Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

That's why you smack them on the head with a wrench when they're not looking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Discendo Vox posted:

I am saying the photo hacking and the map is the hackneyed VR feature. The floor plans are something you find in the map, which means dollars to donuts you're taking a photo of it. The mantling is just dead entry time on repeat runs, ensuring that route doesn't get used.

If IO are smart the entire outside sequence is purely for the first time through and subsequent runs start immediately after Agent 47 walks through the curtains.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
I am pretty confident that will be the “default” entrance for the level and then as soon as you hit Mastery Level 2 you’ll get an alternate start that just puts you right in it.

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.
Considering how leery people are about using the Epic client, it's surprising that there's no concrete detail out there from IOI on moving your HM1 and 2 progress over from Steam to soothe concerns.

I know they've confirmed it'll be possible, but my experiences with Epic in the past (most notably, my account removing all of the free games I had picked up for over a week) don't fill me with confidence on how smooth it'll be.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Discendo Vox posted:

The mantling is just dead entry time on repeat runs, ensuring that route doesn't get used.

I mean I imagine one of the first unlocks will be an in-the-bar start - "47 has already infiltrated the whatever and is waiting at the buffet"

Those of us who want a playable Bond movie need this stuff okay!

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

My main concern about an IOI Bond game is that at some point there HAVE to be vehicle sections, which is something they have never done before and it's really easy to screw up.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

AceOfFlames posted:

My main concern about an IOI Bond game is that at some point there HAVE to be vehicle sections, which is something they have never done before and it's really easy to screw up.

If they literally rip off the ones from Nightfire wholesale, I won't be mad at it. Except the one with the underwater mines. gently caress that one.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

KillHour posted:

If they literally rip off the ones from Nightfire wholesale, I won't be mad at it. Except the one with the underwater mines. gently caress that one.

The ones from Blood Stone were also good but that game was made by the same people who did Project Gotham Racing, so they had a lot of experience there.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Restrained Crown Posse posted:

Considering how leery people are about using the Epic client, it's surprising that there's no concrete detail out there from IOI on moving your HM1 and 2 progress over from Steam to soothe concerns.

I know they've confirmed it'll be possible, but my experiences with Epic in the past (most notably, my account removing all of the free games I had picked up for over a week) don't fill me with confidence on how smooth it'll be.

well the IOI account is what matters, epic delivers only the third game

check your IOI account, if any game is missing you need to reinstall it from steam (you can uncheck all DLC, H1 for instance is only 6 gigs)

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

What are you expecting exactly? For IO to come out and say "Hey we know Epic sucks but we promise this will work" ??? :confused:

They can't say that. Lmao. They've already said it will work. That's all there is ever going to be said.

AceOfFlames posted:

Goldeneye is the best bond game and doesn't have vehicle sections so :colbert: (I guess it had a tank but it was janky lol)

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Zaphod42 posted:

What are you expecting exactly? For IO to come out and say "Hey we know Epic sucks but we promise this will work" ??? :confused:

They can't say that. Lmao. They've already said it will work. That's all there is ever going to be said.

Goldeneye is the best bond game and doesn't have vehicle sections so :colbert: (I guess it had a tank but it was janky lol)

It's close enough that they should be detailing what the steps will be, including if people need to be installing old versions to link to their IO account or whatever.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

How much do you want to bet there's an easter egg tied to shooting down the hot air balloons in Dubai?

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Mantis42 posted:

How much do you want to bet there's an easter egg tied to shooting down the hot air balloons in Dubai?
They were invincible on Miami (they may even be the same models), but one never knows...

What I'm most curious about is whether bodies that fall off the side in Dubai are considered "hidden." I mean on the one hand that's the logical and gameplay-consistent answer, but on the other hand it just seems weird if bodies riddled with gunshot wounds rain down on the streets of Dubai and nobody cares. It'd honestly be kind of interesting if only accidents counted, but they won't do that.

Plus I guess any body won't be in much of a state to autopsy after falling from a building as tall as the Burj.

rope kid
Feb 3, 2001

Warte nur! Balde
Ruhest du auch.

Hedgehog Pie posted:

Funnily enough, Freedom Fighters was a lot more fun because it being such a flat map where all the targets frequently go outside meant that there were ample sniper spots, most of which weren't sniper spots at all!
You can snipe everyone from the little shack in the SE corner of the map. Everyone but Maya goes into/around the house and Maya walks from the barn to the garage so :c00l:

It's not a very fun way to play the map, but you can just load in, get in the shack, shoot someone, relocate for 2 minutes until the guards clear out, and repeat another 3 times, then leave.

