Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Otherworld Brookhaven in SH3 is the game going balls out with the most visceral horror and it rules. The texture work on the walls of writhing flesh is incredible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

MeatwadIsGod posted:

Otherworld Brookhaven in SH3 is the game going balls out with the most visceral horror and it rules. The texture work on the walls of writhing flesh is incredible.

the mirror room ftw

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Doing S+ hardcore before I do Claire b so I can enjoy a run just mulching zombie asses but I hit a wall fighting crate birkin. I have the resources to kill him but my save it near the beginning of the sewers so it sucks doing 15 mins of bullshit when I die. Also I’m bad at shooting.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
when I was doing the S+ runs I hated the sewer G's so fuckig much
omg I hate them

ugh. UGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH

just thinking about how much I hate them right now (it's so much)

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
I didn’t get around to any spooky games last month, but the REmakes sound pretty good from stuff I’m seeing from you all here. Is 1 also good? I never really played the first few RE games so I’m kinda excited about the remakes.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

ya remake 1 is one of the better games ever made

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Replaying Siren 1 and 2 is my next gaming project. But REmake 1 sounds good, too...

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Tetramin posted:

I didn’t get around to any spooky games last month, but the REmakes sound pretty good from stuff I’m seeing from you all here. Is 1 also good? I never really played the first few RE games so I’m kinda excited about the remakes.

Yeah it's awesome.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

hello im playing Re make 1 for the first time. trying to figure out how to get the mansion key currently (no spoilers please)

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

i beat the pants off RE2 Remake. i wanna get the last few records, and do the 4th survivor stuff. How is the ghost survivors? I just installed RE3 Remake, but it seems like ive still got a lot of Content to do...

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Kongming posted:

Replaying Siren 1 and 2 is my next gaming project. But REmake 1 sounds good, too...

Siren 1 is really oppressive and weird. The butterfly effect stuff is obtuse but still pretty interesting. It sucks that the PS2 sequel never got released in North America because it's supposed to be even better than the first one.

MeatwadIsGod fucked around with this message at 14:01 on Nov 12, 2020

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

MeatwadIsGod posted:

Siren 1 is really oppressive and weird. The butterfly effect stuff is obtuse but still pretty interesting. It sucks that the PS2 sequel never got released in North America because it's supposed to be even better than the first one.

I've actually played the sequel (The PS3 has been hacked, no matter what firmware you're on!) and I think it's technically a better game, but I actually prefer the first one because all of the jank gives it a unique charm.

Siren 1 is oppressive like you said, you have to be really meticulous when it comes to the stealth segments and it's very unforgiving. Most of the time you have no way to really defend yourself. Siren 2 actually lets you pick up weapons dropped by downed enemies, so you almost always have a weapon, and a lot of the time you have a gun. Two of the playable characters are even military so they have poo poo like smoke grenades and assault rifles. Also, halfway through the game all the Shibito enemies get replaced by a new type called Yamibito, and since they hate light you can stun them temporarily by shining your flashlight on them which makes it even easier.

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

im replaying dead space and holy poo poo is that pc port awful lol

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

Maya Fey posted:

im replaying dead space and holy poo poo is that pc port awful lol

I had a video card get fried while playing dead space 2 so I decided those games are cursed and will never play again.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I haven’t been sleeping properly for weeks and I figured out that it was because I was playing resident evil 2 hardcore s+ runs and tofu survivor right before bed every night and it was pumping my adrenaline up too much. I wasn’t scared so don’t try and troll me by saying that.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

drat, Richard died...

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/videogamedeals/status/1329788756245831680

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I unlocked RE3 nightmare mode and the rocket launcher at the same time, and I keep getting hosed up because they moved all the monsters around and added new ones so I cant just run and preemptively blast everything

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
the re3 remake is on sale on psn for $20, very tempting

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Gonna consider Pathologic 2 a scary games because the unspeakable terror just wandering around town hoping osmeone isn't about to start chasing me, or leaving a building and seeing someone charge at me is the most scared i've been in a while in a game lol.

Bought a bull from some guy and then slept on a couch and had a nightmare. Got a trophy for not killing the guys in the train yard in the dream section though!. But it reduced my health from 100% to like 2% lol. Gonna go try go to the kids murderer trial but i suspect i'll be the one on trial

EmmyOk fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Jan 2, 2021

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

bump_fn posted:

It’s very short and takes a ton of liberties with the original but I really liked it

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

First boss in Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia bros. Creepy rear end snail.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Wormskull posted:

:gonk:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

EmmyOk posted:

Gonna consider Pathologic 2 a scary games because the unspeakable terror just wandering around town hoping osmeone isn't about to start chasing me, or leaving a building and seeing someone charge at me is the most scared i've been in a while in a game lol.

Bought a bull from some guy and then slept on a couch and had a nightmare. Got a trophy for [/spoiler]not killing the guys in the train yard in the dream section though![spoiler]. But it reduced my health from 100% to like 2% lol. Gonna go try go to the kids murderer trial but i suspect i'll be the one on trial

please keep providing updates. I think I missed the trial completely, I didn't meet up with someone early enough and they just got disappeared :tinfoil: the children of the steppe are a wily bunch.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

In Training posted:

please keep providing updates. I think I missed the trial completely, I didn't meet up with someone early enough and they just got disappeared :tinfoil: the children of the steppe are a wily bunch.

lol I figured if I didn't go today it might disappear so need to get to it. Probably gotta restart though. The PC can only run it at mid settings and is still a bit judders and I can tell when stuff loads in right behind me lol. Somehow missed that it's on PS4, so gonna get it on that. Get to experience the walk to the church again ftw

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

bump_fn posted:

yeah its worth 20 bucks. not a dollar more

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
its way shorter than even R2make, also way more action oriented, but i had a lot of fun with it

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

RE3 remake is short but great imo

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

well i'm hosed this run i think

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

Ruffini posted:

I swear one day I will get past the 1 hour mark in Resident Evil 7 VR, but today is not that day.

lol this was from forever ago but it was cool watching sebmal stream it and try not to throw up like 3 seperate times

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

Wormskull posted:

lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

EmmyOk posted:

well i'm hosed this run i think

yeah you can't cheat death, but even if you die a crapload the game is still beatable.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

In Training posted:

yeah you can't cheat death, but even if you die a crapload the game is still beatable.

Okay cool. Definitely not telling a group of men beating a man to death for being Artemy Burakh that I'm Artemy Burakh next time

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

EmmyOk posted:

Okay cool. Definitely not telling a group of men beating a man to death for being Artemy Burakh that I'm Artemy Burakh next time

Lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

EmmyOk posted:

Lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Mark Immortell

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

EmmyOk posted:

lol

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

EmmyOk posted:

lol

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Pikced back up after dying and leaving it a few days. Have max hunger and when i sleep it nearly kills me so went out to buy food again and a mugger nearly beat me to death i guess? or a zombie looking lad? my rep is fine so dunno what the gently caress. Managed to escape after beating him itno submission with 0 HP so figured hunger would kill me. Decided to eat the one edible thing i had which did nothing and then a second mugger appeared and punched me in the head killing me instantly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003
are you playing a game or is that real life?