Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

justcola posted:

I struggle to understand the thinking of the authors of articles like this - not just the stupid 'things should be worse actually' takes - but that they are obviously going to get looked into within minutes of the article being posted to see how big a hypocrite they are.

Guess someone else should have been picked for that scholarship because this lad has poo poo for brains

They're getting paid and the people paying them don't give a poo poo and the majority of the people who read it won't find out hes a massive hypocrite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

justcola posted:

I struggle to understand the thinking of the authors of articles like this - not just the stupid 'things should be worse actually' takes - but that they are obviously going to get looked into within minutes of the article being posted to see how big a hypocrite they are.

Guess someone else should have been picked for that scholarship because this lad has poo poo for brains

He earned that free money somehow and other people getting the same treatment takes away from his achievement.

Bobstar
Feb 8, 2006

KartooshFace, you are not responding efficiently!

lemonadesweetheart posted:

He earned that free money somehow and other people getting the same treatment takes away from his achievement.

Can't be a winner unless there are also losers (head tapping guy)

justcola
May 22, 2004

La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo

Gonzo McFee posted:

They're getting paid and the people paying them don't give a poo poo and the majority of the people who read it won't find out hes a massive hypocrite.

I had forgotten nobody cares about politics until it affects them and only reads the headline to confirm what they think anyway :(

looking forward to see who embarrasses themselves on my street by clapping this evening. I am guessing 1 person will half-heartedly give it a go, shout at people to come out, then go in as other neighbors pop their heads out wondering what day it is.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

justcola posted:

That assumes that veracity is important, the guy gets paid, the paper gets to print something they want to print, people who already think that get to read it and have those views reinforced, at no point does actual factual reality enter the picture, it is just money and ideological maintenence.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Comrade Fakename posted:

Joly's really one of the better ones, but these people aren't radicalising, they're returning to normal. For years these people considered themselves left-wing, and probably even radical. They complained about Tony Blair being too far right. But when the actual possibility of real positive change arose, they all slunk into their true selves. Now that the threat of anything worthwhile being done appears to have receded, they're slowly returning to their ideal forms - being able to passionately complain about injustice, safe in the knowledge that nothing will actually change and they won't be effected.
It’s all virtue signalling, which is why they scream so loud about other people doing it.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
Just heard the bit on podcast 61 about the British Embassy - could have told you that back in 2011. Worse than a chocolate teapot.

Loving AI Keith

Jaeluni Asjil fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Jan 7, 2021

crazyvanman
Dec 31, 2010

Grey Hunter posted:

Why does half naked horny man have a penis tattooed on his stomach?

(also, there goes America making us look like a strong and stable country again!)

So right with the last part in brackets. I stayed up too late watching various livestreams from around the US last night. Here's a fun summary of what I caught from the crowd outside the Governor's house in Olympia, WA:
- A pale, ginger young edgelord with a gun and a knife, openly stating that he was a fascist. He was hurling anti-Semitic and other racist abuse at other protesters, whose response was not - 'what the gently caress, it's an armed fascist' but: 'You're just a democrat plant, get out of here'
- A Fox News reporter got accused of broadcasting 'fake news' and punched the guy in the face
- A lone, teen/early 20s antifascist punk showed up to confront the several hundred remaining racists

Also, in Salt Lake City, a lone female protester showed up with a 'Trump lost, go home' sort of sign. Some Proud Boys wanted to go and 'talk' to her but she was protected by Hawaiian shirt-wearing, gun-holding boogaloo boys.

I'm not saying that the UK is all fine and dandy, but poo poo can you imagine if pretty much any of the above was going on here?

