Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Anyone have any opinions on Viridescent Hunt? How useful is the effect? Thinking about picking it up out of the battle pass for Ganyu. I'm a little reluctant to put a crit% bow on her when you can just get 100% crit through charged shots, but I'm hoping it'll end up being alright anyways since it'll give her Q/E a chance to crit, plus any shots that don't hit a weak spot (which in my controller-using case will probably be plenty).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
The speculation is that Prototype Crescent, the craftable, will be very very good for Ganyu. I'd wait to see how testing goes with her. The BP bow passive is interesting on a few characters (Venti and Tartaglia specifically) but imo it does nothing for Ganyu.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Jan 6, 2021

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

Vargs posted:

Anyone have any opinions on Viridescent Hunt? How useful is the effect?

I got it last BP for Childe, rolled his BiS 30 minutes later, and immediately handed it to Fischl instead. It's in a weird spot of being a Good bow for some folks but never The Best (even excluding 5*s) and I never really got into a groove with using it.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Vargs posted:

Anyone have any opinions on Viridescent Hunt? How useful is the effect? Thinking about picking it up out of the battle pass for Ganyu. I'm a little reluctant to put a crit% bow on her when you can just get 100% crit through charged shots, but I'm hoping it'll end up being alright anyways since it'll give her Q/E a chance to crit, plus any shots that don't hit a weak spot (which in my controller-using case will probably be plenty).

it's a decent DPS bow that felt really pointless after I pulled a rust. the tornados were very useful for childe though, since they group up trash.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Apparently Childe's optimal damage combo is 1-2-3-charge attack, and doing that the BP bow actually outperforms rust using normal equipment. I still use Rust and never use charge attacks though, the difference is small and I can't be bothered to 1-90 the BP bow for almost no gain.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Jan 6, 2021

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone
Are there any craftables that are worth refining? I have a few prototypes that I don't immediately need and I'm thinking about it. Is the crescent pike upgrade worth it? Mine is level 80 so I feel like it might be.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Crescent Pike is one of the stronger things to refine but it's not a weapon most people like staying in forever because Xiangling and Zhong Li aren't ideal normal attackers atm.

But I honestly wouldn't refine anything until I had at least 3+ extras of a certain class of prototype, they're going to be releasing more weapons and you can go a whole year without getting a certain type of drop.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

gandlethorpe posted:

Hold onto that poo poo. EM main stat can drop for all three (sands/goblet/circlet) but it's very rare, especially for a set it synergizes with like VV.

Do you want to just stack EM as high as possible with Anemo support? I'm trying to gather stuff to stick on Sucrose (C6!) since I don't really have any well-geared supports.

No Wave posted:

Crescent Pike is one of the stronger things to refine but it's not a weapon most people like staying in forever because Xiangling and Zhong Li aren't ideal normal attackers atm.

But I honestly wouldn't refine anything until I had at least 3+ extras of a certain class of prototype, they're going to be releasing more weapons and you can go a whole year without getting a certain type of drop.

Yeah, I've stopped crafting weapons for the time being for this reason. I don't really need any that I haven't already crafted, though it's tempting to refine my Prototype Rancour more (it's R2 now) since I'm in good shape with swords and doubt it'll be super important to craft some new one.

Framboise posted:

My last 4* before pity arrived.

Bennett c6. Gonna be permanently seeing a (!) over his icon from here on, I guess, because I ain't giving it to him.

Looked at this, and it's kind of weird; having your damage become Pyro seems like it might be bad if you're relying on physical damage (and maybe reactions?), unless the multiplier is applied before the conversion or something.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Jan 6, 2021

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

Ytlaya posted:

Do you want to just stack EM as high as possible with Anemo support? I'm trying to gather stuff to stick on Sucrose (C6!) since I don't really have any well-geared supports.

It depends on how much damage they do from swirl versus direct damage.

Someone linked a spreadsheet earlier of Venti's damage with different stat combos. All EM can be the highest damage at certain levels/weapon combos, but then other times it's a mix of EM/ATK%/CRIT. The difference isn't that huge and probably not worth stressing out over that 2% chance to get an EM hat.

