Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

As usual my WT comes up short of 20 consecutive wins because I forgot to usher just that one time on 15+ wins and I can't be assed to grind them again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Ranzear posted:

As usual my WT comes up short of 20 consecutive wins because I forgot to usher just that one time on 15+ wins and I can't be assed to grind them again.

I learned not to ever trust a first attacker when the stunners don't show up. Getting OHKO'd by R trash will do that to you.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Oh it looks like they took down the New Years banner. Maybe something will come out of the UI Goku issue.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
I haven't touched the game for a few days, what happened and is it too late to run some WT and get a handful of gems or w/e from it?

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

TG: if i were you i would just take that fucking devilbeast out behind the woodshed and blow its head off

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Oh it looks like they took down the New Years banner. Maybe something will come out of the UI Goku issue.

The what now

Evil Fluffy posted:

I haven't touched the game for a few days, what happened and is it too late to run some WT and get a handful of gems or w/e from it?

You missed the world tournament, unfortunately, sorry. :( It only runs for like three days at a time and then goes away for like two months. Which is good on one hand because it's super grindy and doing it for even that long gets tedious fast, but also that makes it really easy to miss if you're not paying attention and then you don't get a bunch of free stuff.

Sorry man.

CidGregor fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Jan 4, 2021

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

Lol I did all 3 rounds and even though I'm reasonably happy with my pulls UI Goku was at the top of the list of what I was hoping to snag

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

So basically in the step up summons, all the LRs and dokkanfest characters are pullable on every step. So even on step 1 you can get an LR, even though they aren’t guaranteed yet. This was true for every character besides LR UI Goku, who was only pullable as the final character in the final step. I know a lot of people lost their poo poo when this was found out, hoping for some kind of compensation. Seemed like nothing was gonna happen, until apparently today when they decided to pull the banner down.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

they hosed up bad

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I’m really gonna be kicking myself if they decide to actually refund stones over this, I only did the first step because I wanted to save for Frieza.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

it better be more than just a refund

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Holy poo poo, they finally added the Super Android 13 event to the memories thing, I can finally LR that loving Goku.

And I wasn't after UI Goku, but I wouldn't mind some freebies. I did all three and got Baby Vegeta, FP Frieza, and STR Beerus. So not bad, Beerus was the only new one.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Jan 4, 2021

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

So basically in the step up summons, all the LRs and dokkanfest characters are pullable on every step. So even on step 1 you can get an LR, even though they aren’t guaranteed yet. This was true for every character besides LR UI Goku, who was only pullable as the final character in the final step. I know a lot of people lost their poo poo when this was found out, hoping for some kind of compensation. Seemed like nothing was gonna happen, until apparently today when they decided to pull the banner down.

:stare:

Did they say that publicly? Because saying "hey you can pull this unit on this banner" but not being able to actually do so except for 1 specific spot is going to run afoul of a bunch of countries' laws regarding false advertising.

Maybe they give everyone a free UI Goku if they pulled on the banner (so rip me if that happens).

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

It was officially stated, iirc, but it was pretty hidden. There’d be no reason to suspect something was up unless you went looking for that specific piece of information.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Is there anything I should 100% be going for right now? I'm grinding my way through LR Zamasu, just need the second tier of medals now but after doing it twice I already have 7, so 50 shouldn't take long once I get my stamina back.

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

TG: if i were you i would just take that fucking devilbeast out behind the woodshed and blow its head off

New Leaf posted:

Is there anything I should 100% be going for right now? I'm grinding my way through LR Zamasu, just need the second tier of medals now but after doing it twice I already have 7, so 50 shouldn't take long once I get my stamina back.

Dunno at what point you took a break for a while but as far as what's open now, the f2p namek Gohan and his EZA are very valuable to do, as well as the daily f2p Ginyu Force. Gohan leading those goobers is kind of the go-to team for the Prime Battle LRs, or at least it has been in the past. There's probably other viable teams for that now, there have been a lot of good drop cards lately, but that team is still really solid.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Thanks that sounds like a plan, the last things that I have built up seem to be around the Goku Black arc the first time it came through because I have a lot of Zamasu and SSB Vegito. Nothing from the tournament arc. When I used to play I whaled pretty hard so I have The old LR TEQ Goku and LR Broly that dominates world tournaments.

Think I'm going to finish up this LR Zamasu because I'm so close then switch over to Gohan, thanks for the info.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
There's a lot of EZA events floating around to support the LR SSJ Goku EZA, you need a specific set of 100%ed EZA'd cards to even run it. But yeah, LR STR Zamasu and Kid Gohan are both legit.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Echophonic posted:

There's a lot of EZA events floating around to support the LR SSJ Goku EZA, you need a specific set of 100%ed EZA'd cards to even run it. But yeah, LR STR Zamasu and Kid Gohan are both legit.

Those weren't even a thing last time I played so I'm figuring them out..

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

Speaking of events, is there a trick I'm missing with SBR? I've got pretty solid teams for a bunch of the categories, but I just get my poo poo kicked in immediately. Is it just a matter of using the right items/should I look into building a team around something other than just insanely high damage output?

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I haven't done a lot of SBR, but survivability is pretty important due to the high incoming damage.

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

cptn_dr posted:

Speaking of events, is there a trick I'm missing with SBR? I've got pretty solid teams for a bunch of the categories, but I just get my poo poo kicked in immediately. Is it just a matter of using the right items/should I look into building a team around something other than just insanely high damage output?

