Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Destiny existed in the DCU a while before Gaiman snagged him and made him one of the Endless, does that count?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
A Death showed up in the Lucifer tv show does that count?

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Green Lama #2 (1945)

Strange Tales #85 (1961)

Spidey Super Stories #22 (1977)

Damage Control #3 (1990)

The Amazing Spider-Man Family #2 (2008)

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Barbelith posted:

I dimly remember Daniel showing up in a JLA story by Morrison, something which also featured Starro?
Yes, it was a story where Starro was invading both Earth and the Dreaming at the same time. J'onn makes mention of having met the previous Dream back in the satellite era, too.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Evil Mastermind posted:

Yes, it was a story where Starro was invading both Earth and the Dreaming at the same time. J'onn makes mention of having met the previous Dream back in the satellite era, too.

That was the weirdest poo poo about the recent audiobook version, they were so devoted to adapting it beat for beat that in chapter 4, boom, Martian Manhunter and Mr Miracle with no fuckin' context for anyone who doesn't know the JLA.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Gaz-L posted:

That was the weirdest poo poo about the recent audiobook version, they were so devoted to adapting it beat for beat that in chapter 4, boom, Martian Manhunter and Mr Miracle with no fuckin' context for anyone who doesn't know the JLA.

There are audiobook adaptations of comics?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

thetoughestbean posted:

It isn't so much a regular audiobook but more of a radio drama adaptation as it has a full cast of famous actors for all the parts and isn't just one person reading everything.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
Seen a bunch at truck stops. Kinda feels like it misses the point, but I’m not gonna deny someone consuming funny book.

I’d love to hear how they do something by George Perez like Crisis on Infinite Earths. “There stands Batman and Superman and Wonder Woman and Flash and Aquaman and Suberboy and Earth 2 Superman and Green Lantern and Green Arrow and Flash with a different hat and...”

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
https://www.amazon.com/Crisis-Infinite-Earths-Marv-Wolfman/dp/1599505975

I'll say that this is more along the lines of 'audiobook of the prose novelization of COIE' as opposed to the Dirk Maggs versions of Sandman or Knightfall, which are more like dramas (although Sandman is probably more book-ish in that it has Gaiman reading most of the narration boxes and describing the art that can't be implied via dialogue and sound effects)

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Darthemed posted:

Damage Control #3 (1990)

Hah! I read this one as a kid and the pun did NOT translate in Dutch. All they could make of it was a goofy joke about how, if you break down all four walls, the roof's going to come down.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Uthor posted:

Seen a bunch at truck stops. Kinda feels like it misses the point, but I’m not gonna deny someone consuming funny book.

I’d love to hear how they do something by George Perez like Crisis on Infinite Earths. “There stands Batman and Superman and Wonder Woman and Flash and Aquaman and Suberboy and Earth 2 Superman and Green Lantern and Green Arrow and Flash with a different hat and...”

In the 90’s, BBC Radio 4 did radio adaptions of Batman: Knightfall and the Death and Return of Superman.

And like, they did full, comprehensive adaptions of them. Like I think DoS had Doomsday putting Booster Gold’s head in a car door and everything.

One of the first adaptations even had Batman AND Adam West in the cast.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superman_On_Trial

The Question IRL fucked around with this message at 10:23 on Jan 5, 2021

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Eleceed is a korean webcomic. The very short version: there are "awakened ones" hidden in society (basically mutants), which form societies among themselves to keep each other safe. The protagonist, Jiwoo, is a young kid who has recently made his entry into awakened society, and is currently undergoing training and is being scouted to potentially join a society.

Jiwoo is being secretly mentored by Kayden, one of the strongest awakened ones, who for unknown reasons has been turned into a cat.

A really stout cat.

No one except Jiwoo knows the cat is Kayden, and since he's been seeing talking with the cat and apparently controlling him, people have been starting to think he can control animals, in addition to his other power (super speed). So they decide to put that power to the test.

One of the leaders of one of the societies, Seong, decides to fight Kayden himself, and plans to kill him, to teach Jiwoo a lesson in "respecting his betters."

It doesn't go as planned.

Later, Jiwoo is back in his room with Kayden, and he protests that Kayden has been too aggressive; Kayden answers that it was self defense, because he could tell Seong wanted to kill him.

(Do not gently caress with the cat.)

Mikl fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Jan 5, 2021

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

thetoughestbean posted:

When Civil War (the first one) was a big deal, I heard what was correctly described above as a "radio drama adaptation" of the scene where Cap jumps out of the helicarrier and lands on that jet cockpit and it was really embarrassingly bad.

