Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

bawfuls posted:

Yeah the players are either cutting the line with extremely high visibility, or they aren’t getting vaccinated for many months.

which do you think it will be though

We already had MLB and NBA players getting tested frequently while tests were hard to come by

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

It's hard to tell how many people will care about line-cutting, the vaccination rollout is such a mess. Apparently right now there's a significant portion of available doses just sitting around unused.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

You have tons of people who qualify this second for it who refuse to take it and you also have employees intentionally destroying doses because of Gates and his mind control chips, it's hosed man

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Intruder posted:

You have tons of people who qualify this second for it who refuse to take it and you also have employees intentionally destroying doses because of Gates and his mind control chips, it's hosed man

Wait what?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

kalensc posted:

Wait what?

https://twitter.com/TonyAtkinsTV/status/1344761877688180736

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
In the grand scheme of things ~1000 doses going to players/coaches probably isn't a huge deal, less of a deal than how many tests were being prioritized early on during the pandemic for sports to continue.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Who is the announcer at 7:20 of this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyobY4gBHcM&t=440s

e: pretty sure this guy was the voice that narrated the highlight portions of "Inside the NFL" back when that show first started. And maybe some other NFL highlight films, like superbowl highlights or team season highlight reels?

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

bawfuls posted:

Yeah the players are either cutting the line with extremely high visibility, or they aren’t getting vaccinated for many months.

MLB is saying there will be no delay to spring training or the regular season starting, and is also saying they won't jump the line. Unless the rate of vaccination picks WAY up in the next couple months, one of these things is going to be walked back and I have a sneaking suspicion it will be the latter, not the former.

GPTribefan
Jul 2, 2007
Something witty yet inspirational about the Cleveland Indians

MrMojok posted:

Who is the announcer at 7:20 of this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyobY4gBHcM&t=440s

e: pretty sure this guy was the voice that narrated the highlight portions of "Inside the NFL" back when that show first started. And maybe some other NFL highlight films, like superbowl highlights or team season highlight reels?

That would be the great Harry Kalas of the Phillies.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

UZR IS BULLSHIT posted:

Lol if you think that healthy 20 and 30 year olds are getting inoculated before July

This country has an amazing, supernatural ability to tie itself in logical knots to generate revenue.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
This is probably a hot take, but professional athletes, coaches and other personnel (refs, groundskeepers, ushers etc) should be higher on the vaccine list to receive one. Remember when we didn't have sports for that period of time at the beginning of the pandemic? That fuckin' sucked. If we are gonna trot them out there to entertain we should probably protect them.

My state made the claim that by June they were gonna have 70-80% of the residents vaccinated so :shrug: who knows.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Star players getting publicly vaccinated would be a good thing.

The way the rollout has been going to slow and lovely in New York better in Giancarlo Stantons arm then in the trash.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

Yeah things are so broken right now that I think giving athletes a small % the vaccines that are sitting around could convince some of the public to get on board. In a vacuum it’s absolutely moronic to prioritize sports but this is America and we have to roll with it.

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004
I mean I basically agree with you guys on that, but it's a very cynical, nihilistic agreement

I still don't think the players will be vaccinated before ST or probably even the regular season tho, considering there's no plan for making it happen and it needs to be happening like right now

UZR IS BULLSHIT fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Jan 5, 2021

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

The answer is to fix the loving vaccine rollout not just throw our hands up and shuffle the vaccine to less-essential citizens.

I want baseball too, but gently caress.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

LeeMajors posted:

The answer is to fix the loving vaccine rollout not just throw our hands up and shuffle the vaccine to less-essential citizens.

Just have your local team hangout outside the COVID vaccine sites because apparently it's such a gently caress up they are handing out vaccines to random people before the unused vaccines expire.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Sydin posted:

MLB is saying there will be no delay to spring training or the regular season starting, and is also saying they won't jump the line. Unless the rate of vaccination picks WAY up in the next couple months, one of these things is going to be walked back and I have a sneaking suspicion it will be the latter, not the former.
Depends on owner priorities. One theory for why owners are saying “no baseball until vaccinations” is that they don’t want to play games unless they can fill stadiums with fans. Some owners would prefer a short season to a full season if they can’t sell tickets and beer for every game.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Do people care about baseball bats? I have a ton of bats around the house and I need to go through them and see what I got so I can finally build a rack to keep them organized. I figure I could snap some pics and talk about the different bats I own and baseball bats in general if people care to read about that stuff. If anything maybe it'll remind myself of what I already have so I stop buying new bats, seriously it's getting ridiculous.

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004

LeeMajors posted:

Nothing about our response to this poo poo is ever going to be fixed lol

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

Popete posted:

Do people care about baseball bats? I have a ton of bats around the house and I need to go through them and see what I got so I can finally build a rack to keep them organized. I figure I could snap some pics and talk about the different bats I own and baseball bats in general if people care to read about that stuff. If anything maybe it'll remind myself of what I already have so I stop buying new bats, seriously it's getting ridiculous.

I definitely need more BONESABER content

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Popete posted:

Please make this post

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Poque posted:

Please make this post

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

GPTribefan posted:

That would be the great Harry Kalas of the Phillies.

Ah, thank you!

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Popete posted:

Yes! Do it!

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
popete make the post

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

"Jorge wants to be hardcore,
but his mom won't let him"

i like watching the baseball bat bros hit dingers with the BONESABER so i'll read that post

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

post the artisanal bats

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Hell yeah Red Sox???

https://twitter.com/RedSox/status/1346247515075706884

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

The Tigers gave Robbie Grossman $10MM to play baseball for them. :lol:

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost
https://mobile.twitter.com/DefectorMedia/status/1346592417219305472
Needle should break off all the way to the right

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Post Gazette ran a nice profile on her since she’s from the area originally

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/pirates/2021/01/04/bianca-smith-black-woman-sewickley-boston-red-sox/stories/202101040122

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

General Bullshit posted:

The Tigers gave Robbie Grossman $10MM to play baseball for them. :lol:

I don’t understand the derision, he’s not a terrible player or anything and it’s 10 total over 2 years?

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Billy Butler: Fat Guy by Day, Doubles Machine by Night
Yeah, a two year commitment to a slightly below average player for a team that will probably be in the basement. Like... so?

Edit: less exciting than picking up Carlos Santana and Mike Minor, but also maybe less inexplicable.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

GalacticAcid posted:

I don’t understand the derision, he’s not a terrible player or anything and it’s 10 total over 2 years?

Because it's Robbie Grossman. He's replacement level to league average at best.

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

https://twitter.com/JeffPassan/status/1346643912606285824?s=19

Seems fine

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

is paying a replacement level LFer 5 million for 2 seasons probably not the best teambuilding idea? yeah

is it a massive mistake that's seriously worth making fun of? Not really

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

General Bullshit posted:

That's an improvement for the Tigers.

Call up Torkelson you cowards :argh:

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
I like this picture

https://twitter.com/mellamotrevor/status/1346515674437357568?s=21

Imasalmon
Mar 19, 2003

Meet me in the Hall of Fame

General Bullshit posted:

I always had fun calling him Bob, and pretending he had a used Cadillac dealership. "Bob Grossman's Used Cadillacs" just amuses the poo poo out of me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

Imasalmon posted:

I always had fun calling him Bob, and pretending he had a used Cadillac dealership. "Bob Grossman's Used Cadillacs" just amuses the poo poo out of me.

Yeah Bob Grossman sounds like a sitcom villain