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.

Zaphod42 posted:

Yes, I'm saying that IO should say that Epic sucks and not the standard sort of preparation guide you normally get when moving a profile across platforms, as with Destiny 2 recently. You got me.

Razeam
Jul 13, 2004

Nya~
I'm hoping they mainly look at your Hitman 2 progression to import stuff. I'm curious how they'd detect DLC like Patient Zero in 3, otherwise.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

rope kid posted:

You can snipe everyone from the little shack in the SE corner of the map. Everyone but Maya goes into/around the house and Maya walks from the barn to the garage so :c00l:

It's not a very fun way to play the map, but you can just load in, get in the shack, shoot someone, relocate for 2 minutes until the guards clear out, and repeat another 3 times, then leave.

Same deal with the water tower, though it requires a little bit of set-up clearing the guards on the roof first but leaving a space in the crate to hide in when guards come looking around the area. The majority of the time is spent waiting for the guards to go back to their usual patrols.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Yes, I'm saying that IO should say that Epic sucks and not the standard sort of preparation guide you normally get when moving a profile across platforms, as with Destiny 2 recently. You got me.

Its not like you *need* H1 and H2 to play H3. Even if we don't get the "guide" until the day of release, you can still hop in and play. Getting the 1 & 2 levels imported is more of a nice to have. If you wanna play those levels so bad, you can play them now! Seems to me like its no big deal even if we don't find out in advance, and there's still a month left for them to give you advance notice anyways. Not worth worrying about.

Destiny is a bit different since you MUST import your character before you can play, or otherwise you have to start all over. And even then, Destiny is one game. There's no "Standard" here, this is pretty uncommon stuff.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Is redoing all of the challenges and achievements in the H1 and H2 levels in H3 a ridiculous and unnecessary idea? Yes.

Am I going to do it? You bet your sweet rear end I am.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
There are probably some challenges I'd do again if I were to get H3 and the progress didn't carry over, but things like flinging Sister Yulduz onto the canopy with a bomb and throwing coins into the Bangkok penthouse fountain? I'd rather smoke a cigarette next to a barrel of fuel.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
I'm assuming Hitman 3 is just going to ask you to link your IOI account the first time you start it up and then give you access to 1 & 2 if they're registered in there. You can check your IOI account here: https://www.ioi.dk/ioi-account/

Zaphod42 posted:

there's still a month left for them to give you advance notice anyways
It's out in exactly two weeks :v:

Hedgehog Pie posted:

There are probably some challenges I'd do again if I were to get H3 and the progress didn't carry over, but things like flinging Sister Yulduz onto the canopy with a bomb and throwing coins into the Bangkok penthouse fountain? I'd rather smoke a cigarette next to a barrel of fuel.
I didn't even finish all the steam achievements in 2, let alone the challenges. They're just awful and pointless, even after they took out the most obnoxious "dump seven hundred npcs into the ocean" poo poo.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I did them all and I'll do 'em all again, I have a problem and I'm not even looking for a cure. :shepspends:

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Pilchenstein posted:

I'm assuming Hitman 3 is just going to ask you to link your IOI account the first time you start it up and then give you access to 1 & 2 if they're registered in there. You can check your IOI account here: https://www.ioi.dk/ioi-account/

The issue is a lot of people are noticing they own H1 but don't have H1 on their IOI currently, and re-installing causes it to appear. So it may be necessary to boot up H1 sometime for you to get credit for owning it... but also you may not have to do that.

That's the remaining question that people want to know. But like I said, it shouldn't be that big a deal, everything will work out somehow.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
the real bullshit is doing bankog 20 again to get the Krugermeier, it's just such a gamechanger

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Goa Tse-tung posted:

the real bullshit is doing bankog 20 again to get the Krugermeier, it's just such a gamechanger

I think they said that progress will carry over this time, not just the levels :)

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

Pilchenstein posted:

It's out in exactly two weeks :v:

I didn't even finish all the steam achievements in 2, let alone the challenges. They're just awful and pointless, even after they took out the most obnoxious "dump seven hundred npcs into the ocean" poo poo.

The scarecrow challenges, the many gimmick runs of hitman 2 maps requiring mutually exclusive long target dialogue and movement scripts to play out...the paris escalations...

