Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

hup posted:

I hope holiday Groot is just a Christmas tree

Bastards gonna make me spend money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Glad I didn't buy any costumes in the black friday sale, because i have about 3k diamonds saved.

Sentry better be Awsome because they made me spend 200 ccf on a task.

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Dec 5, 2020

Jai Guru Dave
Jan 3, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
I justified blowing the 200 on "Well, he is Tier 3, so I'd be spending CCF on a Tier 3 journey anyway." But it is annoying, and I think before too long some of the tasks will have serious sticker shock.

EDIT - hey, I got to sting of the Scorpion that was a daily task two weeks ago or whenever! There's always something funny about when a new character makes a big entrance, but it's a level 40 task and the poor guy has to face awakened Beta Ray Bill or Tier 3 Immortal Hulk or whoever and just gets waxed

Jai Guru Dave fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Dec 9, 2020

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm going with it because at least it gives me a reason to ignore everyone else and re-stock my supplies a little. I actually ran out of BAM the other day. I was so focused on Awakening everyone I burned through all of it. So the Epic Quest can occupy me for awhile. That's kind of what I like about this game most. There's so many game modes I can just go on autopilot for some of them for awhile and play something else I was neglecting.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
So i shelled out for the premium track in the rewards, because it should help me get back to getting widow to t3. It did not give me the baby groot icon though. It says I acquired it through the track. Funny enough I'm using the Apocalypse icon and it says I don't have that either.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

twistedmentat posted:

So i shelled out for the premium track in the rewards, because it should help me get back to getting widow to t3. It did not give me the baby groot icon though. It says I acquired it through the track. Funny enough I'm using the Apocalypse icon and it says I don't have that either.

Go into your inventory, they should be in the first tab I think. You have to manually activate them from there for them to show up in the icons options.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

bagrada posted:

Go into your inventory, they should be in the first tab I think. You have to manually activate them from there for them to show up in the icons options.

oooh. There it is, now I can advertise my shame with a cute dancing tree.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Well Knull is rekindling my enthusiasm for this game. It's nice to have a challenge to grind towards, even though I feel like I really need to do my research and understand stuff at a higher level than I have before.

Hoping Holiday DP, Quicksilver, Sentry (when EQ is done), or Moonstone will land me my first win against him (still grinding some things out before I really try).

Then I'll probably work on my Odin unless this Thor update provides a new top tier character.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Who is in that preview? I am totally at a loss who it could be.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Its Thor with the power cosmic as the herald of Galactus? Some quick googling suggests that's something called "The Black Winter"?

I'm surprised its not WandaVision since that's out Jan 15th. But maybe this is a mixed update, or they'll come mid month, or for Feb.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Dec 29, 2020

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

The Dave posted:

Well Knull is rekindling my enthusiasm for this game. It's nice to have a challenge to grind towards, even though I feel like I really need to do my research and understand stuff at a higher level than I have before.

Hoping Holiday DP, Quicksilver, Sentry (when EQ is done), or Moonstone will land me my first win against him (still grinding some things out before I really try).

Then I'll probably work on my Odin unless this Thor update provides a new top tier character.

I started doing Knull when they added that extra ccf and I'm having the same experience with something new to build towards. I'm only able to clear him twice right now with Medusa/Bill/Mystique awakening skill rotations and Ghost Rider carrying my second team. Sharon is supposed to be able to do it really well too, but I think I just don't understand how to get her accumulation up the right way. Going to try with Moonstone once I unlock her potential.

I hope they let us transcend/awaken Valkyrie with this new update for another support for Knull. Already got Thor at t3 and assuming it's a good upgrade, that could be another Knull clear.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I just watched this and now I really want to build out Carnage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjekGfjIVSQ

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

The Dave posted:

I just watched this and now I really want to build out Carnage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjekGfjIVSQ

I guess I'll throw that Rage I just got on Carnage and get started on that, but what's the 70% bonus from Miles Morales? I couldn't find anything in his skills or in the new uni about it.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

I just awakened Moonstone who is up there with Beta Ray Bill in one shotting low UWB regularly. I still need 250 ccf plus I think the last research of 1200 ccf to finish the Sentry epic quest and get Molecule Man. I'm torn on doing that vs working on Carnage or Loki. I normally hate Carnage but have to admit his alien/demon costume is pretty rad. I have the red gems to awaken Medusa or Spider-woman too but I don't want to spend the CCF. I hope Thor is good now*, he was the last char I T3'd before the epic quest was announced.

