Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Flair posted:

I enjoy references to Doki Doki Literature Club

I was actually just referring to the cliche of "creepypasta" stories frequently involving cartoon/game characters getting "hyper-realistic eyes" and then becoming suicidal, but DDLC also works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n

Vil posted:

I picked up this game a few weeks back, and am really digging it, but at AR31 I'm increasingly finding that enemies are rudely reluctant to let Razor beat them to death and that progression is limited by where I spend my resin. In other words, I'm here to ask for ideas of good team comp(s) from what I've got, so I can focus appropriately.

Any characters you enjoy or want to include specifically? And if so, what kind of playstyle(s) do you lean towards?

In terms of general advice, it's a good idea to include at least one Pyro character, since they can set up/trigger the two big damage reactions. Bennett in particular is amazing and I highly recommend using him unless you actively dislike him. You can build him for damage (Lion's Roar) or healing/elemental support (Festering Desire). If you feel like trying out a team focused on setting up elemental reactions, Sucrose is a good character to include (especially since you have Sacrificial Fragments, her best weapon). If you just want to whale on things with Razor, include Kaeya to trigger Superconduct and lower enemies' defense against physical damage—no need to level him much, just invest in energy regen and switch him in to use his skill and burst occasionally. (Chongyun is not a good choice for this role; his ice field turns your attacks to Cryo, and elemental attacks don't benefit from the reduced physical defense caused by Superconduct.)

kater
Nov 16, 2010

i alt tabbed back in to this

dawwww fukkin nerd

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Bloody Emissary posted:

Any characters you enjoy or want to include specifically? And if so, what kind of playstyle(s) do you lean towards?

In terms of general advice, it's a good idea to include at least one Pyro character, since they can set up/trigger the two big damage reactions. Bennett in particular is amazing and I highly recommend using him unless you actively dislike him. You can build him for damage (Lion's Roar) or healing/elemental support (Festering Desire). If you feel like trying out a team focused on setting up elemental reactions, Sucrose is a good character to include (especially since you have Sacrificial Fragments, her best weapon). If you just want to whale on things with Razor, include Kaeya to trigger Superconduct and lower enemies' defense against physical damage—no need to level him much, just invest in energy regen and switch him in to use his skill and burst occasionally. (Chongyun is not a good choice for this role; his ice field turns your attacks to Cryo, and elemental attacks don't benefit from the reduced physical defense caused by Superconduct.)

I would second Razor/Bennett/Kaeya/Someone as a pretty solid team. I use Sucrose in the last slot a lot of the time, but since you have Xingqiu and Mona you could probably use one of them and have an easier time with Pyro shields too.

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE

Draxion posted:

I would second Razor/Bennett/Kaeya/Someone as a pretty solid team. I use Sucrose in the last slot a lot of the time, but since you have Xingqiu and Mona you could probably use one of them and have an easier time with Pyro shields too.

Regarding Mona and Xingqiu, as someone who has and uses both, definitely build Xingqiu first, and especially if you're not sure what you want your teams to look like yet and double especially if you happen to have a sacrificial sword. Xingqiu is quite flexible and can fit in really well in a lot of teams and does a ton of damage all on his own as long as you're using normal attacks while his ult is active. He's like Fischl and Xiangling, an excellent off-field damage dealer with some pretty good utility in his kit to boot.

Mona on the other hand is very specialized and if you just throw her into a random team comp she is flat out terrible, easily the worst five star and significantly worse than Xingqiu. You need to build a team around her and play around her ult or she'll contribute a disproportionately small amount of damage for your investment in her. If you do play her the right way though she's extremely good, the burstiest burst support and capable of oneshotting a whole bunch of bosses. At the very least you should probably not use Mona on a team that doesn't also have Bennett on it. As a caveat though there are a number of situations where her one big trick is just not practical to use (like abyss floors and domains with pulsing elemental auras for example).