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
I will give some of the scarecrow challenges a pass because I liked setting everyone on fire.

I think I got all of the main level achievements. I think the only ones I haven't got are the sniper map ones because, one, there are multiplayer ones I can't get anyway, and two, I'm poo poo at those levels. What can I say, pandemic.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Oh man I didn't even think of/count/remember there was multiplayer stuff in the game.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

Zaphod42 posted:

The issue is a lot of people are noticing they own H1 but don't have H1 on their IOI currently, and re-installing causes it to appear. So it may be necessary to boot up H1 sometime for you to get credit for owning it... but also you may not have to do that.

That's the remaining question that people want to know. But like I said, it shouldn't be that big a deal, everything will work out somehow.
If H1 isn't showing on your account then you'll need to make it show up because how else is H3 going to figure out that you own it, magic? :v:

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Pilchenstein posted:

If H1 isn't showing on your account then you'll need to make it show up because how else is H3 going to figure out that you own it, magic? :v:

How do you think computers work? They could patch it to detect you owning it through another method perhaps :v:

But if you think "magic" is the only solution, what are you guys expecting for the big "how to announcement" ? You've answered your own question. Reinstall H1 and H2. That's it. Done. There's your concrete details. What sort of thing would you expect IOI to say otherwise? Install H1 and H2 so they show up on your IOI account and then you can play them in H3. That's it. So what was this whole thing about??

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Nakar posted:

They were invincible on Miami (they may even be the same models), but one never knows...

What I'm most curious about is whether bodies that fall off the side in Dubai are considered "hidden." I mean on the one hand that's the logical and gameplay-consistent answer, but on the other hand it just seems weird if bodies riddled with gunshot wounds rain down on the streets of Dubai and nobody cares. It'd honestly be kind of interesting if only accidents counted, but they won't do that.

Plus I guess any body won't be in much of a state to autopsy after falling from a building as tall as the Burj.
“Smart thinking 47, the winds at this altitude will carry the body out to sea.”

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

Zaphod42 posted:

How do you think computers work? They could patch it to detect you owning it through another method perhaps :v:

But if you think "magic" is the only solution, what are you guys expecting for the big "how to announcement" ? You've answered your own question. Reinstall H1 and H2. That's it. Done. There's your concrete details. What sort of thing would you expect IOI to say otherwise? Install H1 and H2 so they show up on your IOI account and then you can play them in H3. That's it. So what was this whole thing about??
I see you've got your not-reading glasses on again :allears:

Yeah, the laws of nature and science as we currently understand them don't prohibit IOI from coding H3 (they wouldn't need to "patch" it since it's not out yet) to search your entire PC for installed copies of the first two games and using some kind of futuristic algorithm to determine which steam account owns them and if that steam account belongs to the same person as the epic account H3 is on and whether or not that person wants to effectively link their steam and epic accounts for the purposes of Hitman and then update a big database of all the steam and epic accounts they've ever seen to cross reference them as being linked so people can't share the first two games between multiple people - but I suspect they'll just use IOI accounts because it's simpler. Could be wrong though :v:

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009
Epic already got in a load of poo poo for scanning peoples Steam folders so maybe that's not such a good idea.

Mongolian Queef
May 6, 2004

Anyone have any idea what "Deluxe Escalation Contracts" and "Deluxe Suits and Items" means in the deluxe edition? Quite a hefty price tag and I can't find any description on EGC or hitman.com.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

The Deluxe Suits are shown here:

Deluxe Escalation Contracts I guess are just unique Escalation Missions. I guess this won't have DLC. :(

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
Which level is the suit on the right from? I'm guessing one of the Hong Kong levels from C47/Contracts?

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LCOtvriMkA

This... Doesn't look like a very good idea, tbh. Hopefully you have the option of turning it off.

Mongolian Queef
May 6, 2004

AceOfFlames posted:

The Deluxe Suits are shown here:

Deluxe Escalation Contracts I guess are just unique Escalation Missions. I guess this won't have DLC. :(

Ah, thanks!

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

AceOfFlames posted:

This... Doesn't look like a very good idea, tbh. Hopefully you have the option of turning it off.

I imagine they made things easier for the purpose of the video.

They can always move targets so it’s not right next to the exit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

AceOfFlames posted:

They're one time unlocks. I don't see a problem with this.