Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

couldcareless posted:

You're working for the campaign? That's dope. Rooting hard for yall. Maybe they will pass that travel stimulus towards the end of the pandemic that was kicked around awhile ago.

I've worked for:

Sanders
Abrams
Harris (I've got huge regrets with this as I can't get past the stuff with the catholic church and her)
Sanders
And now Ossoff. I did a little help with Warnock's crew but they were pretty much put together already (and did awesome). I've done some bit work for other folks, but these ones are who I've really thrown in with. I'm just excited maybe things won't be a total gently caress up. If the pandemic ever ends, I'm all for travel stimulus. I might actually get to see my spouse someday again!

PurpleButterfly posted:

Instead, I got the news I was hoping for here, of all places. I second what was said above - here's to slightly improved times ahead.

Newsmax just called it for Ossoff about an hour ago so here's hoping it sticks. Perdue and Loeffler are already kicking up a piss fit.

2 more weeks.

E: To make it disney related- you might say there's a great big beautiful tomorrow. I hope. maybe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

I've worked for:

Sanders
Abrams
Harris (I've got huge regrets with this as I can't get past the stuff with the catholic church and her)
Sanders
And now Ossoff. I did a little help with Warnock's crew but they were pretty much put together already (and did awesome). I've done some bit work for other folks, but these ones are who I've really thrown in with. I'm just excited maybe things won't be a total gently caress up. If the pandemic ever ends, I'm all for travel stimulus. I might actually get to see my spouse someday again!

Newsmax just called it for Ossoff about an hour ago so here's hoping it sticks. Perdue and Loeffler are already kicking up a piss fit.

2 more weeks.

E: To make it disney related- you might say there's a great big beautiful tomorrow. I hope. maybe.

You kick rear end.

:hfive:

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Grundulum posted:

Holy poo poo. This was one of the news topics I had been avoiding, since I couldn’t affect the outcome and reading about it did not help my blood pressure. Yay for a possibly functioning government, at least until midterms.

Well this aged badly

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

hold up, you have a loving llama??

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

https://twitter.com/Attractions/status/1347221037235253248?s=20

Chainclaw
Feb 14, 2009

When we went a few years ago I was surprised this was still running. It's not really well advertised, and the tech doesn't work very well anymore. We tried playing and got frustrated pretty quickly with the cards not working very well.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
This is going to really upset the 50 or so super die hard fans.
I recall seeing someone with a whole binder of cards and they would go to locations and just open up the binder to a specific page and let it scan. I was amazed and it almost made me want to fall into that rabbit hole.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
I have a decent amount of cards from playing on a few trips and the play at home version of the game. There’s always the play at home version!

Real talk, though I wanted to play it and did play it for an hour or two on different trips, there were always ten other things that were higher priority for us.

Hungry Squirrel
Jun 30, 2008

You gonna eat that?

This was my daughter's favorite activity when we went last year. She's been begging to go back and do it again. I am not looking forward to telling her this. Do you think they'll replace it with a similar interactive scavenger hunt type thing?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Hungry Squirrel posted:

This was my daughter's favorite activity when we went last year. She's been begging to go back and do it again. I am not looking forward to telling her this. Do you think they'll replace it with a similar interactive scavenger hunt type thing?

Get her into hidden Mickeys? Yeah, not quite the same, but they're everywhere.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

The only element of Sorcerors that I've ever seen is the thing in the window near Liberty Tree, which I think is the one in that photo. It really isn't very visible. Now I guess I'll never get to try :(

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Hungry Squirrel posted:

no, they'll poo poo out some worthless mobile game that leads you around by the nose past everything you can spend the most money on.

:smith: I like sorcerers.

E:

Bottom Liner posted:

hold up, you have a loving llama??

All praise Valentine the Magnificent, ruler of the front pasture, god queen of the universe. Currently sitting out in the rain and yelling at passing vehicles at the top of her lungs all night.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.
I see kids playing at the Sorcerer's portal next to Hall of Presidents all the time, so I am a bit sad. Maybe it can come back as a Augmented Reality game on the Play app someday.

I am going to visit the parks for the first time in a very long time (I did AK when CMs first could go back in and haven't been back since the heat nearly killed me) and I am excited. Using some comps to go to Studios and ride RIse (maybe) and Runaway Railway and see if I can get a walkup to Savi's (since I cant get a reservation, sigh)

I am staying at Pop Century to do a birthday getaway and I can't wait to just take in some of that Disney resort atmosphere...at a safe physical distance, that is.

