Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.

Skwirl posted:

Is it gay to want to sleep with Brie Larson?

She's got style
She's got grace
And she'll punch you in the face

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
How many times now have we seen tweets that boil down to "is it gay to be attracted to the opposite sex?"

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

Bismuth posted:

How many times now have we seen tweets that boil down to "is it gay to be attracted to the opposite sex?"

That's pretty overused, I'm waiting for "is it gay to love yourself?"

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Ensign Expendable posted:

Interesting that I've seen "its gay to wash your rear end" but not so much "its gay to jack off", rubbing a wiener seems much gayer to me than general hygiene

OhAreThey
Oct 12, 2012

I like your nurse's uniform, guy.

You think any of these clowns actually love themselves?

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

Bismuth posted:

Interesting that I've seen "its gay to wash your rear end" but not so much "its gay to jack off", rubbing a wiener seems much gayer to me than general hygiene

I'm willing to bet there's a significant portion of Nofap weirds who argue this.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Bismuth posted:

I haven't even seen "it's gay to shave your pubes" which you'd think would be a slam dunk for those weirdos

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/MonicaLewinsky/status/1345875168762052609

Monica's not the idiot but the replies are full of them.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Bismuth posted:

That's why whenever I jack off I close my eyes and imagine it's another dude's hand down there

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

https://twitter.com/americanwombat/status/1346346074617782272

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
Unless its a female superhero, they're allowed to be unnaturally strong without being unnaturally muscular because nerds/artists would have a harder time whacking it to them

Ailumao
Nov 4, 2004

it's nice to see people who have never seen anime, where skinny 14 year olds are the strongest people.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Zesty posted:

Which context is it okay to throw the N Word around? How many ironic "The Jews" jokes until it's obvious that it was never ironic?

irony isnt real so 0.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

I hope so, because then I can finally be gay and do crime.

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

snergle posted:

irony isnt real so 0.

It's not even people taking the tweets "out of context" or editing them to sound worse, they're quotes. If I saw those tweets in 2011 or 2013 or whatever, I would've been confused why the MBMBaM theme guy was being anti-Semitic or using the n-word. If I saw the whole conversation, they would still seem in poor taste. He was mature and smart enough to make less uncouth jokes, but he didn't. If they were so innocent and explainable, he wouldn't have deleted his Twitter twice. :shrug:

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

It's very easy to be racist without using the N-Word. My dad does it all the time. Just as you can be anti-Semitic without having to use "the jews did this" as the punchline to every joke.

Therefore the people who do both of those things are either 1)proud of their racism and want to make sure everybody knows just how racist they are, or 2)being performatively edgy, and feeding off the negative reactions like "I am just too far out for you to take, your rules could never hold someone as tough and cool as me". Or sometimes bits and pieces of both.

Neither of which are people you should want to encourage or associate with. So I am very comfortable with branding those that do these things arseholes of the highest order.

I mean seriously people, it's just a word. You know it makes other people feel bad so just stop using this one word. Is your vocabulary so small that the loss of one slur will render you mute? There are plenty of other words you can use to make people feel bad that don't have the hateful baggage.

I truly can't understand people who continue to, and will defend using words such as the N word, and others like it.

Dear Prudence
Sep 3, 2012

Bean dad issued an apology.
http://www.johnroderick.com/an-apology

quote:

I deactivated my Twitter yesterday in a panic. I had to reflect on what I’d done and the hurt I’d caused and my mind was clouded by an unprecedented flow of new information. I want to acknowledge and make amends for the injuries I caused. I have many things to atone for. My parenting story’s insensitivity and the legacy of hurtful language in my past are both profound failures. I want to confront them directly...

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
I mean it's definitely not as bad as "to any snowflakes who might've been offended by my hilarious comedy" like most apologies tend to be, but there's a real revelatory aspect to it, like he had no idea saying slurs was wrong until today.

Dear Prudence
Sep 3, 2012

Vib Rib posted:

I mean it's definitely not as bad as "to any snowflakes who might've been offended by my hilarious comedy" like most apologies tend to be, but there's a real revelatory aspect to it, like he had no idea saying slurs was wrong until today.

Well he does say it was pointed out to him years ago and he stopped. I don't have the screenshot and I'm too lazy to look. How long ago was his last slur filled tweet?

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
God I feel positively horrid for that daughter.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Dear Prudence posted:

Well he does say it was pointed out to him years ago and he stopped. I don't have the screenshot and I'm too lazy to look. How long ago was his last slur filled tweet?
The most recent one I've seen is 2016, but it seemed more common going through 2011-2013.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Vib Rib posted:

He'd never realised he could get life-affecting pushback for it until today. Now all his meal tickets are cutting him loose the light is starting to dawn.

Blackula Vs. Tarantula
Jul 6, 2005

😤I am NOT Captain_Redbeard🧔
It's a good apology. He said all the things he was supposed to, and his narrative of only saying those things to mock people who believe them, and stopping when he realized that's still in appropriate, is believable. As a teenager I would sometimes joke like that, (well not exactly like that) thinking I was ridiculing racism, and it took meeting racists (and realizing who among my friends was a racist) to realize that didn't work.

