Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
The English vaccine is when you send a small number in advance so that they know not to trust them, as happened in Lesotho.

e: Area 51 has aliens and ghosts and stuff apparently.

Guavanaut fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Jan 7, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

If only it were only them who perish as a result of this hideous idiocy.

Hidiocy.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Lungboy posted:

There's also a pic of him with a girl that's significantly younger than him, possibly illegally so https://mobile.twitter.com/MichaelNo2War/status/1202700718592970755

That image has been doing the rounds for literally decades, mostly in Private Eye.

She's Pamella Bordes and she's 1 year younger than me, 12 years younger than Neil who she was dating for a while allegedly at the same time as a few other prominent people:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pamella_Bordes

Further research indicates they met in around 1988 so she would have been 27.
Must admit he looks a lot older than 39 in that photo so maybe he's lying about his age!

Ed: Corrected by Twisto a few posts below, the woman is Sajata Stephane. Still, she's definitely an adult in that photo.

Jaeluni Asjil fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Jan 7, 2021

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

Not So Fast posted:

Scottish Police acting like a bunch of absolute cunts forcing their way into someone's home here.

https://mobile.twitter.com/SteveLawsReport/status/1347215530244108288

its a very frenetic, chaotic situation and through that lens you can begin to understand the particulars of this event

edit:

there's a longer video of it on youtube

absolutely bizarre stuff from the polis

Ash Crimson fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Jan 7, 2021

Sanitary Naptime
May 29, 2006

MIWK!

I dunno, I’d say it’s entirely on brand for the polis

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

They did the clap clap announcement over the tannoy at work and everyone went to the front of the shop and clapped at each other in a circle.

I stood at the other end of the shop and died.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

OwlFancier posted:

They did the clap clap announcement over the tannoy at work and everyone went to the front of the shop and clapped at each other in a circle.

I stood at the other end of the shop and died.

That'll be your card marked. "Not a team player."

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I'm a contractor so I already literally have an ID card to say that. My being allowed to work for advertising standards is contingent on me not being one :v:

Also happy to report that it is apparently very difficult for people to sustain applause for more than about 15 seconds before it devolves into something that sounds like it should be accompanied by chanting FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT

Edit: lol

Aipsh fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Jan 7, 2021

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Which ones are Coco and Thicko?
I'm getting round to thinking the Daily Star is the most leftwing press we have in the mainstream.
(Daily Star circulation for 2020 = FT + Graun put together).

Jaeluni Asjil fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Jan 7, 2021

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Ask Gibbo.

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

I'm getting round to thinking the Daily Star is the most leftwing press we have in the mainstream.

The BBC's daily "In The Press" thing suggests it's THE GOVERNMENT. No word on who's who, but I doubt it makes a difference.
It was the Star that Mirror Group bought out, wasn't it?

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Sanitary Naptime posted:

I dunno, I’d say it’s entirely on brand for the polis

I think Ash is probably reeling having just seen a problem which they're unable to blame on the perfidious English

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The true vanguard paper of the revolution is the sunday sport.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

kingturnip posted:

The BBC's daily "In The Press" thing suggests it's THE GOVERNMENT. No word on who's who, but I doubt it makes a difference.
It was the Star that Mirror Group bought out, wasn't it?

wikipedia posted:

It is one of Britain's biggest newspaper groups, publishing 240 regional papers in addition to the national Daily Mirror, Sunday Mirror, The Sunday People, Daily Express, Sunday Express, Daily Star, Daily Star Sunday as well as the Scottish Daily Record and Sunday Mail and the magazine OK!.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reach_plc

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

OwlFancier posted:

The true vanguard paper of the revolution is the sunday sport.

I'll never forget the bottom-nibbling curry alien who lived in the toilet front page.

source: https://www.shortlist.com/news/best-sunday-sport-headlines

Jaeluni Asjil fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Jan 7, 2021

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

Julio Cruz posted:

I think Ash is probably reeling having just seen a problem which they're unable to blame on the perfidious English

That's a good one I like that, very impactful!

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse
Why not do what I do, and just blame the rich.

And the 52% that keep believing them.

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

endlessmonotony posted:

Why not do what I do, and just blame the rich.

And the 52% that keep believing them.

I believe independence is only a temporary solution but is the only way for any sort of possibility for leftward change, yes it abandons everyone else but I don't know how feasible it is to continue to wait for the country as a whole to suck less

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Ash Crimson posted:

I believe independence is only a temporary solution but is the only way for any sort of possibility for leftward change, yes it abandons everyone else but I don't know how feasible it is to continue to wait for the country as a whole to suck less

If the mainland is anything to go by, it takes a massive crisis that erases the credibility of the inherited wealth failsons for positive progress to be made.

This is a massive crisis at the very least! Will enough of Britain figure out the whole "uh maybe vote for someone compassionate and competent and stop treating money as evidence of intelligence"?

'cause if they don't, leaving is absolutely the right move. It might still be even if they do.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

That image has been doing the rounds for literally decades, mostly in Private Eye.

She's Pamella Bordes and she's 1 year younger than me, 12 years younger than Neil who she was dating for a while allegedly at the same time as a few other prominent people:

Must admit he looks a lot older than 39 in that photo so maybe he's lying about his age!

It's not Pamella Bordes, it's another woman who Neill was seeing at the time (we'll come back to her).

Private Eye first published the picture when Bordes sold her story (which included sex-for-money with enough Tory MPs that she had a House of Commons security pass) because the News of the World - sister paper to the Sunday Times - spiked the part of the story about her sleeping with Neill (then editor of NoTW sister paper the Sunday Times), and Neill (and Carter-Ruck) were thundering around threatening massive writs on anyone who dared suggest he'd had sex with Bordes (paid or not).