Sucrose is a special case because she gets extra value by sharing part of her EM with the team. Still, maxing out EM on her versus getting more easily acquired stats isn't that huge of a difference.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

gandlethorpe posted:

It depends on how much damage they do from swirl versus direct damage.

Someone linked a spreadsheet earlier of Venti's damage with different stat combos. All EM can be the highest damage at certain levels/weapon combos, but then other times it's a mix of EM/ATK%/CRIT. The difference isn't that huge and probably not worth stressing out over that 2% chance to get an EM hat.

Sucrose is a special case because she gets extra value by sharing part of her EM with the team. Still, maxing out EM on her versus getting more easily acquired stats isn't that huge of a difference.

I actually don't really mind the artifact grind for characters I'm not actively using. It'll come when it comes, and in the meanwhile I'll get XP for leveling up other artifacts.

What's a good weapon for Sucrose? I think I have most 4* catalysts.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Sacrificial Fragments is the weapon for her. Failing that, Mappa Mare I guess (it's a huge step down though).

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I got a widsith on some of my recent pulls and I'm thinking on getting it leveled instead of using the SacFrags R5 that I have on klee just because of how much Crit Damage I have on gear but not enough crit rate.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

Ytlaya posted:

Looked at this, and it's kind of weird; having your damage become Pyro seems like it might be bad if you're relying on physical damage (and maybe reactions?), unless the multiplier is applied before the conversion or something.

It's pretty bad, yeah. Complete garbage if you're pairing Bennett with Chongyun, which is normally a great combo.

No Wave posted:

Sacrificial Fragments is the weapon for her. Failing that, Mappa Mare I guess (it's a huge step down though).

The biggest reason why I haven't really put much effort into my Sucrose. Give me the SacFrag :(

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Now that Albedo is at 70 and geared out and stuff maybe I'll work on Sucrose since I did get a Sacrificial Fragments somewhere along the way. I have her sitting at 50 with a pile of lovely artifacts and a Widsith and she could be doing so much better. Especially since I have her at C2. It's a shame the two of them don't particularly work well together since you can't swirl geo. I wanna run the alchemist power hour duo. Although maybe it's still worth it since Sucrose can group up enemies to make all the blossom AoEs stack together on big monster groups?

shimmy shimmy
Nov 13, 2020
I've had Sucrose go from C0 to C7 this banner. I just really want to get Bennet from C0 to C1, and a single Fishl will let me buy the other to hit C6. ;-;

I just hit the weapon box and I'm not sure what to pick up. I've got a Black Sword already. Looking at non-sword weapons I've got a Stringless and Rust, Eye of Perception and Widsith, Prototype Animus and the crafted polearms. Which is more generically good, Deathmatch or Serpent Spine?

vvvv it's AoE so yeah, assuming there's multiple opponents in range.

shimmy shimmy fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Jan 6, 2021

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

^^^ I don't think I've gotten anything but Sucroses from this banner in terms of 4* characters

No Wave posted:

Ah, nice, I have that one. Does her skill hit multiple times like Xingqiu's?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I have a c7 razor from trying to chase a c1 Xinyan

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

I C6ed my Bennett and bricked my account. Reroll time etc.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Ultima66 posted:

I C6ed my Bennett and bricked my account. Reroll time etc.

Gonna make a creepypasta about how someone gave their Bennet C6 and then his eyes became hyper-realistic and he hung himself

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Wait poo poo I could work on Sucrose but I forgot I recently pulled Mona too.

Too Many Projects!

