Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Steve French posted:

and you’re color blind

:hmmyes: fair point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
I did something stupid

I bought an Alfa Romeo

And I don't give a gently caress if this thing eventually blows up on me because I haven't smiled this much driving something in a very long time

2018 AWD Giulia Ti:

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
I'm especially a fan of the privacy shield on the speedometer. The whole car is fantastic looking and having a unique car is the best.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

I did something stupid

I bought an Alfa Romeo

And I don't give a gently caress if this thing eventually blows up on me because I haven't smiled this much driving something in a very long time

2018 AWD Giulia Ti:

Hell yeah.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

It is very cool :)

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

The most advanced thing on my previous car (2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee, of which I was the owner for 15/17 of those years) was the ABS

This thing on the other hand, gonna need my girlfriend's 12 year old to explain everything to me.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

That's a sweet lookin' ride.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

I did something stupid

I bought an Alfa Romeo

2018 AWD Giulia Ti:

And now I'm looking at Giulia's again.

I don't need a new car, I have a two year old car, but Verde Visconti has me feeling things.

Number_6
Jul 23, 2006

BAN ALL GAS GUZZLERS

(except for mine)
Pillbug
I really liked the Giulia but the less-than-stellar service infrastructure for Alfa in the USA was something I could not get past. Best of luck!

RIP Paul Walker
Feb 26, 2004

Shrapnig posted:

And now I'm looking at Giulia's again.

I don't need a new car, I have a two year old car, but Verde Visconti has me feeling things.

Have they figured out how to disable stability control on the non-fast versions? I tend to drive with it on all the time on modern cars, but if I had a RWD car I’d want to be able to put snow tires on it and have a good time like I used to in my E34.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

bird cooch posted:

guy behind me was parked six feet out of the parking spot and I was trying to weasel my way out and caught me one of them four foot home Depot poles. Truck is due for its second oil change.

At least it didn't deploy airbags.

Edit: Not mine, saw it in a group and thought of bird cooch.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Bit wrinkly but it works

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

BlackMK4 posted:

Bit wrinkly but it works

Just shows you're down for whatever.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

2018 AWD Giulia Ti:

:fap: This is very good.

I have a particularly dirty Lexus that I went and got more dirty this week.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
Finally washed my car for the first time since a CT -> VT road trip in October. Felt good man.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

meatpimp posted:

Just shows you're down for whatever.

Sometimes its nice to have that going :lol:

dk2m
May 6, 2009

GramCracker posted:

Finally washed my car for the first time since a CT -> VT road trip in October. Felt good man.

....goddamn. The color just fits the car so well, looks great

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

BlackMK4 posted:

Bit wrinkly but it works

*Golf ball aero* is what you mean.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

RIP Paul Walker posted:

Have they figured out how to disable stability control on the non-fast versions?

I don't think so. Seems motivation enough to get the Four Cheese version imho!

MrOnBicycle
Jan 18, 2008
Wait wat?

GramCracker posted:

Man I'm, not a big fan of Audis but that drat colour could make me buy one for the colour alone. Thank you Audi for making green cool again.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

GramCracker posted:

Green is Gorgeous :hmmyes:

Audi brought back green, now stripes and multiple colors need to make a comeback as well.

Bonus if you don't know the size of a 70 series/Prado compared to something you MIGHT know the size of:

Look at that glass ratio!

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

KakerMix posted:

Look at that glass ratio!

I know which one I want.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

dk2m posted:

....goddamn. The color just fits the car so well, looks great

Thanks, I got super lucky with finding the car and jumping on the opportunity. Would definitely still have my TTRS if this car didn't exist or if I wasn't able to buy it.

crackhaed
Jan 18, 2005

From out of the basement,
a man doth emerge,
sweat on his brow,
for Efron the urge.

I did something stupid

I bought an Alfa Romeo

2018 AWD Giulia Ti:

Congrats! I got a 2020 Ti Sport RWD in September and I still love it so so so much. My daily commute involves a good amount of canyon carving and I just can't believe how awful the handling of my A3 was in comparison to this car (and the A3 was on Pilot Sport 4s while the Giulia is still on the P-Zeros it came with).

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

crackhaed posted:

Congrats! I got a 2020 Ti Sport RWD in September and I still love it so so so much. My daily commute involves a good amount of canyon carving and I just can't believe how awful the handling of my A3 was in comparison to this car (and the A3 was on Pilot Sport 4s while the Giulia is still on the P-Zeros it came with).

