron: not with the current army no
[12:05 PM] filthincarnate: jeez
[12:05 PM] filthincarnate: but is he seducing
[12:06 PM] filthincarnate: or assasinating you
[12:06 PM] 🦍➡💀 DrBonertron: no
[12:06 PM] filthincarnate: see
[12:06 PM] filthincarnate: he's bad clearly
[12:06 PM] 🦍➡💀 DrBonertron: its kind of a relaxing war tbh just kinda.. sitting there
12:06 PM] filthincarnate: weird
[12:07 PM] filthincarnate: i guess he's a newbie
[12:08 PM] 🦍➡💀 DrBonertron: i dont know. i dont think he really wanted to fight yet, but felt obligated to because i wound up in his cap circle accidentally
[12:08 PM] 🦍➡💀 DrBonertron: which is fine, because i didnt really want to fight until i had pigs
[12:08 PM] filthincarnate: did you two
[12:08 PM] filthincarnate: talk at all
[12:08 PM] 🦍➡💀 DrBonertron: no
[12:08 PM] 🦍➡💀 DrBonertron: lol
[12:09 PM] filthincarnate: i see
***note: well, i'm not going to interrupt these dorks while they're messing up*****
12:10 PM] 🦍➡💀 DrBonertron: you're the only person i've talked to in this game
[12:10 PM] 🦍➡💀 DrBonertron: which is weird

talking to yomi:
1:08 PM] filthincarnate: question
[1:08 PM] filthincarnate: were you trying to pretender-bless your stack out of friendly dom
[1:09 PM] Arcvasti: ...gently caress
[1:09 PM] filthincarnate: ah had you not seen the turn yet
[1:09 PM] filthincarnate: sorry!
1:10 PM] Arcvasti: I totally didn't notice that that wasn't friendly dominion
[1:10 PM] filthincarnate: well i was just trying to figure out what was going on
[1:10 PM] filthincarnate: and then i was like "wait is that his pretender
[1:10 PM] filthincarnate: "
[1:10 PM] filthincarnate: and it all clicked into place
[1:10 PM] Arcvasti: drat and I even caught that big stack
[1:11 PM] Arcvasti: probably would have destroyed them if the shikome had been all lucky
[1:11 PM] filthincarnate: you did some real damage too, battle problaby ya
[1:11 PM] filthincarnate: goes your way
[1:11 PM] filthincarnate: in that circumstance
[1:11 PM] Arcvasti: for some reason sauromatia has even worse scales then me though
[1:11 PM] filthincarnate: hellbless
[1:11 PM] filthincarnate: a weird one
[1:12 PM] filthincarnate: deeply weird, iirc
1:13 PM] Arcvasti: it's not even a hellbless
[1:13 PM] filthincarnate: it's like a dumb rainbow
[1:14 PM] Arcvasti: there must be some kind of imprisoned incarnate bless for the ghosts or something
[1:15 PM] filthincarnate:
yes, or-and hear me out-dominions players sometimes just do stuff that makes no sense
[1:15 PM] Arcvasti: I know lotham though, and they're a decent player
[1:15 PM] Arcvasti: this isn't their first time as sauromatia either
[1:17 PM] Arcvasti: there's gotta be some reason for turmoil 3 sloth 3 death 1, on a build that can afford ok scales with that bless
[1:17 PM] filthincarnate: v[''.]v you could always ask
[1:17 PM] filthincarnate: or i guess i could, when he wakes up
[1:17 PM] Arcvasti: sauromatia is also just absolutely enormous though
*****note: pretty sure we're significantly bigger than sauro at this point****
[1:18 PM] filthincarnate: i can't see too good
[1:18 PM] filthincarnate: how big is it
[1:18 PM] Arcvasti: my scouting is even worse then yours, but they border me along basically my entire eastern and southern sides
[1:18 PM] filthincarnate: ya that's fairly large
[1:18 PM] filthincarnate: it's not ermor big
[1:18 PM] filthincarnate: or tc big
[1:18 PM] filthincarnate: but pretty big
[1:19 PM] filthincarnate: fortunately ermor and tc are in hellwars
[1:19 PM] filthincarnate: with each other
[1:19 PM] Arcvasti: how's joule been going for you
[1:20 PM] Arcvasti: we still seem to have twelve players so far, which means you haven't yet murdered anyone
[1:21 PM] filthincarnate: why would i have murdered someone
[1:21 PM] filthincarnate: i am but a humble gem farmer
[1:22 PM] filthincarnate: it's fine, very chill
[1:22 PM] filthincarnate: i'm past the point where someone could rush me so v[''.]v
[1:22 PM] filthincarnate: mostly reading books now

in my defense i am in the *process* of murdering someone, they're just not quite dead yet.

anyway.

we'll turn these mercs around, we want to let lanka back in the game vs yomi. the longer the yomi/sauro/lanka war goes on, the better.

that's the turn.

FilthIncarnate
Aug 13, 2007

t32

another quiet turn.

the flying brick found a worthless magic site.

these guys suck.

anyway:

ermor and ubar are rolling up tc, boxing us out, but that's fine who cares.

meanwhile on ulm's cap he patrolled out one of our scouts. let's look at his cap stack:

ulm's pretender, too. looks like an ai stack to me, and, sure enough, my notes say:

"t32
ulm went ai, we're gonna take his poo poo now"

we cracked that ulmish fort and we're storming. the race is on, for ulm's poo poo.

just in time, too. currently our upkeep is high enough that we can't reliably recruit mages from all our forts each turn (in part because every turn we recruit our extremely expensive cap-only yaksha). we're sending in some mercenaries to roll up the now-ai ulm's territory.

that's it for us. we're still chugging towards ench7, which we require for the rest of our plans.

random event:

elsewhere in the world:

lanka got his god back, meaning his bless is back online. bad news for yomi, who will remain blessless until they can resummon their god.

*acdc's "back in black" blaring over the speakers*

with their bless back these kala-mukhas will make short work of yomi's guys, not looking good for him.

meanwhile:

unclear to me what pan is doing on my border but if he invades us we can just kill him. competent pan is scary but this guy is bad.

agartha's moving out his trolls, who knows why.

oh and ubar finally got back that fort ulm stole from him all those turns ago. looks like he's on the mend.

anyway that's the turn.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Wow nice job ignoring the VERY VALUABLE Abysian contribution to the war against TC by stealing a fat chunk of his core lands while everyone else is busy doing the hard work, and then cautiously sitting in a corner picking his nose until he's sure everyone else has taken the risks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

PurpleXVI posted:

Wow nice job ignoring the VERY VALUABLE Abysian contribution to the war against TC by stealing a fat chunk of his core lands while everyone else is busy doing the hard work, and then cautiously sitting in a corner picking his nose until he's sure everyone else has taken the risks.

At this point in the game who were you most actively plotting against?