Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
?
This poll is closed.
Yes 62 44.93%
No 76 55.07%
Total: 138 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Handsome Ralph posted:

:rolleyes: Yeah I'm sure.

Still defending the trash rear end character and history of Joe "Racial Jungle" Biden I see.

Let me help you with something. Those terrorists who stormed the Capitol yesterday? Biden courted them for years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums

facialimpediment posted:

And Mitch's wife, SecTranspo, ain't sticking around. Unfortunately, that's likely one less vote for a 25th action (though drumbeat rising in the House):

https://twitter.com/jdawsey1/status/1347249978201280513?s=19

I don't get this at all. Resigning to spare herself the trauma of doing something once Trump's no longer in office? WTF does she want, a medal?

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/carlquintanilla/status/1347246770577932288?s=21

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

On the plus side I'm seeing more than a few computer touchers at work come around from the cowardly both sides-ism crap. Dunno if it will stick, but it's probably a good sign when people who are in an extremely comfortable position in life come around from the cowardly both-sidesism bullshit they tend to trot out and go "nope, the democrats might be bad, but the republicans are loving awful"

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Defenestrategy posted:

On the plus side I'm seeing more than a few computer touchers at work come around from the cowardly both sides-ism crap. Dunno if it will stick, but it's probably a good sign when people who are in an extremely comfortable position in life come around from the cowardly both-sidesism bullshit they tend to trot out and go "nope, the democrats might be bad, but the republicans are loving awful"

At new job we were explicitly told not to discuss politics in our meeting yesterday afternoon, but easily half the people have quietly checked my political leaning.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

RFC2324 posted:

At new job we were explicitly told not to discuss politics in our meeting yesterday afternoon, but easily half the people have quietly checked my political leaning.

My company has a politics slack channel, which would be a really poo poo idea in a company of 200+, but somehow chuds stay out of the channel entirely, and everyone in the channel is basically on the spectrum from blue dog democrat, gays are cool but no hand outs! to leftist agitators.

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

You throw me the acorn, I throw you the whip!
https://twitter.com/wbznewsradio/status/1347252477775802373

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Well there you go.

https://twitter.com/AlexNBCNews/status/1347258965231599616?s=19

The whole "nothing for two weeks" wasn't really tenable to begin with, but it was likely said because congresscritters aren't exactly used to being under siege.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
I wonder what will happen if he is barred from from holding office in the future, but he runs in 2024 anyways.

Assuming the big macs haven't done their patriotic duty first.

ZombieApostate
Mar 13, 2011
Sorry, I didn't read your post.

I'm too busy replying to what I wish you said

:allears:

The Eyes Have It posted:

I don't get this at all. Resigning to spare herself the trauma of doing something once Trump's no longer in office? WTF does she want, a medal?

It's so she can dodge having to make a decision on the 25th amendment.

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

RFC2324 posted:

I worked hard at my current job to cultivate a "he hates everything" image, so they stop asking me about what I think about [INSERT TRUMP THING].

I was shocked how many Trumpers are at this job.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

davecrazy posted:

Nobody gives a gently caress about the optics of the National Guard walking in a bayonet line against BLM protesters but all the sudden vs Chuds need to worry about how it will look?

Yeah I know rite.

I will say, when May Guard showed up in LA durring Floyd Spring, they were mostly respectful, just as bewildered as to why they were there as we were, and waaaaaaaay less aggro than the cops.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp
Pelosi said the line:

https://twitter.com/heatherscope/status/1347258984798048257?s=20

e: beaten!

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

ZombieApostate posted:

It's so she can dodge having to make a decision on the 25th amendment.

One interesting thing that I / others missed - the resignation is effective January the 11th (Monday). Odd that it's not immediate.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

facialimpediment posted:

One interesting thing that I / others missed - the resignation is effective January the 11th (Monday). Odd that it's not immediate.

How long would it take to do a 25th Amendment vote? Could they rush one out this weekend?

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Syrian Lannister posted:

How long would it take to do a 25th Amendment vote? Could they rush one out this weekend?

They could do it right now if they wanted to.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Syrian Lannister posted:

From the 25th amendment:

quote:

Whenever the Vice President and a majority of either the principal officers of the executive departments or of such other body as Congress may by law provide, transmit to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives their written declaration that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, the Vice President shall immediately assume the powers and duties of the office as Acting President.

