Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
?
This poll is closed.
Yes 62 44.93%
No 76 55.07%
Total: 138 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

What's the old saying, "They didn't deserve it but they sure had it coming"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

https://twitter.com/screaminbutcalm/status/1105577845642878976?s=20

:brexit:

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

https://twitter.com/screaminbutcalm/status/1105577845642878976?s=20

Meanwhile, consider me pilled

https://twitter.com/julianfeeld/status/1346558293120958464

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Oh, is THAT how they play down the "JFK Jr. is going to reveal himself as Trump's VP candidate on 10/17/20" gaffe?

Zamujasa posted:

It's going to be wild seeing all the fun and interesting ways American democracy breaks down when one party just flat out goes insane.

I'm afraid I have some bad news, friend.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

I guess that whelks 'n' chips will become the new daily food in the UK

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
No charges in the Jacob Blake shooting...that is probably not going to lead to good things.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

https://twitter.com/disclosetv/status/1346567521562931208?s=21

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

CBJSprague24 posted:

I'm afraid I have some bad news, friend.

Is it that both parties are insane?

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Yooooo this is hosed holy poo poo

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

https://twitter.com/RexChapman/status/1346518253502418944

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine

This will go down as the most evergreen tweet in history.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

Immanentized posted:

It's not going to change anything and they know it, the issue at hand is a state law. There's no legal issue here, the guy is in place, but hasn't been ceremonially sworn in. They're going to be forced to do a thing for him and then act like this didn't happen.

This is what i'm expecting to happen in NJ as well. We'll see what happens throughout this week.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Oh no, the consequences of my actions!

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

And tomorrow gets even more interesting

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Is this Britannia's fabled wave-ruling I'm witnessing?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

The British actually lost Jutland in the end

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

https://twitter.com/Bill_Kezos/status/1346577666707607552?s=20

Someone send this to Disney so they can sue Captain Pepe Mandolomerica into oblivion for infringing on their franchises.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

pantslesswithwolves posted:

https://twitter.com/Bill_Kezos/status/1346577666707607552?s=20

Someone send this to Disney so they can sue Captain Pepe Mandolomerica into oblivion for infringing on their franchises.

I just still can't comprehend how pathetic people's lives are that they get sucked into the Cult of Personality to the point of traveling to Washington DC and dressing up like Captain America in support of the Very Angry Fatterpillar.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

CBJSprague24 posted:

I just still can't comprehend how pathetic people's lives are that they get sucked into the Cult of Personality to the point of traveling to Washington DC and dressing up like Captain America in support of the Very Angry Fatterpillar.

The faux fur cloak really ties it all together

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
So, when will we start seeing results in Georgia? Or is there a live shitpost thread for it somewhere else.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

Zamujasa posted:

So, when will we start seeing results in Georgia? Or is there a live shitpost thread for it somewhere else.

Don’t get your hopes up for knowing tonight.

Expect it to be like the general and have a lot of mail in votes that need to be counted.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Ok, at this point, the timeline is becoming the Sideshow Bob stepping on a rake bit- it was funny at first, got tired, then got funny by going back to the same joke.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Thwomp posted:

Expect it to be like the general and have a lot of mail in votes that need to be counted.

Apparently while they can’t count until after the polls close, they were allowed to prep everything else unlike last time.

Also numbers coming in

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2021/01/05/us/elections/results-georgia-runoffs.html?referringSource=articleShare

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013
the effects from Prop 22 are already taking effect in CA.
https://twitter.com/adamconover/status/1346209249312055297

https://www.latimes.com/business/technology/story/2020-12-31/grubhub-policy-post-prop-22-discourages-tips

quote:

Popular food delivery apps typically allow customers to tip drivers a percentage of their meal’s cost, with the default tip often ranging from 10% to 25%. Grubhub switched from that model Dec. 16 when the Chicago company rolled out new fees for customers in California to help cover the costs of driver benefits granted by voters in the state last month. The app now defaults to zero, or no, tip.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Owned by Cerberus Capital, imagine that.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

The sad part is that this would be great, if they paid their drivers a decent loving wage.

Thwomp posted:

I know we won't have the full results, but some results (and exit polls :jerkbag:) would be nice.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Uncle Billy, I know you’re busy right now, but please bless us with a victory in Georgia today, as mighty as your own victories in Georgia.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Uncle Billy, I know you’re busy right now, but please bless us with a victory in Georgia today, as mighty as your own victories in Georgia.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Yup

Problematic Soup
Feb 18, 2007

MazelTovCocktail posted:

:hmmyes:

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Do it, Uncle Billy!

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

You throw me the acorn, I throw you the whip!

MazelTovCocktail posted:

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Donnie went down to Georgia,
He was lookin' for some votes to steal,
He was in a bind and way behind,
But the secretary of state wouldn't deal.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

MazelTovCocktail posted:

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

MazelTovCocktail posted:

So I've been busy but I've stolen some looks at my feed. There's a pretty consistent tale from the smart people.

It might be happening.

It's early.

But it might be happening.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

facialimpediment posted:

So I've been busy but I've stolen some looks at my feed. There's a pretty consistent tale from the smart people.

It might be happening.

It's early.

STOP

HOPE IS A LIE

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

facialimpediment posted:

It might be happening.

It's early.

Aren't the current returns mostly from Atlanta and none of the major chud zones?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006

Stultus Maximus posted:

Aren't the current returns mostly from Atlanta and none of the major chud zones?

Yes only 50% of precincts reporting so far. It’s still in the realm of extremely close given the margins. Not lost by any means, but definitely not a sure victory either.