Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Iron Crowned posted:

:same:

Although I miss my monthly outing to the lovely mexican restaurant to get margaritas with my roommate. Last one was in March

my last outing was last january when I went to pax and ate out a bunch, I was trying to reign in the spending while covid hit...it's been home meals for a year, dominos every few months since they got the touchless delivery.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Iron Crowned posted:

:same:

Although I miss my monthly outing to the lovely mexican restaurant to get margaritas with my roommate. Last one was in March

drive-through daiquiri stands! checkmate, covid! :hellyeah:

A Perfect Twist
Aug 15, 2007

"What have I done? I'll have to start again. To forget and to disappear. I'll head north, far-north, to that big question mark, the Northern Territory"

uber_stoat posted:

weird to see dominos be so expensive as here in the states its the one i sometimes get only because they regularly slash the menu price in half so i can buy an obscene amount of pizza for a pittance.

In Australia, Dominos is the cheap pizza place. The pizzas aren't good but they are occassionally passable and cheap.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Chin Strap posted:

That and the Chongqing Fried Chicken which is like half cubes of fried chicken and half just cut up Sichuan peppers with slices of garlic throughout. Now I'm hungry for more.

My place does that ! I just tried it last week. I'd say it needs some sort of sauce, or at least my order did, but that had an insane hit of salt and heat. I killed the entree like it was an appetizer.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

this is just a laugh riot for me, LOL

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

uber_stoat posted:

weird to see dominos be so expensive as here in the states its the one i sometimes get only because they regularly slash the menu price in half so i can buy an obscene amount of pizza for a pittance.

What is- oh

Oh no

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
He could save you 15% or more on car insurance but he couldn't save himself.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

empty sea posted:

Beef heart is super delicious and cheap for the amount of meat you get after cleaning and portioning it. They are 4-5 pounds unprocessed and I had steak for an entire week from just one. I had grilled chicken hearts at Brazilian restaurant once and they were fantastic. I can't do a lot of chicken livers or gizzards because they are just so rich.
I used to live near a supermarket that sold fully trimmed and ready-to-cook chicken hearts and they were fantastic. Super cheap and delicious. But then they changed owners and you had to cut all the garbage off yourself and I just can't be bothered with that so I haven't eaten them since.

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset
It was a pretty daunting task to clean and trim a beef heart. I'm a vet tech so I'm kinda used to gross poo poo. It was half cool, half ugh gross until I had it sliced up and looking more like meat than a whole drat organ.

Honestly the time I got a beef tongue was far worse. The tongue was very loving exactly what you think it was, just a whole cow tongue with like grass stains still on it and everything. Stripping the skin off of it when it was done cooking was 10x worse than cutting the veins and fat off the heart.

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

I thought this was a chili cut in half... and then I saw what it truly was.

Sodium Chloride has a new favorite as of 19:33 on Jan 5, 2021

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

empty sea posted:

It was a pretty daunting task to clean and trim a beef heart. I'm a vet tech so I'm kinda used to gross poo poo. It was half cool, half ugh gross until I had it sliced up and looking more like meat than a whole drat organ.

Honestly the time I got a beef tongue was far worse. The tongue was very loving exactly what you think it was, just a whole cow tongue with like grass stains still on it and everything. Stripping the skin off of it when it was done cooking was 10x worse than cutting the veins and fat off the heart.

my problem with organ meat (aside from the blood taste i just find unpleasantly metallic/bitter) is when i try to prepare any of it, i get the sympathetic pains in the organ.

even little chicken hearts make my heart skip a beat when they get the chop.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

when you take your first bite
and a lizard's inside
that's anole

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Captainsalami posted:

Stories please

that looked like fishing... sorry about that. I meant it to be a throwaway but true line.

the closest my friend got to his general shittery was a then-friend who was trying to talk to a server there. Schnatter was also talking to her and ended up assaulting her.

allegedly. I mean, who can say whether this proven racist and anti-Obamacare semisentient shitstain would perform a crime for which he'd face no repercussions

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Empty Sandwich posted:

when you take your first bite
and a lizard's inside
that's anole

:emptyquote:

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

We ordered pizza from a Turkish place we hadn't tried before. Opening the boxes we thought they'd hosed up and sent 2 cheese pizzas. I was going to call to complain but my partner decided to eat a slice and discovered that the toppings were under the cheese. It kinda ruled, since each bite was a surprise - will it be pepperoni, will it be jalapeno? - and it seemed to lock in the flavours more. I'm probably going to try it the next time we make some homemade pizza.

