Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Ruggan posted:

Do you think in a disciplined way?

Long post sorry, but necessary to properly answer the question:

Yes, at least way more so than I did for some decades before I got forcibly humbled enough by karma to become teachable, and learnt and started regularly practising concentration meditations, the thought stopping technique, affirmations and prayer, and had enough psychotherapy and other healings to substantially decrease negative thinking.

I used to hava a fast, constant stream of thoughts, often dark or angry, and would dwell on resentments. I often had the "committee in the head", i.e. multiple thought streams more or less at once, often conflicting.

I used to have all those symptoms of unease constantly, except when drunk etc. (so 90% of the time) at "mental volume levels", if I may call them that, of say 5-9/10. I was habitually disturbed. And I'm not talking schizophrenia... all too many people, sadly, especially in Western societies, think in similar ways.

Nowadays, my thought volume is generally around 1-2, almost all my thoughts are positive, I quickly counteract the negative ones, and I spend a wonderful amount of time not thinking at all. Instead, good creative ideas just pop into my head without me having to 'think" 5,000 words first like the old days. This is a very, very pleasant life change, and is experienced by many people who meditate regularly enough, I've been told by meditation teachers.

I hope Tohro gets a 'Spiritual/Psychological Healing' story branch and finds similar peace. There could also be another story branch where he joins a bad cult and ends up drinking the Kool Aid, to keep some of the atheist readers happy. :viggo:

BigBadSteve fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Jan 4, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Appoda
Oct 30, 2013

I'm sorry, could you break this post up into about 15-20 and spread them out over the course of a couple of weeks? This much content at once spikes my heart rate.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
And obviously it doesn't occur to try looking up that person for contact information online. Nope, that dude is gone from his life forever.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Appoda posted:

I'm sorry, could you break this post up into about 15-20 and spread them out over the course of a couple of weeks?

Do you really want that, heheh.

Appoda posted:

I'm sorry, could you break this post up into about 15-20 and spread them out over the course of a couple of weeks? This much content at once spikes my heart rate.

I'm glad you found my post, and no doubt the topic of meditation, so exciting. But I only brought it up because of a question here in response to my comment about about Tohru's state of mind. I will now get off the subject as I don't want to derail. So to those it might concern, pls direct questions about how to meditate, comments about what a dickhead I am etc. to my priv msgs. (If the latter, say you're from this thread & I won't report you, since I literally asked for it).

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

BigBadSteve posted:

And I'm not talking schizophrenia... all too many people, sadly, especially in Western societies, think in similar ways.

Mental illness doesn't exist in Asia. All those people died from leaving their fans on overnight.

Brother Make
Jun 5, 2020

Post more NEET!!!

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Ruggan posted:

Do you think in a disciplined way?

I bet they dont hold up lines at convenience stores having minor crises about gum

I could be wrong though

Hot Stunt
Oct 2, 2009

Is this the start of the Making a Friend arc?

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Friendship with Kinjirou ended, yakitori is new best friend

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

What is friend? (Buddies desert me)

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

oh no

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

Enter Oda?

Brother Make
Jun 5, 2020

Post more NEET!!!

EdgyCoffeeMug
Jan 11, 2019

What is a friend? a miserable little pile of secrets

Hot Stunt
Oct 2, 2009

NEET's best (and only) friend in the whole wide world is someone he worked with for less than a month and who he presumably hasn't been in contact with for over two years and who barely speaks the same language as him. Wonder if Mr Lee even remembers him.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
At least some middle aged Chinese dockworker is unlikely to go online and spread Bean Quest spoilers any further.

Why doesn't NEET just talk to his dad about this fancy game tester job? He seemed like a cool guy before the whole self defense thing in the other ark.

Slumpy
Jun 10, 2008
i wonder what oda is doing in this timeline

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
he's a married and successful manga author right now isn't he?

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

TheAardvark posted:

he's a married and successful manga author right now isn't he?

He is going to charge in and kill Tohru's parents at an awkward moment while muttering loudly to himself about fixing the timeline. Then he jumps into a Delorean and vanishes.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

neet doesnt have any online pals from gaming or forums?

Docteur
Jan 4, 2019

Impressive how NEET can meditate so long on such simple concepts

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

simplefish posted:

neet doesnt have any online pals from gaming or forums?

He plays single player JRPG's and posts on 2chan. How many friends does that bring you?

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Slumpy posted:

i wonder what oda is doing in this timeline

I'm convinced Oda has a snot covered carpet in every timeline.

BigBadSteve fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Jan 5, 2021

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Tohru's biggest friend is surely food.

Brother Make
Jun 5, 2020

Post more NEET!!!

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven
Call him and ask him about the nature of your relationship, only way to find out.

Sir Bobert Fishbone
Jan 16, 2006

Beebort
"Mr. Lee are you still my best friend?"

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

Now he's just somebody that you used to know

Much like Gotye is for all of us

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
If only old NEET had this level of 'wait, how close am I actually with this person?' powers before destroying his romantic life.

Brother Make
Jun 5, 2020

Post more NEET!!!

nullEntityRNG
Jun 23, 2010

Mostly pseudo-random.

:smith: at least this will prevent him from leaking the details of the game...

Hot Stunt
Oct 2, 2009

In a few years he will get a call from an unknown number and will ignore it.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Slumpy
Jun 10, 2008

was sweating for a bit, but now me and neet are tied

Brother Make
Jun 5, 2020

Post more NEET!!!

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
she better not kill herself again. >: (

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

The sad thing is that NEET's mom would be absolutely chuffed that her failson is actually contributing to society somehow, even if she isn't an epic gamer

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

The sad thing is that NEET's mom would be absolutely chuffed that her failson is actually contributing to society somehow, even if she isn't an epic gamer

yeah i bet his parents would be loving stoked

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

TheAardvark posted:

yeah i bet his parents would be loving stoked

They already are, do you see the sweet meals he's coming home to? No more lazy rice egg and natto for him!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

nullEntityRNG posted:

:smith: at least this will prevent him from leaking the details of the game...

:lol:

Though I hope that Tohro doesn't decide everyone must hate him, since he has no friends, and start stocking up on assault rifles and ammo for some :neet: He's not an American so the odds are in his favor there.

Unrelated, it just struck ne recently that he seems to have more than a touch of the 'tism.