Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
?
This poll is closed.
Yes 62 44.93%
No 76 55.07%
Total: 138 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Immanentized
Mar 17, 2009

shame on an IGA posted:

There's nothing wrong with the caesar cut and it's easy to defend because Zuck doesn't have one, I don't know WTF that is on his head but it ain't a caesar cut.

it's the later Imperial Cut. Augustus's whole deal was a return to "rule of law" and sobriety after the Julian takeover, and the following chaos, it was the executive cut of its era.

GJCaesar was a Roman equivalent of a hippie and let his curly locks grow a little longer. The bold counter-cultural experimenter even wore a frilly-rear end toga too, and just upset all the squares in the forum whenever he went out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

gently caress it if he wants to project anachronistic power styles at least the powdered wig look would actually suit his face

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
The only cut that would look nice on Zuck is a clean one through the neck.

:guillotine:

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Whole lotta chudfucks are going to show up in DC with illegal guns and accessories on the 6th, at a time when the DC police are going to be looking for all of the above.

https://twitter.com/ktbenner/status/1346233617358467079

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

facialimpediment posted:

Whole lotta chudfucks are going to show up in DC with illegal guns and accessories on the 6th, at a time when the DC police are going to be looking for all of the above.

https://twitter.com/ktbenner/status/1346233617358467079

I’m kind of wondering just how bonkers the 6th is going to be. Like if It’s going to play out more like after the election did, protests, but very limited violence in general, or something that is more violent then the PNW standard or worse with dipshits trying to storm the capital and getting in gun battles with capital police and DCNG.

That said as the above shows, they’re also extremely stupid. It’s like the guys doing flips and gymnastics in a Hamas or IS video, except these guys lack the dexterity for even stupid extremist tricks.

Also how does DC convictions/charges work in terms of relation to federal pardon powers? It’s a Federal District, but DC’s (and Congress) own laws. Is it just treated as a city-state or Federal?

Edit:

Oh that’s a good sign

https://twitter.com/houseinsession/status/1346239394596999169?s=21

Marshal Prolapse fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Jan 5, 2021

InAndOutBrennan
Dec 11, 2008
Julius had a bad case of male pattern baldness though. I might misremember but in typical Roman fashion his troops called him "hairy" to highlight the fact.

No info on Augustus hairline, not that related so might be a different story.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

I'm not counting Trump out until he leaves office. There is too much fuckery, and I don't think the stink of 2020 is washed off of the year yet.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

DC resident here. I’m personally conflicted about what to do on the 6th. I hate these fascists and want to confront the loving Brown Shirts; on the other hand poo poo could get out of hand real quick and I can’t take a chance on catching COVID in a holding cell given that I live in a building full of elderly and immunosuppressed people. I’m really hoping nothing happens but I feel like DC is going to be the next Portland or Denver or whatever.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

pantslesswithwolves posted:

DC resident here. I’m personally conflicted about what to do on the 6th. I hate these fascists and want to confront the loving Brown Shirts; on the other hand poo poo could get out of hand real quick and I can’t take a chance on catching COVID in a holding cell given that I live in a building full of elderly and immunosuppressed people. I’m really hoping nothing happens but I feel like DC is going to be the next Portland or Denver or whatever.

On the bright side the DCMPD may do it for you and kick their poo poo in. They don’t like the cops anymore and vice versa.

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

InAndOutBrennan posted:

Julius had a bad case of male pattern baldness though. I might misremember but in typical Roman fashion his troops called him "hairy" to highlight the fact.

No info on Augustus hairline, not that related so might be a different story.

He did, which is why he worked so hard to be able to wear laurels and the like, to hide his combover.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Yeah, let the cops deal with that poo poo. The cops wanna kick the poo poo out of someone then let it be chuds illegally packing. There's nothing ya'll qaeda can do that will improve their cause, they can only gently caress it all up, so let them do that all by themselves.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

I’m really hoping nothing happens but I feel like DC is going to be the next Portland or Denver or whatever.

My Hot Take That Might Get Proven Wrong: I doubt the chuds turn out in enough numbers. I think it will be like that other weekend in December where the numbers weren't there and a few dozen chudfucks got arrested. And if not, the chudfucks will turn on Metro PD hyper-quick and it won't end well for them.

