Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Sorry FloorCake, your nickname has already been sealed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

The sad thing is that classic Letterman was some glorious subversive and weird poo poo but he was allegedly a gigantic piece of poo poo, but he apparently* mellowed out a ton once he was older but the show was missing a lot of that early spark. That said, I did enjoy when he'd just sit back and start talking about the weirdness of being on the comedy scene in the 70s and early 80s.

* You know, apart from cheating on his wife and banging a bunch of younger women including one of his interns that he would regularly feature as a character on his show, whose boyfriend then tried to blackmail him leading him to him admitting he was a serial cheater during one of his shows.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Vince MechMahon posted:

I get serious Elaine Benes vibes from her.

Which is weird because I saw Elaine Benes wrestle Thunder Rosa in AEW a few weeks ago.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

https://twitter.com/AliWWE/status/1346355760859648002

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

I honestly thought it was gonna be a satirical piece with a wacky headline, but...

Pro-Wrestling scoopsman Brad Shepard posted:

Oh my God Becky, look at her butt. Throughout history, anacondas don’t want none unless you’ve got buns, hon. But which women have the best buns in WWE – I recently set out on a very difficult mission to figure this out.

The research was intense. Some may even say it was hard. I went back and forth – mostly back. Ultimately, I was determined to deliver the juicy booty goods to our loyal audience.

So, what makes a good rear end? It shouldbe shapely and reasonably proportionate – it can’t be flat. Pancake rear end is areal thing, and there are support groups for it – or at least there should be.It also can’t be fat, but it can be phat.

There are five basic booty shapes;the square butt, the round butt, the pear butt, the inverted butt and the ‘babygot back’ butt.

Now that you understand the methodto my madness a little better, here are the five best butts on femaleSuperstars in WWE today, as I rated them:

:chloe:

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

:bigwhat:

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

dsriggs posted:

I honestly thought it was gonna be a satirical piece with a wacky headline, but...

oh my god no

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Change out the wrestler names and that would be right at home on Lords of Pain in 1999.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

https://twitter.com/fightfulwrestle/status/1346417402196750336?s=21

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

dsriggs posted:

This is honestly amazing in that it starts extremely dire and then somehow just manages to sink further and further down.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Nipponophile posted:

Feeling real old right now listening to people talking about "classic Letterman" then posting a bunch of clips from his CBS show.

You and me both, buddy. :corsair:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-FeeOMzbys&t=598s

Jerusalem posted:

The sad thing is that classic Letterman was some glorious subversive and weird poo poo but he was allegedly a gigantic piece of poo poo, but he apparently* mellowed out a ton once he was older but the show was missing a lot of that early spark. That said, I did enjoy when he'd just sit back and start talking about the weirdness of being on the comedy scene in the 70s and early 80s.

* You know, apart from cheating on his wife and banging a bunch of younger women including one of his interns that he would regularly feature as a character on his show, whose boyfriend then tried to blackmail him leading him to him admitting he was a serial cheater during one of his shows.

If it helps, from interviews I've read in more recent years, Dave's two biggest strides in terms of personal progression were becoming a father and subsequently repenting of his rear end in a top hat ways (three strides, if you count growing a giant beard). I don't have a link handy but there was an article a while back that was written by a lady who used to write for his show, and I think she'd written a previous article detailing how she'd been discriminated against on the show (either explicitly or implicitly) in favor of the male writers. IIRC, Dave read the previous article, called her up to arrange a meeting, and then) as she detailed in the newer article) profusely apologized for how she'd been treated during her time on the show. Granted, that doesn't cover every lovely thing he did in the past, but it does sound like he's realized just how terrible a person he had a tendency to be during the height of his fame, which is way more personal soul-searching than a lot of famous people tend to do.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Ali's post was spurred by this (really just linking for the video):

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheBradShepard/status/1346319496408137728

Surprised they even let Ali say any of this and then posted on their Twitter page to be honest.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Ali shootin

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
It's not all that dissimilar to the pipebomb

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

mooseinfants posted:

It's not all that dissimilar to the pipebomb

the difference being it's coming from the head of the biggest loving failure of a faction in recent memory so it's less cool than when CM Punk did it

Stealth Tiger
Nov 14, 2009

Dave Letterman's "Will if Float?" segment was the first time I realized it was legal to just gently caress around with ideas that were actually hilarious even if they were weird nonsense.