I don't know if it was more or less embarrassing than Civil War getting mainstream press coverage - the context in which I heard this - or if it was from an official audio adaptation or what. But hoo boy.

Keromaru5
Dec 28, 2012

Pictured: The Wolf Of Gubbio (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
I am very much into the idea of Garfield as Korean X-Men.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Men Against Crime #6 (1951)
Can't help but hear the Fonz.

Rocky and His Fiendish Friends #2 (1962)

Super-Villain Team-Up #14 (1977)

The Impossible Man Summer Vacation Spectacular! #2 (1991)

Ben Reilly: The Scarlet Spider #7 (2017)

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Darthemed posted:

Ben Reilly: The Scarlet Spider #7 (2017)

Lol

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

Darthemed posted:

Super-Villain Team-Up #14 (1977)

Doctor Doom, I’ve got a feeling your whole family’s going down!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Why is Death also Marlo?

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Rhyno posted:

Why is Death also Marlo?

Peter David

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I figured it was mary jane

Tbh the way they're drawn, every redhead in the mu (which feels like a lot tbh) all basically look the same

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
In a previous panel Ben recognized her as Marlo Chandler. Did Marlo die again?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Rhyno posted:

This sure is a strange eon

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist

Retro Futurist posted:

This sure is a strange eon

Ahem

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

site posted:

Tbh the way they're drawn, every redhead in the mu (which feels like a lot tbh) all basically look the same

She didn't say "tiger" for at least a few panels so I knew it wasn't MJ.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Lobok posted:

She didn't say "tiger" for at least a few panels so I knew it wasn't MJ.

Or Sagat.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

thetoughestbean posted:

There are some, but the one they are talking about is an adaptation of Gaiman's Sandman books which was actually surprisingly good (also the "narrator" does in fact give you just the barest of explanations for who the JLA characters and John Constantine are).

It's a full cast production similar to what they did for American Gods. I liked it, other than the story stopping before the actual ending of the comics (it stops shortly after Dream regains his relics/John Dee breaks his Ruby and restores Dream's powers, and there is a whole hell of a lot left to do to cover the rest of the story; I think it ends after Death tells Dream to get his poo poo together and find his own purpose, but doesn't get into all the gods and demons antics prior to The Ladies being sent after Dream).

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Phy posted:

Or Sagat.

Speaking of, all these redheads could use prominent scars to help distinguish them.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Rhyno posted:

She's being used by Death to talk to Ben. Marlo is still alive.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
then why the heck would she use marlo chandler of all people?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

Because Peter David wrote it

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

site posted:

Basically every character in comics looks the same to me unless they have distinguishing characteristics like hair colour or "has a moustache". Characters' faces, body type and apparent age seem to swing widely between different artists, it's why costumes are so useful. Like, that's Ben Riley but take the costume away and you could tell me it's Bruce Banner, Hal Jordan or Bobby Drake and I'd believe it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Skwirl posted:

Because Peter David wrote it

I guess since Marlo was dead once and death came to the wedding or something.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Tis Time For Torture, Princess

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Was the book she read Jordan's autobiography

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

biracial bear for uncut posted:

There are some, but the one they are talking about is an adaptation of Gaiman's Sandman books which was actually surprisingly good (also the "narrator" does in fact give you just the barest of explanations for who the JLA characters and John Constantine are).

It's a full cast production similar to what they did for American Gods. I liked it, other than the story stopping before the actual ending of the comics (it stops shortly after Dream regains his relics/John Dee breaks his Ruby and restores Dream's powers, and there is a whole hell of a lot left to do to cover the rest of the story; I think it ends after Death tells Dream to get his poo poo together and find his own purpose, but doesn't get into all the gods and demons antics prior to The Ladies being sent after Dream).

They're doing the remaining issues in 2 more volumes. This one covered about the first 20 issues

Edit: I know the answer will be :justpost: but any interest in a 'Comics For Your Ears' thread?

Gaz-L fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Jan 5, 2021

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Didn't shatter the backboard, clearly she's still got a lot of training to do.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
She can't shatter the backboard until she makes 2 more hoops without the other team scoring.

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

The seagull is essential.

thetoughestbean posted:

Tis Time For Torture, Princess

This is fantastic and her tiny crown is perfect.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

Back in the 90's/2000, Death was being hunted by a god called Walker.
Death ended up hiding out in Marlo Chandler because it left a portion of it's power inside Marlo.

So I guess Marlo is a hideout for Death.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe

Metalshark posted:

This is fantastic and her tiny crown is perfect.

It really is (read right-to-left)

It's also totally free officially