Thanks! I got the AWD for obvious reasons in the pics, and it handles the snow even better than I hoped, and that's on the all-seasons I have on there. When I get some real snow tires on there it's gonna be amazing. Not kidding, this car is just as good as my old Jeep was in the snow (at least as long as the snow isn't over like 4 inches)

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.
Bacause my beloved Mazda 3 is too small with child seat, stroller etc and I can't afford a 6 I've had to buy the most boring car in the world:

It is a loaded turbo though so has way more features than anything else I've owned (aside from not having radar cruise I can't think of anything it's lacking).

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

dissss posted:

Bacause my beloved Mazda 3 is too small with child seat, stroller etc and I can't afford a 6 I've had to buy the most boring car in the world:

It is a loaded turbo though so has way more features than anything else I've owned (aside from not having radar cruise I can't think of anything it's lacking).

No shame in that game.

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

2014 Porsche Cayman S, 2001 Saturn SC2.

Four months and this is the first time I've managed to park them side-by-side, just in time to transfer the Saturn to my buddy until he finds something else to drive.

Ranzear fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Jan 9, 2021

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Ranzear posted:

2014 Porsche Cayman S, 2001 Saturn SC2.

Four months and this is the first time I've managed to park them side-by-side, just in time to transfer the Saturn to my buddy until he finds something else to drive.

Quite an upgrade :lol:

Always liked those old saturns after having an SL2. Great beaters but oh my the oil burning.

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

He was driving a 1986 Diesel Jetta, so roughly the same performance jump for him too.

Turns out the S-Series oil burning was super easy to fix all this time, and is similar to the 01-03(ish?) Toyota Celica GTs. The Celicas have an issue where the oil return holes inside the oil control ring landing are rather small, and can be drilled out all the way to the same size as the ring landing so they don't clog and the engine won't burn a drop. The Saturn LL0/LK0 has roughly the same problem with oil return holes, but more specifically that there loving aren't any. Get six equally spaced holes drilled in each piston and boom, no oil burning for 100k+.

A bottle of Rislone will still do wonders in an old Saturn though. So long as they have oil in them they're indestructible, not to mention legendary tales of putting 400hp through the stock transmission.

chrisgt
Sep 6, 2011

:getin:

Ranzear posted:

He was driving a 1986 Diesel Jetta, so roughly the same performance jump for him too.

Turns out the S-Series oil burning was super easy to fix all this time, and is similar to the 01-03(ish?) Toyota Celica GTs. The Celicas have an issue where the oil return holes inside the oil control ring landing are rather small, and can be drilled out all the way to the same size as the ring landing so they don't clog and the engine won't burn a drop. The Saturn LL0/LK0 has roughly the same problem with oil return holes, but more specifically that there loving aren't any. Get six equally spaced holes drilled in each piston and boom, no oil burning for 100k+.

A bottle of Rislone will still do wonders in an old Saturn though. So long as they have oil in them they're indestructible, not to mention legendary tales of putting 400hp through the stock transmission.

Oh that's actually a really easy fix, it only requires disassembling the entire engine. NBD.

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

Thing is: Even perfectly hand-built S-Series engines with aftermarket hypereutectic pistons and fancy rings would still start burning oil before 40k miles, give or take. It's a viable fix if you're looking to keep one around and have the opportunity and skills.

Rusty
Sep 28, 2001
Dinosaur Gum
After sitting for over ten years, we got my roommate's spitfire running, and I got to take it out on a drive for the first time since it was nice out today in the NW.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Hell yeah, those are beautiful little cars.

got off on a technicality
Feb 7, 2007

oh dear
Love the color!

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

Rusty posted:

After sitting for over ten years, we got my roommate's spitfire running, and I got to take it out on a drive for the first time since it was nice out today in the NW.

It has a theme song!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQZDbBGBJsM

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
It uh, snowed while I was on my run. Thank you snow mode tcs, it wasn’t completely terrifying driving a 420 HP rwd in the snow for the first time.

Voltage
Sep 4, 2004

MALT LIQUOR!

devmd01 posted:

It uh, snowed while I was on my run. Thank you snow mode tcs, it wasn’t completely terrifying driving a 420 HP rwd in the snow for the first time.

Do a snow drift

Rwd with good snow tires is incredibly fun - get some nokian hakapilettas if you can find em.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

I had hakkapalittas on a Quattro and man that car was unstoppable in the snow. When it was running lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
Oh I was, just nothing stupid. It’s a big heavy car though, so I’d rather err on the safe side until I really know what the limits are like. A set of snow tires and wheels will happen eventually, just not right now.

Definitely a straight line punch it car because of the weight, but it makes me smile every time I drive it. The 94% of the time I’m not burning gas at 6mpg? It’s a smooth, comfortable ride with all the safety and comfort features you would expect. I joke with people that with radar cruise controls and lane keep assist, it’s drunk driving mode.

devmd01 fucked around with this message at 14:01 on Jan 26, 2021