I've posted before on how to build her and do big numbers with her, here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3947706&pagenumber=172&perpage=40#post510999589

TheFluff fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Jan 7, 2021

Ledgem
Oct 20, 2010

TheFluff posted:

Regarding Mona and Xingqiu, as someone who has and uses both, definitely build Xingqiu first, and especially if you're not sure what you want your teams to look like yet and double especially if you happen to have a sacrificial sword. Xingqiu is quite flexible and can fit in really well in a lot of teams and does a ton of damage all on his own as long as you're using normal attacks while his ult is active. He's like Fischl and Xiangling, an excellent off-field damage dealer with some pretty good utility in his kit to boot.

Mona on the other hand is very specialized and if you just throw her into a random team comp she is flat out terrible, easily the worst five star and significantly worse than Xingqiu. You need to build a team around her and play around her ult or she'll contribute a disproportionately small amount of damage for your investment in her. If you do play her the right way though she's extremely good, the burstiest burst support and capable of oneshotting a whole bunch of bosses. At the very least you should probably not use Mona on a team that doesn't also have Bennett on it. As a caveat though there are a number of situations where her one big trick is just not practical to use (like abyss floors and domains with pulsing elemental auras for example).

I've posted before on how to build her and do big numbers with her, here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3947706&pagenumber=172&perpage=40#post510999589

also she go fast and has a taunt without having amber on your team. She never leaves my overworld team.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Hi I'm the idiot that hadn't been doing world bosses this whole time until like 2 weeks ago because I thought I wouldn't be able to beat them.

Bennet is lvl 60 now but this is accurate otherwise.

I tried the lvl 80 Childe fight and he killed 3/4s of my team and I clutched it out with Ningguang because he had like 2000 health left by then. So, I won but he could've absolultely taken it if I'd made just a few more mistakes. Any roster advice I could use instead to be in a better position next week? Otherwise I'll just bring Ningguang or Bennet in for a co-op one instead.

GENUINE CAT HERDER
Jan 2, 2004

Wedge Regret

Vil posted:

I picked up this game a few weeks back, and am really digging it, but at AR31 I'm increasingly finding that enemies are rudely reluctant to let Razor beat them to death and that progression is limited by where I spend my resin. In other words, I'm here to ask for ideas of good team comp(s) from what I've got, so I can focus appropriately.

One team I've been leveling that seems to work pretty well so far is Chongyun/XQ/Fischl/Bennet. So far it seems to be a strong all-rounder that covers a lot of elements, and the freeze+shatters are definitely nice and do great damage.

My other (main) team that's higher level since I've had them longer is Razor/Qiqi/Xinyan/Sucrose, but I may switch it up a bit as I get Albedo and Zhong Li stronger with better equipment.

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n

RareAcumen posted:

I tried the lvl 80 Childe fight and he killed 3/4s of my team and I clutched it out with Ningguang because he had like 2000 health left by then. So, I won but he could've absolultely taken it if I'd made just a few more mistakes. Any roster advice I could use instead to be in a better position next week? Otherwise I'll just bring Ningguang or Bennet in for a co-op one instead.

Childe has a ton of Hydro resist in phase 1, Electro resist in phase 2, and both in phase 3. Swap Xingqiu out for Xiangling, maybe? The party bonus for having two Pyro characters gives you a nice bit of extra attack, and Xiangling's skill and burst will both stick around while you're on a main damage dealer (plus Bennett is really good at feeding her energy for bursting). You could also switch in Kaeya to proc Superconduct if you're leaning mostly on Razor for damage.

Not roster advice, but make sure to keep an eye out for the Riptide mark Childe can apply if he hits you. As with his playable version, any hits you take while it's on you will deal extra AoE Hydro damage. (Not fun.) Purge the mark by running to the edge of the arena; the wall will apply Pyro to you and Vaporize the debuff off, dealing minimal damage.

GENUINE CAT HERDER posted:

One team I've been leveling that seems to work pretty well so far is Chongyun/XQ/Fischl/Bennet. So far it seems to be a strong all-rounder that covers a lot of elements, and the freeze+shatters are definitely nice and do great damage.

