Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
?
This poll is closed.
Yes 62 44.93%
No 76 55.07%
Total: 138 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

Duzzy Funlop posted:

They missed the shitheads with the "Camp Auschwitz" hoodies and "6MWE"-shirts.

Had to look up that second one. Adding that to the "how to identify nazis" file.

I hope its a good thing that my first thought was "the gently caress does six megawatts of energy mean?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Duzzy Funlop posted:

They missed the shitheads with the "Camp Auschwitz" hoodies and "6MWE"-shirts.

These are the fun photos, not new practice targets for going to the range.

https://twitter.com/laraseligman/status/1347186379562885120?s=21

Marshal Prolapse fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Jan 7, 2021

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
I felt compelled to email a former college professor this morning:

quote:

Back in 2016, you had a course on Interwar Europe and the rise of fascism. In that course’s final oral exam, you asked if Donald Trump was a fascist. At the time my answer was “No, he’s just an rear end in a top hat.”

In light of recent events, I would like to amend the first part of that answer.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

drat, if only Kelly had experience as a General or something, maybe then we would have some insight.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Steezo posted:

Had to look up that second one. Adding that to the "how to identify nazis" file.

I hope its a good thing that my first thought was "the gently caress does six megawatts of energy mean?"

Yeah, I scratched my head a bit as well in early December while attempting to decipher all the Proud Boy in-jokes from some protest.
The shirts slipped by Amazon "quality control" for quite a while as well, it seems.

"Funny dating or relationship shirt, wear it during photo sessions, practical Christmas, Birthday, Fathers Day, Mothers day"

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Yeah, I scratched my head a bit as well in early December while attempting to decipher all the Proud Boy in-jokes from some protest.
The shirts slipped by Amazon "quality control" for quite a while as well, it seems.

"Funny dating or relationship shirt, wear it during photo sessions, practical Christmas, Birthday, Fathers Day, Mothers day"

"Made in USA and Imported"

How the hell does that work?

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
Just dropped my kid off at daycare, they were calling them insurgents on NPR

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

As Nero Danced posted:

"Made in USA and Imported"

How the hell does that work?

Ink made here, cotton shirt imported, printed here.

It's like the "made in mexico/china/vietnam, assembled in america" tags you occasionally see on other poo poo.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So Capital Police doming that idiot came out and lessons to be learned...don’t try breaching a secured facility.

Ash the Fash Gets Dashed
:nws:
https://twitter.com/shb942/status/1347096329156259 841?s=21

Embed stuff keeps working so I put a space in between part of the link.

Marshal Prolapse fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Jan 7, 2021

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

MazelTovCocktail posted:

So Capital Police doming that idiot came out and lessons to be learned...don’t try breaching a secured facility.
Except then hundreds got in...

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Yeah....um...they made it in after that.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

CommieGIR posted:

Yeah....um...they made it in after that.

they never got inside the congressional chamber I dont think, thats where she got shot I'm pretty sure

edit:

is where I think she got shot from

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hot Karl Marx posted:

they never got inside the congressional chamber I dont think, thats where she got shot I'm pretty sure

Yep, I should have been clearer. They never got in when the Reps were in there.

Also lol what a dumbass. “I’ll just climb through this when people are pointing guns at me.”

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-attempted-coup-federal-law-enforcement-capitol-police-2021-1

quote:

Today I am briefing my government that we believe with a reasonable level of certainty that Donald Trump attempted a coup

quote:

A law enforcement official who trains with US forces believes someone interfered with the proper deployment of officers around Congress

quote:

Thank god it didn't work because I can't imagine how hard it would be to sanction the US financial system

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/jbendery/status/1347194604970536962?s=20

Congressional leaders are just so utterly worthless. I guess when the leader of the executive branch gets an armed mob to assault another branch while they are in-session that there is just nothing to be done and let's all just forget about it

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

Annnnnd Congress just gave away their co-equal status. Good to know!

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Hot Karl Marx posted:

edit:

Nah, she was shot outside of the speaker's lobby. Not here.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Yep, I should have been clearer. They never got in when the Reps were in there.