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Finally burned through all my event mora and now I have to do leylines with my resin. Such a bad feeling when I could be flushing it down the toilet to try and get artifacts I want instead.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Tae posted:

I have a c7 razor from trying to chase a c1 Xinyan

I have a c10 fischl trying to chase a c0 bennett

Ytlaya posted:

Gonna make a creepypasta about how someone gave their Bennet C6 and then his eyes became hyper-realistic and he hung himself

I enjoy references to Doki Doki Literature Club

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

Flair posted:

I enjoy references to Doki Doki Literature Club

doki doki adventure club! :D

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Too Many Projects!

same. from this point forward, I'm only doing XP ley lines, world bosses, talent domains, weapon ascension domains, and mora ley lines if I run out of money. plus I still need to do artifact domains every day. but unless I roll another character and get distracted immediately, those are the only things I'm doing.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
What is the go-to stat preference and artifact set for John Lee now that he's been reworked a bit? Or is there another rework coming? What I've found was 2xGlad and 2xGeo Buff with preference for Energy Regen.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

No rework has been released yet. I'm still hoping they don't go through with the incredibly stupid part of it.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Ytlaya posted:

Ah, nice, I have that one. Does her skill hit multiple times like Xingqiu's?

No but it's a sizeable AoE and if you have her C1 it has two charges. And the SacFrag will refill both charges when it procs.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Whoreson Welles posted:

What is the go-to stat preference and artifact set for John Lee now that he's been reworked a bit? Or is there another rework coming? What I've found was 2xGlad and 2xGeo Buff with preference for Energy Regen.

2pc mix of Petra and Noblesse to push his burst damage, or push either of those into a 4pc if you'd like. you could do the 2pc Glad instead of Noblesse but that particular 2pc set always feels meh to me. you can probably get enough ER from weapon+substats so your mains could be hp/geo/crit or atk/geo/crit depending on your preference for shields or more damage.

the buffs they proposed might push him more towards wanting HP but i don't think they're going to change the set bonuses he likes or that you want geo cup and crit hat. just up to you whether you want to farm while stuff about him is uncertain.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

dogsicle posted:

2pc mix of Petra and Noblesse to push his burst damage, or push either of those into a 4pc if you'd like. you could do the 2pc Glad instead of Noblesse but that particular 2pc set always feels meh to me. you can probably get enough ER from weapon+substats so your mains could be hp/geo/crit or atk/geo/crit depending on your preference for shields or more damage.

the buffs they proposed might push him more towards wanting HP but i don't think they're going to change the set bonuses he likes or that you want geo cup and crit hat. just up to you whether you want to farm while stuff about him is uncertain.

Thanks. Not going to get him super ramped up yet but just wanted to know what’s good on him while I slot him into my team for a bit.

Variety is the spice of Genshin.

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe

Whoreson Welles posted:

For burst damage support with solid shielding, pick any mix of 2 piece petra/glad/noblesse with your best substats to get a nice mix of crit>atk/hp>ER. He's not as picky as some which is great.

For mainstats, ATK/GeoDMG/Crit for sands/goblet/hat (crit chance if you dont have enough with weapon and substats, crit dmg otherwise). If your team isn't double geo and sucks at generating particles, you might consider mainstat ER sands, but I'd argue it's better to change your team. HP substats are welcome on him and will be even better if some of the proposed changes come down, but they're not currently good enough to dump any of these maintstats unless you are running out of good ATK sands and have a nicely substatted on-set HP sands.

For reference, I use my 70/80 ZL with Deathmatch and 2pc noblesse and 2pc glad (I'd ideally switch this to petra but I have some really nice glad pieces for him) ATK/GeoDMG/CritDMG for burst support with Ning and he's got ~21k hp and drops 40-60k foodless crit rocks on cooldown depending on party comp.

aparmenideanmonad fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Jan 7, 2021

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

I picked up this game a few weeks back, and am really digging it, but at AR31 I'm increasingly finding that enemies are rudely reluctant to let Razor beat them to death and that progression is limited by where I spend my resin. In other words, I'm here to ask for ideas of good team comp(s) from what I've got, so I can focus appropriately.

Italicized characters have more levels under their belt (40-60) but that's not a dealbreaker.

