Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
I think it's less about money and celebrity than it is engaging with, uniting, and empowering the most hate-filled , racist groups in our country.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

It's still going to take 2/3 of Congress to get Trump out. Part of the amendment is if it's invoked, then the President can certify that he is capable of doing the job. Then it goes back to the VP, who would have to again say he isn't capable of holding office, and at that point it goes to congress to vote on the matter.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Just tell POTUS a squad of elite antifa commandos are looking for him and lock him in his room for the next two weeks. Bing bong, so simple.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Bird in a Blender posted:

It's still going to take 2/3 of Congress to get Trump out. Part of the amendment is if it's invoked, then the President can certify that he is capable of doing the job. Then it goes back to the VP, who would have to again say he isn't capable of holding office, and at that point it goes to congress to vote on the matter.

But they have 21 days to do so.

Trump doesn't have that much time yet so he'd be out until Jan 20 when Biden takes over.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Whenever the Vice President and a majority of either the principal officers of the executive departments or of such other body as Congress may by law provide, transmit to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives their written declaration that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, the Vice President shall immediately assume the powers and duties of the office as Acting President.

Thereafter, when the President transmits to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives his written declaration that no inability exists, he shall resume the powers and duties of his office unless the Vice President and a majority of either the principal officers of the executive department or of such other body as Congress may by law provide, transmit within four days to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives their written declaration that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office. Thereupon Congress shall decide the issue, assembling within forty-eight hours for that purpose if not in session. If the Congress, within twenty-one days after receipt of the latter written declaration, or, if Congress is not in session, within twenty-one days after Congress is required to assemble, determines by two-thirds vote of both Houses that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, the Vice President shall continue to discharge the same as Acting President; otherwise, the President shall resume the powers and duties of his office.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
Sure, but that's Trump and his family specifically with their, what 70 year history of doing and saying racist poo poo. But it's his money (lol) and fame that seduced his true believers

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Leper, what the gently caress is with this artificial rear end looking rods of snow on my deck right now? poo poo looks like splintered wood.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

D-LINK posted:

Sure, but that's Trump and his family specifically with their, what 70 year history of doing and saying racist poo poo. But it's his money (lol) and fame that seduced his true believers

The money and fame gave him the platform, but I think it was all the lib-owning and "telling it like it is" that made people fall in love with him. It's not like Trump had this huge cult of personality before he entered the political arena in the 2010s, he was just some rich rear end in a top hat. The money just gives him gives him an foundation of credibility to built everything else on. But maybe we're saying the same thing.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Blowjob Overtime posted:

Leper, what the gently caress is with this artificial rear end looking rods of snow on my deck right now? poo poo looks like splintered wood.

Guessing you live somewhere with an ice storm, then snow, and now it's it's been foggy + freezing.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Athanatos posted:

Guessing you live somewhere with an ice storm, then snow, and now it's it's been foggy + freezing.

Good point, some background might help. MN, so we got big snow December 23. Since then just a few degrees above freezing for a couple of days this week.

No ice storm, but foggy + freezing is right. This wasn't on the deck when I went out at 7:15, so it accumulated this morning.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Blowjob Overtime posted:

Good point, some background might help. MN, so we got big snow December 23. Since then just a few degrees above freezing for a couple of days this week.

No ice storm, but foggy + freezing is right. This wasn't on the deck when I went out at 7:15, so it accumulated this morning.

Rime Ice

Edit: If it was a clear night maybe it's hoarfrost. Great name. There is a difference between the two but gently caress if I can ever remember which is which.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Ooooh, so this probably shook off of trees, not actually fell from the sky. That makes more sense. I couldn't imagine how it built out into a rod like that in the atmosphere.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Silly Burrito posted:

Whenever the Vice President and a majority of either the principal officers of the executive departments or of such other body as Congress may by law provide, transmit to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives their written declaration that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, the Vice President shall immediately assume the powers and duties of the office as Acting President.

Thereafter, when the President transmits to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives his written declaration that no inability exists, he shall resume the powers and duties of his office unless the Vice President and a majority of either the principal officers of the executive department or of such other body as Congress may by law provide, transmit within four days to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives their written declaration that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office. Thereupon Congress shall decide the issue, assembling within forty-eight hours for that purpose if not in session. If the Congress, within twenty-one days after receipt of the latter written declaration, or, if Congress is not in session, within twenty-one days after Congress is required to assemble, determines by two-thirds vote of both Houses that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, the Vice President shall continue to discharge the same as Acting President; otherwise, the President shall resume the powers and duties of his office.

