Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

SG Bamboo posted:

NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 15 January 5th
MOTYC

Jeff Cobb vs Shingo Takagi
Jay White vs Kota Ibushi

HM
Taiji Ishimori vs Hiromu Takahashi

Yeah agreed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

Your post absolutely convinced me and I'm seconding the WMOTYC nomination for The KOPW 4-Way at Wrestle Kingdom Night 2 now. It was absolutely the worst place and time to have this match, especially considering all the alternative participants they could have had.

Same, nth. It had no business being on a freaking Wrestle Kingdom card.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

This is a post from the last thread but with links for all the early year All Japan matches for you to check out

forkboy84 posted:

Right you are boss man

HM
1st January
Gatoh Move ChocoPro 77
5 Way New Year Death Match
Emi Sakura vs Antonio Honda vs Rin Rin vs Obihiro Sayaka vs Choun Shiryu

A very silly match featuring Antonio Honda going insane. The aim is to place the mandarin that is hanging from the ceiling on top of 2 mochi. I'd be lying if I said it made sense but it did make me laugh.

HM
1st January
Gatoh Move ChocoPro 77
Best Bros (Baliyan Akki & Mei Suruga) vs Pencil Army (Lulupencil & Minoru Fujita)

Pencil Army isn't for everyone, but if you can take silliness & immersion breaking nonsense in your wrestling then you should really enjoy Lulupencil & friends. Here Big Japan Death Match Champion Minoru Fujita puts on the dungarees & baseball cap to join the army as they try to vanquish the dastardly Best Bros. There's table spots & a ludicrous dive onto a pile of stools & Akki doing some very cool dives using the windows. Utterly unique.

HM
2nd January
All Japan Pro Wrestling New Year's War Night 1
Enfants Terribles (Hokuto Omori, Shotaro Ashino & Yusuke Kodama) vs Akira Francesco, Jake Lee & TAJIRI

Maybe I'm just really wanting this to be the year that AJPW actually get behind Enfants Terribles like they should have in the back half of 2020 but this was a real nice undercard 6 man tag. It goes under 10 minutes, Akira gets ragdolled by Ashino's suplexes, & it teases a potential feud between the leaders of Enfants & JIN so that's cool.

HM
2nd January
Astronauts (Fuminori Abe & Takuya Nomura) vs Ikuto Hidaka & Koji Iwamoto

Astronauts are the BJW Heavyweight Tag Team title holders, Nomura & Abe are two of the most exciting talent on the Japanese indies (Abe works everywhere from Gatoh Move & 666 to Basara & Big Japan, Cagematch has him at 139 appearances in 2020 despite it being a plague shortened year, & they don't even have all his appearances according to Strigga). They are also growing into my favourite tag team of the moment. They just hit guys really hard, so does Hidaka (at one point Hidaka & Nomura start slapping each other & the ringside camera ends up with saliva on the lens because hey, Hidaka hits that hard). Really loving hope they stick around All Japan this year because Astronauts rule, more of this please.

HM
2nd January
All Japan World Tag Team Titles
Violent Giants (Shuji Ishikawa & Suwama) vs NEXTREAM (Kento Miyahara & Yuma Aoyagi)

That's twice in a fortnight I've watched Ishikawa prove he can actually still be really good in tag team matches. It's real good.

HM
3rd January
All Japan Pro Wrestling New Year's War Night 2
All Asia Tag Team Titles
Purple Haze (Izanagi & Zeus) vs Enfants Terribles (Hokuto Omori & Koji Doi)

HM
3rd January
GAORA TV Title
Table, Ladder & Chairs
Yoshitatsu vs Jun Kasai

You've got a death match legend against the long running TV champ (587 day reign as of this event!), there's a ladder set up in the middle of the ring, there's a table in one corner, a pile of chairs in another. Okay, it's weird seeing a TLC match in a very traditional champion but Jun Kasai knows what he's doing & this worked well. They didn't over do the crazy spots, but they did do plenty of traumatic brain injury inducing stuff (Yoshitatsu has the ladder & spins around & Kasai walks into it repeatedly & the first one, holy poo poo), I laughed, I was entralled.

MOTYC
3rd January
Triple Crown Title
Suwama vs Yuma Aoyagi

A match that started slow & built to a bit of overkill, but watching at 5am a bit of overkill was exactly what I needed to stay awake. It probably went a little long but I thought it was Suwama's best title defence since Ashino last summer.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Breitbart Is Rightbart posted:

What a loving match, NJPW will have a hard time topping this one in 2021 .

We say this after every Wrestle Kingdom and we're always wrong

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

Punch McLightning posted:

Wrestle Kingdom Night 2

MOTYC: Hiromu Takahashi vs. Taiji Ishimori
MOTYC: Jay White vs. Kota Ibushi

Nth, also MOTYC to Takagi/Cobb.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
HM to Keith Lee & Drew McIntyre from Raw, good hoss off though I wonder if Keith Lee is losing a bit of athleticism (i feel silly saying that on a show where he did a top rope spanish fly, but there were a couple other spots that were blown)

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

The WWE training regime has ground his knees to dust

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

HM to Keith Lee & Drew McIntyre from Raw, good hoss off though I wonder if Keith Lee is losing a bit of athleticism (i feel silly saying that on a show where he did a top rope spanish fly, but there were a couple other spots that were blown)

Ah good he's finally learning how to work

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
WWE is just so sad in general.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

WWE is just so sad in general.