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

No individual article matters it's all of them together that create the self referential mileau of sadomasochistic British nonsense weve all been trapped in for decades if not centuries

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

crazyvanman posted:

I'm not saying that the UK is all fine and dandy, but poo poo can you imagine if pretty much any of the above was going on here?

quite easily yes

Archaeology Hat
Aug 10, 2009

crazyvanman posted:

So right with the last part in brackets. I stayed up too late watching various livestreams from around the US last night. Here's a fun summary of what I caught from the crowd outside the Governor's house in Olympia, WA:
- A pale, ginger young edgelord with a gun and a knife, openly stating that he was a fascist. He was hurling anti-Semitic and other racist abuse at other protesters, whose response was not - 'what the gently caress, it's an armed fascist' but: 'You're just a democrat plant, get out of here'
- A Fox News reporter got accused of broadcasting 'fake news' and punched the guy in the face
- A lone, teen/early 20s antifascist punk showed up to confront the several hundred remaining racists

Also, in Salt Lake City, a lone female protester showed up with a 'Trump lost, go home' sort of sign. Some Proud Boys wanted to go and 'talk' to her but she was protected by Hawaiian shirt-wearing, gun-holding boogaloo boys.

An MP was murdered in broad daylight a few years ago and the fash did more or less what youre describing but fatter and balder here last summer.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Did they ever take the giant metal box off the Churchill statue? I hope not.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
They’re busy trying to spend £100k on a ceremony for the Thatcher statue.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

crazyvanman posted:

We don't have to imagine.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Build the thatcher statue on top of the churchill cube.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

peanut- posted:

Did they ever take the giant metal box off the Churchill statue? I hope not.

You mean The Shame Cube? Don't think so

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

OwlFancier posted:

Build the thatcher statue on top of the churchill cube.

the put it in its own cube just in case the ANTEEFASS have their way with it

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Then when they come to open the cubes in ten years time the statues are mysteriously missing, a manhunt begins for david blaine as the lead suspect, but they can't catch him because he's also disappeared.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

https://twitter.com/Keir_Starmer/status/1347183905158418432?s=19

Did someone hack him?

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

thespaceinvader posted:

the put it in its own cube just in case the ANTEEFASS have their way with it

As long as the Thatcher cube is perspex and designed by Andres Serrano

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

I lived through 30 years of low intensity terrorism and now i find out my corner of the globe is in the relatively sane bit. :ughh:

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

crazyvanman posted:

The Home Secretary and the Daily Mail incited a man to attempt an act of domestic terrorism.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/oct/10/lawyers-claim-knife-attack-at-law-firm-was-inspired-by-priti-patels-rhetoric

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
andrew neill having a big moan on twitter that just because he's chairman of the spectator doens't mean its contents represents him

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

Apparently Andrew Neil literally owns a flat in Trump Tower.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
#corbynwasright trending on twitter.

Eg:

https://twitter.com/RedLabour_/status/1347123121325826050?s=20

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Musta done, Keith should be advocating for lower costs of gas by firing as many people as possible.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Comrade Fakename posted:

Apparently Andrew Neil literally owns a flat in Trump Tower.

Was he in the flight logs? Seems like the type

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Failed Imagineer posted:

There are multiple photos of him with Ghislaine

https://twitter.com/TheKafkaDude/status/1329831047798943746?s=19

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Is there a German word to capture the feeling of having your prejudices utterly confirmed?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Failed Imagineer posted:

Is there a German word to capture the feeling of having your prejudices utterly confirmed?

In this case I'd say "schadenfreude" sufficed.

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

Scottish Police acting like a bunch of absolute cunts forcing their way into someone's home here.

https://mobile.twitter.com/SteveLawsReport/status/1347215530244108288

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

Failed Imagineer posted:

Him, Toby young and taki.

He doesn’t like being reminded.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Failed Imagineer posted:

Noncebeweis.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
There's also a pic of him with a girl that's significantly younger than him, possibly illegally so https://mobile.twitter.com/MichaelNo2War/status/1202700718592970755

Lobster God
Nov 5, 2008
https://twitter.com/BBCNEandCumbria/status/1347224777388384264?s=19

This is your brain on nationalism

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

:britain:

Then Perish

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
you'll have people in west Belfast demanding the Pfizer one imo

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea

I'll have yours you fuckers

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

I want the British vaccine and the British virus and I don’t care which one comes first!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Lungboy posted:

There's also a pic of him with a girl that's significantly younger than him, possibly illegally so https://mobile.twitter.com/MichaelNo2War/status/1202700718592970755

Does Private Eye still run that picture every issue?