Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

But they never memory hole The Bins from over 40 years ago. Why is that? (rhetorical question to which I wish I knew the answer!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Jel Shaker posted:

we’re blaming south africa now for the new varient , problem solved

Hate to tell you this but when they said SA...

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

https://twitter.com/MariaDelGreco1/status/1345724502982930432/photo/1

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Spreadsheet of 180 companies so far that can't / won't sell to the UK or are able to sell out of the UK because brexit / VAT / paperwork

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1yPEK0G_H8qN47ZNDaiyHBkIkmKgN7FWVmOKdLVTVMh8/edit#gid=0

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
oh no not yiffytoys

that West Midlands saddle company is the funniest one

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

I like Dharco Australia.

What about the Gigantic TIM TAMS DEAL!?!!

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Spreadsheet of 180 companies so far that can't / won't sell to the UK or are able to sell out of the UK because brexit / VAT / paperwork

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1yPEK0G_H8qN47ZNDaiyHBkIkmKgN7FWVmOKdLVTVMh8/edit#gid=0

lol that's not including the companies that have suspending selling to Northern Ireland from the rest of the UK - Amazon (food, drink and other random stuff), Argos, Disney, Halfords, John Lewis, M&S, The Range, Tu, Wayfair anything delivered by DPD, and hundreds of others.

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen
You can't come a-shopping now the Brexit is a-rocking.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

https://twitter.com/TigressEllie/status/1345735768313106434

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

lol

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Why did the brexiteers not think that it could go two ways?

At least I'm glad to see the Express firmly blaming Boris: "BORIS Johnson is failing to safeguard the livelihoods of UK fishermen currently unable to visit seas off the coast of Norway, Greenland etc"

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Britannia rules the waves

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
Less than 24 hours between the two, impressive.

HAMAS HATE BOAT
Jun 5, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCXTu5jE-Ng

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Breaking: people FURIOUS at things happening exactly as predicted, stay tuned for the president of the leopard face eating party giving an interview from the hospital

Swaegsthetics
Jul 8, 2013

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

one is dirty foreigners stealin all the fish, the other is bringing civilization to the arctic wog thru trade magics

simple as

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is
https://twitter.com/vincekearney/status/1346508472129564674

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
How long until some brit bombs the English channel becauae tesco is out of pickled fish teeth?

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
banging knife and fork on the table "cod war cod war cod war"

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

i doubt it'll lead to anything but 2021 starting with a literal cod war would rule

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Agean90 posted:

i doubt it'll lead to anything but 2021 starting with a literal cod war would rule

the irish have a good record against British boats though

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:
Iceland defeated the Anglo-German alliance last time. What chance does Britain stand alone, against a mightier foe?

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

i thought there was supposed to be adequate food???

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

Shear Modulus posted:

There's plenty of potatoes don't worry. Nothing else though.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Shear Modulus posted:

For Gove's undersea masters, when British sailors sink beneath the waves.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

gonadic io posted:

There's plenty of potatoes don't worry. Nothing else though.

(chuckles darkly in Irish)

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse
I wouldn't count on the potatoes, I think the Irish might be buying those.

EU's got plenty of, uh, turnips and beans though?

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Shear Modulus posted:

I'm sure there will be loads of scrag ends, tongue, and tripe to last us all.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Shear Modulus posted:

british eat obscene quantities of garbage like garbage americans except with the hundos of billions in corn and dairy subsidies and dereg beef to produce cheap mcdonalds red meats 24-oz steak n potatoes w ketchup to cram down their gullets each day after day and cheap gulf-coast and colonial alaskan mass-fishing to stock up red lobster for cheap seafood and without having a massively subsidized central valley and ogalla agricultural scene. now imagine if america lost all those things and still ate that quantity of garbage

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

obligatory

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sitNEVednCs

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse
Also no that's not a joke - potatoes are on the list of things the UK won't be getting easily, and they're not grown enough locally.

Beans, turnips and barley meanwhile are fairly easy. Oats also not a problem. Apples, though uncertain if they're the feed variety or the human variety, so they might be a lot sour. Wheat, in some amounts, especially for lower quality.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse
Ireland could fairly easily make sure Britain doesn't get potatoes.

There will be adequate food if you're willing to eat animal feed though.

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

endlessmonotony posted:

I wouldn't count on the potatoes, I think the Irish might be buying those.

EU's got plenty of, uh, turnips and beans though?

We're good for spuds, thanks. Ireland produces around 8x more food than it consumes nationally. We're the most food-secure nation in the world.

Even at the height of the famine Ireland was producing more than enough food to feed the entire population. But it was all being shipped to Britain under military protection, to feed the masses who had been forced to abandon the countryside to work in the new industrial towns.

#occupyrockall

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

10000 Sex Arses posted:

We're good for spuds, thanks. Ireland produces around 8x more food than it consumes nationally. We're the most food-secure nation in the world.

Even at the height of the famine Ireland was producing more than enough food to feed the entire population. But it was all being shipped to Britain under military protection, to feed the masses who had been forced to abandon the countryside to work in the new industrial towns.

#occupyrockall

I didn't say Ireland had a shortage of potatoes.

Just that EU-wide the total amount of potatoes is slightly short of normal supply, which is good news for anyone in the EU growing them. But it also means they're not nearly as profitable to export to Britain than, say, barley or low-quality apples.

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

Well, I guess we'll just have to eat the rich then. Does anyone have a good Rees-Mogg recipe?

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse
The joke does fall short when you dig into the statistics because why would Ireland be importing potatoes even for processing given their domestic production's already mostly sold as-is and you can buy that and skip the transport. Other than to create the scenario where the Brits can't get any potatoes.

Which might happen anyway because potatoes aren't exactly the best option for jumping through the new hoops.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

endlessmonotony posted:

The joke does fall short when you dig into the statistics because why would Ireland be importing potatoes even for processing given their domestic production's already mostly sold as-is and you can buy that and skip the transport. Other than to create the scenario where the Brits can't get any potatoes.

Which might happen anyway because potatoes aren't exactly the best option for jumping through the new hoops.

while Ireland was in the EU it could be logical to send potatoes there to be processed if they had all the processing facilities due to economies of scale and frictionless trade

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
what kind of boat is best for transporting potatoes from ireland to say somewhere up the bristol channel

not too many, maybe a ton or so per run

nothing too flashy or attention-grabbing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

hobbesmaster posted:

the irish have a good record against British boats though

In general or just one's carrying royals?