Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
Should note she's gay.

And her introduction is her loving her polycule of devil girls senesless.

skaianDestiny fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Jan 6, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I don't care about posting stuff that's read right to left (though would appreciate a notice) but please, please don't post 2 page spreads where you're supposed to read the left page before the right, but read the individual pages right to left.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
It literally has boxes in the corner telling you the order to read it in

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
I didn't make the pic either so

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

site posted:

It literally has boxes in the corner telling you the order to read it in

It's still very weird formatting. Usually manga that's keeping the R-L format also has you read the right hand page first OR if it's mirrored, you read left to right. This is half-and-half.

Gaz-L fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Jan 6, 2021

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
I wonder who did make that pic and why. I'm pretty sure that they don't read that way on SJ.

Edit: It is pretty great though, I think I'm finally gonna take the plunge on Chainsaw Man.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

As of right now Part One is complete but they haven't said when Part Two will start. They've been putting it out in collected volumes but if you're in America the best way to read it is by signing up for Viz's Shonen Jump service as it is just $1.99 a month and you have everything available from the get go. You also get access to a bunch of currently running and classic series like One Piece, One Punch Man, Demon Slayer, Dragon Ball/Z/Super and JJBA up to Diamond is Unbreakable.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

muscles like this! posted:

As of right now Part One is complete but they haven't said when Part Two will start. They've been putting it out in collected volumes but if you're in America the best way to read it is by signing up for Viz's Shonen Jump service as it is just $1.99 a month and you have everything available from the get go. You also get access to a bunch of currently running and classic series like One Piece, One Punch Man, Demon Slayer, Dragon Ball/Z/Super and JJBA up to Diamond is Unbreakable.

That remains a truly absurd deal.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

The Shonen Jump app being so inexpensive just boggles my mind. They could most certainly get away charging a great deal more for it and I'm honestly surprised they're not charging more.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe
Yep, I've been using the SJ app on my work breaks to reread old manga. Sure beats looking at Twitter.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Vandar posted:

The Shonen Jump app being so inexpensive just boggles my mind. They could most certainly get away charging a great deal more for it and I'm honestly surprised they're not charging more.

Yeah I honestly haven't even been reading manga recently but I let it roll because $2/month is a loving great deal for when I do want to hop back in.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
I keep eyeing up a Jump sub and the only things on it I would even read are BnHA and OPM and it still seems a fair value.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Toshimo posted:

I keep eyeing up a Jump sub and the only things on it I would even read are BnHA and OPM and it still seems a fair value.

I've been reading Yu-Gi-Oh on it and it's pretty wild

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Dawgstar posted:

That remains a truly absurd deal.

The other bonkers part is how they're putting out current stuff literally days after it drops in Japan. No more waiting weeks/months for official translations or having to go through a scanlation group that adds a bunch of swears for some reason.

MasterBuilder
Sep 30, 2008
Oven Wrangler
If anyone is curious Yu Gi Oh card stops pistol hammer scene SCIENCE: IT KIND OF HALF WORKS

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

I wouldn't want to gamble on the cardboard holding together for that. He really should be using card sleeves if he's going to be jamming guns with them.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

The other bonkers part is how they're putting out current stuff literally days after it drops in Japan. No more waiting weeks/months for official translations or having to go through a scanlation group that adds a bunch of swears for some reason.

So Kishimoto didn't want Naruto to swear like a sailor? Huge if true! (I kid, that was always super annoying.)

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvNxgHTWIlo

Always relevant.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

I'm pretty sure that WSJ official translations release simultaneously with the Japanese magazine release. Unofficial scanlations are done using raws scanned from magazines stolen from the factories, at least they were up till a few years ago and I can't imagine things have changed much. There was an incident years back now where an English speaking fan tweeted at Tite Kubo (the mangaka of Bleach) how much he'd loved the development in the most recent chapter, to which Kubo replied basically "That chapter hasn't even hit shelves in Japan yet, you loving pirate"

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
I don't think there's a thread specifically for it, but Al Ewing's Guardians of the Galaxy has been loving amazing thus far. Just pretend I posted the page where Star-Lord shoots a symbiote dragon.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...