Also lol what a dumbass. “I’ll just climb through this when people are pointing guns at me.”

she was an off-duty cop whose hobbies included recording videos of herself screaming in her car. there are a lot of dumbasses like that, and you only need a few together to get things done.

e: i suggest everyone find an empowering message to take away from these events, because your enemies definitely will.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Nick Soapdish posted:

Congressional leaders are just so utterly worthless. I guess when the leader of the executive branch gets an armed mob to assault another branch while they are in-session that there is just nothing to be done and let's all just forget about it

Ah! Well. Nevertheless,

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

Nick Soapdish posted:

so I guess the chuds won. Good job guys, well, this is the beginning of the end

pkells
Sep 14, 2007

King of Klatch

Hot Karl Marx posted:

edit:

Nah, she was shot through some doors at the end of a hallway in a stairwell trying to climb over a blockade. There’s video floating around out there, but I’m not going to link it.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Doc Hawkins posted:

she was an off-duty cop whose hobbies included recording videos of herself screaming in her car. there are a lot of dumbasses like that, and you only need a few together to get things done.

e: i suggest everyone find an empowering message to take away from these events, because your enemies definitely will.

I wonder if she was unknowingly posted about in the idiots thread?

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

Nick Soapdish posted:

So does this mean the 25th can’t be invoked?

Basically everyone just bides their time until Joe comes in?

Meanwhile the FBI gets to track down all the tips provided? It’d be interesting to find out the outcomes of all this poo poo.

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

You throw me the acorn, I throw you the whip!

nwin posted:

So does this mean the 25th can’t be invoked?

Basically everyone just bides their time until Joe comes in?

Meanwhile the FBI gets to track down all the tips provided? It’d be interesting to find out the outcomes of all this poo poo.

I would hope that the 25th could be done still, but I really can't speak to how the process works past the various cabinet secretaries. The dipshits from yesterday did a good enough job documenting their crimes and many of them have already been doxxed, so I'd hope the FBI nabbing these folks and charging them with at least felonies is a relatively easy process.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

I think the 25th could be, but impeachment/removal is now off the table (because they’re not there to do it).

Immanentized
Mar 17, 2009
I mean congress not being co-equal could help a Dem preidency? On the negative aspect, it's easier for the imperial presidency to continue and indeed get worse

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

i remain surprised at how surprised everyone sounded yesterday. of course it only takes one righteously angry mob to make cops and politicians retreat. if it didn't, what hope would there be in politics?

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Immanentized posted:

I mean congress not being co-equal could help a Dem preidency? On the negative aspect, it's easier for the imperial presidency to continue and indeed get worse

That just feeds into the “president is above the law” bullshit that Barr et al love to spew at any given moment.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Hot Karl Marx posted:

edit:

More video surface. There was a hallway on the other side, not a chamber.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

https://twitter.com/RexChapman/status/1347077202156933121?s=19

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/edi_samira/status/1347199794536734725?s=20

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
Trump tried to overthow the government and the only punishment he'll get is less than we hand out for posting goatse.

Anticipating the Biden admin to decline to press charges against him so we can "move on and heel heal."

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Vortex Street posted:

That looks like a very different window than the one the woman was trying to crawl through—she was trying to get through a very tall double door in a hallway at the top of a stairwell.

Yeah that post was fake news.

The view through the window on the left was this (pre-shooting, gun visible)

She started to climb through the window on the right.

brains
May 12, 2004

real cool how you can now break down the doors of congress while it's in session, storm the building with guns and pipebombs, and walk right out with zero consequences, while cops take selfies with you. totally not going to cause any issues in the future.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
Is there any sort of mechanism to yank the security clearances of anyone getting into Q stuff? They're clearly a threat to national security and it's not like their involvement is hard to find.

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

You throw me the acorn, I throw you the whip!

fknlo posted:

Is there any sort of mechanism to yank the security clearances of anyone getting into Q stuff? They're clearly a threat to national security and it's not like their involvement is hard to find.

I've seriously thought about talking to security about one of my coworkers because of this, but I'm not sure what would come of it.

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
A previously impeached president incited a mob to go after congress and they take it on the nose.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

https://twitter.com/CNBCnow/status/1347209972006989825

lol

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Here's the full statement. 2-week probie!

https://twitter.com/Kantrowitz/status/1347209358531198979?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

fknlo posted:

yeah, a constitutional convention; our current one frowns on religious discrimination

maybe if a bunch of them lived somewhere we needed oil from