Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I'll stick with Colorado concentrates, tyvm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
Agree, we have good poo poo here in Colorado. Any time I'm left wanting, it's cause I chose to cheap out. I'm stuck in Colorado Springs, but at least I got my med card last year.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Springs, too. That's Terpman & Rosin live resin above. Seriously worth watching Grant's for deals, think they have a gram and an eighth one up today. It's pricey compared to the discount shops, like Golden Meds or Green Source, but it's worth it. Avoid Green Source, there's a reason their weed is so cheap.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Earwicker posted:

yea ive never liked edibles much because when i feel like getting high, thats when i want to be high, not like sometime in the next 30-90 minutes depending on what my body chemistry is like that day

Now that I work from home, I'll eat something at around 3:30-3:45pm on a Friday just to time it right for my slow rear end metabolism.

quote:

the only exception is air travel, cbd gummies are essential for air travel but thats about pain relief and dealing with anxiety not getting high

I have never flown while high but it seems like something that would be fun to try, even if it would make me fall asleep before takeoff.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Springs, too. That's Terpman & Rosin live resin above. Seriously worth watching Grant's for deals, think they have a gram and an eighth one up today. It's pricey compared to the discount shops, like Golden Meds or Green Source, but it's worth it. Avoid Green Source, there's a reason their weed is so cheap.

I'm up in the north end of town and all the good shops seem to be in the western area, like off Fillmore. Still, anything in town is better than anything I was getting at Maggie's Farm, especially when it comes to price...

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
I live in WA and there are only two dispensaries within 10 miles of me. Since Christmas, the lines at both have increased drastically (30-60 minutes wait) and available stock for certain things has dropped dramatically (like hardly any vape carts at one store)

Is anyone else seeing this? People spending their $600? I honestly have no idea.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

here in CA the lines are longer simply because all businesses have much stricter limits about the number of people who can be inside a store. as of mid-December. we still have plenty of carts though

sometimes if people are afraid that dispensaries will be closed due to lockdown there will be a rush on them. i remember the night before the first LA lockdown the dispensary lines were crazy. but they never closed them, people here would completely lose their poo poo without weed

christmas would be too early for the stimulus checks i think. those only started a few days ago

Earwicker fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Jan 5, 2021

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

YeahTubaMike posted:

I have never flown while high but it seems like something that would be fun to try, even if it would make me fall asleep before takeoff.
Yeah, same here. I tend to take long-haul flights (when I take flights at all :() and it's tempting--though it would have to be with a known good edible. I don't want my mind to go to a place that has me freaking out that I'm inside a metal tube hurtling through the sky at 35K feet.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Hirayuki posted:

Yeah, same here. I tend to take long-haul flights (when I take flights at all :() and it's tempting--though it would have to be with a known good edible. I don't want my mind to go to a place that has me freaking out that I'm inside a metal tube hurtling through the sky at 35K feet.

The shortest flight I've taken was around 2-ish hours -- NYC to Toronto. The idea of having to navigate a not-particularly-familiar airport AND transport myself to a hotel while high on edibles sounds...less than ideal.

That said, the LONGEST flight I've ever taken was like, 7-8 hours -- NYC to Oslo. The idea of having to be high on edibles on a long flight without the luxury of laughing uncontrollably at random YouTube videos ALSO sounds less than ideal. I usually sleep through flights no matter how long they are, so maybe I shouldn't even bother weeding my flights up.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Protocol7 posted:

I'm up in the north end of town and all the good shops seem to be in the western area, like off Fillmore. Still, anything in town is better than anything I was getting at Maggie's Farm, especially when it comes to price...

Don't discount Grant's because of location. Prairie is the main store, but the other, on the southwest side, in a nicer location. Members only top shelf is $175/oz, but the concentrates are usually $20/g for terp sugar or budder, they don't do shatter. Solventless and live are excellent too. The prices are steeper, but it's quality and often has some sort of sale attached. I usually get the 4g/$75 jar badder/sugar deal. Veteran discount is standard, if that's relevant.