I know he's done actual voicework and acting since then but to me this is still ProZD's peak.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Nilbop posted:

I know he's done actual voicework and acting since then but to me this is still ProZD's peak.

I also liked the vid he did trying to explain the plot of Naruto to his wife.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe
I finished reading Chainsaw Man

It's good.

My favorite (minor) detail? At some point in the past Chainsaw Man erased all Nazi's from existence

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
But who's president then?

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Dinette Set knows the importance of food handling.

Working Daze is an Outer Limits reference, just to save you the trouble.

Super-Fun-Pak Comix is...wait, what were we talking about?

Cul De Sac are all good boys, Brent.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

is that a metacomplaint about mangaposting or did you get the wrong tab

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Demon Slayer time. Context, Tanjiro is fighting one of the 12 Kizuki who are the top lieutenants of the originator of all demons, Muzan Kibutsuji. Kibutsuji also slaughtered Tanjiro's family, leaving behind only his little sister Nezuko, who he turned into a demon. Something happened with Nezuko though where even though she's a demon she fights on the side of humanity and doesn't eat people.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I hope the rest of Demon Slayer gets animated. It was a really good read, and the production quality of the anime is super top notch.

Abandoned Reincarnated Sage - Chapter 1

tl;dr setup - Sage dies and reincarnates himself with a spell, he retains all his memories because ~isekai~. Gets abandoned by humans and is raised by Goblins. Orcs attack the village and this happens

Just straight up hook isekais up to my veins.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Infinitum posted:

I hope the rest of Demon Slayer gets animated. It was a really good read, and the production quality of the anime is super top notch.

Demon Slayer is ridiculously popular in Japan. The movie, which came out in October and adapts the demon train arc, is the highest grossing film of all time in Japan. While the manga had a moment in October when the 22 collected volumes occupied the top 22 spots in a weekly sales chart.

So I think it is pretty safe to say that they're going to animate the rest of the story.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Do hope they fix up the issues that came later. The author was rumored to have had some personal troubles during the latter days of the manga that may have led to it feeling quite rushed.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Do hope they fix up the issues that came later. The author was rumored to have had some personal troubles during the latter days of the manga that may have led to it feeling quite rushed.

Its pacing was honestly kind of all over the place. It felt like it was ramping up to a finish and had fairly well-paced arcs. Then the anime aired and it started rivaling one piece in popularity, so the ending feels really stretched out. Definitely curious to see what the author does next though.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Guardians of the Galaxy #10: Peter Quill has seemingly come back from the dead and he's way stronger than he was before, right in time to defend the planet Spartax from a giant symbiote dragon controlled by edgelord supreme Knull, god of the symbiotes. So he has Nova fly him straight into the dragon.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

So... Peter has a sun gun?

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...

ruddiger posted:

So... Peter has a sun gun?

It's his old element gun, except, well a LOT is happening in Ewings' GotG run. It's all great.

This chapter was preceded by a Barbarella-esque issue explaining what Pete went through immediately before turning up here. It's seriously all fun.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Oh neat, looks like they’re bringing back some of the stuff from Englehart’s original Star Lord story? I’ll have to check that out then.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

Nilbop posted:

It's his old element gun, except, well a LOT is happening in Ewings' GotG run. It's all great.

Quoting for truth. Right now it looks like Peter Quill has essentially achieved enlightenment.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Cut your loving nails, Pete. No one likes that.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Peter Quill: Day Man

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤

Alacron posted:

My favorite (minor) detail? At some point in the past Chainsaw Man erased all Nazi's from existence
If you like that kind of thing, you might dig Undead Unluck. It's about superpowered rulebreakers; each of the protagonsts is UN-something. Undead is immune to death; the rule means nothing to him. Unluck triggers an improbable, unsurvivable act of random chance when she touches anyone. They're perfect for each other.

"Ninety-eight times..."

It's got a rough few starting chapters, but it quickly goes full-bore bonkers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
If Zechs Merquise tells you to attack and dethrone God, you attack and dethrone God.