Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.

Boris Galerkin posted:

I’m really confused about archons and adeptuses(?). Are adeptuses archons? Are archons gods (as in actual deities) or are they “gods” like how Thor (in the MCU) is a “god” but he’s really just a person with powers?

It's sort of unclear exactly what the Adepti are except that they're beings who are more powerful and longer lived than regular humans, but aren't immortal. Humans were apparently able to become Adepti in the past according to in-game legend but this hasn't happened for a long time. Rex Lapis/Morax was both Adeptus and Archon, but none of the others are both.

Archons seem to lean more towards 'people with powers' than 'actual deities' but still are immensely powerful on a deity level. They're said to channel the divine power of Celestia using their Gnosis. It's known that it is possible somehow to become an Archon, but how is very unclear. It's probably related to the fact that any vision holder is capable of ascending to godhood and going to Celestia but that still seems distinct from being an Archon.

Thanks to those who gave me advice before. I'm looking at the spreadsheet now and I'm a little confused as to why it recommends Fillet Blade as the best 3* for Anemo Traveller as a Support? I would have thought Skyrider Sword might have been better for the Energy Recharge since it's the most important stat for Anemo Traveller, but does Fillet Blade's better attack work out to be better there?

lih fucked around with this message at 13:20 on Jan 5, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer

Boris Galerkin posted:

I’m really confused about archons and adeptuses(?). Are adeptuses archons? Are archons gods (as in actual deities) or are they “gods” like how Thor (in the MCU) is a “god” but he’s really just a person with powers?

Adepti are magical beings in general; Archons are entities claiming dominion of an element or domain. They're always archon 'of' something. God is a difficult term to define due to all the different interpretations of the term that various religions have had. As far as I can tell in the Genshinverse Archon and God is interchangeable and basically just means 'super-powerful' - the actual archonhood seems to be related to Celestia though via the gnosis.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

I'm not sure about Morax but Barbatos didn't start off as a human - originally he was a wind spirit

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

Qwertycoatl posted:

I'm not sure about Morax but Barbatos didn't start off as a human - originally he was a wind spirit
Edit:

Oh the tweet was deleted. but basically signs point to Morax being a geovishap hatchling originally.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Adepti and magical beings, which may be gods, and may also be vision holders..

Archons are the head of the seven nations as determined by the result of the Archon war, where everyone punched the poo poo out of each other. Only Barbados and Morax are left from those wars. The other have died or been supplanted. They have powers, but aren't necessarily adepti, but they never have visions because they don't need them.

Vision holders are people selected by the archons (the process can be opaque, even to the vision holders) to channel their respective elements. Everyone kinda has their own unique story about how they got their vision which you unlock through your friendship with them.

Humans can "ascend" to become adepti /gods, but the process is vague and nobody's done it in millennia.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
Thanks all. And the Traveler doesn’t in fact have a vision right? I thought he/she did cause IIRC something on her sleeves glowed blue in the first scene with Venti (before you knew who he was) but this recent event Albedo said she didn’t have one.

Speaking of Albedo, when he was talking to himself he suggested him and the traveler were of similar background? I took that to mean he’s also not from this world or doesn’t have a vision either? Do we get more on that?

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.

Boris Galerkin posted:

Thanks all. And the Traveler doesn’t in fact have a vision right? I thought he/she did cause IIRC something on her sleeves glowed blue in the first scene with Venti (before you knew who he was) but this recent event Albedo said she didn’t have one.

Speaking of Albedo, when he was talking to himself he suggested him and the traveler were of similar background? I took that to mean he’s also not from this world or doesn’t have a vision either? Do we get more on that?

It's very heavily implied that Albedo is a homunculus (an artificial lifeform created by the master he mentions) so I think he's just relating to the traveler as someone of a similarly unusual background

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

lih posted:

It's very heavily implied that Albedo is a homunculus (an artificial lifeform created by the master he mentions) so I think he's just relating to the traveler as someone of a similarly unusual background

Yeah, they were kinda overly vague about it, imo. Gotta dole out some nuggets of info.

