Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What are you looking forward to in 2021?
This poll is closed.
More Bowesette 86 29.76%
This poll being modified by the mods 23 7.96%
game industry unionizing 80 27.68%
less open world AAA games 21 7.27%
being one of cheetah's little pogchamps 1 0.35%
78 26.99%
Total: 289 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I have an engineer friend who used to work in London. Then brexit happened. His work then shipped him to Seattle, and Trump happened.

Guess where he is now...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Wamdoodle posted:

A shitload of people don't realize the Civil Rights Act was in 1964, it's only 57 years old. Just old enough to have a mid life crisis. Also, there were a ton of people that were not happy about it passing, Nixon in particular.

The "actually segregation was made up" is always in response to me saying that the Civil Rights Act is so new that there are a large number of people alive today who remember segregation

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

half the country talks about all the conspiracies they believe as if they have schizophrenia. but they don't have it

i think

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
My dad said you can’t occupy a federal building because it belongs to the public lmao I hate my family

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Ask him about Occupy Wall Street being dragged out of public parks

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

The "actually segregation was made up" is always in response to me saying that the Civil Rights Act is so new that there are a large number of people alive today who remember segregation

It's the nature of time. On the other end of the spectrum, even on this site, you have dumb fucks stanning for Stalin. gently caress I hate humanity.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Yeah its messed up. There's someone I know that lived through that and they are Trump and Jesus pilled because they watch Christian evangelists all day and the keep saying "Jesus chose Donald Trump to be president of our land blessed by God" They are a POC and I've tried to have a rational discussion about how Trump and the White Christian Evangelicals absolutely do not care what happens to you and only want your money if you're going to have Jesus as you're savior you need to listen to his gospel and not the man on TV. They are too far gone though.

The 7th Guest posted:

half the country talks about all the conspiracies they believe as if they have schizophrenia. but they don't have it

i think

Alot of conspiracy theorists believe in a Hollywood version of the government and think they are like the hacker in the movies that can see the threads but they are just looking to try and make the world make sense because they are afraid. That's why Qanon is so prevalent because it promises answers to everything. Look up the QMap if you're brave.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

The 7th Guest posted:

in my alternate reality, korra and asami are running a coffee shop....

I'd like to hear more about this

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Jay Rust posted:

Ask him about Occupy Wall Street being dragged out of public parks

or ask him about the capitol police arresting disabled people protesting

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...o-a7803456.html

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Wamdoodle posted:

Alot of conspiracy theorists believe in a Hollywood version of the government and think they are like the hacker in the movies that can see the threads but they are just looking to try and make the world make sense because they are afraid. That's why Qanon is so prevalent because it promises answers to everything. Look up the QMap if you're brave.

I can't look at 2020 and imagine anyone coming out of it NOT believing in conspiracy theories

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
The most singularly annoying thing about conspiracy theories is that every once in a blue moon, one of them actually turns out to be true.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Cardiovorax posted:

The most singularly annoying thing about conspiracy theories is that every once in a blue moon, one of them actually turns out to be true.

Honestly, the most unbelievable part about qanon is that Trump is somehow now the exact kind of Hollywood guy harvesting adrenochrome. People are accusing basically every person on earth of being in the child-eating cabal but then look at a photo of Trump making out with Epstein and decide that that is the only photograph that has ever been taken in human history that isn't some sort of hidden clue

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
I took a nap and America is still crazy I see

I'm playing Anime Robots while watching this crazy shitshow.

I cleared what I guess is the tutorial. It's v good. I really like the art and characters a whole bunch. Only have 8 protagonists even unlocked

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Cardiovorax posted:

Oh definitely. There's some shady poo poo going on that the US gov does so the times that the conspiracy is right, is enough for someone to go: "What else is true" :thunk:

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Honestly, the most unbelievable part about qanon is that Trump is somehow now the exact kind of Hollywood guy harvesting adrenochrome. People are accusing basically every person on earth of being in the child-eating cabal but then look at a photo of Trump making out with Epstein and decide that that is the only photograph that has ever been taken in human history that isn't some sort of hidden clue

lol this gets me too.

Simone Magus posted:

I took a nap and America is still crazy I see

I'm playing Anime Robots while watching this crazy shitshow.

I cleared what I guess is the tutorial. It's v good. I really like the art and characters a whole bunch. Only have 8 protagonists even unlocked

PM'd you.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

My dad made fun of me for "believing the government" about global warming being real but then vehemently denied that Iran Contra actually happened despite the CIA openly admitting to it. When he realized it he told me that he was sure the government didn't have any idea how badly things would turn out wrt the crack epidemic

just absolutely incredible poo poo

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

My dad made fun of me for "believing the government" about global warming being real but then vehemently denied that Iran Contra actually happened despite the CIA openly admitting to it. When he realized it he told me that he was sure the government didn't have any idea how badly things would turn out wrt the crack epidemic

lmao drat, I'm sorry you have to deal with that. Keep up the fight though.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

Wamdoodle posted:

Oh definitely. There's some shady poo poo going on that the US gov does so the times that the conspiracy is right, is enough for someone to go: "What else is true" :thunk:
God knows that poo poo like the Tuskegee Syphilis Experiment sounds like something a hack writer would come up with as a script for a Hollywood thriller.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

This sucks! My parents are similar, though they rest their beliefs primarily on people being lazy or stupid. No such thing as systemic issues, no truly bad actors in position of power, people (and it's always the lowest level person in the organization in question) are just lazy.