Yea, I guess I read it wrong. I thought that the president kept his powers until the vote happened, but I think reading this again, it says that the President would not keep his powers until congress voted.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

"Oh hey thanks, I was looking for that"

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

https://twitter.com/tony_magoni/status/1347160008400764930?s=19

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Couldn't protesters get arrested now and held until after the president is out of office in order to be formally charged in order to avoid a blanket pardon?

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

Blowjob Overtime posted:

https://twitter.com/NWSduluth/status/1347130121052844034

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

seiferguy posted:

Couldn't protesters get arrested now and held until after the president is out of office in order to be formally charged in order to avoid a blanket pardon?

Theoretically you can preemptively pardon people, that's how the pardon of the vietnam draft dodgers worked

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Yea, I guess I read it wrong. I thought that the president kept his powers until the vote happened, but I think reading this again, it says that the President would not keep his powers until congress voted.

Yes, and since Congress has 21 days to act and Trump has 13 days left, it's a way to strip him of power until the inauguration.

A full impeachment and removal would be better but this is probably the most realistic shot we have of nullifying him for 13 days. No nuclear football, no more pardons.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

The Glumslinger posted:

Theoretically you can preemptively pardon people, that's how the pardon of the vietnam draft dodgers worked

Yeah, Carter pardoned all the vietnam war draft dodgers, which was like 100-500k people, most? none? of which had been charged with crimes for that.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

The Glumslinger posted:

Ah, well! Never the less...

Umm... state charges?

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

seiferguy posted:

Umm... state charges?

What state? It's DC so it's federal land.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

seiferguy posted:

Umm... state charges?

I guess DC could feasibly have jurisdiction but the weird way that DC functions as an administrative unit and how it’s technically overseen by the federal government might make that pointless.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

What state? It's DC so it's federal land.

Let's make DC a state in the new Congress, then we can bring new state charges on this!

*Taps head*

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Found the new spiderman pointing meme:

https://twitter.com/sjxclusivee/status/1346979605903769610?s=19

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
This guy's a massive piece of poo poo to begin with but hooooo boy

https://twitter.com/ChipMitchell1/status/1347207462097715200

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Hot Diggity! posted:

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Hot Diggity! posted:

"Do I support the Capitol attack? Yes but I know people will yell at me on Twitter if I say that" FOH

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
I can't stop laughing at this tweet

https://twitter.com/howardeskin/status/1347235877798301696?s=20

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Wednesday was a sad day for America. Sports maybe now more than ever needs to be an outlet from the divide in this country. However #Phillies fans will not be happy with this news. The #Mets will be a better team in 2021, as there's a drive into deep left field by Castellanos and that'll be a home run. And so that'll make it a 4-0 ballgame. I don't know if I'm going to be putting on this headset again.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Good bless Nicholas Castellanos for hitting a home run at the exact right time in American history.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

shirts and skins posted:

Wednesday was a sad day for America. Sports maybe now more than ever needs to be an outlet from the divide in this country. However #Phillies fans will not be happy with this news. The #Mets will be a better team in 2021, as there's a drive into deep left field by Castellanos and that'll be a home run. And so that'll make it a 4-0 ballgame. I don't know if I'm going to be putting on this headset again.

I'm dying laughing at how perfect this fits. Thanks for that on an otherwise frustrating day. (Same goes for the amazing Animaniacs mp4 as well.)

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

This is like the Tweet equivalent of the Bob's Burgers bit where Tina hits the only other car in an empty parking lot.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

We’ve been so desensitized that we laugh at clearcut demands for treason

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
https://twitter.com/happyroadkill/status/1347242548025323521?s=19

I miss Calvin and Hobbes :(

ZuluDashOne
May 1, 2020

#NeverForget

Go Wings!

:911:

:same:

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

https://twitter.com/ReporterCioffi/status/1347231440669446146

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
https://twitter.com/jacob_posts/status/1347238285500944391?s=19

This works too perfectly omg

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Elaine Chao is resigning. Love the Guardian shade added on to the blurb they got from WaPo:

The Guardian posted:

Chao has served in Trump’s cabinet for four years and has stood by the president’s side through countless controversies, including when Trump said there were “very fine people on both sides” during the Neo-Nazi rally in Charlottesville.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Certainly was no intelligence alright