I also wonder if Vision and Wanda will get black and white betwitched style costumes from the tv show, that could be neat. I never did buy any of the cartoon costumes.

*edit: with the coming update

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Sentry seems like a solid T3 but Molecule Man is getting lots of heat for being awful. From what I've seen it doesn't look like Sentry can do the things Carnage is doing, but I don't know enough about the builds I've seen.

I need to awaken Mystique but holy poo poo is farming these gem fragments awful. The race for me is to get someone that can clear Knull so I can start farming more CCF steadily. I might even have a team that can do it now but I just haven't had the patience to sit down and test it.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I have a ton of awakened people and I think the key is just do the Squad Battle every day. It doesn't take much effort at all. You can autorun it. But it racks up the gem fragments.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Once you get the weekly you have six days of just 10-15 a day right? My understanding is get over 800k with each team then do it once a day until the reset.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

The Diddler posted:

I guess I'll throw that Rage I just got on Carnage and get started on that, but what's the 70% bonus from Miles Morales? I couldn't find anything in his skills or in the new uni about it.
It's on Miles's Leadership from his new uni. No, the preview doesn't show you that it changes, but it does.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The Dave posted:

Once you get the weekly you have six days of just 10-15 a day right? My understanding is get over 800k with each team then do it once a day until the reset.

I'm not sure about the exact numbers, but yeah basically. The daily thing is small but it adds up. But you want the weekly bunch. And I just find it easier to do one a day then remember to do 6 of them before the reset when I don't even remember what day it is.

I don't think any of the numbers are overwhelming but it just adds up and is easier than Knull.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Huh I've literally not bothered with Squad Battle, i guess i should.

Okay, I'm like 2 days from getting Spider-Woman to t2, who should i put the remaining 20 days of my bio sub into? I'm thinking Zemo, Rescue or Ares. Unless Morbius, Daken, Thane or Red Shulk are better choices.

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

twistedmentat posted:

Huh I've literally not bothered with Squad Battle, i guess i should.

Okay, I'm like 2 days from getting Spider-Woman to t2, who should i put the remaining 20 days of my bio sub into? I'm thinking Zemo, Rescue or Ares. Unless Morbius, Daken, Thane or Red Shulk are better choices.

Daken and Ares are required for Sentry and Molecule Man, if you care about that. Daken is mutant sub though.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

You can get Daken bios through the Epic Quest so I personally wouldn't use sub bios on him IMO.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Zemo is a good villain team leader.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Oh yea I just unlocked the mission with Daken Bios, so yea its Ares or Zemo. Probably Ares then.

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

Sentry apparently demolishes everyone else in PvP if you play him manually. Oddly enough my mediocre Jean with Authority beats him on auto, but I usually hover around 3k points in Vibranium because she's my only real pvp character so these might just be poorly built Sentries.

The new update is pretty good so far. I forgot that Iron Man level 70 was one of the requirements for the story mode that gives 5*/6* cards. I'm definitely not going to touch that Agents of Shield one though with all those crappy level 70 requirements. I hear good things about t3 Loki but if he's only good for abx I just don't see a reason to bother with how crap the rewards are past 600k. I think I'd rather focus on Valkyrie right now to add another usable support for Knull.

I finally got to 5 Knull clears a day thanks to Thor's new uni. I'll probably shuffle my teams around more when smarter people than me figure out his new rotation. I've got Solo Medusa, Ghost Rider with Cap Marvel leadership, Star-Lord/Sharon/Mystique, Dr. Strange/Moonstone, and Bill/Thor, though most of my teams can only clear up to stage 2.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Somehow between now and from before the Sentry epic quest, I’ve spent 120,000,000 gold between leveling up different people and just yesterday finally noticed.

Okay I really need a knoll team now haha I’m thinking of T3i g carnage with my 800 CCF instead of finished the Epic Quest.

Jai Guru Dave
Jan 3, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

A surfing dog?! posted:

I think I'd rather focus on Valkyrie
Would one need to buy her biometrics in order to get her new uniform above normal?

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

Jai Guru Dave posted:

Would one need to buy her biometrics in order to get her new uniform above normal?

Yeah

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Yikes I am having a hard time tacking down Thanos on 13-3 in this new story mode. My characters are really ill-equiped, maybe my cards just suck or I didn't invest enough in Uros. I watched a video of new Thor demolishing the poo poo out of Thanos but mine is more like a glass cannon with half the power, then again I don't have Bill awakened for his lightning damage lead.