And I still don't buy it. In my edgy humor phase I believed the context of my racism made it clear I was joking. How could anyone believe that about twitter, a context which never makes anyone's intentions clear? And, if he came to this revelation earlier than this year, why wouldn't he delete those old tweets? Was he unaware people could still see them? I guess time will tell if he is serious about making amends, but supporting Israel is not enough to do that.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
Couple pages back but I like that Lottery of Babylon is back because they sometimes slip random asides and actual responses into their copypasted screeds.

and I think someone said they post like a regular poster outside of PYF

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Bismuth posted:

Unless its a female superhero, they're allowed to be unnaturally strong without being unnaturally muscular because nerds/artists would have a harder time whacking it to them

You underestimate people.

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

xtal posted:

Are you sure you aren't thinking of that Seinfeld episode?

I have never watched Seinfeld and the guy in question said this while we were at the pub :/

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

“...my mind was clouded by an unprecedented flow of new...”

Even in his apology he can’t refrain from being a wordy prick lol.

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

CharlestheHammer posted:

I don’t know why so many people seem to defend anti Jewish sentiment as long as you veil it in some irony.

No one would put up with that poo poo constantly happening in real life but online it’s fine

at my previous job, which i quit in April of 2020, a coworker made jokes every single day about "the Jews" and, additionally, this man would openly identify himself as being antisemitic using that exact loving word on purpose to describe himself, and people in real life and online have repeatedly told me that im overreacting by calling the man antisemitic myself

so anyways people do put up with it irl and i have to believe the issue is that antisemitism is incredibly widespread like to a degree that's absolutely terrifying bc everybody is just fine with it tbh

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Unfortunately no screenshot as the person in question blocked me for daring to question him, and Facebook thus removed my ability to see the thread, but yesterday I dealt with a mutual fan of our local hockey team - Florida Panthers - who refused to understand why nicknaming a new player who happens to be a POC ‘Black Panther’ and shouting ‘Wakanda Forever’ in his posts is a bad thing. Of course I got called a snowflake before he blocked me.

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

ultrafilter posted:

https://twitter.com/MonicaLewinsky/status/1345875168762052609

Monica's not the idiot but the replies are full of them.

https://twitter.com/PaulSmithATD/status/1345907657723555841

keeping things in context is just like what Trump does!!!

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/lauraw97_/status/1346193080203014146

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

When you tweet is so stupid you delete your account

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
This just reminds me of all the broken TV Tropes people who dissect up the elements of entertainment to the point they have pages for poo poo like "Adult Fear". I'm not sure what to blame for this inability to process media.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

ilmucche posted:

Couple pages back but I like that Lottery of Babylon is back because they sometimes slip random asides and actual responses into their copypasted screeds.

and I think someone said they post like a regular poster outside of PYF

Don’t know about LoB but I definitely caught Saddest Rhino posting normally in another sub forum

Oddhair
Mar 21, 2004

I have heard that other semi-famous shitposters post in a different voice in other subforums, too, maybe we're little a IOSM, as a treat.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

Punkin Spunkin posted:

This just reminds me of all the broken TV Tropes people who dissect up the elements of entertainment to the point they have pages for poo poo like "Adult Fear". I'm not sure what to blame for this inability to process media.

It's entitled brainworms.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Lol “adult fear”

This Is the Zodiac
Feb 4, 2003

Sagebrush posted:

out of curiosity have these people tried making, like, synthetic urine? just buy a bunch of bulk urea crystals from a farm supply and mix it up and spray that all over themselves instead? or do you need that certain je ne sais quoi that only comes from authentic bladder-aged small-batch pee
This is absolutely something that exists and that you can buy at sketchy-rear end convenience stores and sex shops. It's usually marketed as "fetish urine" i.e. a sterile substitute for the real thing for safe piss play, and there are probably people that use it for that, but there are a whole lot more people who

xtal posted:

had to pass a drug test

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

Lol “adult fear”

What? Like... thing you're afraid of after you become an adult? I.. but..

I withdraw by incredulity and have no follow up questions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

Cocaine Bear posted:

What? Like... thing you're afraid of after you become an adult? I.. but..

I withdraw by incredulity and have no follow up questions

That's exactly what it is. It needs its own category.

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/AdultFear posted:

Adult Fears are about the things mature, well-adjusted adults generally are concerned about, as opposed to supernatural, petty, or far-fetched fears: the safety of their children, the safety of their neighborhood, the fidelity of their spouse, the loyalty of their friends and coworkers, the health of themselves and their family, being able to pay their bills, etc. To an adult (especially paranoid fathers), children being preyed upon by paedophiles or sociopaths can be scarier than children being preyed upon by a Xenomorph. To be scared about a fictional monster requires artistic application of the Rule of Scary and a Willing Suspension of Disbelief from the audience, but to be scared about the Death of a Child simply requires enough absence of childhood innocence to be aware of the reality that this (God forbid) can actually happen.