My dad also worked at the white house in some low level capacity during the Reagan admin and loves the guy, will get real mad if you mention anything negative about him.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
it's completely demoralizing. like we're from different planets. doesn't help that i'm crap at asserting myself.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

I had forgotten about this with all the today happening, thank you.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

"Technically, this is the only Legend of Zelda game, the rest you play as Link" -- Brossentia

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 07:22 on Jan 7, 2021

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

"Technically, this is the only Legend of Zelda game, the rest you play as Link" -- Brossentia

Clearly the reason is because Zelda is a homicidal maniac.

Good

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Can't believe he already forgot about the third Zelda CD-I game where it was a topdown game where you played as Zelda and it had live action cutscenes

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Have you ever noticed that people use the term "cheesing" to mean a cheap and easy tactic to win at video games yet most cheeses are in fact expensive and take a long time to make?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Maybe it should be cheezing, you know that stuff just comes out of a vat of chemicals

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

seems clear no one wants to be cheetah's little pogchamp in 2020. very sad for him.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

New Super Metis posted:

seems clear no one wants to be cheetah's little pogchamp in 2020. very sad for him.

optimistic about 2021 though

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I still don't know what pogschamp is and am now glad I will never have to learn.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Rinkles posted:

it's completely demoralizing. like we're from different planets. doesn't help that i'm crap at asserting myself.

If it helps I have this same issue with my parents. We don’t talk about it (and so we’re talking less and less in general.)

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Rinkles posted:

I'm just completely apolitical at home because I don't want to deal with the conflict.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

FirstAidKite posted:

Can't believe he already forgot about the third Zelda CD-I game where it was a topdown game where you played as Zelda and it had live action cutscenes

The actual runner mentioned this and I had no idea it existed!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LomZzXfgNxQ&t=68s

You can also play Zelda in Cadence of Hyrule and Hyrule Warriors...

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Got in some quality time with Final Fantasy 7 and it’s finally clicking with me

Played from shortly after meeting Aerith up through the sewers. The writing is really, really good. Tifa and Aerith are both incredibly charming and all the NPCs tend to be worth talking to.

Combat is kind of a nothing so far, but modern upgrades to these games like 3x speed and “turn off random encounters for a minute while I figure out this prerendered background” should be more commonplace

Anyway https://twitter.com/doogleswuggles/status/1347069360880418818?s=20

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Much love to those who have lost their parents to FOX News. This is such a problem in America that people have written articles about it.

cheetah7071 posted:

optimistic about 2021 though

I will be your pogchamp :kiddo:

Iverron
May 13, 2012

exquisite tea posted:

Have you ever noticed that people use the term "cheesing" to mean a cheap and easy tactic to win at video games yet most cheeses are in fact expensive and take a long time to make?

this is a kraft singles house thank you

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

exquisite tea posted:

I still don't know what pogschamp is and am now glad I will never have to learn.

It's just a way for kids to talk about Marcel Duchamp and keep their parents from knowing.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
For anyone else who was as confused as me:

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2021-01-07-twitch-pulls-the-pogchamp-emote

quote:

The PogChamp emote is based on Ryan "Gootecks" Gutierrez, a famous face within the fighting game community. The emote itself originates from a 2010 video blooper reel from the Cross Counter YouTube show, in which Gootecks expressed surprise.

Last night, after Trump supporters stormed the Capitol in an attack that saw four people die, Gootecks called for "civil unrest" over the shooting and death of a woman inside the Capitol building, using the hashtag "MAGAMartyr" in a tweet.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Well I got Outer Wilds as a Christmas gift and had the most baffling achievement unlock.

I decided to chase down the thing you see go flying at the start of every loop, managed to follow it completely out of the solar system, then matched speed and got out to take a look.

I checked around it and couldn't see anything I could do with it, so I got ready to ram myself against it to kill myself and start the next loop. I had the audio scope out because I gave it a quick check beforehand.

I slammed into the thing, died, and as I died the impact spun me around a bit and the achievement for hearing all music at once popped.

From what I figure, the thing went in such a direction and I spent just long enough fiddling with it that when I ran into it and died, it spun me at such a perfect angle that all the music players were lined up and I got them all for a split second before I respawned.

Now I'm sorta sad I didn't get that achievement properly, I didn't get a chance to actually hear the music.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

The 7th Guest posted:

in my alternate reality, korra and asami are running a coffee shop....

New Super Metis posted:

I'd like to hear more about this

Same. I was so sad when Legend of Korra finished. I was so very into it and the end title music is truly something gorgeous:)

Also why is it called a pogchamp? I know the emote is from the gootek dude but why pogchamp. Is it to do with pogs? (Of which the iks claim I am super into for some reason (?????)) Or just a silly word associated with it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

VideoGames posted:

Also why is it called a pogchamp? I know the emote is from the gootek dude but why pogchamp. Is it to do with pogs? (Of which the iks claim I am super into for some reason (?????)) Or just a silly word associated with it?

Racism is back, in pog form!