Seconded with a caveat: Chongyun's ice field can interfere with other players in co-op if they're running physical DPS, so if you like doing co-op domains you might want to make sure you know what characters you can't use him with so that you don't step on anybody's toes. (If that's too much extra effort, you could also stick to running healing/support in co-op.)

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get

RareAcumen posted:

Hi I'm the idiot that hadn't been doing world bosses this whole time until like 2 weeks ago because I thought I wouldn't be able to beat them.

Other people can give you specific advice about the Childe fight and specific comps that are good for it, but AFAIK you aren't doing yourself any favors by having both Ning and Razor on the team. Razor wants to be out and you only swap to others for their bursts and Nings burst does damage but she has to be out for the entire duration of it.

Depending on your preference, you could swap in Xiangling for her pyronado Ult and gouda, both would work well with Razor since he's melee. You would have to get up close to use XL and XQ's bursts and thats not amazing with Ningguang.

You could also level Sucrose and get her a VV set, as she is a monster for providing bonus damage.

If you wanted to fight right now I would do Razor / Xiangling / Bennett / Xingqiu. You could swap in Sucrose for XL once Sucrose is level 60.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

RareAcumen posted:

The coop for that one is common in discord. Don't be a stranger in #lfg

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Lechtansi posted:

Other people can give you specific advice about the Childe fight and specific comps that are good for it, but AFAIK you aren't doing yourself any favors by having both Ning and Razor on the team. Razor wants to be out and you only swap to others for their bursts and Nings burst does damage but she has to be out for the entire duration of it.
Their problem was surviving the fight, and it that case an argument can be made for having Razor apply Electro and then having Ning pop that for a shield, which will let you tank a few more hits than usual.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Thanks everyone!

On Mona: she was my first (... and second) 5* so I've been dragging her around to everything out of a sense of obligation, but I agree with the comments that she honestly doesn't feel too amazing outside of her burst. Like, she's still solidly okay, but not "holy poo poo 5* is so loving awesome" like my friend feels about her Diluc. I also feel like Mona's water-dash has different iframes than other people's dodges, as she usually gets hit when I do a last-second dodge that another character would be fine with.

Bloody Emissary posted:

Things I like or would like (these don't have to all be on the same team):
- Going ham with a claymore on Razor (this and the next bullet basically mirror how I play Dark Souls)
- Charged-shot archery while keeping my distance
- Knockback moves that yeet enemies off cliffs or into water for insta-kills
- While I haven't figured out how to do it yet, I'd one day like to try out one of those comps where everything just magically gets grouped together and has a gazillion different reactions constantly proccing each other with colorful numbers popping up too fast to read.

Things I find frustrating and would like to avoid:
- All-melee team if there's a chance I might run across a flying enemy
- Enemy shields if I don't have a suitable element (especially cryo for the electro hammer rear end in a top hat, gently caress him in particular)
- Enemies being all over the place and making me chase them down, especially if there's a timer involved
- Not having a healer for domains etc. (open world is fine, I can just hit up the statue)

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Vil posted:

Roll for Ganyu (or try her out in the preview fight).

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Bloody Emissary posted:

Childe has a ton of Hydro resist in phase 1, Electro resist in phase 2, and both in phase 3. Swap Xingqiu out for Xiangling, maybe? The party bonus for having two Pyro characters gives you a nice bit of extra attack, and Xiangling's skill and burst will both stick around while you're on a main damage dealer (plus Bennett is really good at feeding her energy for bursting). You could also switch in Kaeya to proc Superconduct if you're leaning mostly on Razor for damage.

Not roster advice, but make sure to keep an eye out for the Riptide mark Childe can apply if he hits you. As with his playable version, any hits you take while it's on you will deal extra AoE Hydro damage. (Not fun.) Purge the mark by running to the edge of the arena; the wall will apply Pyro to you and Vaporize the debuff off, dealing minimal damage.