5*:
Mona C1
Jean C0
Traveler
(close to pity, so could grab either Albedo now or Ganyu soon)

4*:
Sucrose C4
Bennett C3
Noelle C2
Barbara C1
Chongyun C1
Fischl C1
Xiangling C1
Xingqiu C1
Amber C0
Kaeya C0
Lisa C0
Ningguang C0
Razor C0

4* weapons with the odd 3*: (and if there's other 3* of interest I've probably got a big pile of them by now)

Festering Desire R5
Lion's Roar
Prototype Rancour
The Flute

Debate Club R5 (3*)
Prototype Archaic R2
Favonius Greatsword
Rainslasher
Snow-Tombed Starsilver

Favonius Warbow R2
Sacrificial Bow R2
The Stringless R2

Thrilling Tales of Dragon Slayers R5 (3*)
Sacrificial Fragments R2
Eye of Perception

Favonius Lance
Dragonspine Spear

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Why does anyone care about Hu Tao?

There is no story to build them up, they are probably another fire spear character, and they don't cater to any specific fetish that I know of. Is it just that it's anything new? Tae linked their voice lines a few pages back and I'm not getting it.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Kind of cool design I guess? The voice acting didn't stand out at all to me either.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

She plays into a popular waifu archetype of being really peppy with undertones of crazy.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Draxion posted:

Kind of cool design I guess? The voice acting didn't stand out at all to me either.

What's cool about it? She's kind of brown or purple which I could imagine being cool if you're doing a color themed team but that's reaching, and I'm really trying here.

Maybe it's all in the hat? I like a good hat. Hat teams?

Also very cool:

Gaardean posted:

I nerded out after reading a post on Reddit and made an Artifact Optimizer for figuring out the optimal ATK/Crit ratios, figured I'd toss it here for the other math freaks to look at. It uses impossibly maxed out artifacts at the base, but you can tune that down what % of max stats you want. The major inflection point around 60% artifact strength is probably the most interesting thing it illustrates.

Heran Bago fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Jan 7, 2021

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Heran Bago posted:

What's cool about it? She's kind of brown or purple which I could imagine being cool if you're doing a color themed team but that's reaching, and. I'm really trying here.

Maybe it's all in the hat? I like a good hat. Hat teams?

Also very cool:

Yeah I guess it's just the hat. For some reason I remembered it as having kind of a jiangshi face cover thing, but I guess it doesn't, so I'm changing my rating from cool to innoffensive.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Heran Bago posted:

There is no story to build them up, they are probably another fire spear character, and they don't cater to any specific fetish that I know of. Is it just that it's anything new? Tae linked their voice lines a few pages back and I'm not getting it.

She's voiced by rie takahashi, OP.

e: i have no idea why i put the wrong name

Ibram Gaunt fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Jan 7, 2021

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Heran Bago posted:

she's about at the same level as someone like Albedo, who had no confirmed design or story appearance until his release. honestly the fact that she was given passing mention in the 1.1 questline puts her ahead of Albedo just a hair, but otherwise you're only learning about characters like them via existing character friendship unlocks and other random bits like NPC dialogue.

anyway, she seems plainer than Zhongli but in general i like the Wangsheng Parlor aesthetic shared between those two and Ferrywoman, plus she's got flower pupils and a cute hat/schoolboy shorts. having Qiqi meant i got information about their antagonistic relationship, so i'm also interested to see if/how that manifests in story quests. in general, Qiqi being flanked by the dual assholes of Hu Tao and Baizhu is entertaining to me and i want the whole crew. that Hu Tao was revealed as a pretty unique HP-scaling berserker sort of character just makes her more appealing. i'm not hugely into the voice performance despite liking her VA otherwise, so i do get that part at least.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Unhinged go-lucky boss prankster who everyone hates, including Chong, zhongli, and qiqi.

If you're actually asking. If you despise something like konasuba, yeah you wouldn't get why she'd popular.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

maybe Albedo's case just reinforces the opposite point though...

ah well, i'll just pretend the fact that i cared about him because of his relation to Sucrose means everyone else who definitely had and used Sucrose (or Klee) was the same :)