I'm optimistic about that last part because nothing pisses off cops like turning against them. The DC Guard has already been called up for logistical support, so there should be plenty of LEOs all around if the chudfucks turn violent. And Portland was extremely overblown.

Chill at home.

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

You throw me the acorn, I throw you the whip!
https://www.politico.com/news/2021/01/04/dc-police-boebert-glock-capitol-454563

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah, my wife was concerned about chuds using firearms (we don’t live in DC mind you) and I simply pointed out that if they did MPD, Capital Police, and the DC National Guard will well defend themselves (with vastly larger arsenals)...and all the more reason not to go check it out.

Although a part of me thinksTrump wants that so he has an excuse to deploy the active duty military (since DC doesn’t require the insurrection act). I mean it won’t work to keep him in power. Brennan and Cato have discussed that along with martial law (fun fact: miners were generally the biggest reason for martial law iirc the chart Brennan did).

Honestly I’m surprised there is even a stink. I mean a DC carry permit isn’t as insane as it used to be, and also they’re a Congress person, who probably gets a hell of a lot of leeway in the permit process and the Capital exemption anyway (and no rule changes). It’s probably neither side wants to lose face after the Congressman said some something.

Edit: Oh she had a picture with it. Okay that makes more sense why DC MPD are interested.

Marshal Prolapse fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Jan 5, 2021

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

KirbyKhan posted:

Wait....

If that's canceled what will happen to Red Flag? Who's gonna play cops and robbers in the Nevada Utah airspace!?!

Red Flag will not be cancelled. Last spring they didn't even make the NATO participants stay home, so a bunch of them brought covid with them. Nothing will change except they'll limit the number of people in briefings.

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

"Boebert, who ran a gun-themed restaurant called Shooters before her bid for Congress, has made Second Amendment rights a centerpiece of her platform."

Hello I ran a gun themed hooters knock off restaurant. Elect me to run things.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Laranzu posted:

"Boebert, who ran a gun-themed restaurant called Shooters before her bid for Congress, has made Second Amendment rights a centerpiece of her platform."

Gun themed hooters knock off makes me thing of that bar from that Waco biker shootout.

Lake of Methane
Oct 29, 2011

Nah, this is a salted pork and green beans kind of restaurant with a cross on the wall made out of horseshoes and a bunch of merch. in another corner declaring a love for firearms and a readiness to "solve problems themselves" in Rifle, Colorado.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lake of Methane posted:

Nah, this is a salted pork and green beans kind of restaurant with a cross on the wall made out of horseshoes and a bunch of merch. in another corner declaring a love for firearms and a readiness to "solve problems themselves" in Rifle, Colorado.

Bleh, they found a way to make guns and boob references boring.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Wasn't hooters or some other breastaurant (ew) what pushed some of the 911 guys further over the edge or am I thinking of something else

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

https://twitter.com/ryangrim/status/1346275379691061250

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Godholio posted:

Red Flag will not be cancelled. Last spring they didn't even make the NATO participants stay home, so a bunch of them brought covid with them. Nothing will change except they'll limit the number of people in briefings.

More things change the more things stay the same. Thank God I'm out.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Lake of Methane posted:

Man the places you never expect to hear of ever again. I surveyed that town. It was tiny and sucked and the only reason i remember it was the name. Best hotel in the town was like a3 story hampton inn, normally they're 4.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I think it's crazy that we don't actually know what Julius Caesar looked like because there are zero confirmed busts of him. Augustus was vain as gently caress and there are statues or busts of him everywhere. None of ol' Gaius, though.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
What's Hannity going on about hiding joe biden in his basement bunker or is he projecting again

Stravag posted:

Man the places you never expect to hear of ever again. I surveyed that town. It was tiny and sucked and the only reason i remember it was the name. Best hotel in the town was like a3 story hampton inn, normally they're 4.

A town so bad one of the stories split

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Mr. Nice! posted:

I think it's crazy that we don't actually know what Julius Caesar looked like because there are zero confirmed busts of him. Augustus was vain as gently caress and there are statues or busts of him everywhere. None of ol' Gaius, though.

What do you have against the Tusculum portrait?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Is anyone watching Durr Fuhrer's rally for the cringe-worthy comedic value?