Oh, I'm sorry, I had Kaeya in the fight for superconduct instead of Xingqiu. I was just using that picture because it's still the most relevant one I have for character roster since not much has changed recently. No new additions yet.

Lechtansi posted:

Depending on your preference, you could swap in Xiangling for her pyronado Ult and gouda, both would work well with Razor since he's melee. You would have to get up close to use XL and XQ's bursts and thats not amazing with Ningguang.

You could also level Sucrose and get her a VV set, as she is a monster for providing bonus damage.

If you wanted to fight right now I would do Razor / Xiangling / Bennett / Xingqiu. You could swap in Sucrose for XL once Sucrose is level 60.

It was going pretty well until I got to the third phase and he was dashing around and doing lightning swipes at me. And other than that I was doing Bennet boosted Ningguang bursts when I could sneak them in. Ning's just the best ranged character I've got so far, which felt helpful to me since geo isn't something he learns to resist in later forms.

ninjoatse.cx posted:

The coop for that one is common in discord. Don't be a stranger in #lfg

Yeah, I know. I might have to just do it randomly from the game though, because I have so much trouble getting co-op running when I ask for help in there for some reason every time.

Also guys, I just got a really defense oriented 5* Gladiator's Finale goblet with Physical DMG Bonus from fighting the pyrovine!
5.8% Def
5.2% Energy Recharge
5.3% HP+

RareAcumen fucked around with this message at 09:00 on Jan 7, 2021

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

RareAcumen posted:

Use food and potions. All of his damage is elemental typed so potions can help a lot in particular. In his first form, he has a huge hydro dmg reduction, in his second form a huge electro dmg reduction, and his third form has both. So watch out for that too. Pyro attacks are your friend. Just gotta practice timing on when to dodge poo poo, really.

e: You can only have one potion, one offensive food and one defensive food buff active at a time, and it's whatever the last one you used is. So don't accidentally waste anything.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
You can fight childe for practice unlimited times, just no reward.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

It’s been two weeks or so of trying to enjoy Diluc but I’ve just given up and gone back to Noelle for my claymore needs. She is just better.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Vil posted:

Things I like or would like (these don't have to all be on the same team):
- Going ham with a claymore on Razor (this and the next bullet basically mirror how I play Dark Souls)
- Knockback moves that yeet enemies off cliffs or into water for insta-kills
- While I haven't figured out how to do it yet, I'd one day like to try out one of those comps where everything just magically gets grouped together and has a gazillion different reactions constantly proccing each other with colorful numbers popping up too fast to read.
In order...
- You've got Kaeya and Razor, so you have that team already. Pop in Bennet, insert a fourth character you like that won't screw up Superconduct.
- That character is the next banner
- You got Jean. She also has some weird PC-only thing where you can make her deal falling damage for stupid numbers. (No idea how, don't have her)
- This is, in general, how every team should be regardless of who is in it. The grouping together isn't room-wide without the Venti vacuum, but you've got Sucrose for budget hoovering. If you focus on having a team that is constantly creating reactions (instead of character X does dps Y) then you wind up popping ults on cooldown and making the screen a mess of particle effects.

If you just want to see a rainbow of numbers, you can run carry Bennet with Chongus/XQ/Sucrose. You'll wear out your E and Q keys.

quote:

Things I find frustrating and would like to avoid:
- All-melee team if there's a chance I might run across a flying enemy
- Enemy shields if I don't have a suitable element (especially cryo for the electro hammer rear end in a top hat, gently caress him in particular)
- Enemies being all over the place and making me chase them down, especially if there's a timer involved
- Not having a healer for domains etc. (open world is fine, I can just hit up the statue)

- You got the Fish. Use the Fish. Fish goes with everything. That being said it's not quite so common that you really need to worry.
- You typically swap around for shields, but if you like Razor then Kaeya is his bro so you're covered for hammer jerks.
- This never stops. The only cure is faster killing. Whether your reactions/weapons throw them back is mostly out of your control.
- You have the two best healers in Bennet and Jean, and you only ever need two teams, so grats. :)

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

kater posted:

It’s been two weeks or so of trying to enjoy Diluc but I’ve just given up and gone back to Noelle for my claymore needs. She is just better.

