Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
Why do americans have such big hangups over eating pizza with utensils. I mean they do that in Italy and I can't really say there's a higher authority on pizza, aside from turkish immigrants running swedish pizzerias.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

tetsuo posted:

they cut it but there's also usually silverware on the tables so people can self identify as big dumb babies.

They also server other things than just straight pizza, usually.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

His Divine Shadow posted:

Why do americans have such big hangups over eating pizza with utensils. I mean they do that in Italy and I can't really say there's a higher authority on pizza, aside from turkish immigrants running swedish pizzerias.

There is no higher authority than Americans on Pizza. None. Nada. Zip.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
Fork and knife lmao ur banned

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255

I almost always eat my pizza with a fork.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

ninjoatse.cx posted:

There is no higher authority than Americans on Pizza. None. Nada. Zip.

100%

Italian pizza, and most other of their stuff, is not the same Italian you get, or at least used to get, in the US. Our stuff originated from immigrants who didn't have the old world stuff to work with so they made due with what they had. That's how you got a lot of Americanized foreign food.

Sometimes it's better.

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Jan 5, 2021

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum
Eh, its like comparing drip coffee to espresso. Both can be nice when done well with good ingredients and attention to procedure, but despite similar ingredients they're not the same thing. A good NY style slice is lovely, and an AVPN pizza can be mediocre depending on where you get it, but I'd not be comparing them side by side. Italians know this too, and sell some extremely cursed pizzas:

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
The knife and fork are provided at the pizzeria table for the benefit of small children* and people with dentures.

* The parents cut the food for the kids obviously

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
we don't need a knife and fork in America because we don't have to saw through reindeer jerky on our pizzas

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Sometimes it's better.

...but sometimes it's this thread

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
OK so basically it's another case of american exceptionalism?

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

OK so basically it's another case of american exceptionalism?

yes. americans are exceptionally good at making, cutting, and eating pizzas.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Sometimes it's better.

Usually it's pile of cheese o white bread

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

What the gently caress is the obsession with putting corn on pizza?

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

pro starcraft loser posted:

What the gently caress is the obsession with putting corn on pizza?

you never really eat corn you just rent it

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Big Fiber at it again! :argh:

lilbeefer
Oct 4, 2004

Americans never leave their fat little hometown therefore they have no idea how much better the pizza is in the rest of the world

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

lilbeefer posted:

Americans never leave their fat little hometown therefore they have no idea how much better the pizza is in the rest of the world

just because we don't have a proud tradition of sex tourism to southeast asia doesn't mean we don't leave our hometowns, thank you

lilbeefer
Oct 4, 2004

TheAardvark posted:

just because we don't have a proud tradition of sex tourism to southeast asia doesn't mean we don't leave our hometowns, thank you

Maybe, but American pizza is still poo poo

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
There’s like an infinite amount of things you could talk poo poo about the US for and you picked the only one that is objectively wrong

lilbeefer
Oct 4, 2004

No, add it to the pile of poo poo things

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

lol so loving butt hurt about America that claiming not eating pizza with a fork and that 'all' American pizza is poo poo is 'American Exceptionalism'. Jesus Christ. lmao

I'm sorry. I'm not laughing. I'm sorry. You're all better than us. Truly. Taller, stronger, smarter in every way. You've done it. lol

lilbeefer
Oct 4, 2004

haha so butthurt

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
I like good pizza. As for bad pizza? Not so much

Hasturtium
May 19, 2020

And that year, for his birthday, he got six pink ping pong balls in a little pink backpack.
Guys, guys! We're allowing partisanship to tear this thread apart. Let us come together to acknowledge that bad pizza can come from anywhere just as good pizza can, set aside our utensil differences, and gawp at this kiwi fruit pizza together.

Sourced from here.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

I'm going to need some time to reflect on this.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Hasturtium posted:

Guys, guys! We're allowing partisanship to tear this thread apart. Let us come together to acknowledge that bad pizza can come from anywhere just as good pizza can, set aside our utensil differences, and gawp at this kiwi fruit pizza together.

Sourced from here.

This is almost a challenge. This is one of those pizzas from the Ninja Turtles cartoons.

MIDWIFE CRISIS
Nov 5, 2008

Ta gueule, laisse-moi finir.
You take one look at it and know with certainty that it can only be from Sweden.

Super Nintendo 64
Feb 18, 2012

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

That's the spirit.

The frustrating limitation of a thread like this is that we can never be conclusive about whether these pizzas taste good. We can be 99% sure, but let's not fall for the trap of judging by looks alone.

lilbeefer
Oct 4, 2004

haha drat ive been got!

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Never has there been a pizza of more woe
Than a pizza made in Amerigo

-William Shakespeare
playwrite/pizza reviewer

Hasturtium
May 19, 2020

And that year, for his birthday, he got six pink ping pong balls in a little pink backpack.

dr_rat posted:

Never has there been a pizza of more woe
Than a pizza made in Amerigo

-William Shakespeare
playwrite/pizza reviewer

William Shakespepperoni, I think you meant.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Hasturtium posted:

William Shakespepperoni, I think you meant.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Glad to see this guy is still in business

Only registered members can see post attachments!

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

If I ever go to brazil I'm gonna find Batepapo and destroy him

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

That dick-through-a-pizza genre is evolving I see.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Olá! It's me, Batepapo, while you eat!

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
imagining Iron Chef South America where you get to pick between Pizza Batepapo and Mestre De Pizza and they're standing there all menacingly in the dark lights

and your secret ingredient is... CORN! *whips sheet off 4 ft tall pile of loose corn*

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

TheAardvark posted:

imagining Iron Chef South America where you get to pick between Pizza Batepapo and Mestre De Pizza and they're standing there all menacingly in the dark lights

and your secret ingredient is... CORN! *whips sheet off 4 ft tall pile of loose corn*

*table of corn gone within the hour*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
The only pizza I've had worse than

was

Seriously, as someone from New York City, the whole "omg pizza from outside of NYC makes me want to vomit :barf: " elitist poo poo is stupid & passe, but Hot & Ready pizza literally tasted like cardboard with ketchup slathered on it when I tried it. Inedible garbage.