Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Perfect Twist
Aug 15, 2007

"What have I done? I'll have to start again. To forget and to disappear. I'll head north, far-north, to that big question mark, the Northern Territory"
Thank you, hummus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

Holy gently caress, that is the greatest menu ever.

She is suspicious of cheese

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Beans, gentlemen

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

hawowanlawow posted:

five guys is hella overpriced in America, too

they should offer a hose down service at the exit of all five guys imo

Five Guys is an interesting case. They started as a small chain in Virginia, and at the time had amazing burgers and piles of fries for what was basically fast food prices. Once they had some reputation and expanded locally, the prices started going up to more like a premium fast food chain - no longer drive through prices, but still a damned good burger and a good value. They continued to get good press for this combination and expanded nationally, but while the burger was still good the prices inched up to more like a fast casual place. By the time you're paying nearly $10 for a burger there are so many options that what was an excellent $5 burger loses its appeal.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
Tuna Is A Problem

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Foul White Jar

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Thank you, hummus

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Liver with cheese, or liver liver with cheese

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Five Guys is an interesting case. They started as a small chain in Virginia, and at the time had amazing burgers and piles of fries for what was basically fast food prices. Once they had some reputation and expanded locally, the prices started going up to more like a premium fast food chain - no longer drive through prices, but still a damned good burger and a good value. They continued to get good press for this combination and expanded nationally, but while the burger was still good the prices inched up to more like a fast casual place. By the time you're paying nearly $10 for a burger there are so many options that what was an excellent $5 burger loses its appeal.

I used to be sniffy about Five Guys but in Luxembourg a McDonalds or Burger King meal runs you ~€10 at which point Five Guys for a few euros more is an absolute no brainer.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
I just go to Five Guys for the fries. The burger is a nice bonus.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Data Graham posted:

Liver with cheese, or liver liver with cheese

Hm, I've never noticed that item in the background, is that some sort of pub game like British pachinko or something?

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
That's a penny arcade.

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Haven't wver been impressed with Five Guys fries. They're OK.
Of course locally we have Cook Out which is the best.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Scarodactyl posted:

what the heck

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Scarodactyl posted:

The appeal is that they come in near unlimited quantities. The containers they have are meaningless because they just fill the bag their fries come in.

AreWeDrunkYet has a new favorite as of 21:27 on Jan 6, 2021

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Scarodactyl posted:

They give you a ton of them and the seasoned fries are really good. :shrug:

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Five Guys has meant less than nothing to me. I know people who swear by it, go crazy over it, but I went twice and it was just :shrug:. I heard--probably here--that you're better off going to a location that's been open for longer, because the grill (or whatever) gets seasoned and results in better burgs. Maybe I'll give them another try now that my local restaurant isn't brand-new.

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007

Iron Crowned posted:

Plain egg noodles was a common side dish in my house growing up. If I wanted to add flavor butter County Crock was offered.
A classic meal for broke students in Sweden is "Pasta Rosso". Boil the cheapest pasta available and cover with the cheapest ketchup available. Maybe salt the water first if you're feeling real fancy.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Hedenius posted:

A classic meal for broke students in Sweden is "Pasta Rosso". Boil the cheapest pasta available and cover with the cheapest ketchup available. Maybe salt the water first if you're feeling real fancy.

italians_mad_at_food

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

Hirayuki posted:

Five Guys has meant less than nothing to me. I know people who swear by it, go crazy over it, but I went twice and it was just :shrug:. I heard--probably here--that you're better off going to a location that's been open for longer, because the grill (or whatever) gets seasoned and results in better burgs. Maybe I'll give them another try now that my local restaurant isn't brand-new.

Don't. They make an OK burger but you can spend the same for something better anywhere else at the same price point. If you're into too many lovely peanut oil fried french fries it might be your jam but....

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Lib and let die posted:

italians_mad_at_food

Mamma says that the water should taste like the sea!