:eyepop:

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

kater posted:

You're my hero.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

TheFluff posted:

Thanks for the Mona posts. Why Vaporize over the other reactions that add damage - electro charged and swirl.

EM should come from the person triggering the reaction I think. Does their crit % / crit damage also affect the reaction?

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Heran Bago posted:

Thanks for the Mona posts. Why Vaporize over the other reactions that add damage - electro charged and swirl.

EM should come from the person triggering the reaction I think. Does their crit % / crit damage also affect the reaction?

Crit only affects vaporize and melt, which is part of the reason they are really strong.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

Fishy C6 might be the most over powered thing in the game, she's totally up there with Venti. Oz's attack pops off as fast as you do. So Barbara, who previously couldn't hurt a fly, can now do as much as anyone else on my team in short bursts while also healing my hurt boys.

I keep trying to fit Bennet in and phase Barb out because every loves Benny, but Barb is so good at what she does.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Sammus posted:

Fishy C6 might be the most over powered thing in the game, she's totally up there with Venti. Oz's attack pops off as fast as you do. So Barbara, who previously couldn't hurt a fly, can now do as much as anyone else on my team in short bursts while also healing my hurt boys.

I keep trying to fit Bennet in and phase Barb out because every loves Benny, but Barb is so good at what she does.

but bennett makes fishy's numbers biggers too!

Surrealities
Apr 11, 2010

RareAcumen posted:

If you're having survivability issues in general, you might want to consider leveling Zhongli. His shield is actually very good and has a fairly low cooldown. He's not ideal if you're trying to maximize damage, but if you build him for shield strength (HP being the key stat there, I think, which is fairly easy to get gear for) he'll let you tank a few hits every time the shield is up, which is often. I have an alt account where I'm using the self-imposed rule "Only use male characters" and I didn't have Bennett until last week, so Zhongli was pretty invaluable to avoid using too much food.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

kater posted:

gently caress yeah. Don’t let the haters keep you down.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

Andrast posted:

but bennett makes fishy's numbers biggers too!

Maybe, but Barb heals so good. Benny hasn't been able to replicate the kinda numbers she puts out yet, at least not for me.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Sammus posted:

Maybe, but Barb heals so good. Benny hasn't been able to replicate the kinda numbers she puts out yet, at least not for me.

Give her thrilling tales and Barbara also makes numbers go up.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Barbara's an ok character now that floor 12 has changed, no need to stop using her if you like her.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

I started my 5 star artifact grind last week and I'm making good progress but I'm curious how others go about it. I've been keeping and enhancing pieces with the proper main stat and at least one recommended or offensive substat.

I was starting from nothing but 4 stars so to discard anything with a hint of DEF on it would take months to grind out. How do others treat their artifact grind? All crit all the time or is a little DEF on a substat tolerable for a piece with the right main stat?

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE

Heran Bago posted:

Electro-charged and swirl do a fixed amount of damage per hit, which can't crit and scales only with character level and elemental mastery. To use those effectively you want characters with a lot of small hits/element applications, and Mona isn't that - her skill has low uptime and doesn't hit very consistently at all, and her ult only does one hit. Vaporize on the other hand multiplies the damage of the hit that triggers it, and it can crit, so it's ideal for characters with few but very big hits, and that's Mona's ult. You can get it to do well north of 100k damage in a single hit if you vaporize it properly.

You can use Mona in an electro-charged comp (together with Fischl and Beidou) but there's really not much reason to do it - Xingqiu pretty much does the same thing better. Still if you have a tricked out Mona you can definitely make it work if you want to.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Hexel posted:

I started my 5 star artifact grind last week and I'm making good progress but I'm curious how others go about it. I've been keeping and enhancing pieces with the proper main stat and at least one recommended or offensive substat.