Nth

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

MOTYC: Kenny Omega (C) vs. Rey Fenix for the AEW World Championship - AEW Dynamite New Year's Smash Night 1 - 1/6

Absolutely loving incredible. Fenix is sensational and Kenny Omega keeps up with him every step of the way. Their in-ring chemistry is out of this world, they work so incredibly well together.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

motyc: omega/fenix dynamite 1/6

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
MOTYC: AEW Dynamite 1/6: AEW World Championship Match: Kenny Omega (c) vs. Rey Fenix

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

MOTYC: Kenny Omega (C) vs. Rey Fenix for the AEW World Championship - AEW Dynamite New Year's Smash Night 1 - 1/6

Absolutely loving incredible. Fenix is sensational and Kenny Omega keeps up with him every step of the way. Their in-ring chemistry is out of this world, they work so incredibly well together.

NTH JESUS CHRIST

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

MOTYC: Kenny Omega vs. Rey Fenix, AEW Dynamite, 1/6

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

NienNunb posted:

motyc: omega/fenix dynamite 1/6

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

MOTYC: Kenny Omega vs Rey Fenix - AEW Dydnamite 1/6

Up there with the MOTYC at the dome god drat

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

Couldn’t have said it better. Could be best match of Dynamite all year and we are

Just
Getting
Started!!

Nth

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Jerusalem posted:

Nth, unreal

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Jerusalem posted:

Yeah nth. Fenix is a loving madman.

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Jerusalem posted:

nth. Absolutely insane

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Jerusalem posted:

+1

katatonic
Mar 14, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

+1

Fenix is out of this loving world

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug

Jerusalem posted:

+1

match went full on and barely let up at all except for when they were chopping the poo poo of each other in pip

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Jerusalem posted:

nth

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

Big nth

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

Really good, seconded

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

Jerusalem posted:

Nth'd

This match was on Wednesday night TV.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Jerusalem posted:

:yeah:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

Nth. One of the best TV matches I’ve ever seen. Maybe the best.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
MOTYC: Kenny Omega vs. Rey Fenix, AEW New Year's Smash, 06/01

Just ridic

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

MOTYC
Jeff Cobb vs Shingo Takagi (Wrestle Kingdom 15 Night 2)
Hiromu Takahashi vs Taiji Ishimiroi (Wrestle Kingdom 15 Night 2)
Kenny Omega vs Rey Fenix (New Year's Bash Night 1)

HM
Kota Ibushi vs Jay White (Wrestle Kingdom 15 Night 2)
SANADA vs EVIL (Wrestle Kingdom 15 Night 2)

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
HM: Isami Kodaka vs. Rina Yamashita, January 1, YMZ The 8th Sunrise - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rooq_-Jw-4&t=3961s

A fun, hard hitting match. TIL that this is Death Yama-san's company.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Rarity posted:

Just ridic

absolutely ludicrous match. Loved it. Nth.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

A fun, hard hitting match. TIL that this is Death Yama-san's company.

I keep forgetting that YMZ starting doing the ChocoPro "matches on youtube" thing around the same time Yoneyama was around for a ChocoPro tag match.
Hopefully checking this match out will make me solidly remember.

karmicknight fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Jan 8, 2021

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

karmicknight posted:

I keep forgetting the YMZ starting doing the ChocoPro "matches on youtube" thing around the same time Yoneyama was around for a ChocoPro tag match.
Hopefully checking this match out will make me solidly remember.

I can't decide if Hikaru Sato is a bit troublesome in parts or not but I enjoy his dedication to cross dressing on these YMZ shows.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

Rarity posted:

Just ridic

nth, my God. This is on the same level as the Ibushi WK matches in my opinion.

Also I’d like to HM the Young Bucks et al opener. I thought that was very fun and a 3.5-3.75 match.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
HM: Rhea Ripley vs. Raquel González - Last Woman Standing Match - NXT New Year's Evil - 1/6

fun with a lot of gimmicks including someone getting stuffed in a locker

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
HM: Tiger Mask & Yuya Uemura vs. DOUKI & Minoru Suzuki, New Year's Dash 1/6

Remember that tag with Moxley & Suzuki on opposite sides that just was a huge brawl between them? This was like a diet version of that between Suzuki & Uemura.They did a ton of hard hitting stuff with each other and stole this match.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
3rd January
DDT New Year Special 2021
DAMNATION (Tetsuya Endo, Yuji Hino & Soma Takao) vs Chris Brookes, HARASHIMA & Kazusada Higuchi

Won't blow your socks off but HARASHIMA and Hino having a kick/chop off loving rules. I'm just happy he's finally in a promotion that's easy to follow.