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer

lih posted:

I mean they just straight up tell you https://genshin-impact.fandom.com/wiki/Homuncular_Nature

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006

Boris Galerkin posted:

if you have any familiarity with Chinese fantasy the adepti are basically high level cultivators, humans/animals/various beings who have attained immortality and magic powers through enlightenment.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
I thought Archon were Adepti that had an epiphany (contemplation for Zhongli, or through tragedy with Venti).

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Only piece of gear that I saw and immediately told myself to get to +20, absolutely insane and its the only gold FW feather Ive gotten to drop so far.

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy
I have the voice track in Chinese and I think they're borrowing mythology from the countries of inspiration. The concept of the Adepti (which I couldn't figure out what they were either until I switched tracks and they used a term I was familiar with) is that they are living creatures who become divine through training, karma, etc. And it takes like, millennia but then they are divine and have powers. It's the original xp grind. And it's a Chinese fantasy concept.

Venti, on the other hand, was a wind spirit. And there doesn't seem to be any adepti outside of Liyue.

So I think archons become archons somehow and being a mystical being helps but might not be required.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I just did Golden House for the first time without a shield character and holy crap do not do that. Yes the last version shits damage but that dude just shits damage in general. Think I lost my first character in under ten seconds and then lost my second between opening up the food menu and closing it.

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

kater posted:

I just did Golden House for the first time without a shield character and holy crap do not do that. Yes the last version shits damage but that dude just shits damage in general. Think I lost my first character in under ten seconds and then lost my second between opening up the food menu and closing it.

For me the archer form is pretty doable in all party configurations, but the absolute bullshit of the zippy lightning form is just so aggravating. Sometimes he'll just fold like a chump, sometimes he OHKOs half my team by chainstunning them with dashes and followups. The final form is meh again if you hug its ankles like a proper souls boss.

Pope Urbane II
Nov 25, 2012

ExtrudeAlongCurve posted:

I have the voice track in Chinese and I think they're borrowing mythology from the countries of inspiration. The concept of the Adepti (which I couldn't figure out what they were either until I switched tracks and they used a term I was familiar with) is that they are living creatures who become divine through training, karma, etc. And it takes like, millennia but then they are divine and have powers. It's the original xp grind. And it's a Chinese fantasy concept.

Venti, on the other hand, was a wind spirit. And there doesn't seem to be any adepti outside of Liyue.

So I think archons become archons somehow and being a mystical being helps but might not be required.

My head canon is that the Tsaritsa is an ascended cryo whopperflower, which is why the Fatui are such a massive pain in the rear end.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

kater posted:

Just play like Dark Souls and iframe dodge everything. I actually find the last form much easier than the first 2 because at least to me it seems like the patterns and tells are much more predictable. It and the wolf were tough for me until running it enough times to figure out the moveset.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Jan 5, 2021

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Childe has 70% resistance to hydro in his first form, 70% resistance to electro in his second form, and 70% resistance to both hydro and electro in his third form. There is nothing in-game that will tell you this.

Pope Urbane II
Nov 25, 2012

kater posted:

You can stunlock the first form with charge attacks. Jean is especially good at clowning that stage of the fight.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

does somebody have the semi-effortpost handy with the order to be doing things properly w/r/t leveling characters vs weapons and stuff?

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

No Wave posted:

Childe has 70% resistance to hydro in his first form, 70% resistance to electro in his second form, and 70% resistance to both hydro and electro in his third form. There is nothing in-game that will tell you this.

I mean, I just assumed this to be the case without looking it up, everyone else is either immune or resistant to their element right?

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013

No Wave posted:

This explains much

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Pope Urbane II posted:

You can stunlock the first form with charge attacks. Jean is especially good at clowning that stage of the fight.

First two stages actually. Both her charge attack and low cooldown e stagger him as long as he doesnt have his shield up.

And although he's resistant to water/electricity I only need XQ to make him wet and then Klee chunks him

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

early on i always had trouble with the big knockback swipe his first form does, it would nuke my XQ even with a +20 flower and incidental hp% subs

but in general his first two forms are fragile so long as you're doing some accounting for resistance, they drop easy and the third form is much easier to dodge

Pope Urbane II
Nov 25, 2012

Cao Ni Ma posted:

First two stages actually. Both her charge attack and low cooldown e stagger him as long as he doesnt have his shield up.