I was starting from nothing but 4 stars so to discard anything with a hint of DEF on it would take months to grind out. How do others treat their artifact grind? All crit all the time or is a little DEF on a substat tolerable for a piece with the right main stat?

A good main stat earns an artifact a bit of consideration for me and if it has a couple of good substats, I'll raise it to 8 or 12 and see where the stat increases go. Don't feel shy about leveling a 5* artifact, because if you feed it to another artifact, you still get 80% of the EXP you put into it.

Also, you might want to start doing a daily artifact farming route if you haven't already. There's a number of respawning spots around Liyue that have 1 and 2* artifacts that you can mulch into more EXP.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Hexel posted:

You do the best with what you have. If you are willing to grind a single domain for a month you can be very selective, but not many people are willing to do that. I think it's always worth +4ing artifacts with a crit substat to see if they have double crit and it's always worth taking a CD+CR artifact to +16 to see if it hits crit three times. Once you do that just use your best pieces, which are often bad but that's life.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Jan 7, 2021

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE

Hexel posted:

When you're just starting your 5* grind, anything with the right main stat is at least a temporary keeper IMO, and especially for pieces with awful drop rates like energy recharge hourglasses, elemental damage goblets, and crit headpieces. It'll take months to get full sets with good substats unless you have amazing luck. Just stop at +16 until everyone you care about is kitted out with mostly 5*. Then you can start taking the pieces you like to +20 and start minmaxing substats.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i'm willing to go until a piece with two good subs at the least, though often these are 3-sub pieces that also lose a roll by revealing the 4th. with rare mains like crit i'll often take anything, i have some absolute crap ones with no good subs that will eventually be their own hellgrind to replace.

ThePineapple
Oct 19, 2009
How much does Sucrose need C1 to function properly? I have her at C0 and am thinking of building her out to help in abyss... but I also don't have sac fragments so I'd be stuck using Thrilling Tales or one of the craftable 4*'s. Maybe I should focus on someone else for now

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE

ThePineapple posted:

How much does Sucrose need C1 to function properly? I have her at C0 and am thinking of building her out to help in abyss... but I also don't have sac fragments so I'd be stuck using Thrilling Tales or one of the craftable 4*'s. Maybe I should focus on someone else for now

Sucrose with neither C1 nor sac frags is a real drag, she just contributes nothing most of the time. She can still be a swirlbot with her normal attacks but she'll do very little damage on her own. Without those she badly needs at least 200% ER if you want to make her contribute CC and AoE damage - both ER hourglass and ER weapon. Build anemo traveler instead or roll for C1 on the current banner.

With both of those though and a decent EM build she's incredibly strong, just constant ult spam and a ton of damage all around.

TheFluff fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Jan 7, 2021

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

For artifacts you'll also want to be aware of which 4-set bonuses are really important and which ones aren't. The extremely important ones are Venerer, Crimson Witch (for Diluc), Noblesse 4-piece for supports that don't care about their damage, Gladiator/Bolide for Noelle. You really, really want these bonuses and should be willing to run worse pieces than you'd like to complete them.

Otherwise, you will get good pieces that don't belong on anyone like a great Thundersoother's sands and you'll want to identify which characters are more suited to carrying only a 2-set bonus and random pieces otherwise. Gladiator/Noblesse 2-set is nice on Keqing but she'll do fine with a TF 2-set and carrying very good off-pieces you might have. I'd say the same is true of Xiangling, Chongyun, Xingqiu, Fischl, Mona, Xinyan, Beidou, Albedo, Zhong Li, Tartaglia, in support roles these characters all would ideally have two 2-sets but if you have some really excellent off-pieces they're good choices to put them on.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Jan 7, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
I'm much more selective about substats on the flower and feather since you don't have to worry about the main stat. I want at least 3 good substats on feather& flower with most of the level up rolls going into them. Everything else, I take the first correct main stat gear I get to +12 no matter how bad the substats are, then decide if I want to run the domain more or move on to other things.