Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

betaraywil
Dec 30, 2006

Gather the wind
Though the wind won't help you fly at all

:wotwot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

It's beautiful

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Are there any other golden age eps where the B plot is significantly better than the A plot?

Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Phaiston have long avoided the tightly competetive defence sector, but the IRDA Act 2052 has given us the freedom we need to bring out something really special.

https://team-robostar.itch.io/robostar

Nap Ghost

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

don't even have to edit this one

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I'm sure this is great but I'm ignorant af on Mussolini, what's the deal?

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Are there any other golden age eps where the B plot is significantly better than the A plot?
The only ones I can think of are ones where the B-Plot jokes all land and have more punch than the A-Plot, but mostly because the A-Plot is either deliberately more grounded and/or the B-Plot only needs exactly as much time as it gets to be whole and doesn't feel like it'd benefit from expansion-- Duffless, Round Springfield, Seymour Skinner's Badasssss Song, Team Homer, etc.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

mind the walrus posted:

I'm sure this is great but I'm ignorant af on Mussolini, what's the deal?

At the end of the 2nd World War Italian Partisans fighting with the Allies ambushed him and his mistress, lynched them both and hung their bodies upside down on display at a petrol station. There are plenty of photos of this, NSFW obviously.

JuiceOne
Sep 5, 2007

https://twitter.com/JuiceSimpsons/status/1347071940889083904?s=19

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

SeanBeansShako posted:

At the end of the 2nd World War Italian Partisans fighting with the Allies ambushed him and his mistress, lynched them both and hung their bodies upside down on display at a petrol station. There are plenty of photos of this, NSFW obviously.
Oh right ok now it's coming back to me. Thanks dude.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

So Juice is just making new Simpsons episodes now I guess

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

:kstare:

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Hmm to be honest I have mixed feelings about this. It just doesn't land for me in the end. I was maybe expecting something else to develop. I'm always a fan of experimentation, though, so I'll never tell you not to post.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

lmao

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

:piss:

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Baronjutter posted:

The fact that so many people just put shows on as a background thing or to half-watch while loving around on their phone explains so much of our media landscape. It also explains why so many shows that actually have plots and characters result in the internet being filled with people saying that show is confusing and hard to follow and youtube being filled with "X explained" videos where they just tell you the plot of a movie or TV show.

I had to rewatch the Expanse seasons 1 and 2 like three times because I didn't know who anyone was or what was going on.

You mean I can't absorb info from a show while playing a game, with headphones on blaring sadgirl songs and vaporwave while stoned out of my mind? That's unpossible!

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

The long-awaited origin story of Bang Bang Bart.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

SeanBeansShako posted:

One of the only times justice has ever been done.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

This gun is filled with sugar.

This one, with Mendoza.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

CodfishCartographer posted:

This gun is filled with sugar.

This one, with Mendoza.

This one is filled with HUMAN MISERY

JuiceOne
Sep 5, 2007

CommonShore posted:

Hmm to be honest I have mixed feelings about this. It just doesn't land for me in the end. I was maybe expecting something else to develop. I'm always a fan of experimentation, though, so I'll never tell you not to post.

Thanks, yeah, I wasn't really sure about this one, it started with me finding the idea of Bart saying each gun was filled with bullets was funny, then kind of turned into like a technical exercise to see if I could recreate that old-timey cartoon intro. I'll probably stick with the hits from now LOL!

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
I skipped like five months of this thread and there's still mendoza posting

lmao

Stingwing
Mar 26, 2010

Thank you Mr President for Making America Great Again! USA #1! I shouldn't have to understand other cultures, I'm a god damn American hero.

https://i.imgur.com/zpof3xK.mp4

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

JuiceOne posted:

Thanks, yeah, I wasn't really sure about this one, it started with me finding the idea of Bart saying each gun was filled with bullets was funny, then kind of turned into like a technical exercise to see if I could recreate that old-timey cartoon intro. I'll probably stick with the hits from now LOL!

Nah, it's really good and technically impressive as all hell.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

JuiceOne posted:

You're right about the guns being filled with bullets being funny, and technically it's great. Again, I'm not saying that it's bad, and that even the base idea lacks potential, but I'm not sure it's up to your other work's level.

I seem to be a minority voice on this though.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Yeah the bullets thing is funny, and the technical execution is brilliant, but it feels like it's lacking a punchline. Bart's eyes alone don't do it for me.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

should've fallen on a sundial for maximum combinatory value

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

PittTheElder posted:

Yeah the bullets thing is funny, and the technical execution is brilliant, but it feels like it's lacking a punchline. Bart's eyes alone don't do it for me.
The lack of an explicit punchline is very appropriate of old timey cartoons.

betaraywil
Dec 30, 2006

Gather the wind
Though the wind won't help you fly at all

A thoroughly Q1 2021 shitpost. Bravo.

JuiceOne
Sep 5, 2007

CommonShore posted:

You're right about the guns being filled with bullets being funny, and technically it's great. Again, I'm not saying that it's bad, and that even the base idea lacks potential, but I'm not sure it's up to your other work's level.

Honestly it's how I feel as well and I definitely appreciate the feedback! This thread is full of good folks, I love it.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

BizarroAzrael posted:

Why does the Bunsen burner look like it's from X-men: The Animated Series?

looks like someone just put an inordinate amount of care into the drawing. huh

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

CommonShore posted:

I agree with this! I think that the main problem is that the capper joke, Bart actually shooting Mr. Burns, isn't really funny, and I don't really know why. That's a joke that absolutely could work. But technically it was absolutely fantastic, just amazing.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

:italy:

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

https://twitter.com/canberratimes/status/1347280688110735361

JuiceOne
Sep 5, 2007

Just out and about in DC, shopping for license plates

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

it is short for bortholomew

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
Aw, man, I been dealin' with you for three motherfuckin' months, you ain't hit the pipe in front of me yet!

So, what you sayin'?

I think you 5-0!

5-0? Man, I ain't no motherfuckin' cop!

Well, hit this motherfucker then

I CAN FEEEEEEEL IT

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free