Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

lol on the same page

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

LeeMajors posted:

They've always handled right wing extremists with kid gloves. Jokes about police presence at KKK rallies being muted by participation are decades old.

I know. I didn't mean it as a shocking thing. Just how brutal of a reminder it was of "that's how things are"

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Dango Bango posted:

I know. I didn't mean it as a shocking thing. Just how brutal of a reminder it was of "that's how things are"

Yeah sorry. I have a short fuse today. I'm so loving sick of watching them enable white people.

Like today was the ultimate display of white privilege and fragility and it was loving disgusting.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Dango Bango posted:

I still can't get out of my head the juxtaposition of how BLM protests were handled versus today's domestic terrorism. :(

lmao gently caress the police

https://twitter.com/KySportsRadio/status/1347031398176223233

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Hell of a day. Got my nerves up for a while there. I rarely drink, but today I needed to crack open a cold one just to settle myself down.

Made a post on FB about it with a photo of the schmucks climbing a wall. I'm a Canadian living in the US, and an old friend of mine from back home was among the replies with "Anyone with an ounce of intelligence can see that this is staged!"

Don't know what the gently caress that was about, someone else asked him to clarify but I don't think he ever replied. So I added more photos and "it's really happening" to my post. I've been adding photos all evening as I find them. At some point, he deleted his reply.

Anyway, not gonna lie if it was gonna be four more years I'd be arranging to move back. Today I was getting anxious about doing just that. I feel better now though.

Still, is anyone here an immigration lawyer? I'm not planning to bail, but I'm in an odd situation that I'd like to discuss with someone knowledgeable.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Fascinated by the South Korea and Japan flags

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Spoeank posted:

Fascinated by the South Korea and Japan flags

Starcraft and anime

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Need a closeup of the Israel flag for next time someone says about a white supremacist "actually in the podcast he's the one who's always pro-Israel."

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
Neat, the Georgia objection is withdrawn.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Qwijib0 posted:

Neat, the Georgia objection is withdrawn.

Guy should've been told to sit down due to his fraudulent election.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Every single one of them would be dead in a pool of blood if they tried that as BLM protesters

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
watching this process and hearing the tally language for the first time it makes so much sense for a world without electronic communications but hoo boy is it just the most anachronistic congressional procedure.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Something a little more wholesome
https://twitter.com/BethLynch2020/status/1347011254527864832

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg posted:

Guy should've been told to sit down due to his fraudulent election.

:hai:

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

https://twitter.com/MatthewB64/status/1347012289812074498

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

lol the qanon georgia lady is the voice of the members objecting to michigan and pence just ignored it

e: pence just accepted michigan for biden

no objections to minnesota

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
Michigan also withdrawn by the senator, given that and Georgia I suspect the last hump is Pennsylvania. Glad to see some of them had brief moment of sanity and or just wanted to go to sleep.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Qwijib0 posted:

Michigan also withdrawn by the senator, given that and Georgia I suspect the last hump is Pennsylvania. Glad to see some of them had brief moment of sanity and or just wanted to go to sleep.

PA doesn't matter now I don't think? Nevada and Georgia gives Biden the presidency

e: lol at all the objections where pence says "It must be signed by a senator" and then they have to admit no senator has joined and Pence tells them to gently caress off

I don't like Pence but this is great

Intruder fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Jan 7, 2021

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

Intruder posted:

PA doesn't matter now I don't think? Nevada and Georgia gives Biden the presidency

e: lol at all the objections where pence says "It must be signed by a senator" and then they have to admit no senator has joined and Pence tells them to gently caress off

I don't like Pence but this is great

It doesn't matter for result, just drawing it out. I want to go to bed with this done 😀

Fox cut away saying they'll be back for Pennsylvania, so that's probably still gonna have it's senator. Cruz was AZ, so maybe that was hawley's?

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

This is art. Absolutely amazing

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Pence is all "Let's get this shitshow done with already."

Meanwhile I'm watching the 1960 Spartacus & I still enjoy it, even if it's kind of bloated.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
Hah, Hawley on Pennsylvania. Wonder if they will try to drag out to 2 hours of debate

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Qwijib0 posted:

It doesn't matter for result, just drawing it out. I want to go to bed with this done 😀

Bad news, friend

They just retired to chambers for PA

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
Hawley may get physically assaulted by a seated member of congress by the time this is done and I couldn’t be happier about it

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
all of the Pennsylvania house repubs want to speak apparently, oh good.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Qwijib0 posted:

all of the Pennsylvania house repubs want to speak apparently, oh good.

I mean they literally just refused to seat a dem state senator so of course they do

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

Intruder posted:

I mean they literally just refused to seat a dem state senator so of course they do

Repubs got autocorrected to felons in the first draft of that, and I think my phone is on to something

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
In also important news I finally escaped Hades, “only” 44 attempts. How much is there really left to see? I get there’s encyclopedia stuff by repeating the process and I could unlock more decor, is that about it?

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/USCPSC/status/1347012969864065026?s=20

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Thaddius the Large posted:

In also important news I finally escaped Hades, “only” 44 attempts. How much is there really left to see? I get there’s encyclopedia stuff by repeating the process and I could unlock more decor, is that about it?

The plot starts now. Keep going

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

They just jumped right to the vote for the objection in the Senate, so this was even less than worthless.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I'm watching them read out the votes one by one, what am I doing with my life

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

Freaquency posted:

They just jumped right to the vote for the objection in the Senate, so this was even less than worthless.

Hawley couldn't bring himself to let Cruz be the only one to carry the Trump banner toward 2024 I guess, even after getting to say his piece and the events of the day.

We know Loeffler withdrew from the GA objection, wonder if we will find out who the other withdraws were.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

Intruder posted:

C-SPAN is good tv

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Qwijib0 posted:

Hawley couldn't bring himself to let Cruz be the only one to carry the Trump banner toward 2024 I guess, even after getting to say his piece and the events of the day.

We know Loeffler withdrew from the GA objection, wonder if we will find out who the other withdraws were.

The ones who planned to object signed a letter or something, so it’s just a question of whether each signed on to a state as a pet project or if they were all going to agree to object to each one.

Intruder posted:

Basking in the American Experiment! The one upside to this is a lot of Americans got a crash course in civics over the past 4 years.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Artificial Tree Supremacy

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg posted:

Artificial Tree Supremacy

:hai:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
MSNBC just had a very smart black woman who was part of Obama's policing task force talk about how this is a textbook example of white supremacism and how the police actively abetted this domestic terrorism and then the rebuttal was some FBI gently caress who said the problem was we don't have enough laws.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
And then there's this moron

https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/1346989905688240130

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007