Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
?
This poll is closed.
Yes 62 44.93%
No 76 55.07%
Total: 138 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

Dare I ask where the video aired?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
https://twitter.com/lotoysrus/status/1346903101723320322

PookBear posted:

watching someone bleed out while draped in a trump flag loving rules

Goddamnit, Pook.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
Who shot her anyways?

e: apparently a cop. poo poo's about to go into overdrive isn't it.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Is it even confirmed if she was a trumper or congress staffer yet?

Notahippie
Feb 4, 2003

Kids, it's not cool to have Shane MacGowan teeth

As Nero Danced posted:

Who shot her anyways?

The video makes it look like she was shot through a door, probably the same one that is showing up a lot with multiple House police on the other side with their guns drawn. A reporter inside the room had reported that there were shots - he had reported it as shooting into the room, but it was probably (IMO) a House police officer shooting out and catching her.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
https://twitter.com/KevOnStage/status/1346937897060945920

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

As Nero Danced posted:

Who shot her anyways?

The shots came from inside the chambers -- security forces I think had the door blockaded for a minute and she tried to climb over.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Pretty sure it was two people shot so far. One in the chest, another in the neck, so which one was it?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Soylent Pudding posted:

Dare I ask where the video aired?

I saw it on fox. She looked hosed. I turned on fox just to see how they were reacting to this, and they have overwhelmingly condemned it. Every republican they've had on the air has said this is hosed up and trump is at fault. I'm really shocked by it.

Stravag posted:

She looked like a protestor to me.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

That crowd would've been just as happy to rip McConnel or Cruz' throats out as AOC or Tlaib's, all the craven opportunism in the world still isn't going to let the republicans ignore direct attack on their own personal physical safety.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Ok i hadn't watched the vid because i wasnt feeling up to watch someone get shot today

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

pantslesswithwolves posted:

They were doing CPR on her as she was carried from the building; she was likely DOA and that was performative to keep the Chuds from freaking out more.

I think it's a liability thing with stateside medics. They have to exhaust every reasonable option, no matter how obviously hopeless it is to a professional, or at least that's what the military medics made it sound like after coming back from their stint doing trauma medicine with hospitals.

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".

Slim Pickens posted:

I think it's a liability thing with stateside medics. They have to exhaust every reasonable option, no matter how obviously hopeless it is to a professional, or at least that's what the military medics made it sound like after coming back from their stint doing trauma medicine with hospitals.

Isn't that like the first thing you learn at CPR training? Once you start the only reason you can stop is cause you can't physically continue or a medical professional pronounces? Something like that.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Pence changed his Twitter banner to Biden/Harris?! That's good

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

It's he and his wife I think.

Glad you got it. I was going back to report it.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Jan 7, 2021

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

Been off line all day, oh hey let's log on and see how the Trump Pity Party wen...:ohno:

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

https://twitter.com/fakemikemulloy/status/1346955004645498882?s=20

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Slim Pickens posted:

That’s what I remember from basic first aid, although those rules apply to the population at large and not necessarily to actual medical professionals, with their assortment of drugs, treatments, and machines. Automatic CPR machines are probably a lifesaver ( :suicide: ) to the EMTs that would otherwise be stuck doing compressions until they arrived at the hospital.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Oh...oh man...I don't want to laugh at this...

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

lightpole posted:

Isn't that like the first thing you learn at CPR training? Once you start the only reason you can stop is cause you can't physically continue or a medical professional pronounces? Something like that.

Yea I think that's a universal(ish) first aid thing, it's a thing here in NZ for sure.

I know this is hosed up but man I do find myself hoping it was a protestor that got shot, not a staffer

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

CBJSprague24 posted:

I held out for a few minutes

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Trump’s most loyal advisor has touched us with his gifted hands.

https://twitter.com/SecretaryCarson/status/1346930516662972416

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".
I guess I should have expected it but its like the BLM protests didn't even happen and they didn't bother to learn a loving thing. You can tell the veteran casters cause they know exactly whats coming, when, and are prepared to get out of the way.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

CBJSprague24 posted:

I'll do it for you!

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

CNN just posted this on their live feed.

quote:

in ago
Trump defends the storming of the Capitol
From CNN's Allie Malloy
President Trump is now defending the actions of his supporters who stormed and vandalized the Capitol.

“These are the things and events that happen when a sacred landslide election victory is so unceremoniously & viciously stripped away," he tweeted.

Trump concluded the tweet, rather stunningly, with “Remember this day forever!” There is no proof of widespread election fraud and the election was not stolen from Trump.

At the end of the tweet, Trump also called on the rioters to “go home with love & in peace.”

:fuckoff:

Notahippie
Feb 4, 2003

Kids, it's not cool to have Shane MacGowan teeth
Police/NG moving in on stream - beating on their shields and forcing the crowd back, probably setting up a kettling.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Does that.... fit the definition of treason?

stuxracer
May 4, 2006

Can we please shut off his Twitter account now?

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

:drat:

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

stuxracer posted:

That decision is in the hands of billionaires who will face zero consequences either way, and could step away to live in absolute luxury anytime they like.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

stuxracer posted:

jack would never do that lol

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
C-SPAM’s Trump thread had the title “Putsch Cassidy and the Sundown Kid” for most of the day, and I’m posting it here because it’s great and not everyone reads C-SPAM, and also because there’s a new title wishing Eric Trump a happy birthday.

Churchill
Nov 27, 2007
Winston

Milo and POTUS posted:

jack would never do that lol

Though they did just now delete a few of his tweets

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
The only thing these loving people learned today was "we should've had more people," and thanks to how gingerly they were coddled by law enforcement compared to the BLM protests, they probably will.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Notahippie posted:

Police/NG moving in on stream - beating on their shields and forcing the crowd back, probably setting up a kettling.

I thought the same thing, but just as soon as they flank one side, they let up on another.

What the gently caress are they waiting for? Kettle the fuckers and arrest them all.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Brave leadership

Only registered members can see post attachments!

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
It isn't like there's a lot of fight in them. For all their talk of sheeple they did exactly what they were told. BLM has no problem with lawful disobedience, peacefully holding their ground and getting punched in the face for it.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Nick Soapdish posted:

Brave leadership

They actually deleted it. :staredog:

Vortex Street
Oct 23, 2010

I walked right out of the machinery

Stravag posted:

There are videos on twitter of her being shot as she tried to crawl through a high window in a door that was barricaded. She wore a Trump flag tied around her neck. From what you see in the video...it would appear she was shot in the neck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

https://twitter.com/dumpster_lord/status/1346925234440470529?s=20