Milo and POTUS posted:

What's Hannity going on about hiding joe biden in his basement bunker or is he projecting again

A town so bad one of the stories split

He's probably trying to cover up for the fact that Trump has hardly been seen since the election and he can't handle big strong daddy being big weak pussy.

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

Lake of Methane posted:

The mayor of Kill, Ireland expressed a similar sentiment but a prominent citizen in an Australian town stated they preferred to solve their problems another way. The representative of Cockermouth was unable to respond for comment at the time we went to press.

Edit

Laranzu posted:

I guessed Guam, but Florida makes sense

piL fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Jan 5, 2021

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Platystemon posted:

What do you have against the Tusculum portrait?

For whatever reason, I thought there were some issues with it. Guess not!

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Zamujasa posted:

The only cut that would look nice on Zuck is a clean one through the neck.

:guillotine:

Cool it with this.

Spoggerific
May 28, 2009
Kelly Loeffler, one of the republican senators whose seat is up in the runoff elections, ran an ad on Facebook where the skin of her black opponent was artificially darkened to make him look more black.

https://www.salon.com/2021/01/04/kelly-loefflers-new-facebook-ad-darkens-skin-of-raphael-warnock-her-black-opponent/

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

This is hosed up no matter who it is.

Tenchrono
Jun 2, 2011

Rifle is definitely a town where you pass it on the 70 and wonder why its even there.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Boeberts' dumbass campaign ran her ads on the front range. Not even remotely her district, not on the ballot for any front range counties, still spent R money annoying the entire goddamn state with her Q bullshit and parading her "christian family values" that just make her look like an even bigger piece of poo poo. Like yeah, Jesus just had to be strapped when he was tipping merchant tables outside of the temple.

Sacrist65
Mar 24, 2007
Frunnkiss

Spoggerific posted:

Kelly Loeffler, one of the republican senators whose seat is up in the runoff elections, ran an ad on Facebook where the skin of her black opponent was artificially darkened to make him look more black.

https://www.salon.com/2021/01/04/kelly-loefflers-new-facebook-ad-darkens-skin-of-raphael-warnock-her-black-opponent/

Surely the voters of Georgia will not allow th........
https://twitter.com/ossoff/status/1287907702660829186

Surely this party will move past this behav...

Sacrist65
Mar 24, 2007
Frunnkiss

BIG DRYWALL MAN posted:

Rifle is definitely a town where you pass it on the 70 and wonder why its even there.

The "Fort Kickass" of the 1840s

MonkeyWash
Jan 14, 2005
Donkey Rinse

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Boeberts' dumbass campaign ran her ads on the front range. Not even remotely her district, not on the ballot for any front range counties, still spent R money annoying the entire goddamn state with her Q bullshit and parading her "christian family values" that just make her look like an even bigger piece of poo poo. Like yeah, Jesus just had to be strapped when he was tipping merchant tables outside of the temple.

"christian family values" like when her husband exposed himself to minors, these people are so loving gross.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Religion is such a loving grift.

Makes me want to start a business selling prayer rocks in a scripture and crucifix laden cardboard box, I'll even get internet ordained so I can bless the rocks for a substantial fee.

Get your prayer rocks* now! Only $29.95/kg**!

Free (parcel post) shipping!

* quarried sandstone

** lol americans knowing what a kg is.

E: apparently prayer rocks are already a thing, just not my interpretation. Gonna sell fossilized foot prints and claim it was from when Jesus roamed the earth on dinosaur backs.

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Jan 5, 2021

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Also a DC resident (well former in that I live in the burbs within the beltway but still go into the city on a near daily basis). I don't think things are going to get nearly as bad as Portland did. While Bowser sucks and the MPD really dropped the fuckin' ball last time around, I'm a little heartened that they actually arrested the shithead leader and from people I've talked to, I think people in DC that matter to Bowser (read, business/property owners) basically called her out for not doing anything last time and explicitly said they don't want another Portland to happen. Also helps that the incoming administration likely isn't going to tolerate this poo poo either.

I feel you on the wanting to stand up to these fuckheads, but ignoring them for now really is the best option.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Aaaaaaaaahahahahah

https://twitter.com/rollcall/status/1346473050078777356?s=19

Looks like Pence found his escape hatch to avoid declaring Biden president tomorrow/Thursday - exit stage right before the final statement has to be made!