None of the other middle-Eastern places round here that sell pizza prepare it this way so I'm guessing it's not a cultural thing and just an odd method used by that one place.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
i prefer crispy pepps so i dislike it when they do it that way, but i can understand the appeal.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

No pizza rules

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Always gently caress up pasta (a type of noodle, inferior to those found in Asia or Northern Europe but palatable) to make italians mad.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Always gently caress up pasta (a type of noodle, inferior to those found in Asia or Northern Europe but palatable) to make italians mad.

from what I gather, pasta is a cheap bullshit food in italy that they take for granted totally...we on the other hand charge exorbitant sums for "good" italian food, but it's really nothing special

so I say loving up noodles is like loving up a hotdog...does it really matter, it's all trash.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

LifeSunDeath posted:

from what I gather, pasta is a cheap bullshit food in italy that they take for granted totally...we on the other hand charge exorbitant sums for "good" italian food, but it's really nothing special

so I say loving up noodles is like loving up a hotdog...does it really matter, it's all trash.

Nah it may be cheap but they take it very seriously

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

LifeSunDeath posted:

Apparently hot dogs are a big thing in the Piedmont Triad.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Do you ever really gently caress up pasta, or do you gently caress up dressing the pasta?

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Lib and let die posted:

Do you ever really gently caress up pasta, or do you gently caress up dressing the pasta?

My grandmother would boil spaghetti for 20 minutes. :itwaspoo:

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

I sound myself with a dry noodle, let it moisten over the day of peeing around it....call it penne pasta

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Plain egg noodles was a common side dish in my house growing up. If I wanted to add flavor butter County Crock was offered.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

LifeSunDeath posted:

I sound myself with a dry noodle, let it moisten over the day of peeing around it....call it penne pasta

mods?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
It was a good day when we had some instant gravy to go with the plain egg noodles. The best usage was beef pieces with instant brown gravy. The yellow gravy was usually so bland it was barely a step up from butter

Goddamn do I hate powdered gravy.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Iron Crowned posted:

It was a good day when we had some instant gravy to go with the plain egg noodles. The best usage was beef pieces with instant brown gravy. The yellow gravy was usually so bland it was barely a step up from butter

Goddamn do I hate powdered gravy.

I participated in the Acme Monopoly game a couple years ago. All I won was 10 packs of powdered gravy, a bottle of aspirin, and a can of mushroom chunks. I gave away to a food bank.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

:hmmyes:

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I don't think it'd be good, but I would be compelled to eat it to confirm.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

SlothfulCobra posted:

I don't think it'd be good, but I would be compelled to eat it to confirm.

Cookies are technically pastries

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Lib and let die posted:

The guy I left in charge of the pasta while I nipped to the shop when I was a student and wanted to cook the house a quick meal before going out drinking definitely hosed up pasta

I think he'd just kept stirring it, like a risotto, well past the point of doneness, to the point it had formed a coagulated slimy starchy ball of mush

prick

10000 Sex Arses posted:

None of the other middle-Eastern places round here that sell pizza prepare it this way so I'm guessing it's not a cultural thing and just an odd method used by that one place.

Yeah it's the latter, actual Turkish pizza is called 'Pide' and looks like this:

it owns. get it if you have the chance

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Butterfly Valley posted:

The guy I left in charge of the pasta while I nipped to the shop when I was a student and wanted to cook the house a quick meal before going out drinking definitely hosed up pasta

I think he'd just kept stirring it, like a risotto, well past the point of doneness, to the point it had formed a coagulated slimy starchy ball of mush

prick

Yeah it's the latter, actual Turkish pizza is called 'Pide' and looks like this:

it owns. get it if you have the chance

omg that looks stupid good, I bet you dip it in something amazing too.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

uber_stoat posted:

i prefer crispy pepps so i dislike it when they do it that way, but i can understand the appeal.

I hate crispy pepperoni so much I thought I just didn't like pepperoni. Having it covered in cheese might work well for me.

When I was kid I used to order ask for linguica on my side of the pizza instead of pepperoni and it worked much better.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Tag yourselves. I'm Heep Sheep

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

A luxury sofa

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Beans, gentlemen

Worried