Thereafter, when the President transmits to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives his written declaration that no inability exists, he shall resume the powers and duties of his office unless the Vice President and a majority of either the principal officers of the executive department or of such other body as Congress may by law provide, transmit within four days to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives their written declaration that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office. Thereupon Congress shall decide the issue, assembling within forty-eight hours for that purpose if not in session. If the Congress, within twenty-one days after receipt of the latter written declaration, or, if Congress is not in session, within twenty-one days after Congress is required to assemble, determines by two-thirds vote of both Houses that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, the Vice President shall continue to discharge the same as Acting President; otherwise, the President shall resume the powers and duties of his office.

Basically Pence and whoever else on the cabinet can do it as fast as a courier can get to the capitol building. If Trump writes the right words Pence would have to send the same thing out again and start a 21 day timer which would moot the entire thing as Biden presumably will be president on the 20th.

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

In my imagination, it's like that scene in Death of Stalin where they're conspiring against Beria. I'd like to imagine they're making sure they have enough to push trump out on the 25th, but they probably won't do anything. Also, I'm not sure who is more despicable, trump or beria.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

facialimpediment posted:

That is interesting. I wonder if it’s so she can do it and be gone before Trump can fire her. I mean firing a person leaving on Monday is some petty petty poo poo (I mean excluding Trump of course).

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pine Cone Jones posted:

In my imagination, it's like that scene in Death of Stalin where they're conspiring against Beria. I'd like to imagine they're making sure they have enough to push trump out on the 25th, but they probably won't do anything. Also, I'm not sure who is more despicable, trump or beria.

Beria, by a country mile. Seriously he even raped more people then Trump. Like it’s weird to be so clear cut...but I think it is here.

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Beria, by a country mile. Seriously he even raped more people then Trump. Like it’s weird to be so clear cut...but I think it is here.

I guess, in my mind Beria seems further because he wasn't here, but they're still finding bodies from him apparently.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

Well, Trump news always land on a Friday so why break a winning streak? So much winning.

E. I'm saying he will be 25th tomorrow at the earliest

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

loving coward

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

https://twitter.com/BrianMteleSUR/status/1347145115362603008

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp
Beria was far more of a monster but that's mostly because he was both much, much smarter than Trump and because circumstances allowed him to be.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

:perfect:

Lake of Methane
Oct 29, 2011

https://twitter.com/hunterw/status/1347238010656534529

This does appear to be the correct house and address. Touched that they are using a literal dump trunk to haul-off Jared and Ivanka's crap.

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

Lake of Methane posted:

This does appear to be the correct house and address. Touched that they are using a literal dump trunk to haul-off Jared and Ivanka's crap.

Junk truck makes me think they are trying to get rid of potential crime material...

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

As much as I could hate Elaine Chao by association, I can honestly say that I am not aware of a single utterance of her name or position (positive or negative) in any meeting or presentation that I have been witness to since she assumed the role of Secretary of Transportation. Could have been worse?

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

Jello is right here.

Be sure to listen to his opening remarks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=853t5NFpUy8

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006

SquirrelyPSU posted:

As much as I could hate Elaine Chao by association, I can honestly say that I am not aware of a single utterance of her name or position (positive or negative) in any meeting or presentation that I have been witness to since she assumed the role of Secretary of Transportation. Could have been worse?

She was one of the few that was actually qualified for the job for what it’s worth. I don’t think you marry Turtle McConnel without being smart enough to keep your name out of the headlines.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Lake of Methane posted:

Man they just destroy evidence in the open

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Chaus' father was a Taiwanese shipping magnate. You don't hear anything because she's a competent grifter. Her and Mitch had no children, money is their baby.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

SquirrelyPSU posted:

I just had to look at a bunch of stuff signed by her on an ELMS course for my new management job. That's about the extent of it. I assume her picture is up in the part of the building I'm never in as well?

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Lake of Methane posted:

Can confirm. That’s their house. I’ll go run by and see if it’s accurate.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Can confirm. That’s their house. I’ll go run by and see if it’s accurate.

Do some dumpster diving, see if you can find a goya beans can.

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Chaus' father was a Taiwanese shipping magnate. You don't hear anything because she's a competent grifter. Her and Mitch had no children, money is their baby.

gently caress off with this poo poo.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

wins32767 posted:

gently caress off with this poo poo.

Seriously, if for no other reason then I’m now having to actively avoid picturing McConnell’s o-face. And now so are you, reader of the future.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Midjack posted:

Seriously, if for no other reason then I’m now having to actively avoid picturing McConnell’s o-face. And now so are you, reader of the future.

I hate you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Midjack posted:

e: gently caress that was supposed to be my reaction, now I think it's this, it's getting worse