And although he's resistant to water/electricity I only need XQ to make him wet and then Klee chunks him

TIL. I usually just nuke that form with my bursts built up from Jean, so it hadn't come up.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Like its not even a matter of dodging or whatever, the boyo just does like 8k dmg a hit and I was fukkin disintegrated. I'll take some shields over whatever the gently caress I was trying to do anytime. It's even a boss that Albedo's flower can survive on!

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Which are the easiest and quickest artifact domains?

The one that's just three abyss mages goes pretty quick.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

kater posted:

Like its not even a matter of dodging or whatever, the boyo just does like 8k dmg a hit and I was fukkin disintegrated. I'll take some shields over whatever the gently caress I was trying to do anytime. It's even a boss that Albedo's flower can survive on!

Does the flower have any HP or does it die on contact with any enemy hit? I noticed mine disappearing pretty quick in the cryovine boss fight

Pope Urbane II
Nov 25, 2012

Heran Bago posted:

Which are the easiest and quickest artifact domains?

The one that's just three abyss mages goes pretty quick.

VV domain is easy as hell with any character that wants VV.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

LorneReams posted:

I thought Archon were Adepti that had an epiphany (contemplation for Zhongli, or through tragedy with Venti).

They never quite spell it out for Venti or his predecessor. Or the other gods besides Morax.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

zgrowler2 posted:

Does the flower have any HP or does it die on contact with any enemy hit? I noticed mine disappearing pretty quick in the cryovine boss fight

Its got the same problems other geo constructs have on bosses in that it will disappear if you try to spawn it too close to the bosses hitbox because geo just has to be the problem child. AoE in general seems to have a high chance of destroying it too. I brought Albedo to Andrius this week and boy let me tell you, that didn’t work like I wanted it to.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

Bussamove posted:

Its got the same problems other geo constructs have on bosses in that it will disappear if you try to spawn it too close to the bosses hitbox because geo just has to be the problem child. AoE in general seems to have a high chance of destroying it too. I brought Albedo to Andrius this week and boy let me tell you, that didn’t work like I wanted it to.

Yeah, I noticed the spawning issue with the cryovine boss. You kinda have to sweetspot it and then burst the boss down before a long-distance attack breaks the construct. Works great if you can keep it up, though. I hope they make constructs more resilient in 1.3

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

For added fun you have to be careful with Ning screens around his blossom too because dropping them too close to it will insta-break them. Geo! :v:

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

What the fuuuuuuuck

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

kater posted:

Well you can beat that boss with a non-dps barbara since he has no timer and has no 100%-hit attack. It's all about dodging unless you can deal a great deal of damage yourself. His attack pattern stays simple so as long as you don't get hit by him.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Bussamove posted:

For added fun you have to be careful with Ning screens around his blossom too because dropping them too close to it will insta-break them. Geo! :v:
Isn't insta-breaking your jade screen a good thing?

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

No Wave posted:

Isn't insta-breaking your jade screen a good thing?

If I’m generating energy with it yes. If I’m firing off a burst but didn’t notice I was too close or want to reapply the geo damage bonus from walking through it no.

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe

Flair posted:

Well you can beat that boss with a non-dps barbara since he has no timer and has no 100%-hit attack. It's all about dodging unless you can deal a great deal of damage yourself. His attack pattern stays simple so as long as you don't get hit by him.
Yep. First few times I killed him was just dropping Oz and Guoba with Barb's heal running while trying to watch, learn, and dodge his attacks.

Pope Urbane II
Nov 25, 2012

ninjoatse.cx posted:

They never quite spell it out for Venti or his predecessor. Or the other gods besides Morax.

In Venti's story quest they're pretty explicit that Venti was a little wind sprite with a bard friend who died deposing the storm archon. Venti took his dead friend's form when he ascended to being an archon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

LorneReams posted:

Archons are just god-kings. The reason Morax is an archon and his salt-goddess wife isn't (despite both being gods) is that Morax fought in the archon wars, killed lotsa dudes, and claimed rulership over Liyue.

Similarly, Barbatos became an archon when he helped lead a people's uprising to seize power from Decarabian, the previous Anemo Archon (aka God-King of Monstadt).