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

Butterfly Valley posted:

Yeah it's the latter, actual Turkish pizza is called 'Pide' and looks like this:

it owns. get it if you have the chance

Oh dang, all the pizzarias here in Denmark(which are like, to a one, run by emigrant Turks and Kurds), do this thing. It's usually only made in one format, called a "Matador," where the filling is cheese, tomato, sliced steak/filet(either beef or pork), mushrooms, red peppers, sometimes bacon(usually only if its a pork filet) and bearnaise sauce.

It is extremely delightful and I've never managed to replicate it at home.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

King of Solomon posted:

They give you a ton of them and the seasoned fries are really good. :shrug:

You do get a ton but I've always found them to be too soggy/limp. Still better than like bruger king fries but could be a lot better.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Not gonna lie, probably would.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

The lack of pizza rules demands that I accept that this is a pizza.

I cannot, however, believe the idea that someone found joy in that meal.

don longjohns
Mar 2, 2012

Cartoon Man posted:

That looks pretty good to me too, but I dunno about the pickle. I love pickles but I think it would make the hash browns a little soggy 🤔 maybe if they double fried the hash browns, then we can talk

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Cartoon Man posted:

I had something similar to this on a Finnair flight at some point in 2019. Either to or from Helsinki. Except it was more like a boat and full of this decent tomato stuff

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
That’s just a Big Mac but better bread and presumably, other ingredients

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Cartoon Man posted:

Drop the pickles and ketchup, and I absolutely would

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Butterfly Valley posted:

Yeah it's the latter, actual Turkish pizza is called 'Pide' and looks like this:

"Pide" just means bread, IIRC, same as "pita". I have seen those things at bakeries, but I can't remember what they called them.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Tiggum posted:

"Pide" just means bread, IIRC, same as "pita". I have seen those things at bakeries, but I can't remember what they called them.
They're called khachapuri in Georgia, if that name rings any bells.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Hirayuki posted:

They're called khachapuri in Georgia, if that name rings any bells.

I was gonna say that looks like a khachapuri that grew up and joined the circus

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Tiggum posted:

'Ekmek' is bread in Turkish. Although the etymological roots of pide and pita are obviously similar, no Turk calls bread pide.

Georgia's khachapuri looking similar is no surprise given the extent of the Ottoman empire's influence on food in the region. I've never eaten khachapuri but while it looks superficially similar to pide, pide can be made with a bunch of fillings whereas I know khachapuri is always just cheese and bread.

Butterfly Valley has a new favorite as of 15:00 on Jan 7, 2021

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Pide is definitely not pizza, but no pizza rules and all

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I was in Lviv Ukraine in 2019 and there are Georgian restaurants all over the place there the same way Mexican places are here, I'm pretty sure it occupies a very analogous place in the culinary culture.

Our hosts took us to a different Georgian place every day lol, I had so much khachapuri (and turkish coffee and khinkali and chacha holy poo poo)

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Cartoon Man posted:

Might, if I were hungry

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Cartoon Man posted:

Looks like it would be extremely messy from too much ketchup and the thick pickle slices would slide around too much, but I'm not opposed to it in concept

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

CaptainSarcastic posted:

I hate crispy pepperoni so much I thought I just didn't like pepperoni. Having it covered in cheese might work well for me.

When I was kid I used to order ask for linguica on my side of the pizza instead of pepperoni and it worked much better.

There are also grades of pepperoni, when I make pizza at home I get the good stuff and you can tell the difference. Linguica is still a better topping if you can get it. And if you can, consider a linguica, garlic, and artichoke pizza for an ultimate savory experience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

more falafel please posted:

Looks like it would be extremely messy from too much ketchup and the thick pickle slices would slide around too much, but I'm not opposed to it in concept

If those are big mac sized patties then that burger would actually be relatively small and probably be a lot easier to pick up and eat than the behemoths most burger places serve nowadays.