I grabbed an eighth of their golden goat flower today and a gram of strawnana badder. Their flower is so drat tasty. Bottom shelf stuff ($90-100) is almost exclusively wholesale bought, but still really good stuff. Owner picks his wholesale weed carefully, but it's still good poo poo, not quite house flower quality though.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
Oh I don't discount them because of location, I'm just lazy and don't wanna have to drive ~10 miles. I really should check out some of that stuff when I'm down in the area though. I was just at AFW a week ago...

I've personally been shopping at TweedLeaf and NaturaLeaf, since they are the closest to my house. The former has good deal on flower that has been consistently pretty good, and the latter has a great selection of edibles and concentrates.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Hirayuki posted:

yea thats why i prefer cbd for flights. you dont get the high part but it can soothe anxiety and make it easier to sleep, plus i always get extremely bad knee and back pain on flights and it helps with that a lot

jimmychoo
Sep 30, 2008

y'all ever feel like you smoke so much weed that you must have a constant supply of THC in ur blood bc you feel high even when you're not ? :2bong:

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Mystery sativa, gelonade diamonds and sauce, and wedding cake.

I never know which one to go for, so I end up taking all 3.

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber
I don’t know how I hosed up my shopping trip in Denver so badly. I wanted to try a tincture and maybe splurge on fancier flower than I can get at home.

I got talked out of the tincture and left with a syringe of terp sauce I’m not really setup to use efficiently, and overpaid for the driest, dustiest 1/8th of prepack I’ve ever seen.

The place looked good on weedmaps 🤷‍♂️

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I don't bother running to Denver since I have a card. When I did, I liked going to Pig 'n Whistle on Colfax. Consistent, reasonable prices, decent quality stuff.

Protocol7 posted:

Oh I don't discount them because of location, I'm just lazy and don't wanna have to drive ~10 miles. I really should check out some of that stuff when I'm down in the area though. I was just at AFW a week ago...

I've personally been shopping at TweedLeaf and NaturaLeaf, since they are the closest to my house. The former has good deal on flower that has been consistently pretty good, and the latter has a great selection of edibles and concentrates.

Tweedleaf and Naturaleaf are both good too, for the reasons you said. I also like The Healing Canna, if for nothing else, they always have clones. Pretty good durban poison too.

If you swing by Grant's, try the Crunchberry.

jimmychoo posted:

y'all ever feel like you smoke so much weed that you must have a constant supply of THC in ur blood bc you feel high even when you're not ? :2bong:

This is called a "tolerance" and yes, all the time. I can fail a piss test from 30 yards.

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Jan 5, 2021

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

I went to a weed supercenter in Modesto. Probably 8 budtenders working there. Big money is going to change things in the weed industry!

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

jimmychoo posted:

This only happens to me after edibles. It feels like I'm high for like two days. Maybe I'm eating too much at one time.

edit: never too late to correct a typo

YeahTubaMike fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Jan 5, 2021

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

I went to a weed supercenter in Modesto. Probably 8 budtenders working there. Big money is going to change things in the weed industry!

I am still shocked there aren't Marlboro greens already, personally

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

rotinaj posted:

im pretty sure some of the big tobacco companies, rj reynolds and maybe one or two others, have already invested in weed companies and dispenaries in the us and canada. they aren't going to brand anything with marlboro or camel yet because the push for legal weed was so closely associated with medical use and many of states where it was normalized first also have a strong anti-tobacco attitude. but like ten years from now once its become legal and mainstream nationwide those brands will probably surface when weed starts being marketed in different contexts in other parts of the country. weed that makes you a rugged outdoor individualist and all that bullshit. weed that makes you feel like you and your dumb buddies are willie nelson and kris kristofferson. good ole weed for fishing trips and concerts with dad and head injuries diving in the old quarry. they will also combine it with tobacco eventually and prerolled phillies blunts will be available at gas stations and corner stores nationwide

Earwicker fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Jan 6, 2021

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

rotinaj posted:

Large financial institutions won’t deal with weed companies while it’s federally illegal.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

Large financial institutions won’t deal with weed companies while it’s federally illegal.

This is it.

When the laws change around the financial end of it, Marlboro, Camel, MillerCoors, everyone and their mother in the vice industry will be buying up established greenhouses for hilarious sums. Then the gold rush is truly over.