The Eye found a gossip-column pic of Neill - resplendent in regulation sex-tourist uniform - embracing a woman who looked very vaguely like Bordes and published it with a *completely straight* account of the gossip story - but then started shoehorning it, without context, into every single reference to him, Bordes, the Murdoch papers, and indeed vests (which is what led to the long-standing tradition of readers writing in with the flimsiest possible justification for them to publish it, e.g. "I am a great admirer of the unsung work of geriatric nurses, do you perhaps have a picture of someone helping a poor addled old man to stand up?"). It is of course childish as hell but also an absolutely *beautiful* bit of trolling because everyone then assumed that Neill had been caught with Bordes, without the Eye ever having said so.

It died down after a year or so until Neill let slip to someone just how much he hated that picture of himself, when it was instantly republished in every single edition for something like ten years - Hislop *really* hates Neill.

Fun fact about Pamella Bordes - she lived three doors down (although not at overlapping times) from Antonia De Sancha of David Mellor infamy. Must be something in the water in Chiswick, because Stephen Milligan MP had his deathwank in the next street over.

Anyway the lady in the picture is called Sajata Stephane, and she had the misfortune to date Neill for a few months in the late 80s. Now here's a question - how did the London-based little-black-book occupant happen to meet an American makeup artist who worked with many modeling agencies in New York?

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Thanks for that, I've never heard the story behind it. If that's correct about her being 27 and him 39 then fair enough. He looks 50+ to me and I'd assumed it wasn't that old a pic.

Gurz
Sep 9, 2000
THE 12" DILDO IN MY ASS IS ONLY A PLACEHOLDER FOR PULSATING HOT COCKS

He looks like Father Dougal McGuire

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Hislop *really* hates Neill.

Interestingly, they haven't publish the picture for a while as Hislop has grown to respect Neill and his eviscerations of various MPs.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I always thought that was a pic of jimmy saville.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

notaspy posted:

Interestingly, they haven't publish the picture for a while as Hislop has grown to respect Neill and his eviscerations of various MPs.

Is there a source for this please?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Oh no, I slept through Clap For Heroes, when will the police becoming for me?

Nutapii
Jun 24, 2020

Not So Fast posted:

Scottish Police acting like a bunch of absolute cunts forcing their way into someone's home here.

https://mobile.twitter.com/SteveLawsReport/status/1347215530244108288

I've got the strangest feeling the person going on about being a woman on the land, the husband waiting till the camera's on to square up to the police, and the "JUST BEEN IN THE HOSPITAL DO CPR" performative screaming, might not be the most reliable.

Also, you might want to look at that chap's other tweets and reporting and consider his angle; which in rough escalation is that Brexit hasn't caused any problems, Covid is a hoax, and Trump had the election stolen.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/jan/07/leaveeu-leaves-britain-after-brexit

quote:

Leave.EU has left the UK, as Brexit forced the Eurosceptic campaign group to choose between its name and its country.

According to domain name registration records, the organisation, founded by businessman and activist Arron Banks, picked the former. The website is now registered in the name of Sean Power, the chief executive of the Ireland-based professional services company BSG.

When asked, however, Power, who is based in Waterford, insisted that he had no involvement with the organisation. When informed that his name and contact details were present on the registration, he said he would be “looking into the matter”.

lmao whoops

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Lungboy posted:

Thanks for that, I've never heard the story behind it. If that's correct about her being 27 and him 39 then fair enough. He looks 50+ to me and I'd assumed it wasn't that old a pic.

See twisto's correction just above your post here.
The woman isn't Pamella Bordes. Nonetheless that photo is over 30 years old now.

Jaeluni Asjil fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Jan 7, 2021

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
I clapped. I was tired and it was cold but I think it was worth doing.

The lady over the road ferociously smashing a cricket bat against her pans now knows I'm on her side and I have nothing to fear from the absolute maniac.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

notaspy posted:

They published it a couple of months ago to my sure knowledge.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
nobody here bothered about clapclap time and i am very glad about that

it was becoming loving oppressive last time around because people gonna peep :mad:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

You should have a wank and try to time the climax to 8pm.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

See twisto's correction just above your post here.
The woman isn't Pamella Bordes. Nonetheless that photo is over 30 years old now.

Wow, Neil must have the worst attic painting in existence.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Does anyone know anything about something called DiEM25UK
Democracy in Europe Movement 2025?

A friend invited me to a FB group about it, but I've never heard of them before and am a bit wary just in case they are some sort of undercover fash mob!
They don't seem to have a website.

Juche Couture
Feb 3, 2007

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

A friend invited me to a FB group about it, but I've never heard of them before and am a bit wary just in case they are some sort of undercover fash mob!

It’s Varoufakis’ new thing - https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Democracy_in_Europe_Movement_2025

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Seems legit https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Democracy_in_Europe_Movement_2025?wprov=sfla1.

I've seen a few mentions but have no other knowledge of them.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

crispix posted:

nobody here bothered about clapclap time and i am very glad about that

it was becoming loving oppressive last time around because people gonna peep :mad:

Our street WhatsApp group has a little discussion. I said that in the absence of proper NHS resourcing and pay for nurses etc it felt somewhat hollow. Happily everyone agreed, including a nurse. We shared several resources which are directly helping NHS staff. (Happy to post them here if anyone is interested).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Fkin hell

https://twitter.com/Styledinopinion/status/1347332369896898561?s=20