This game feels so new now.

Jai Guru Dave
Jan 3, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Well, shucky-darn.

I'll keep Tessa Thompson, then, and wait for Love and Thunder.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I've been saving up for Nova Rider, but got the Loki uni so I could have a Universal Villain who could actually clear Squad Battle on Auto. I have him ready to T3, too, once I get enough CCF.

Although I've also got Ghost Rider, Thanos, Surfer, Wolverine, Magneto, Xavier, Storm, Spider-Man, and Wanda ready to T3 as well, with Odin at 68 needing a poo poo ton of BAM to get there.

I've barely taken a crack at Knull. He seems like such a slog. But I'll try those combos and see if I can pull it off, although it'll be a while before I awaken Medusa.

It is kind of nice to not give a poo poo about Dark Avengers so I'm mostly just unlocking the Epic Quest naturally rather than rushing through it and blowing resources.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I bought all the costumes. I actually found the Thor one pretty lackluster, though that might be because I only have him t2 and not t3 yet. Yet still Thorbowski didn't do too bad. Valk's costume is solid though. Haven't tried out Loki's yet though.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I got Thor's and I T3ed Carnage last night and realizing that maybe I don't know how to play the game. Maybe my cards sucks, I don't know, but I can't kill Knull yet and I think I have some pieces that should be able to figure it out. My support characters might also suck.

Who is the best for your first awakening? I assume Mystique but I don't even fully know what her passive is. Bill is tempting to see if his lead with Thor would get me a Knull clear.

bobmcdynamite
Sep 6, 2011
If you have Sharon with energy, Starlord lead with Mystique support is a pretty safe bet. Odin with rage is also a pretty easy clear.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

How necessary is Sharon's newest outfit versus the one before that? I'm not totally sure of the state difference.

I neglected to T3 Odin in the past and now 1600 CCF feels like an eternity from now.

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

The Dave posted:

I got Thor's and I T3ed Carnage last night and realizing that maybe I don't know how to play the game. Maybe my cards sucks, I don't know, but I can't kill Knull yet and I think I have some pieces that should be able to figure it out. My support characters might also suck.

Who is the best for your first awakening? I assume Mystique but I don't even fully know what her passive is. Bill is tempting to see if his lead with Thor would get me a Knull clear.

Are you having trouble with deaths or damaging him? I'd lean towards obelisks/ctps/cards being the issue if it's damage. There aren't many good leaders for Carnage either unfortunately. Knull also has some dodge, so bringing along an ignore dodge striker is a good idea. I'd say Mystique and Bill are pretty good choices for awakening. Moonstone is incredibly strong and probably the best but with how much she costs I wouldn't recommend her to people unless they have 6600 crystals lying around.

I don't know when they plan on doing it, but I feel like Sharon might get a new uni soon. I skipped the one before her newest so I don't really have any input on that.

A surfing dog?! fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Jan 8, 2021

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Mild effort post then:

My Carnage has a CTP of rage, mythic costume, stage 10 power of an angry hulk, and Urus in all slots. When I went after Knull I used a Cyclops lead but didn’t have any passives on my third character. Seemed like a decent build but these are his stats:

These are my cards, which I felt like were okay:

In my limited runs I can’t get past Knulls first instant kill so really low damage for what I expected. Still thinking Mystique for my first awakened, I do have Moonstone at T2 but I feel like I need to go with a strong support. These are my T3s:

bobmcdynamite
Sep 6, 2011

The Dave posted:

How necessary is Sharon's newest outfit versus the one before that? I'm not totally sure of the state difference.

I neglected to T3 Odin in the past and now 1600 CCF feels like an eternity from now.

I just tried with Sharon's old costume and I couldn't do it. Her new one really does make a big difference.

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

Your cards are fine, but you need to cap Dodge to get the most out of Rage. Cyclops is a good lead, and I think you'll definitely be good to go once you can throw Mystique on that team. I don't know who your third is, but Quicksilver is apparently pretty good against Knull too, and I've seen Mr Fantastic do good burst damage when it's been needed to push Knull into his next phase. A Cyclops/Thor/Storm team should be pretty good too, but I've heard Thor's kinda tough to play without a Rage/Judgment.

Also pierce is ridiculous. I lucked out and got 3 blue stars from crafting one of my cards and it shaved a minute off my stage 4 knull clear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I think the reason I can't beat Knull might possibly involve the fact that I barely know what a proc is and I don't understand how to make a proc proc.