Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
?
This poll is closed.
Yes 62 44.93%
No 76 55.07%
Total: 138 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

so, uh, anyone see if Trump is on parler yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
Pook got a longer probation than the president did for inciting insurrection.

Not defending pook, just saying goddamn twitter sucks. Took their sweet rear end time getting around to giving him consequences.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

https://twitter.com/_JohnnyMontanez/status/1346945075142541314

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

pantslesswithwolves posted:

If there’s one thing I’ll never forgive Trump for, it’s killing my empathy. I never would have wanted to wish violence on Americans before; now I want to see everyone who stormed the Capitol today put up against a wall and shot for treason. Same with the maskless, the COVID deniers, everyone who couldn’t put aside their own selfishness and privilege for one goddamn second for the sake of their neighbors. I blame Trump for all of that and I’ll never be able to forgive him or any of his rotten crotch spawn or his whore wife for what they’ve done to us all.

I used to make it a personal policy to never wish death or serious illness on anyone, no matter how repugnant.

Now, I hope every day for every living adult member of the Trump family is a living hell for the rest of their lives.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

maffew buildings posted:

Do you have a method where i don't have to almost die

That's half the fun

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

You throw me the acorn, I throw you the whip!

CBJSprague24 posted:

I used to make it a personal policy to never wish death or serious illness on anyone, no matter how repugnant.

Now, I hope every day for every living adult member of the Trump family is a living hell for the rest of their lives.

Confined to house arrest where they alone are left to care for a dementia ridden angry trump

IPCRESS
May 27, 2012
"Profoundly vexed" is how I'd understate the hell out of this.

In the normal course of events, I'd say "Nab the ringleaders, try them for sedition and punish where convicted to the fullest extent".

When those ring leaders are a combination of two "news" networks and elected representatives exclusively from one (soon-to-be opposition) party with the backing of a high 40-something percent of the voting population, that doesn't sound like a recipe for a good time.

Letting the ring leaders carry on escalating the situation (which they will do, absent any consequences) hasn't been working out either.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/joshuapotash/status/1346976928079749120?s=21

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine
If only there was somewhere else on SA where one could indulge in ghoulish shitposting.

And don't be a dick to McNally when he does the needful. It's just a probe jfc

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Discussion Quorum posted:

If only there was somewhere else on SA where one could indulge in ghoulish shitposting.

And don't be a dick to McNally when he does the needful. It's just a probe jfc

quote:

I get it, Pook, but don't be a loving ghoul. Placeholder until the admins push some buttons. User loses posting privileges for 1 day.

Looks more like a queued up ban to me.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
BREAKING NEWS

https://youtu.be/TIfAkOBMf5A

Hegel Exercises
Apr 25, 2019

Too fair to worship, too divine to love...

orange juche posted:

Seriously eat poo poo.

:ironicat:

e: what are atlanta style ribs exactly?

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Billions and billions of taxpayer dollars of 9/11 security and we get cosplay Braveheart chillin in the speakers chair.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
https://twitter.com/LizardRumsfeld/status/1346975605452140544

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

maffew buildings posted:

Do you have a method where i don't have to almost die

Start with shorter hikes to figure out your limits, go with other experienced hikers, bring plenty of water and salty snacks (As well as weather appropriate attire) and have a good time :)

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

I'm on board with whatever it takes to get at least a few of these clowns some comeuppance.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CBJSprague24 posted:

I'm on board with whatever it takes to get at least a few of these clowns some comeuppance.

:same:

Also they’re not loving around this time.
https://twitter.com/alanhe/status/1346979069682970624?s=21

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

chuds learning why :acab:

but they will forget tomorrow

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
MPD making up for Capitol Police's fuckup.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

On one hand, police shouldn't be so lovely, and police using brutal tactics should be stripped of rank and sent out into the wastes to rot.

On the other hand, nobody in position of authority is interested in taking steps to professionalize and reform the police so they might as well be equalish opportunity skull crushers.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

instead of saying thank you, he should be screaming at them about letting those seditionists in

Wrong Theory
Aug 27, 2005

Satellite from days of old, lead me to your access code

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S287rXs4Vi8

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

ded posted:

chuds learning why :acab:

but they will forget tomorrow

The flip side of this is these are the type people who deserve to be on the bad side of ACAB for once and, so, carry on.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
Pence is a piece of steaming dogshit but at least he sounds like a loving president

Edit: he's talking now and condemning all the violence and all the shitheads

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Just posting to remind everybody that Matthew Heimbach, former leader of the Traditional Workers Party, self-professed neo-nazi, and one of the organizers of the Unite the Right rally was photographed throughout this rally.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ded posted:

instead of saying thank you, he should be screaming at them about letting those seditionists in

I don't think that was really on the FBI.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
Turtle McFuckface talking now

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

ded posted:

Different agencies. MPD is cracking chud head skulls right now and were the ones who re-secured the Capitol; it was the Capitol Police who had to fall back and abandon their posts.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Bored As gently caress posted:

It's one thing to cheer a dipshit insurrectionist getting domed, it's another thing to post that.