Also, youtube clips of Rodney Dangerfield on Johnny Carson rule

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrFgD9-l390

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Stealth Tiger posted:

Also, youtube clips of Rodney Dangerfield on Johnny Carson rule

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrFgD9-l390

They absolutely do, as does this clip

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5_V9RT8aR8

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Stealth Tiger posted:

Dave Letterman's "Will if Float?" segment was the first time I realized it was legal to just gently caress around with ideas that were actually hilarious even if they were weird nonsense.

"Is it Anything?" was also good for this. They'd just bring people out to do some weird poo poo and then Letterman and Paul would ponder if this was, in fact, anything. Often it was not.

Some of his recurring characters were so much fun. Biff Henderson's bits were often good but my favorite was the time he just came out on stage shirtless and smoking a cigarette to show his family around the stage like he had no idea there was actually a show being taped.

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Jan 5, 2021

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

DLC Inc posted:

the difference being it's coming from the head of the biggest loving failure of a faction in recent memory so it's less cool than when CM Punk did it

To be fair, Punk was the leader of the New Nexus at the time

A Salty Affair
Oct 9, 2012

Further proof that wrestling fans are one of the absolute worst fandoms

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

A Salty Affair posted:

The day I’m in someone’s replies heated about some wrestling thing is the day I reassess my priorities.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

A Salty Affair posted:

Star Wars super fans are way worse.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Shard posted:

Star Wars super fans are way worse.

hard disagree

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I'll give you this, it's like finding the degree of worse between a gunshot and knife stab. They all suck.

Frankly the moment you live your life by a label like "gamer" or "fan" then you're getting in a dangerous place

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Shard posted:

I'll give you this, it's like finding the degree of worse between a gunshot and knife stab. They all suck.

Frankly the moment you live your life by a label like "gamer" or "fan" then you're getting in a dangerous place

I am a gamer not because I have one life but because I have many...

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Fandoms are bad

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Gamers wrestling fans rise UP!!

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Shinjobi posted:

Gamers wrestling fans rise UP!!
WWE literally already did that, I think before Gamers Rise Up was even a thing (STAND UP FOR THE WWE)

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

RealFoxy posted:

WWE literally already did that, I think before Gamers Rise Up was even a thing (STAND UP FOR THE WWE)

And it was done in tandem with one of Linda's Senate campaigns, so it was super gross.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
You mentioning Linda's senate campaign reminded me of:

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Dangerous Person posted:

Fandoms are bad

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Dangerous Person posted:

Femdoms are good

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

:chast2b:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

https://twitter.com/vickieguerrero/status/1346620641177427968?s=21

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the tweet she's responding to isn't as obviously false as it seems because it's from when she had returned to wwe a couple years ago but good on anybody for calling out made up scoops

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I haven't watched the video linked but apparently she did talk about this 3 years ago? I'm not surprised someone would forget what was probably an off the cuff comment.

This person is still tweeting in an extremely annoying and needlessly combative voice.

https://twitter.com/StephJosephson/status/1346626316938997762?s=20

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Ganso Bomb posted:

I haven't watched the video linked but apparently she did talk about this 3 years ago? I'm not surprised someone would forget what was probably an off the cuff comment.

This person is still tweeting in an extremely annoying and needlessly combative voice.

https://twitter.com/StephJosephson/status/1346626316938997762?s=20

extremely annoying and needlessly combative is the twitter voice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

That interview and tweet is from the summer of 2018, why would it come up now?