Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Dead end indeed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Samuel L. ACKSYN posted:

when i was younger i was driving around with my aunt, and we ended up coming across what we called "the weird house". it became one of those things that came up occasionally, like "hey remember that weird house?"

anyway i found it on google maps

Well, you were not wrong. That's a weird house.

Kaiser Schnitzel
Mar 29, 2006

Schnitzel mit uns

Samuel L. ACKSYN posted:

when i was younger i was driving around with my aunt, and we ended up coming across what we called "the weird house". it became one of those things that came up occasionally, like "hey remember that weird house?"

Can confirm that that is definitely a weird house.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Wow, I'm not the only one to repurpose old sliding doors as insulated picture windows!

Spring Heeled Jack
Feb 25, 2007

If you can read this you can read
I had a house that was painted black outside and stark white on-site show up in my Instagram discover page today.

I remember reading an art critic review of Thomas Kinkade’s paintings of houses, how he always painted the windows with glowing light. I think he described the light as the fires of hell coming out.

That’s how I feel about these all white interiors.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Knowing a thing or two about Kinkade, it was the piss.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Hello, Crappy Construction thread! I have been working my way through the last....4-5ish years of posts, and while I still have about 300 pages left to catch up on, I did want to share this:

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1512952298901797/

No spoilers/teasers, you will want to see this.

GoonyMcGoonface
Sep 11, 2001

Friends don't left friends do ECB
Dinosaur Gum

Johnny Aztec posted:

On the one hand, the little kid deep down in me is jumping for joy at an actual real-life treehouse -- complete with piano and greenhouse, nonetheless.

The adult in me is eyeing the alignment of the flooring beams and wondering if it's possible to take out a life insurance policy on whoever buys the thing.

Edit: Is that a structural plastic water cistern?

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

The worse construction in that link however is Facebook, i can't do anything on my tablet.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Johnny Aztec posted:

Hello, Crappy Construction thread! I have been working my way through the last....4-5ish years of posts, and while I still have about 300 pages left to catch up on, I did want to share this:

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1512952298901797/

Why are some of the pictures of a tablet? Oh, it looks like this property was featured on a tv show?

"Watch Building Off the Grid season 10 episode 4 Online

A musician and college student wants an off-the-grid treehouse compound with three structures, each serving living and sustainability, in the Arkansas woods. Water and supply issues will make finishing it in 30 days hard, even with his father's help."

Hmm, yes, a second-hand college student's hobby project with water issues sounds grand.

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

Facebook Aunt posted:

Why are some of the pictures of a tablet? Oh, it looks like this property was featured on a tv show?

"Watch Building Off the Grid season 10 episode 4 Online

A musician and college student wants an off-the-grid treehouse compound with three structures, each serving living and sustainability, in the Arkansas woods. Water and supply issues will make finishing it in 30 days hard, even with his father's help."

Hmm, yes, a second-hand college student's hobby project with water issues sounds grand.

21 grand to be precise

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

the treehouse looks cool at least. kind of a red flag when you see the piano, i wonder if it has ever been in tune

Clayton Bigsby
Apr 17, 2005

This place grew up recently close to where we used to live.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Designed by jery age 4

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

Clayton Bigsby posted:

I made that in Lego form when I was 7 or 8.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Clayton Bigsby posted:

Wow, not common to see a sample of Cordyceps Architecturalis in such an advanced stage, normally they perish to electrical fires much earlier. Soon this sample will be ready to release spores into the neighboring HOAs.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

The windows are all crying

The house is self-aware

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Clayton Bigsby posted:

"This fine example of a Trump House comes complete with a artist's rendition of the dictator's reptilian soul"

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

"This fine example of a Trump House comes complete with a artist's rendition of the dictator's reptilian soul"

Built with Freedom from libtard building codes

Although I'd imagine a Trump house would have more vinyl columns and gold paint.

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun

Sloppy posted:

Built with Freedom from libtard building codes

Although I'd imagine a Trump house would have more vinyl columns and gold paint.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Imagine going through all that trouble and not even getting the number of stripes correct. I would forgive 50 stars because of the windows and poo poo if you had the pattern at least, but just those sadsack nine stars are so laughable.

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

Is it just the angle or did they stretch their giant Trump cutout to make him look thinner?

Jam With Seeds
Dec 20, 2008

Samuel L. ACKSYN posted:

It looks like it built itself out of pieces of the houses it murdered.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Ashcans posted:

Imagine going through all that trouble and not even getting the number of stripes correct. I would forgive 50 stars because of the windows and poo poo if you had the pattern at least, but just those sadsack nine stars are so laughable.

They probably started on the long end with 13 and forgot the roof did a ^

sleepy gary
Jan 11, 2006

e: nm

BonerGhost
Mar 9, 2007

Clayton Bigsby posted:

Are all you people joyless squares or do I just have terrible taste?

Strabo4
Jun 1, 2007

Oh god, I'm 'sperging all
over this thread too!

BonerGhost posted:

Are all you people joyless squares or do I just have terrible taste?

Yeah I didn't get the immediate negative reaction, it's a little odd and I might question the usability of that 4th floor but it certainly isn't any metastasized McMansion hell with an auto-generated roof. I kinda like the primary color tower.

Edit: Ok, the door to the exposed third floor balcony is a little more questionable.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

This. This is why we have HOAs.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Edit: Sorry Kaiser.

AFewBricksShy fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Jan 6, 2021

Kaiser Schnitzel
Mar 29, 2006

Schnitzel mit uns

This is a gentle reminder of rule 14:

quote:

14. Please keep politics out of Hobbies, Crafts, & Houses. Many of us use our hobbies and houses as an escape. There's plenty of room for political stuff in D&D and CSPAM-let's save this forum for shitposting about our collapsing nightmare houses.

There's a bunch of abandoned antebellum houses around here, and I've always thought it was neat how long they last. If the roof stays more or less in tact and they don't catch on fire, they stay together pretty well. I don't know why these guys are failing-earthquakes? Windstorms?

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

I'd be so into reinforcing and setting them as they are. You can use them at Halloween every year!

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
This is a great photo that I have cleverly defaced so as to be apolitical

There’s still a sign for a dogcatcher, but dogcatcher is a nonpartisan office so I think it’s safe to leave.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Makes that old comedy sketch about placing the toilet inside the shower seem sane and well considered by contrast.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

THa gently caress?

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

I don't know why these guys are failing-earthquakes? Windstorms?

A house divided against itself cannot stand. :q:

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

tater_salad posted:

THa gently caress?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2b-wTJ8x3E

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

I know the skit.. Just failing to understand the high toilet.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
It's an upper decker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

tater_salad posted:

I know the skit.. Just failing to understand the high toilet.

The Man on the High Toilet is an alt-history novel where germany and japan won the war and the USA is split between toilets with poop shelves and high-tech bidets.