Edit that poo poo dude.

Edit: good

Yeah, I'm pretty angry seeing the poo poo that went on from Trump's mob, but it didn't need to be put out. Sorry.

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

The NYT even has a story about how the capitol police just sorta let the mob in. "We've got the let them do their thing now" it's not like this is a secret or anything

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1346975267714199552?s=20

There weren't even very many protestors in the video where they moved the gate, and they certainly were not getting pushed back.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Doogie Boots
https://twitter.com/jmartNYT/status/1346987862647054341?s=20

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
Turtle McFuckface is pissed they got disrupted.

Him and all those loving pieces of poo poo are reaping what they sowed by spreading horseshit for the last 4 years. They're only pissed that they got their safety threatened for probably the first time in history. But by spreading lies, half truths, and conspiracy theories, they created and radicalizrd these scumbags. They are reaping what they sowed.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

Hegel Exercises posted:

:ironicat:

e: what are atlanta style ribs exactly?

Ah, yes, Sherman's March to the Sea, which famously... destroyed a shitton of property but generally left civilians alone? and broke the back and spirit of the confederacy along the way? extremely ghoulish to celebrate, I agree

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

You throw me the acorn, I throw you the whip!
Is there a stream somewhere of the dipshits getting their skulls cracked in?

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Yeah, I'm pretty angry seeing the poo poo that went on from Trump's mob, but it didn't need to be put out. Sorry.

You're good dude. I feel you.

Knives Amilli
Sep 26, 2014

If there’s one thing I’ll never forgive Trump for, it’s killing my empathy. I never would have wanted to wish violence on Americans before; now I want to see everyone who stormed the Capitol today put up against a wall and shot for treason. Same with the maskless, the COVID deniers, everyone who couldn’t put aside their own selfishness and privilege for one goddamn second for the sake of their neighbors. I blame Trump for all of that and I’ll never be able to forgive him or any of his rotten crotch spawn or his whore wife for what they’ve done to us all.

*takes deep breath in*

Where im at mentally now too.

And Im beaten down for it.

Part of my political awakening of the past 6-ish years? was recognizing the great part that capitalism, greed, and corrupt politicians were playing in creating the persistent problems of violence, abuse, oppression, greed, ignorance, sickness and death in the world. And make no mistake, I still am aware that that the hoarding of resources holds the majority of the blame for these issues.

But today is the day that Ive realizing that some faceless cabal of Captains of Industry aren't the biggest preeminent threat to the continued stability and safety of Americans. If the balloon ever went up, im most certain now itll be because some QAnon fuckers from Indiana decided to carpetbomb DC. Im tired of our larger society having a tolerance for these psychos and equating Extreme Right to Left. Im tired of Leftist telling me that Biden is a bigger threat and will be "the same as Trump". Im tired of our ignorance rear end populace refusing to understand that all of this comes from the fragility of White Supremacy and the fact that West lucked the gently caress out after World War 2.

gently caress them.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pine Cone Jones posted:

Is there a stream somewhere of the dipshits getting their skulls cracked in?

Sadly I've been only able to get clips from GBS. Honestly the curated approach is best...because some of those streamers....oh boy.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

ded posted:

Everyone in power is extremely determined to not notice the obvious here. Whispering "black lives matter" on a public street can get you six stars in GTA if there's cops around but the cops here just let all this happen and then let almost everyone walk away. But noticing that the cops are, broadly, on the side of the far right leads to all sorts of conclusions you're not allowed to have, especially when the D entire party apparatus officially blamed BLM for their underperformance.

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

Charlie Stross recently had a write-up talking about all the things you can't do sci-fi/thrillers about due to the events of the past few years, and these shots made me think of all the wannabe Clancys out there scratching "attack on Congress" from their plot lists:

https://twitter.com/jordannovet/status/1346925727887855616

Stross' write-up: https://www.antipope.org/charlie/blog-static/2020/08/dead-plots.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

loving same.