And the new round of laws against home grow will begin.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

thats not true. cannabis is a global business and the tobacco companies are multinational entities. federal illegality in the us is not stopping them from investing in cannabis which, again, they already are.

https://hempindustrydaily.com/big-us-tobacco-company-buys-stake-canadian-cannabis-growers-american-hemp-firm/

quote:

A publicly traded U.S. tobacco company has bought controlling stakes in two Canadian marijuana producers and invested in a North Carolina hemp grower, making what is believed to be the first foray by a significant tobacco business into the cannabis industry.

Alliance One International, which trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol AOI, said it acquired a 75% equity position in Canada’s Island Garden and an 80% stake in Goldleaf Pharm. Terms of the transactions were not disclosed.

https://journalnow.com/business/alt...0a206235f6.html

quote:

The owner of the largest U.S. tobacco manufacturer has invested $1.8 billion into a Canadian cannabis company. It also chose to discontinue its struggling electronic-cigarette products MarkTen and Green Smoke and oral nicotine product Verve. Altria initially takes a 45 percent ownership stake in Cronos Group Inc., a Toronto-based provider of medical and recreational marijuana. It has the option within four years of spending another $1 billion to acquire an additional 10 percent of the publicly traded company.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
That is all very serious and a bummer

Know what’s not a bummer, a bowl and an episode of Star Trek tng where there is no life or death, just character drama and good vibes

jimmychoo
Sep 30, 2008

my tolerance must be higher than i thought these days. also yeah maybe it’s more common with edibles now that i think about it.

though i did smoke a wax-lined joint the other night and it made me way more stoned than i’d been in a super long time

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Earwicker posted:

thats not true.
fishmech would be proud.

Lieutenant Dan
Oct 27, 2009

Weedlord Bonerhitler

Earwicker posted:

yea thats why i prefer cbd for flights. you dont get the high part but it can soothe anxiety and make it easier to sleep, plus i always get extremely bad knee and back pain on flights and it helps with that a lot

I love CBD for flights for this exact reason. It's the only thing that makes navigating the goddamn airport and flying 16+ hour flights a remotely enjoyable experience (I like flying and I like having a back and knees that work and won't kill me)

we are packing a bowl of Sour Punch in casa de lieutenant dan tonight

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

UK dynavap peeps might be interested in this great kit of a 2019 head, vapcap and coil all for £47. It's half the price of buying them separately. Mine arrived today, and it now means I have separate heads for herbs and extracts, allowing me to overheat the extract vapcap without too much worry.

Time to christen it.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

fuctifino posted:

Mystery sativa, gelonade diamonds and sauce, and wedding cake.

I never know which one to go for, so I end up taking all 3.

What exactly is the process of doing diamonds and sauce

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Inspector Hound posted:

What exactly is the process of doing diamonds and sauce

I vape it using the dynavap with the dynacoil insert. The diamonds are pure THCa crystals, which turn to THC9 when you heat it up. It's a loving lovely high.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
its very messy, seems like a really good use for a nectar colletor?

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

Every time I hit my vape I immediately put this album on

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRdWkZNbfCM

jimmychoo
Sep 30, 2008

lately i find myself unironically listening to 311 when i’m stoned

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

jimmychoo posted:

There's a lot worse you could be enjoying dude. You have a lot of leeway because weed my man

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

jimmychoo posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWo-02Hsab4
I just transported back to high school and gently caress it dude, this music is awful but at least it's fun

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

jimmychoo posted:

The live versions of Down and Lightyears loving rule

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Weren't they doing cruise ship festivals for the past decade?

I feel like that's an indicator for how old I feel when I listen to 311. I get the same vibe from a lot of 90s music though, not a bad thing but it feels like a boomer trap. Never getting on a cruise though.

Millennial karaoke is gonna suck for the poor bastards working in bars in about a decade.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Black-eyed Peas are coming full range!

jimmychoo
Sep 30, 2008

yeah i bought From Chaos when i was in high school and somehow i remembered its existence a few weeks ago. it’s wild to be taken back.

also yeah i don’t wanna think about 311 karaoke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jimmychoo
Sep 30, 2008

https://youtu.be/AXaVIbBx48E

this one is particularly loving hard to get through without laughing

“And I know why you're bustin' mp3's”