Quixotic1
Jul 25, 2007

Walt Disney soon to be announcing they are re-hiring every Imagineer living and dead and every construction company and actually try to be ahead of schedule to build and record a Biden animatronic by inventing time travel to have it ready by tomorrow.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

They should probably just begone with Hall of Presidents but at the very least you gotta remove Smoothbrains

Quixotic1
Jul 25, 2007

Tim Whatley posted:

They should probably just begone with Hall of Presidents but at the very least you gotta remove Smoothbrains

Hall of Disney Legends, that'll whet their appetite/shutup the EPCOT Center originalists.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Disney's animatronic graveyard revue starting tom morrow and the butler from horizons

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
Lester's Possum Park show from Goofy Movie. It's even close enough to Frontier land to make sense. Do it Disney.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
I mean it's literally just country bears with possums, but possums are definitely better than bears so I'm down

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse

couldcareless posted:

Lester's Possum Park show from Goofy Movie. It's even close enough to Frontier land to make sense. Do it Disney.

This is what should replace Dinoland USA

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

I mean they could just move Great Moments in History with the Muppets into Hall of Presidents. They could. Animatronic Kermit can't be that hard to make.

I say this as someone who really loves Hall of Presidents.

No, I don't know what's wrong with me, either.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
Maybe they reprogram the Trump animatronic to tell guests to “we’re going to walk down main street and we’re going to give our characters — the weak ones because the strong ones don’t need any of our help — we’re to try and get them kind of pride and boldness they need to take back our country"

Then everyone marches down main street and busts into cinderella’s royal table. The CMs wave them through because they’re with the people. This happens every hour (or however often the HoP show runs).

Quixotic1
Jul 25, 2007

Guests constantly asking the CMs "What time does the 3 o'clock insurrection start?"

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

Quixotic1 posted:

Guests constantly asking the CMs "What time does the 3 o'clock insurrection start?"

to mix it up they can storm different rides throughout the day, maybe the way it works is guests get a free FP+ for whatever ride they are storming

this is actually may not be a bad operations plan given how empty HoP usually is

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Just turn it into great moments with lincoln tbh

Quixotic1
Jul 25, 2007

The curtain rises and there's sits a shadowed figure, and due to ancient arcane imagineering prowess that still impress, he amazingly rises from his seat as patriotic music swells and he says "Hello."

Great Moments with Michael Eisner.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

Quixotic1 posted:

The curtain rises and there's sits a shadowed figure, and due to ancient arcane imagineering prowess that still impress, he amazingly rises from his seat as patriotic music swells and he says "Hello."

https://youtu.be/9eIUg35c2xs

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
https://twitter.com/ScottGustin/status/1347934894459150336

:vince:

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Just have goofy and stitch draw and quarter his animatronic robot in the haunted mansion

Quixotic1
Jul 25, 2007

Junkie Disease posted:

Just have goofy and stitch draw and quarter his animatronic robot in the haunted mansion

New sideshow you can activate with your magicband/phone In Galaxy's edge with a upcoming defunct animatronic.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4O0-dCLFadQ

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Quixotic1 posted:

Posts you can hear because of a childhood misspent listening to Michael Eisner.

Quixotic1 posted:

New sideshow you can activate with your magicband/phone In Galaxy's edge with a upcoming defunct animatronic.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4O0-dCLFadQ

I do hope they remove him from the stage.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Posts you can hear because of a childhood misspent listening to Michael Eisner.

I do hope they remove him from the stage.

Would honestly be the right thing to do if they don't retire the show entirely. Maybe shuffle him to the back and slowly use him for parts for other stuff

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Dren posted:

Maybe they reprogram the Trump animatronic to tell guests to “we’re going to walk down main street and we’re going to give our characters — the weak ones because the strong ones don’t need any of our help — we’re to try and get them kind of pride and boldness they need to take back our country"

Then everyone marches down main street and busts into cinderella’s royal table. The CMs wave them through because they’re with the people. This happens every hour (or however often the HoP show runs).

Had a hearty LOL at this. Surely no other post on this page can be as funny—

Quixotic1 posted:

:vince:

Cais
Jul 10, 2006
unicycler
“We’re marching right down the middle of Main Street USA....”

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

Cais posted:

“Tell your mother not to worry. We’re gonna take back the country in a hurry”

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

Cais posted:

Then the CMs stay behind and a whole crowd of expectant guests gets turned away at the line entry at whichever ride.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
You all act like insurrection at a Disney park hasn't already happened.

https://twitter.com/dlthings/status/629312153292402688?s=21

https://www.atlasobscura.com/articles/disneyland-yippies-1970

Quixotic1
Jul 25, 2007

Someone track down the whereabouts of the guy who got banned and misquoted A bug's Life to the Mickey Police for not wearing a mask, and also Backdoor Disney; their dumb mugs have got to have been at that shitshow.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Let's not forget about that family punching each other in ~2018 at Disney. Unfortunately, Disney has purged the videos from the internet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Steal This Park.