It's exactly those two things. Defense is a lot more important in SBR than most game modes. Units like AGL and TEQ gold frieza, STR SS3 Vegeta, and AGL Super-17 are some ideal choices due to having high damage-reduction passives, or TEQ Caulifla and UI Goku who dodge a lot. Also SBR enemies have NO immunites to status effects, so attack-down, SA-sealing and *especially* stuns have a huge impact on survivability. STR SS3 vegeta is a great choice again for stunning, and so is the PHY Metal Cooler movie SS Goku, if you have their EZAs finished. Just to throw out a few examples.

And yeah, careful use of items is important too. 2 defense items and 2 healing items is the default, ideally Icarus and Whis, and Princess Snake and Android 8. Knowing when to use them and when to hold them for later fights can often be the difference-maker, especially for the type-specific SBRs where there are 4 fights instead of 3.

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Perhaps you need to... reverse... his polarity? Hack? Do some hacking?
I hit day 2k, yay for six years of playing this game. And I'm at rank 997 so so that grind will be over.

As someone's whose beaten all the SBR and ESBR's, the most important things are damage mitigation (via all of the methods Cid Gregor mentioned) and item usage, as the battles are usually between 4-5 turns long. The most important thing is to go in expecting that you might run into some BS rng.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Cozz posted:

I hit day 2k, yay for six years of playing this game. And I'm at rank 997 so so that grind will be over.

As someone's whose beaten all the SBR and ESBR's, the most important things are damage mitigation (via all of the methods Cid Gregor mentioned) and item usage, as the battles are usually between 4-5 turns long. The most important thing is to go in expecting that you might run into some BS rng.

Apparently Extreme Category SBR that we don't have yet regularly lasts 9+ turns per fight lol

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I have one more New Years 1 quest and it just says "Clear any Dokkan Event 7 times".. what exactly does it want me to do? Can someone give me an example?

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Any of the Dokkan Awakening stages under the challenge tab, basically. They have a Dokkan tag right next to them.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I'm almost done with Namek Gohan, he's like 92% orbs complete. Just letting stamina come back. Wish the orb system wasn't so fiddly. Would be nice to be able to trade up S > M > L or something.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I always have to do a spreadsheet for those. Real pain in the rear end. It's part of why I haven't finished Team Bardock, gently caress the whole thing. Haven't done F2P LR SSJ Vegeta or Future Trunks, either.

Wow, they refunded the step-up stones. Siiiick.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

With the refund I managed to finish off my step-up pulls, and actually did pretty well. Picked up some useful dupes, two copies of STR UI Goku (appropriately enough, not on the final step) LR INT Godku and STR Jiren, who I've been after for a while.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

i wish they gave out more actual compensation instead of only refund

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

My Frieza summons are going nowhere. I did get SSBKK Goku plus some dupes of Kefla and Angel Golden Frieza so that was pretty great. But I think any more stones I get will go into the step up .

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

celebrating my complete lack of restraint on new years by loling at the 600 stones in my box, holy poo poo

this is more exciting than my stimulus check

Fawf fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Jan 6, 2021

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Bruh I got to roll the new years banner for basically free and I got the new Frieza, I can't believe even dokkan battle got a stimulus check

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I got the LR potential STR Beerus, SSJ3 Broly, a Pure Saiyan leader Vegeta, and PHY Omega Shenron, AGL Bardock, plus some nonsense SSRs like Pan and that old school Xeno Trunks.. Anybody worth putting a bunch of effort into?

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

New Leaf posted:

I got the LR potential STR Beerus, SSJ3 Broly, a Pure Saiyan leader Vegeta, and PHY Omega Shenron, AGL Bardock, plus some nonsense SSRs like Pan and that old school Xeno Trunks.. Anybody worth putting a bunch of effort into?

AGL Bardock is probably the best of those pulls. He also has a farmable super attack so you won't have to use Kai's. The AGL Pure Sayian Vegeta Lead is a great unit with lots of categories, while if you got the PHY Transforming Vegeta he's all right. Some of the SSR"s might be good if they've gotten an EZA to make them better.

With my refunded stones, I was able to get another dupe for Kefla (and getting her to 79%) and rainbow STR Trunks and Mai.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Fawf posted:

celebrating my complete lack of restraint on new years by loling at the 600 stones in my box, holy poo poo

this is more exciting than my stimulus check

Yeah, I'm gonna try to sit on these until the next step up banner

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Cozz posted:

AGL Bardock is probably the best of those pulls. He also has a farmable super attack so you won't have to use Kai's. The AGL Pure Sayian Vegeta Lead is a great unit with lots of categories, while if you got the PHY Transforming Vegeta he's all right. Some of the SSR"s might be good if they've gotten an EZA to make them better.

With my refunded stones, I was able to get another dupe for Kefla (and getting her to 79%) and rainbow STR Trunks and Mai.

It looks like the Vegeta does have a transformation when Dokkan Awakened.

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

New Leaf posted:

It looks like the Vegeta does have a transformation when Dokkan Awakened.

Oh right, the AGL one does have a transformation, but he only has one, whereas the PHY one goes through all of his Super Saiyan Forms.

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

I already got LR Gobros, LR Nappa dupe, LR Goku/Frieza (hellz yeah), LR PHY Cell/Jr, and LR AGI Goku from step-up. I couldn't give a poo poo about UI Goku afther those. Threw coins at FTC Vegito earlier.

Just gonna sit on these 600 refund stones. Frieza is my bratty enby bae but I'll probably just throw a few at this banner for TEQ transformer Frieza and Kefla dupes more than him.

WT rewards are out too.

Ranzear fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Jan 6, 2021

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Grats all of you. I wish I hadn't kept pulling on the SSB boys banner after getting them (was hoping to get gobros too) and missing this banner the first time around. :sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
800 stones on the Frieza banner and no Frieza or Kefla. Urgh.